3 replies to this topic

#1 hurricane51

hurricane51
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Thailand

Posted 02 January 2009 - 06:22 PM

I'm new to VistaPE, and I've created a boot CD that works, but when the OS comes up my mouse and keyboard don't work. I'm using a Microsoft wireless KB and mouse, but they don't need anything special in the way of drviers -- you just plug them into the USB port and go. In Vista Device Manager they just show up as HD-compliant Mouse and KB.

Unfortunately, without the input devices I'm dead in the water before I ever start.

Thanks for any help.

#2 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:18 PM

For testing purposes you can use the VirtualBox emulator to see how your boot disk will work - http://www.virtualbox.org/

I guess that the easier solution for the cases when you do need to repair your machine would be getting some wired equipment (from a friend, etc) since I don't think it will be very easy to get them working with VistaPE at this point.

Some USB mouses/keyboards come with PS/2 port adapters maybe this would make them recognizable?

My experience on this matter is quite short, just hope someone else knows a better solution and helps.

:cheers:

#3 hurricane51

hurricane51
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Thailand

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:24 AM

Unfortunately, neither of those options is going to work in this case. I just don't understand what's happening, since neither XP not Vista needed special drivers -- it works the same as a wired mouse.

#4 Arvy

Arvy

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 430 posts
  • Interests:IT, Outdoors, Horses
  •  
    Canada

Posted 03 January 2009 - 09:25 AM

It seems to be a fairly common problem with the current VistaPE v0.12 (RC1) release. In some cases (including my own) some hardware that is recognised early in the loading process actually seems to be disabled during subsequent parts of the process and cordless HID items appear to be among the most susceptible.

I'm not aware of any total solution at this point, but I've had some success with using the c't modified version of the VPE loader. See this forum thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users