#1 pbeagle

pbeagle
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 03 March 2016 - 05:29 AM

Hello :)

I confess - I know nothing about Unetbootin, boot disks or anything that falls under networks, admin etc. I am getting help on bleepingcomputer from some very wonderful people - very kind and patient.

I was using kaspersky tssdkiller to scan my pc laptop, went to bed and woke up to find no bootable disk

We were going to use HIRENS on a DVD but in the BOOT menu there isn't a legacy option

so the very patient person helping suggested I try a different ISO file and Unetbootin. 

I have to do all the set up on an iMac, but it is to retrieve the files on a win 8 acer laptop. The files are very important to me and while the laptop is under warranty, acer will just wipe or replace the drive without getting the files back. 

I downloaded Unetbootin for mac. 

I opened it, and chose disk image, not distribution

it took me a bit but I got it to navigate to the iso file

I have usb selected

But here is the problem... it won't allow me to select the target drive. It is set to /dev/disk1s1

Can anyone assist me in this? We are going to run fatdog if this drive can be set up properly.

I just need help with the selection of the correct target drive. The drop down doesn't offer any options beyond the one i listed

thank you for any help you can offer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users