VistaPE v.12 beta

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#26 online

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 767 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:37 PM

penetcfg not request framedynos.dll... problem with wpeinit.exe... try disable "Common components (WSH/MDAC/HTA/WMI/XML)" script

Yes. Really it should be enough to disable "MDAC" component only... :)

#27 yahoouk

yahoouk

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 518 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 04:13 PM

Yes. Really it should be enough to disable "MDAC" component only... :)

Is it really?

I used only basic scripts, disabled all others including Common component script. See my log.htm, pls.
2008_02_19_Basic.jpg
Attached File  log.html   734.65KB   728 downloads

anyway thanks.

yahooUK

#28 Max_Real Qnx

Max_Real Qnx

Gold Member

• Patrician
  • 1382 posts
  • Interests:To be or not to be that is the question.
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:49 PM

Hi my friends :)

There aren't these scripts......

Infra Recorder 0.44
XnView 1.92.1 Full
Opera 9.25 Internet Browser

Extra File: 4.2.(5)

Directory of C:\Users\QnxMaxQnx\Desktop\VistaPE 12\Projects\VistaPE-Core\OtherOS\DSL

19.02.2008 22:11 <DIR> .
19.02.2008 22:11 <DIR> ..
19.02.2008 21:17 50.919.424 dsl-4.2.5.iso

Attached File  File_List.txt   14.3KB   693 downloads

I uploaded VistaPE 12 Beta Project on RapidShare 77 MB :(

http://rapidshare.co...2/VistaPE_12.7z

#29 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:55 PM

Good work and thanks for uploading, I'll also send this into the winbuilder page under the beta section to provide direct download and help other people interested in helping with the testing process.

:)

#30 NightMan

NightMan

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 433 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 08:58 AM

1. Site speed improved, please test it :)
2. many scripts updated
3. http://vistape.net/f...12-20080218.rar - all v.12 beta scripts in one file :(

:cheers:

#31 NightMan

NightMan

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 433 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 09:03 AM

I used only basic scripts, disabled all others including Common component script. See my log.htm, pls.

now you not have network driver.... :(

I will work to solve these issues with the x64 versions to avoid confusion on new users when things don't work out of the box.
Why is the WAIK necessary?

now we have 2 tools for working with WIM files, imagex.exe from WAIK, it working with any version of Windows, but it can not be distributed without WAIK, and second tool is WinUtil by Nikzzzz, but it's working only with windows x86 :)

#32 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:26 PM

Awesome - liberty from MS image restrictions at last.

What is needed to make this new tool work with x64? :)

#33 Max_Real Qnx

Max_Real Qnx

Gold Member

• Patrician
  • 1382 posts
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:16 PM

Hi my friends :)

There aren't these scripts......

Infra Recorder 0.44
XnView 1.92.1 Full
Opera 9.25 Internet Browser

Extra File: 4.2.(5)

Directory of C:\Users\QnxMaxQnx\Desktop\VistaPE 12\Projects\VistaPE-Core\OtherOS\DSL

19.02.2008 22:11 <DIR> .
19.02.2008 22:11 <DIR> ..
19.02.2008 21:17 50.919.424 dsl-4.2.5.iso

Attached File  File_List.txt   14.3KB   693 downloads

I uploaded VistaPE 12 Beta Project on RapidShare 77 MB :(

http://rapidshare.co...2/VistaPE_12.7z

Fix: corrupt file 07-config.script

http://rapidshare.co...7-config.script

VMware Tools 7.2.8 Build-59824 Addon v012 of VMware Workstation 6.0.2 build-59824 for VistaPE 12

http://rapidshare.co...VMware_Tools.7z

or

http://maxrealqnx.boot-land.net

Wvm12b.jpg

#34 online

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 767 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 05:18 PM

Is it really?

It's very strange, but go in order... now you are showing two different errors and two different error-windows: my first reply is related to NightMan's reply about your first error that was not "Piece of missing files = framedynos.dll for penetcfg"-related but "Common.script"-related and about "Common.script" I confirm that to disable MDAC should be enough in order to error disappearing, then if you disable the whole script ("Common.script") that first error surely disappears...

Then you are shown another error-window that I would think related to NIC detection and/or missed drivers, but the second error seems from your log to be "File sharing" script related ("share.script")... now I do not use it ("share.script"), but if I look into it ("03.01.2008" version) I see neither "framedynos.dll" nor "wbemcomn.dll" file copying request... :)

#35 yahoouk

yahoouk

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 518 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 05:44 PM

It's very strange, ......copying request... :)

Thanks really for your kind reply and NightMan too.

I'll try it on coming weekends.

Regards.

yahooUK

#36 yahoouk

yahoouk

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 518 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 12:45 AM

Hi,

I've got working penetcfg in real mode :) , but in vm.
Although i get the file missing error, network connection error, after hardware detecting, I can get Internet Access.
I use WB74, 2K8 source, IE 7, Windows explorer shell.
Here is some of screen shots.
1. 2008_02_23_2k8.png
2. 2008_02_24_2k8net.jpg
One thing which is very annoying is Hardware Detecting after boot :( . It takes 8 to 10 minutes in my 2 PCs.

With Vista source, there is no missing file error.
In both sources, Drive Image XML does not work.
File sharing is smooth in both.

Regards,

yahooUK

#37 risolutore

risolutore

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 311 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 24 February 2008 - 01:10 PM

Please consider peaple that have to access novell's share. Can you Integrate a Novell Client Plugin, in network section? I looked at latesta UBCD 4 Win, that was possible, maybe also in WinPe 2.0. the networl staert have to be choose be the user in orfer to switch fron different configurations. So you can have no network service at all, or novell clinet, or Vista Share eneblaed or not.

Also consider that if you want stay with the small size party, you can integrate XAMPP as apache php mysql web server. The é.7z ile it's only 29 mb and it work out of the boz.

#38 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 04:24 AM

Also consider that if you want stay with the small size party, you can integrate XAMPP as apache php mysql web server. The é.7z ile it's only 29 mb and it work out of the boz.

risolutore, you can write a VistaPE Script for XAMPP?

Easy! Because, when using the zipped downloads (NOT installer download):

... XAMPP makes no entries in the windows registry and no settings for the system variables.

Download and extract. .zip Archive (78MB) extracts to 191MB! Not so small... Self Extracting .7z Archive must extract to same size??

Winbuilder Script must copy Extracted Folder '...\xampp\' so that it is captured to 'boot.wim' in root of image. When 'boot.wim' loads, the folder must be at 'x:\xampp\'. That is all! Maybe add a shortcut to 'x:\xampp\xampp-control.exe'.

Can VistaPE do that with the following??

Dircopy,&#34;%ScriptDir%\xampp&#34;,&#34;%TargetDir%&#34;

...where Extracted 'xampp\' is in same folder as the Script (i. e. in '%ScriptDir%').

... Or, does VistaPE only capture 'Windows\', 'Program Files\', and maybe some other special folders to root of 'boot.wim' image??

See:

Metodo B: "Installazione" senza l'installer, and
»Voglio avviare XAMPP senza setup!«

Screenshot of XAMPP in 'Windows PE 2.0' built with Winbuilder, including emergeDesktop Shell, and WMI, MSXML, MDAC, HTA and Scripting Packages installed:

Good Luck :)

#39 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 25 February 2008 - 09:30 AM

xampp is an excellent software package, I use it all the time because of the portability as well.

#40 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 09:56 AM

xampp is an excellent software package, I use it all the time because of the portability as well.

It sure looks good! Last time I tried something like it, there was only 'LAMP'. and MS's WebServer (? whatever called) was marginally easier to implement. Both difficult though.

With VistaPE, there is a slight obstacle....

Can VistaPE do that with the following??

Dircopy,&#34;%ScriptDir%\xampp&#34;,&#34;%TargetDir%&#34;

No. ... :( ... I have had a look at v.12 beta's '00-postconfig.script', and only 'Windows' and 'Program Files' folders are copied to root of 'boot.wim' image.

&#91;PackBoot&#93;

...If,ExistDir,&#34;%targetdir%\Program#$sFiles&#34;,DirMove,&#34;%targetdir%\Program#$sFiles&#34;,%BootTMP%

DirMove,&#34;%targetdir%\Windows&#34;,%BootTMP%

So, would need to add:

DirMove,&#34;%targetdir%\xampp&#34;,%BootTMP%

...or copy directory after VistaPE has booted. :cheers:

#41 risolutore

risolutore

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 311 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 25 February 2008 - 12:57 PM

IO would like to sue XAMPP_1.6.6a as a recovery in case the webserver is down. I will Place all site on cd), that's an idea, but I am very happy to see other on this board working with XAMPP_1.6.6a

So is there any script plugin? it requires writebale spae in order to make the configuration, or do you configure in Windows and then use the sdame congig under Pe?. I am interested in having it full working, and maybe it can be shrinked using upx for all files and dlls...

#42 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 02:35 PM

So is there any script plugin?

risolutore,

Untested....

[main]
Title=xampp alpha script
Description=xampp alpha script
Selected=True
Level=5
Version=1

[variables]

[process]
DirMake,"%TargetDir%\boot.tmp"
DirCopy,"%ScriptDir%\xampp","%TargetDir%\boot.tmp"

Save as 'xampp.script' in '...VistaPE\App\Network\'

Extract xampp folder from downloaded .zip or .7z Archive to same folder as above. Remember, NO double 'xampp\xampp\...'

In VistaPE > Main Configuration, select Buildmodel > 'Multiboot' OR 'Standard in RAM (boot.wim)'.

When VistaPE Boots, go to 'x:\xampp\'. Do not select 'setup_xampp.bat'; select 'xampp_control.exe'.

Please add to the 'xampp.script', a line to make a shortcut to '%SystemDrive%\xampp\xampp_control.exe'.

Good Luck :)

#43 risolutore

risolutore

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 311 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 25 February 2008 - 06:21 PM

thanks allanf, I will try. So you prefer to have iXAMPP inside boot.WIM in order to make it write on failesystem?. I would like to make the boo.wim the smallest as possible, since I would LIke VistaPE to be

#44 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 02:20 AM

thanks allanf, I will try. So you prefer to have iXAMPP inside boot.WIM in order to make it write on failesystem?. I would like to make the boo.wim the smallest as possible, since I would LIke VistaPE to be

I am following instructions from apachefriends; nothing more. This is the extent of my kowledge. There is also a Lite Version of xampp, and some Launchers like AMPstart and PortableApps, which I haven't tried.

If you are able to get xampp working or require help with it, please post to different thread. This way experts may better find the topic.

It looks like a very good package, so, as always, Good Luck! :)

#45 risolutore

risolutore

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 311 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:33 PM

I am not interested in light version, If I would a simple http file sharing I will stay with HFS that is powerful, free, and quite secure. When I use Http File Server, I create my virtual container with my site files , so , in case someone exploited it, or the server is down...I will get up from all over the world!!

#46 antonio9

antonio9

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 10:25 PM

VistaPE v.12 beta available for public testing, now only limited functions, but Windows Vista SP1, Windows 2008 and new WAIK 1.1 is fully supported... more details will be soon :)

http://vistape.net/beta/

Hi,
I am attempting to build a PE disk with VistaPe core v12 (beta)
Source Directory = c:\program files\windows AIK (new AIK)
%Basedir% = c:\winbuilder

The build stops at:
“processing section: [extracts system32] From file:[%BaseDir %\projects\VistaPE-Core\Base\07-config.script]”
(Within the Basic Configuration and Tools section)
! Error extracting system files! Please send full log file to vistape@vistape.net
So I did.
Is this a general problem with the beta, or is it just happening to me? I wouldn’t be surprised because of my lousy luck with this project.
I'm attaching the log file. Could I get some help?
Regards

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.7z   22.42KB   366 downloads

#47 Max_Real Qnx

Max_Real Qnx

Gold Member

• Patrician
  • 1382 posts
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 03 March 2008 - 10:09 PM

Hi :(

- it was fixed Loss drivers : Intel Pro Network Adapter on Vmware

VMware Tools 7.2.8 Build-59824 Addon v012 of VMware Workstation 6.0.2 build-59824 for VistaPE 12

Add codes:

DirMake,"%TargetDir%\Windows\system32\drivers"
DirMake,"%TargetDir%\Windows\system32\DriverStore"
#
FileCopy,"%BootSRC%\Windows\inf\*.*","%TargetDir%\Windows\inf"
FileCopy,"%BootSRC%\Windows\System32\drivers\*.*","%TargetDir%\Windows\System32\drivers"
FileCopy,"%BootSRC%\Windows\System32\DriverStore\*.*","%TargetDir%\Windows\System32\DriverStore"
#
#RequireSysFile,"E1G60I32.sys"
FileCopy,"%InstallSRC%\Windows\System32\drivers\E1G60I32.sys","%TargetDir%\Windows\System32\drivers"

Download File 03.03.2008

Good luck my friends :)

#48 rehtorix

rehtorix

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
    Finland

Posted 06 March 2008 - 09:57 AM

Tested with Vista SP1: USB finally working the way it should (no need to connect USB disks while booting), also network is working.

Don't know if these were fixed, or did they just start working because I changed build source to SP1. Didn't have success a while back with earlier version of Vista as build source..

-Only downside so far: the new hardware detection routine takes way too long, any cure for this?

#49 rehtorix

rehtorix

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
    Finland

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:05 PM

Just noticed that slow hardware detection is because of "ExtPnP" setting. Otherwise detection speed is similar to v11..

However ExtPnP-setting does make the USB devices work better:

-no need to connect USB disk during boot
-can recognize again if removed temporarily

Downside is that it takes ages for the initial hardware detection to complete if ExtPnP part of the script is run.

Without ExtPnP USB disks work pretty much like in v11, with the exception that they are not recognized again if you remove them after boot..

#50 Sing Chung

Sing Chung
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Singapore

Posted 07 March 2008 - 05:15 AM

This is what I got using Vista with sp1 DVD as source and when testing inside Virtual PC 2007:
1. pnputil.exe popup error. The preparing systems....detecting hardware.....runs endlessly.
2. device installer error.
3. wpeinit.exe not found?

Attached Thumbnails

• pnputil.JPG
  • DeviceInstaller.JPG
  • wpeinit.JPG

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users