Photo
- - - - -

AIO Boot - Create a bootable USB drive or HDD with Grub2, Clover and Syslinux

aio boot grub4dos grub2 syslinux clover boot usb bootable usb boot boot loaders boot usb udisk

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#51 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  • Interests:Boot and Install from USB
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 27 October 2018 - 08:46 AM

For booting from USB with Windows bootmgr in BIOS mode it is essential that the Boot drive has been set active.

When the Boot drive is not active than you can perfectly boot in UEFI mode, but not in BIOS mode.

You can use DiskPart to set your boot drive active.

In admin cmd window run DiskPart

In DiskPart give commands:

list volume
select volume <your FAT32 boot volume id>
active

Also in Windows Disk Management you can see if your USB Boot drive is active

To support booting from USB with Windows bootmgr in BIOS mode and UEFI mode:

- Your Boot drive should be less than 32 GB and have FAT32 format and must be set active.

- The USB disk must have MBR partitioning and not GPT.

- MediaCreationTool183.exe can be used to make USB drive booting in BIOS mode and in UEFI mode (x86 and x64) for Install of Windows 10

- Add WIM file for booting from RAMDISK  and Add VHDX file to support booting with full Windows 10 as FILEDISK

:cheers:

#52 devdevadev

devdevadev

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 540 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 27 October 2018 - 10:56 AM

Ok, I have deleted all the partitions after backing up my AIO drive, repartitioned it in UEFI system. This time I have created first partition of10mb but did not install GRUB2, created second partition of 30 GB (FAT32) and then copied all the files of AIO to this 30GB partition and then ran AIOCreator.exe, went to tools and installed GRUB2 and then tried to boot it in BIOS system, same GRUB text with flashing cursor. But when I tried the same disk on UEFI, it booted into the Clover as earlier I did set Clover as default bootloader in UEFI mode from settings.

I have just tested above method in my 32 GB GPT Partitioned FAT32 Removable USB Drive. And it show following Grub 2 menu screen for  40-60 secs in real booting mode. 

post-65263-0-67291500-1540637315.png

After completing loading of 'boo.wim' winpe in RAM, it stating Windows  10 Installer as usual.

So it work just fine after 40-60 sec in case of GPT FAT32 Removable USB Drive.....Can anybody do the same thing for GPT HDD of size less than 2TB to see if 4TB size if cause of problem ?

Are you also getting same screen as shown in above screenshot ? How long you wait when you see above cursor blinking screen ?

Attached Thumbnails

• GPT.png

• nice_guy75 likes this

#53 nice_guy75

nice_guy75

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 27 October 2018 - 11:22 AM

Try on his page: https://www.aioboot.com/en/

I have tried this tutorial but not working, even after converting my disk to mbr still it is not booting on BIOS system. I can only see "GRUB" with a flashing cursor, no key is working, I can not even type any command over there. Same thing with mbr and gpt disk on BIOS system. Though on UEFI system it is working fine but not on BIOS system.

#54 nice_guy75

nice_guy75

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 27 October 2018 - 11:56 AM

I have just tested above method in my 32 GB GPT Partitioned FAT32 Removable USB Drive. And it show following Grub 2 menu screen for  40-60 secs in real booting mode. 

post-65263-0-67291500-1540637315.png

After completing loading of 'boo.wim' winpe in RAM, it stating Windows  10 Installer as usual.

So it work just fine after 40-60 sec in case of GPT FAT32 Removable USB Drive.....Can anybody do the same thing for GPT HDD of size less than 2TB to see if 4TB size if cause of problem ?

Are you also getting same screen as shown in above screenshot ? How long you wait when you see above cursor blinking screen ?

Nope, I am getting black screen with the text "GRUB _" and the cursor is flashing. There was no background like yours. I had even tried the GTP to mbr still not booting on BIOS system. I created only 3 partition on my 4TB disk, first one is 10mb boot partition, then 30gb FAT32 GB partition and the last one is 20GB NTFS partition to install "windows on the go" once I managed to boot into my AIO on BIOS system.

Booting into flash drive is not a problem, earlier also I managed to create a "Windows on the Go" on 32GB Flash drive but on 3TB mbr disk the same method was not working.

#55 devdevadev

devdevadev

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 540 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 29 October 2018 - 01:00 PM

but on 3TB mbr disk the same method was not working.

Is your hard disk 512 or 4096 bytes per sector?

#56 nice_guy75

nice_guy75

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 30 October 2018 - 05:41 AM

Is your hard disk 512 or 4096 bytes per sector?

It is showing 512 in system information. I believe BIOS system systems are old so they should support 512 sector size.

Secondly, AIO files require a FAT32 partition and when I format that partition in FAT32 filesystem it is not giving option of 4096 sector size.

Can I change the sector size from 512 to 4096, if yes please let me know how?

#57 devdevadev

devdevadev

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 540 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 30 October 2018 - 02:34 PM

Why not try Bootice for GPT Partitioning ? 

#58 nice_guy75

nice_guy75

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 30 October 2018 - 03:55 PM

Why not try Bootice for GPT Partitioning ? Why not you read personal message in forum ?

Does it matter how do you partition your disk?

I would search and try to partition my drive using Bootice. Please check your inbox and sorry for not replying to you earlier.

#59 devdevadev

devdevadev

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 540 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 30 October 2018 - 05:03 PM

Does it matter how do you partition your disk?

May be...I think MBT  2.3 can help you....

#60 nice_guy75

nice_guy75

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 30 October 2018 - 05:05 PM

Tried with Bootice as well but did not work.

#61 slothman

slothman

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 October 2018 - 06:35 PM

Well I just tried to change the bootloader on my aio partitioned with gpt to syslinux.

After putting in a basic syslinux.cfg that boots to grub4dos, it shows me the aio menu in legacy mode.

Also, on the plus side, it lets me choose between UEFI and legacy in the boot menu.

For some reason, when I have it selected to grub2 legacy as the bootloader, it only shows the legacy option.

I think that's probably because the protective mbr gets too protective lol.

I used parted magic to install syslinux.

Follow this guide here to install it:

http://www.lightofda...cgi/BIOSBootGPT

Then copy grldr from grub4dos to the root of the drive.

Create a text file called syslinux.cfg in the same directory as ldlinux.sys with the following in it:

default grub4dos

LABEL grub4dos
MENU LABEL Grub4dos
BOOT /grldr

It doesn't seem to work *quite* right.

I'm probably missing some minor stuff to make it work like it should.

But at least now you have 2 different options for a legacy bootloader.

I think grub2 has a bug with your particular bios.

That happened to me once with grub4dos a long time ago.

Had to debug to get it work, can't even remember how I debugged it or if I got it to work finally.

Hopefully syslinux will work for you.

I can't recall any of my systems having a problem with syslinux.

I just never liked it's menu structure or inflexibility with changing boot options at runtime.

Edited by slothman, 30 October 2018 - 07:11 PM.

#62 slothman

slothman

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 October 2018 - 08:53 PM

Well for some reason I can't fathom, I can't edit my post again.

I was thinking about copying grldr to the root just seems a bit messy to me.

So omit that part from my last post and use this syslinux.cfg instead:

default grub4dos

LABEL grub4dos
MENU LABEL Grub4dos
BOOT /AIO/Tools/grub4dos/grldr

• nice_guy75 likes this

#63 nice_guy75

nice_guy75

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 31 October 2018 - 05:48 AM

May be...I think MBT  2.3 can help you....

2.3 is not released yet, it is under development. I have tried v2.2 it doesn't support GPT disks. :-(

#64 nice_guy75

nice_guy75

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 31 October 2018 - 05:55 AM

Well for some reason I can't fathom, I can't edit my post again.

I was thinking about copying grldr to the root just seems a bit messy to me.

So omit that part from my last post and use this syslinux.cfg instead:

default grub4dos

LABEL grub4dos
MENU LABEL Grub4dos
BOOT /AIO/Tools/grub4dos/grldr

And where should I place this syslinux.cfg?

#65 slothman

slothman

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 31 October 2018 - 06:28 PM

And where should I place this syslinux.cfg?

Place it in the same directory as ldlinux.sys

Which actually should be installed to \AIO\Menu

Since there is a syslinux.cfg already there.

I tested it, it works fine.

You need to copy over vesamenu.c32 to \AIO\Menu

You can find it in one of its respective directories under \AIO\Tools\syslinux

Parted Magic apparently uses 4.06, which was close enough to 4.07 to work

#66 devdevadev

devdevadev

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 540 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:45 AM

Happy Diwali Dear...

Yesterday night I have MBR booted to AIOBOOT through Grub4dos as default bootloader instead of Grub2 Legacy in my 32 GB GPT USB Drive. I have successfully booted to Windows 10 build 1903 x86/x64 ISO. I have also successfully MBR booted to Windows 8.1 Installer by using Grub4dos + NTBOOT combination.

Does Grub2 Legacy work for you if you test it in USB/HDD of size less than 2TB ? I think if your MBR boot to Grub4dos as default bootloader in your 3TB GPT HDD and then switch to Grub2 menu then it should work ?

You have to test following steps to see if Grub4dos -> Grub2 chainloading works for > 2TB HDD ?

1- Format 3TB HDD as GPT and create 30GB FAT32 GPT Partition for AIOBOOT. Note down Disk Number of your 3TB HDD from Disk Management. I have used Rufus for creating FAT32 GPT partition in my 32GB USB Drive. Let me know what method you use for GPT Partitioning of 3TB HDD ?

post-65263-0-10186500-1541655681.png

2- Download attached GPTgrldr.zip (All thanks to Wonko for this great concept) and move to C: Drive and extract as C:\GPTgrldr folder using 7-zip.

Attached File  GPTgrldr.zip   476.59KB   502 downloads

3-Open C:\GPTgrldr folder and choose File -> Open Windows PowerShell as Administrator option and type

cmd

post-65263-0-43007400-1541655764.png

Press Enter and type following command and press Enter. Where 3 is Disk number of your 3TB AIOBOOT HDD.

mkhidGPT.cmd myimage.img 3

Type YES to confirm, press [ENTER]. Grub4dos bootloader have been successfully installed in your GPT HDD...

post-65263-0-01763100-1541655830.png

4- Download attached NTBOOT.zip and extract all files in the root of your 3TB GPT HDD as follows.

Attached File  NTBOOT.zip   565.87KB   468 downloads

post-65263-0-02609100-1541655879.png

5- Open AIO_Boot_Extractor.exe and choose your AIOBOOT FAT32 GPT Partition and press 'OK' button to extract all AIOBOOT files in the root of your AIOBOOT Partition of GPT HDD.

post-65263-0-70386900-1541655931.png

Note- Don't format your your GPT HDD here using AIOBOOT, Only extract AIOBOOT files using 'OK' button.

post-65263-0-05067700-1541656007.png

6- After extracting successfully it will Run AIOCreator.exe automatically, Click the Bootloaders button and install Clover.

post-65263-0-02299000-1541656067.png

7- Now copy following files from Windows 8.1 ISO to the root of AIOBOOT FAT32 GPT Partition.

/sources
/setup.exe

post-65263-0-79486200-1541657163.png

8- Now also add latest Windows 10 Build 1903 x86/x64 ISO using 
AIOCreator.exe in your AIOBOOT GPT Partition..

CASE-1

1Boot from 3TB GPT HDD in Legacy BIOS mode and choose AIOBOOT Grub4dos Menu option

2- Then select 'Load Grub 2' entry to open Grub2 Legacy menu and Select the WinPE & Setup menu to start the Windows installation. Perform the installation as usual.

CASE-2

Install Windows 10 on GPT partition Internal HDD using 3TB GPT USB-HDD in Legacy BIOS mode

You can also try to boot from your 3TB GPT HDD in Legacy BIOS mode and choose AIOBOOT Grub4dos Menu option and boot Clover from Grub4dos menu and choose to boot back to Grub2 (Grub2 will now be booted in UEFI mode). Select the WinPE & Setup menu to start the Windows installation. Perform the installation in GPT partitioned Internal HDD connected in BIOS/MBR based legacy system. The installer created the boot files during installation at this stage, waiting for the system to reboot. Boot into Clover but don’t select Grub2, select the Windows icon that the installer has created to continue the installation process.

CASE-3

Grub4dos + NTBOOT combiation to boot Windows 8.1 Installer from 3TB GPT HDD

If Grub2 legacy menu is still not working through Grub4dos chainloading in your 3TB GPT HDD then you can try following steps to boot Windows 8.1 Installer from your 3TB GPT USB-HDD using Grub4dos + NTBOOT combination.

Boot from your 3TB GPT HDD in Legacy BIOS mode and test both menu entries one by one-

1- NTBOOT TEST 1

2- NTBOOT TEST 2

Proceed till Disk Selection screen of Windows 8.1 Installer to see which entry allow your 3TB GPT to install Windows 8.1 in MBR/GPT Internal HDD of your system. You can test full Windows 8.1 Installation if have spare partition in Internal HDD.  

Let me know if Grub2 legacy menu work for 3TB GPT HDD by using Grub4dos as default bootloader ?

Also test both NTBOOT menu entries to see if any work from your 3TB GPT HDD ? 

Regards.....

Attached Thumbnails

• Rufus.png
  • CMD.png
  • MBR.png
  • NTBOOT.png
  • AIOCreater.png
  • AIOBOOT.png
  • CLOVER.png
  • WIN81.png

• nice_guy75 likes this

#67 nice_guy75

nice_guy75

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:42 AM

Happy Deepawali and Happy New year,

Thanks for your help, but....................

1. Do I have to create a single partition of my 4TB HDD? Or I can create a 30GB partition for AIO files in my 4TB GPT disk?

2. I don't want Windows 8 or 8.1 in my AIO so can I skip step number 7 of copying sources folder and setup.exe files in the that partition or it is essential?

3. Can I use my already created AIO, I have copied all the files of 30GB AIO partition when I was experimenting earlier? Though I would copy AIO and EFI folder and AIOcreator.exe, boot7 and partIMGmapper.exe files only.

4. I am unable to download NTBOOT.zip I am getting following message................. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Sorry, we couldn't find that!

[#10170]

We could not find the attachment you were attempting to view.

Need Help?

Edited by nice_guy75, 08 November 2018 - 09:54 AM.

#68 devdevadev

devdevadev

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 540 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:40 AM

1. Do I have to create a single partition of my 4TB HDD? Or I can create a 30GB partition for AIO files in my 4TB GPT disk?

Create a 30GB FAT32 partition for AIO files in your 4TB GPT disk. Also create NTFS partitions in remaining free space

2. I don't want Windows 8 or 8.1 in my AIO so can I skip step number 7 of copying sources folder and setup.exe files in the that partition or it is essential?

As per current testing it's looking that NTBOOT is full compatible upto Windows 8.1 'bootmgr'. Just copy those files we will check Windows 10 bootmgr to see if which version of Windows 10 will be supportable. I think initial Windows 10 Builds is supportable...?

3. Can I use my already created AIO, I have copied all the files of 30GB AIO partition when I was experimenting earlier? Though I would copy AIO and EFI folder and AIOcreator.exe, boot7 and partIMGmapper.exe files only.

You can do it...But it will be better to start from beginning to avoid and any conflict in MBR code...

4. I am unable to download NTBOOT.zip I am getting following message................. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

It is working for me. May be you was trying to download from previous link...I had updated it in between...Just refresh page and download... 

#69 nice_guy75

nice_guy75

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 08 November 2018 - 02:46 PM

Ok I went ahead, I can now boot into my GPT disk, I have selected AIO Boot GRUB4DOS menu then I have selected Load Grub2 but I stuck there only there I see following text:

Welcome to AIO BOOT!

Error: no such device: /AIO/Sitecuatui.com.html
Error: unknown filesystem.
Entering rescue mode...
Grub rescue>

I have even tried to select WinPE and Setup from GRUB4DOS but it gave me this error:

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:
1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next"
3. Click "Repair your computer."

If you don't have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.
and bla bla...........................

All in all, it is not going into WinPE and Setup from GRUB4DOS, I have to first load grub2 but it is not loading.

Now I have question don't we need to install grub2, as we didn't install grub2 we had only installed clover in step number 6.

I have created a fresh AIO as you instructed, and didn't use the other one which I already have. Secondly I have created this AIO on my UEFI system, is this the reason of not loading grub2 from GRUB4DOS or it has nothing to do with it?

Please help me further, I think I am inches away from success.

Edited by nice_guy75, 08 November 2018 - 02:48 PM.

#70 devdevadev

devdevadev

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 540 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:42 PM

Now I have question don't we need to install grub2, as we didn't install grub2 we had only installed clover in step number 6.

post-65263-0-70386900-1541655931.png

AFAIK, It already Auto installed default AIOBOOT Bootloader .i.e Grub2 ?

Secondly I have created this AIO on my UEFI system, is this the reason of not loading grub2 from GRUB4DOS or it has nothing to do with it?

May be....But not sure. You can re-create from BIOS Booted OS ? I think you should also try to do whole steps in a 32GB GPT USB and boot in  Target system. So that we can be sure that something is wrong with 4TB HDD ?  

Also test both CASE-2 and CASE-3 given in above post ? and report result ? 

#71 devdevadev

devdevadev

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 540 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 08 November 2018 - 06:59 PM

Had you tried to create MBR partitions in your 4TB HDD instead of GPT

If not you should try to create MBR Partitions in your 4TB HDD by using MBR4TB software.. 

If you use the 4TB disk to boot in Legacy BIOS mode, you should use MBR instead of GPT, which is ALSO recommended for AIO Boot.

1- If your disk is new or has no data, you can clean the disk, delete all partitions and re-initialize by running following

Command in CMD prompt as Admin.

diskpart
list disk
select disk disk_number
clean
convert mbr

2- First, you need to download MBR4TB.exe then run the software.

3- Use MBR4TB to create the last partition, then you can optionally create new partitions in the first 2TB area. 

4- Enter the disk number of the disk you want to use. You can use Disk Management to get the disk number of the

disk you want. Disk 0 is 0, Disk 1 is 1 and Disk n is n.

5- Press Enter and wait for the message in the software window.

MBR4TB.png

6- MBR4TB only helps you create new partitions, you can see the new partition in Disk Management and format it there.

7- Now create 32GB FAT32 AIOBOOT Partition at the beginning of 4TB MBR HDD...

8- Now try to create 2nd NTFS Partition between 1st 32 GB FAT32 AIOBOOT Partiton and 3rd (1677.29 MB) NTFS

Partition at the end of 4TB MBR HDD created by MBR4TB software.   

MBR4TB-4TB-Hard-Disk-Partition-Software-

NOTE- Tu Nguyen just tested this software on a virtual disk on a virtual machine because he don’t have 3TB or 4TB hard disk. Please let me know your results. Thank you and wish you success!

• nice_guy75 likes this

#72 nice_guy75

nice_guy75

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:14 PM

Had you tried to create MBR partitions in your 4TB HDD instead of GPT

If not you should try to create MBR Partitions in your 4TB HDD by using MBR4TB software.. 

If you use the 4TB disk to boot in Legacy BIOS mode, you should use MBR instead of GPT, which is ALSO recommended for AIO Boot.

1- If your disk is new or has no data, you can clean the disk, delete all partitions and re-initialize by running following

Command in CMD prompt as Admin.

diskpart
list disk
select disk disk_number
clean
convert mbr

2- First, you need to download MBR4TB.exe then run the software.

3- Use MBR4TB to create the last partition, then you can optionally create new partitions in the first 2TB area. 

4- Enter the disk number of the disk you want to use. You can use Disk Management to get the disk number of the

disk you want. Disk 0 is 0, Disk 1 is 1 and Disk n is n.

5- Press Enter and wait for the message in the software window.

MBR4TB.png

6- MBR4TB only helps you create new partitions, you can see the new partition in Disk Management and format it there.

7- Now create 32GB FAT32 AIOBOOT Partition at the beginning of 4TB MBR HDD...

8- Now try to create 2nd NTFS Partition between 1st 32 GB FAT32 AIOBOOT Partiton and 3rd (1677.29 MB) NTFS

Partition at the end of 4TB MBR HDD created by MBR4TB software.   

MBR4TB-4TB-Hard-Disk-Partition-Software-

NOTE- Tu Nguyen just tested this software on a virtual disk on a virtual machine because he don’t have 3TB or 4TB hard disk. Please let me know your results. Thank you and wish you success!

Tried this method, I am back to square one, same GRUB text with blinking cursor, :-(

First I have converted my disk to mbr partition then used that mbr4tb tool to create a partition of around 1.6tb then I have created one 30 GB FAT32 partition, second 30 GB NTFS partition and 2 extended partition of 1tb and remaining space. Then followed your tutorial and created my AIO tried booting on BIOS system, same result of GRUB text with blinking cursor.

#73 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 09 November 2018 - 06:16 PM

Ok I went ahead, I can now boot into my GPT disk, I have selected AIO Boot GRUB4DOS menu then I have selected Load Grub2 but I stuck there only there I see following text:

Welcome to AIO BOOT!

Error: no such device: /AIO/Sitecuatui.com.html
Error: unknown filesystem.
Entering rescue mode...
Grub rescue>
All in all, it is not going into WinPE and Setup from GRUB4DOS, I have to first load grub2 but it is not loading.
Please help me further, I think I am inches away from success.

The grub4dos loaded (so technically the system booted :)).

The GRUB2 loaded allright :) ( that is what printed the message "Welcome to Aioboot" and then - because of some misconfiguration/conflict of the GRUB2 menu file or grub.cfg and/or some file missing because of the exact way you used AIOboor or for *whatever* other reason, possibly a "wrong" root established or a missing GRUB2 module - dropped to the grub rescue> prompt).

There you should have stopped and reviewed a set of command lines in the GRUB2 command line capable of prosecuting the booting (or maybe even change/override the menu.lst of gtub4dos - if it is the case of a "wrong" root "passed on" to GRUB2)

So you were inches away, and now you are likely to be several feet away, instead :(

:duff:
Wonko
  • nice_guy75 likes this

#74 nice_guy75

nice_guy75

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 10 November 2018 - 03:23 AM

The grub4dos loaded (so technically the system booted :)). The GRUB2 loaded allright :) ( that is what printed the message "Welcome to Aioboot" and then - because of some misconfiguration/conflict of the GRUB2 menu file or grub.cfg and/or some file missing because of the exact way you used AIOboor or for *whatever* other reason, possibly a "wrong" root established or a missing GRUB2 module - dropped to the grub rescue> prompt). There you should have stopped and reviewed a set of command lines in the GRUB2 command line capable of prosecuting the booting (or maybe even change/override the menu.lst of gtub4dos - if it is the case of a "wrong" root "passed on" to GRUB2) So you were inches away, and now you are likely to be several feet away, instead :(. :duff:Wonko

No, the "Grub prompt" one is on mbr disk, with GPT disk I can still boot into GPT disk via grub4dos, only grub2 is not loading. NTBOOT 1 and NTBOOT 2 are also not working. But surprisingly same method is working on 32 GB GPT flash drive but not working on my 4TB GPT disk, if you can help, I would be very grateful to both of you, you both have been very helpful to me.

Yesterday itself I tried the same method on 32 GB GPT flash drive, it is perfectly working, tried Windows 8.1 installation setup, Windows 10 installation setup, Hiren Boot CD with WinPE, Acronis True Image 2011, 2014 as well as 2018 all integrated in my AIO, everything is working on flash drive but not on 4 TB GPT disk.

I can setup the same AIO in minutes, but I'm unaware of command lines od grub2, if you can help me with this I can try.

Edited by nice_guy75, 10 November 2018 - 03:27 AM.

#75 devdevadev

devdevadev

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 540 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 10 November 2018 - 06:48 AM

No,s the "Grub prompt" one is on mbr disk,  

Sorry...But when you reported 'Grub rescue' error you was not using MBR. Was not this error occur in 4TB GPT Disk  ?

• nice_guy75 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aio boot, grub4dos, grub2, syslinux, clover, boot usb, bootable usb, boot, boot loaders, boot usb udisk

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users