Due to time constraints my project work and time on the forum has been limited. I have been doing some work on ChrisPE and recently added a few updates to the ChrisPE test branch on GitHub - see here
Testing and feedback welcome.Changelog (for Test branch)
20190508 (8th May 2019)
* Added support for Winows 10 build 1903 (tested using 10.0.18362.30 source)
* Added option to select up to image 11 in install.wim
* Updated relevant sections of the documentation.
20190506 (6th May 2019)
* Moved Tweaks.script to Core so that it is processed before WoW64. This significantly reduces build time if WoW64 is selected in the build (15 seconds saved on a relatively fast test system with a Crucial BX300 Solid State Drive).
* Included option to set RAMDISK size as 1024 MB.
* Added support for Windows 10 builds 1803 and 1809.
20190426 (26th April 2019)
* Added support for PEBakery 0.9.5.1 beta5 - some project scripts updated to support the new build.
* Compatibility setting for ChrisPE edited to include
* Updates to all Applications scripts to add a check to ensure that the correct image in boot.wim is updated if Applications are added post build to boot.wim.
* Following programs added -
- AccessGain (bypass NTFS security permissions)
- FAU (Forensic Acquisition Utilities)
- FreeShooter (Screen capture)
- HWiNFO (hardware information)
- HxD (hex editor)
- IrfanView (image viewer/converter)
- JK Defrag (defragmentor)
- NT Passwor Edit
- Opera USB (Browser)
- ProduKey (view product/activation keys)
- sDelete (secure file delete)
* Following programs updated -
- DMDE (now includes 64-bit version)
20180321 (21st March 2018)
Following scripts added -
* Settings > Network - new script. This has been split from the Settings > Recommended script. Includes option to set the ComputerName. Enabling any of the options in this script will add Unattend.xml to the root of the \ChrisPE.Files\ISO.ROOT\ folder and will add an entry to run wpeinit.exe from winpeshl.ini. The unattend.xml file includes an entry for setting the default screen resolution to 1024x768. This will probably not make any difference if using Windows 8 or newer sources, but should if Windows 6.1.7600/6.1.7601 source files are used as these sources default to low screen resolutions.
* Applications > TightVNC Server script added. This includes an option for automatically starting TightVNC Server during the WinPE boot process (automatically initializing the network).
* Finalise > Subst - new script. Use to run subst to assign a virtual mount point for the media used to boot ChrisPE.
* Finalise > WinFE - new script. Create a Windows Forensic Environment.
* Drivers > Drivers - new script. Experimental Driver integration support. Get WAIK Tools is used to download DISM - ensure that your firewall is configured to allow access to GWT.exe.
Other (main) changes -
* Main project script now includes an option to select the METHOD - either INJECT or EXTRACT. using the EXTRACT method will significantly increase build time as the contents of boot.wim will be fully extracted before the project run.
* Get WAIK Tools added to Tools. Used to download DISM and dependencies. This is required for the new Drivers script.
* nircmd added to tools.
* innounp.exe added to tools.
* Settings > Recommended - Network option removed from this script and moved to a seperate script (see above).
* All Applications scripts can now be executed post build by using the Run Script button.
* A new method of generating shortcuts for any programs with 'Include Program in boot.wim' disabled has been introduced. Shortcuts will now be added to the main shell menu after running FindPrograms menu option from the booted WinPE - this works by searching for a unique tag file and then running a series of batch files if the .tag file is located. The tag filename is generated based on date and time. Shortcuts for programs on the .iso will be added to the following menu option -
Start > ExternalMedia
20180311 (11th March 2018)
* Licence files added.
* Updated Tweaks.script to add segoeui.ttf font to the build - fixing an issue in Windows 10 based WinPE where italic fonts are displayed for icons and in other areas.
20180306 (6th March 2018)
* Original release - including PEBakery 0.9.3 beta3.