Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

Additions to Winbuilder = Ultimate 4GB USB/DVD Bootable - Other Linux, Spyware, Etc

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 rdog

rdog
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 March 2008 - 01:32 AM

I'm a noob to winbuilder and creating scripts. But I was wondering if someone could add the following to the VistaPE, Utilities and linux distros (Winbuild). I'm looking for the ultimate 4GB USB bootable multiple distro toolkit!

1.) VistaPE - A.) Wireless Drivers B.) Google Pack Options (Spydoctor, Open Office, Etc. Free stuff), Network Security Tools?, Scanning Tools?, Rootkit Scanners C.) Spyware (Spydoctor, Spybot, Etc.)

2.) Linux Bootable Distros - More ( BackTrack 3 (This one please! :-) , DreamLinux, Freespire, Etc.)

3.) Utilities - Active Kill Disk or Low Level Wiping Utility, Defragger, Etc.

4.) Option Screen to boot into the above.

Am I totally dreaming or what?

This would be the greatest ever!

Thanks!

-RDog :thumbsup:

#2 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 28 March 2008 - 01:43 PM

Hi rdog!

Welcome to our community!

It's a good idea and I don't think anyone is working on anything similar for the Vista platform so you are welcome to start this page and start collecting as many features as possible and then start your own customized distribution.

The VistaPE project is already very full featured as it is and also handles multiboot well enough.

There is also an already available a huge repository of app scripts for most freeware tools available out there.

So, I would recommend getting your hands to work start learning how to write these app scripts to add any other features the way you like and maybe this dream can indeed become possible.

We would gladly provide hosting/bandwidth and help you to learn as things move forward.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

#3 rdog

rdog
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 March 2008 - 11:43 PM

Thanks, would you know of something similar on the XP/2003 platform?

I tried to use the Winbuilder and downloaded everything for v11, had some errors on some of the scripts I downloaded and could get the DVD version to boot with the Grub loader, could not boot VistaPE (Black Screen with just curser). Then made the USB version and grub did not work and Vista would go to the same black screen?

Thanks!

RDog

Hi rdog!

Welcome to our community!

It's a good idea and I don't think anyone is working on anything similar for the Vista platform so you are welcome to start this page and start collecting as many features as possible and then start your own customized distribution.

The VistaPE project is already very full featured as it is and also handles multiboot well enough.

There is also an already available a huge repository of app scripts for most freeware tools available out there.

So, I would recommend getting your hands to work start learning how to write these app scripts to add any other features the way you like and maybe this dream can indeed become possible.

We would gladly provide hosting/bandwidth and help you to learn as things move forward.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

#4 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 29 March 2008 - 12:00 AM

Thanks, would you know of something similar on the XP/2003 platform?

Coincidence or not, I'm working on something similar to this concept on XP.

It's called uxp, read all about it here:
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=3651
http://www.msfn.org/...xp-t113249.html

The first version contains a LiveXP project filled with all app scripts I could grab and also bundled a XP install CD packed with drivers and other goodies.

The second version is featuring linux OS's such as Parted Magic and WPI (method to post-install programs when windows is being installed)

The good news is that you're invited to join our little dev team for this project if you wish! :thumbsup:

----------------

I tried to use the Winbuilder and downloaded everything for v11, had some errors on some of the scripts I downloaded and could get the DVD version to boot with the Grub loader, could not boot VistaPE (Black Screen with just curser). Then made the USB version and grub did not work and Vista would go to the same black screen?

Look on the VistaPE section - lots of good info and similar feedback reports along with some solutions for you to try.

:tabletalk:

#5 Arvy

Arvy

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 430 posts
  • Interests:IT, Outdoors, Horses
  •  
    Canada

Posted 29 March 2008 - 12:48 AM

I'm a noob to winbuilder and creating scripts. But I was wondering if someone could add the following to the VistaPE, Utilities and linux distros (Winbuild). I'm looking for the ultimate 4GB USB bootable multiple distro toolkit!
[...]
Am I totally dreaming or what?

If you are, you're not alone. Although I understand the "minimalist" tendencies that sometimes seem to prevail here, they drive me just slightly bananas at times. I, too, would very much like to see something like the "compleat" preinstallation environment and ultimate rescue disc/flash drive package. The era when such things had to fit on floppy discs, or even CDs, is long behind us, I think.

Coincidence or not, I'm working on something similar to this concept on XP.

You've got my interest. It looks very promising. XP/2003 will do just fine as far as I'm concerned. Vista/2008 (PE or otherwise) is no doubt a worthwhile endeavour just to keep pace with Mickeysoft, but my own brief fascination has largely faded, for the time being at least. For a while, I even considered doing some kind of "Ultimate VistaPE" package myself, but decided it just wasn't worth the effort. Besides, I figured NightMan would probably get there eventually and I didn't want to risk his ire for "invading" his turf. :thumbsup:

#6 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 29 March 2008 - 05:54 AM

I use uxp extensively at my work as the same DVD can be used to reinstall Windows back into a machine without need to fetch drivers and already containing the latest updates/favourite programs.

Whenever some administration task is required, the liveCD portion can help.

Parted Magic eases partition resizing.

-----------------------

For Vista, I think that this task is somewhat easier as it fairly easier to combine an Install DVD with the PE liveCD because they are mixed right from the beginning.

Would be nice to see something alike ubuntu for this platform.

:thumbsup:

#7 Arvy

Arvy

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 430 posts
  • Interests:IT, Outdoors, Horses
  •  
    Canada

Posted 29 March 2008 - 08:36 PM

Been playing with it and like it very much. Even 'tho I've only begun to experiment with the possibilities, I suspect you may have just "coasterized" (is there such a word) all my other Rescue-Disc-In-My-Pocket creations. Now, if you can just make it brew the coffee while it magically repairs all those "Oh my gawd, what have I done" messes ... :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users