#1 Bootstrap

Bootstrap
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 09 February 2008 - 04:04 PM

Hi,

I didn't find out a way to integrate a raid driver.
So I didn't see any harddrive in VistaPE.

I'm working with:
- WinPE 074
- VistaPE 11
- DriverIntegrator

I can start the DriverIntegrator.
In the logfile I've got the message:
---------------
Installed 0 Drivers

Installed 0 Drivers
Couldnot Install 1 Drivers
--------------

The driver is located in: projects\vistape\drivers\drivers\drivers.

After more than 5 hours to try to find a solution I need your help. :thumbsup:

Attached Files

#2 NightMan

NightMan

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 433 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 06:57 PM

This driver already included in "Drivers (SATA/SCSI/RAID)" script (drivers-sata.script) and you not need add other one... or my driver not working?

ps your driver must be placed to "Custom\VistaPE\Drivers\AHCIX86S" folder, if you really need it :thumbsup:

#3 Bootstrap

Bootstrap
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 12 February 2008 - 10:22 AM

This driver already included in "Drivers (SATA/SCSI/RAID)" script (drivers-sata.script) and you not need add other one... or my driver not working?

ps your driver must be placed to "Custom\VistaPE\Drivers\AHCIX86S" folder, if you really need it :thumbsup:

I tried it only with the drivers-sata.script and I couldn't see any hdd (raid 0).
So I'm afraid your driver don't work with my hardware konfiguration. Sorry :D Maybe you have another idea or a fix?

I'll try your proposal with the custom folder too.

#4 NightMan

NightMan

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 433 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 10:34 AM

I plan make new script with drivers for VistaPE v12, but now it's not finished yet...

#5 Bootstrap

Bootstrap
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 13 February 2008 - 09:34 PM

OK, I put the AHCIX86S.SYS in the folder "Custom\VistaPE\Drivers\AHCIX86S".

In the start script after booting vista pe I can see "detecting driver ahcix86s".
I'm very happy, but not for a long time, because the same problem exits. No hdd :D

I think, I choose the right driver. In the undetected devices log was listed the raid device.
I don't have no idea.

#6 Arvy

Arvy

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 430 posts
  • Interests:IT, Outdoors, Horses
  •  
    Canada

Posted 13 February 2008 - 10:13 PM

I may be wrong, but I think the complete installation set for this RAID driver includes the following files: ahcix86s.cat, ahcix86s.inf, ahcix86s.msi, ahcix86s.sys. At minimum, proper driver installation would require the .INF file as well as the .SYS file and, if the .MSI file handles any part of the initialization, you'd probably need to script that yourself.

But NightMan will be able to speak more authoritatively than I can on what the VistaPE API can automatically handle for you. Whenever I reach this point, I usually just give up and write my own driver installer script from scratch -- or try to. :thumbsup:

#7 NightMan

NightMan

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 433 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:11 AM

hm .. vpeldr copy .inf file to windows\inf, sys file to drivers folder and ALL others to system32 folder, and make some changes in inf file... if driver compatibility with Windows Vista all must work, try install it manually from MMC...

#8 MudCrab

MudCrab

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 18 February 2008 - 05:53 PM

I had this same problem trying to add the Silicon Image 3132 driver (ver 1.0.22.0) to my VistaPE build. Putting the files in the "Drivers" folder (C:\WinBuilder\Projects\VistaPE\Custom\Drivers) didn't work nor did putting them in the "Drivers" folder on the drive. I never saw them try to load in vpeldr.exe.

The driver is in the SATA script (as far as I could tell), but it's an older version or something because it doesn't load.

I tried the DriverIntegrator script and got the same error ("Couldnot Install 1 Drivers"). It happened when I ran the script by itself (just clicking the script's Play button). When I ran the entire build, the driver was included successfully and worked properly when VistaPE booted.

My WinBuilder directory is: C:\WinBuilder

I installed DriverIntegrator to: C:\WinBuilder\Projects\VistaPE\DriverIntegrator

Then I placed my driver files into: C:\WinBuilder\Projects\VistaPE\DriverIntegrator\Drivers\drivers\rc_214

When built, the log shows this:
Installing INF package _linenums:0'>[font="Arial Narrow"]Installing INF package: C:\WinBuilder\Projects\VistaPE\DriverIntegrator\Drivers\drivers\rc_214\si3132.infPEIMG completed the operation successfully.Installing INF package: C:\WinBuilder\Projects\VistaPE\DriverIntegrator\Drivers\drivers\rc_214\si3132.infPEIMG completed the operation successfully.Installed 1 DriversInstalling INF package: C:\WinBuilder\Projects\VistaPE\DriverIntegrator\Drivers\drivers\rc_214\si3132.infPEIMG completed the operation successfully.Installing INF package: C:\WinBuilder\Projects\VistaPE\DriverIntegrator\Drivers\drivers\rc_214\si3132.infPEIMG completed the operation successfully.Installed 1 DriversCouldnot Install 0 Drivers
I used WinBuilder074/VistaPE11 (downloaded several days ago) on XP Pro SP2 with the WAIK. I haven't yet tried it using a Vista DVD as the source.

#9 nhraj700

nhraj700
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:11 PM

I am having same issue with the 3132R5 drivers from Silicon Image. I did everything I could think of, VistaPE\Custom folder did not work. DriveIntegrator did not work. Putting drivers in about 10 other folders did not work.

I can manually load them when in the VistaPE interface. They are present in the BOOT x area, but I have to manually load them. See Drivers not Present in VistaPE thread. I do this to get it to work. Look for unknown Raid Controller. Find list of drivers presented through VistaPE and load from Silicon Image 3132 SoftRaid5. Refresh Hardware. Look For Silicon IMage Drive C. Load drivers from Boot X\Windows. Then look for unknown device for volume. Again load drivers from Boot X\windows. Finds generic volume all is well. I wish VistaPE would just load it automatically.

My ultimate goal was to create VistaPE disk so I could access my Raid array to recover TIB files from Acronis True Image. I wanted to make sure this worked before I purchased scripts from Mustang. Once I figured out that I could manually load my drivers, then I obtained VistaPE script for Acronis TrueImage 11. Now atleast if drive failure occurs, I can reimage my pc. If NightMan needs my Silicon Image drivers or exact steps, I can furnish.

#10 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:21 AM

I am having same issue with the 3132R5 drivers from Silicon Image. I did everything I could think of, VistaPE\Custom folder did not work. DriveIntegrator did not work. Putting drivers in about 10 other folders did not work...

... Eagerly awaiting a final report from MudCrab. Initially, the log seems to portray a successful installation. Then ... "Couldnot Install 0 Drivers" ... a double negative! I hate double negatives! I wonder what ctv99's meaning is?

peimg requires the .inf and the .sys to be in the same folder - the extracted folder for the driver. It also requires msxml6.dll and msxml6r.dll - either copied to the folder containing peimg.exe for XP users, or as installed with WAIK or Vista.

peimg installs the drivers in the offline image (VistaPE's Target Directory), and the drivers/devices should be ready to go at boot-time.

nhraj700, by whatever means, your drivers are getting into the VistaPE Image and installing correctly after boot by using Device Manager. So they are compatible. It is a mystery why peimg is not installing them offline. I think you should persist with the peimg/DiverIntegrator approach. Do you have a log similar to MudCrab's?

Regards :)

#11 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:46 AM

If NightMan needs my Silicon Image drivers or exact steps, I can furnish.

Can you attach the driver's inf file here so we can have a look?

Regards,
Galapo.

#12 MudCrab

MudCrab

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:07 AM

... Eagerly awaiting a final report from MudCrab. Initially, the log seems to portray a successful installation. Then ... "Couldnot Install 0 Drivers" ... a double negative! I hate double negatives! I wonder what ctv99's meaning is?

I should be able to try the build with a Vista DVD source shortly. I'll post back with the results.

I did run a test using the WAIK with the LAN and SATA driver packs both checked and unchecked and my driver seems to be getting installed correctly both ways since I can access my drive. I also get the same speed (3.15GB/min.) in VistaPE as in Vista so it seems to be working correctly.

I'm guessing the "Couldnot Install 0 Drivers" is just a summary count at the end of the log. When it errored before, it was 1. Now it's 0. To me, that mean that 0 drivers couldn't be installed. In other words, all drivers were installed.

#13 MudCrab

MudCrab

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:48 AM

I just did the rebuild on my Vista Ultimate 32bit system using Vista Ultimate 32bit as the source and it worked fine. The eSATA drive also gets detected properly if it's turned on after VistaPE is already booted.

Now I just need to get it put into my regular VistaPE build. This one is very minimal.

#14 nhraj700

nhraj700
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:49 AM

Allenf

This is what is in the log.txt file.

Use /? to display usage information.

Installed 0 Drivers

Installed 0 Drivers
Couldnot Install 2 Drivers

I am using a Vista DVD as the source. "Home Premium". I created a folder called OtherDrivers as shown below with the drive integrator under it. It is configured as silent and the path below.

The path I put the drivers is in C:\Program Files\WinBuilder\Projects\VistaPE\OtherDrivers\Drivers\Drivers

The files are si3132r5.cat, si3132r5.inf, si3132r5.sys, SilSupp.cpl, sippd.inf, SiRemFil.sys, SiWinAcc.sys, txtsetup.oem.

So close. Maybe V12 will fix all of this????

Galapo,

Two INF's attached in zip.

Attached Files

#15 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:00 AM

... Now it's 0. To me, that mean that 0 drivers couldn't be installed. In other words, all drivers were installed.

Yes. That's what I think. But you never know. "I didn't do nothing!" - means "I did everything!"? ... No! There are better examples, but can't come up with one at the moment. And some cultures treat negatives differently to others... I remember being terribly confused and embarrassed in Japan.

#16 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:15 AM

So close. Maybe V12 will fix all of this????

Yes. Very close. But, from my understanding VistaPE, there are two techniques: offline installation using peimg/driverIntegrator, and an online installation which involves a bulky Drivers Pack and probably a Hardware Plug and Play technique after VistaPE is booted. Nightman may get your drivers into the Drivers Pack, in which case, v.12 may provide a solution.

In the mean time, there seems to be a small problem with peimg/driverIntegrator that I can't see. I believe that it should work regardless of the Vista Source.

#17 nhraj700

nhraj700
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:22 AM

Yes. Very close. But, from my understanding VistaPE, there are two techniques: offline installation using peimg/driverIntegrator, and an online installation which involves a bulky Drivers Pack and probably a Hardware Plug and Play technique after VistaPE is booted. Nightman may get your drivers into the Drivers Pack, in which case, v.12 may provide a solution.

In the mean time, there seems to be a small problem with peimg/driverIntegrator that I can't see. I believe that it should work regardless of the Vista Source.

Since I am way new at this, I want to rule out anything stupid I may be doing. If the Drive Integrator shows up in the project and I point the driver path to the area I have shown in the previous reply with the drivers included in that folder, I should be very simple right? Is the log reflecting that it is reading the two inf files and failing?

#18 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:22 AM

The fact that the log reads "Couldnot Install 2 Drivers" means that an error of some kind occured. Whether you need to run the whole project like MudCrab had to is a possibility. Also, watch that other drivers are not also generating a 'Si3132r5' service after your supplied driver is processed.

Regards,
Galapo.

#19 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:24 AM

Is the log reflecting that it is reading the two inf files and failing?

Yes. Although I've found sometimes that peimg generates that error even when successful. I run peimg twice now to be sure!

Regards,
Galapo.

#20 nhraj700

nhraj700
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:25 AM

Also, watch that other drivers are not also generating a 'Si3132r5' service after your supplied driver is processed.

How do I do this? Sorry!

#21 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:35 AM

I just did the rebuild on my Vista Ultimate 32bit system using Vista Ultimate 32bit as the source and it worked fine. The eSATA drive also gets detected properly if it's turned on after VistaPE is already booted.

Now I just need to get it put into my regular VistaPE build. This one is very minimal.

Thanks for the Report. I think that it is working as best it can, and should also work in bigger build.

:)

#22 MudCrab

MudCrab

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:36 AM

I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but I cleared the Driver Path in the DriverIntegrator script so it was blank. From looking at the script, it looks like this forces it to read from the script's driver path, which is where I had the driver.

#23 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:40 AM

You will need to either: 1) disable all scripts which add mass storage drivers; or 2) manually edit any mass storage scripts having such drivers to not include them. Not using VistaPE myself, I am unable to say if either of these apply or not. I'm just running on personal experience with peimg and mass storage drivers.

Regards,
Galapo.

#24 nhraj700

nhraj700
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 20 February 2008 - 02:20 AM

I pretty much gave up on the whole drive integrator, peimage and adddriver.exe scenario. I built another VistaPE disk with the Drive Integrator unchecked and removed and found that the drivers I need for my RAID controller and that I have been manually loading once in the VistaPE interface are still there. So the question is, since I am using only the SATA/SCSI/RAID drivers available, why is it not loading automatically? Is there something else I might be missing?

#25 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:25 AM

I pretty much gave up on the whole drive integrator, peimage and adddriver.exe...

Well! I'm not going to let you give up! :(

You know what I think it is? That friggin' space between 'C:\Program' and 'Files\Winbuilder\...' Who at MS ever allowed this happen? It's like a plague of bugs was unleashed!

I downloaded the SATARAID5 drivers from here, and extracted them to my very spacey desktop. peimg threw up the '/? check usage' error. Then I moved them to my spaceless 'c:\winbuilder\projects\...' and peimg installed them successfully.

Even if this does not provide the solution, it is always better to have Winbuilder folder directly on 'c:\'. I think that it is safe to simply copy and paste the whole folder from where you presently have it. But go through and reset the paths to the drivers in 'Driver Integrator'.

Regards :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users