#701 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 15 December 2021 - 04:01 PM

now I can see that u have disabled services I haven't (yet), let me try so I will confirm or not. for instance, I did not remove some services which I thought were vital to the system. btw, wia, I need it for my scanner, I guess, but if u have other alternatives that would make me scan docs and pics just the same, pls say.

#702 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 15 December 2021 - 04:47 PM

my dear wimb, I updated the file I sent u from the service list u had proposed and ... here I am, it booted fine. now let me see if everything I have expected to work does. see u in a bit.

#703 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 15 December 2021 - 05:16 PM

Well, my dear wimb, the Flying Dutchman, u must be a practical genius!!! I think I told u several times to go to Utrecht and apply for a teaching position. everything vital seems to work as before even with ur proposed deletions, so here is my new list integrated with ur suggestions.

Attached Files

#704 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  • Interests:Boot and Install from USB
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 15 December 2021 - 05:23 PM

Thanks antonino61 for your list. May be I can use it to find some more Services that can be Disabled.

You had better not give .bat files as Attachment, since they are refused for Download.

Better give such files .txt extension

Can you give a similar ScreenShot Picture of Disabled Services using x64 serviwin.exe and comparable to my Picture

• antonino61 likes this

#705 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 15 December 2021 - 06:07 PM

I told u I have already got them out, so at the moment, on this very system, u will see no disabled services, only automatic and manual, so you will only see what is left after the purge. and the same applies to serviwin (no trace of the disabled services as I have already deleted them). Shall I give u this list or will u wait for me to disable them myself from a fresh ready-for-service-deletion system?

if u r happy with my currently existing service list,  u will have to disable those marked sc delete on my .bat + all instances of hyperv, intel, x***, and that is about it. so tell me if u want this remaining service list or wait a bit and have what I will have disabled from a start-of-the-process system.

#706 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 15 December 2021 - 07:08 PM

@antonino61

OK I understand and will first use the info in the list that you supplied.

• antonino61 likes this

#707 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 15 December 2021 - 08:16 PM

plus, I insist, if u do not envisage virtual machines, all instances of hyperv, and all instances of intel (they do nothing, as far as I have seen). all in all, if u deduct our lists from a pristine list, u will be left with the needed services, with a few caveats as to the difference between a system that boots and a system that works (as our wonderful friend alacrán would say). u will have to decide what facilities to preserve. me, I print and scan, if I did not I would sooner do without sti***, spooler, etc. by way of an example.

#708 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 15 December 2021 - 09:19 PM

@ wimb

When trying to run Win_Debloat from a 10 OS installed on a partition of internal HD to test it, I found Win_Debloat only allow to run it in a VHD environment, I think a warning in big red letters mentioning it is running from an internal drive, also that it is recommended to run it on a VHD, and all changes are not reversible should be enough, and let the user decide if he/she wants to use it in the OS installed in a partition.

alacran

• antonino61 likes this

#709 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 15 December 2021 - 11:13 PM

I have just tried wintel.cmd, of course after copying the vhd someplace else. and ... I came across a very strange behavior. after it finished executing, it disappeared. then I noticed that it did disable about 4 services, and still no trouble. everything seems to work as expected SO FAR.

#710 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 16 December 2021 - 08:35 AM

Update Download:  from wimb GitHub  -  Win_Debloat-25

Download File E = Encrypted PassWord = bootwimb

- OS in VHD Requirement Lifted Temporarily - OS is NOT in VHD - STOP - Message Added

- Added to Disable more Services according to WinTel.cmd given by alacran and sc delete List given by antonino61

In Total Now 68 Services are Disabled

- Remove Tasks is Disabled, since there were issues with filling in of WiFi Key - did not respond to keyboard input when all Tasks were removed

• alacran and antonino61 like this

#711 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 16 December 2021 - 10:53 AM

Would u pls tell me the name of the wi-fi service?
Have the hypers and intels been removed as well?

#712 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 16 December 2021 - 10:57 AM

Would u pls tell me the name of the wi-fi service?
Have the hypers and intels been removed as well?

The problem with WiFi key is not related to Disable of Services, but it is due to some Task that cannot be Deleted

Hyper-V Services have been Disabled. What intels Services do you mean ? 

#713 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 16 December 2021 - 11:45 AM

Those possibly related to the processor or to any Intel hardware one has got in their pc. services starting with "intel" on the list can all be deleted.

#714 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 16 December 2021 - 01:14 PM

Those possibly related to the processor or to any Intel hardware one has got in their pc. services starting with "intel" on the list can all be deleted.

I don't see any intel Services in my case whereas I have an Intel i7 Processor ....

• antonino61 likes this

#715 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 16 December 2021 - 01:41 PM

then it must be my case, as I have an I9. 

back to the wi-fi task, shall I run the previous version first and then the present version for landline systems and only the present version for wi-fi systems?

#716 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 16 December 2021 - 02:58 PM

btw, all LocalLow subfolders (there are 3 of them in a system) can safely be gotten rid of, or zero-byted, as alacrán prefers. Well, I'll be, we r better off zero-byting or junctioning it to ram, as cryptnetcache gets recreated over time.

back to tasks and services, some explanation each service would be more than welcome, lest we shoud cause unwanted disasters.

#717 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 16 December 2021 - 03:00 PM

Update Download:  from wimb GitHub  -  Win_Debloat-26

Download File E = Encrypted PassWord = bootwimb

- Added Option - Block Telemetry related domains via the hosts file and related IPs via Windows Firewall using Debloat_Scripts\scripts\block-telemetry.ps1

- Added - Disable Tasks using Debloat_Scripts\scripts\disable-tasks.ps1 - You have to Remove Leading # if you want to have Task Disabled

Does not know yet what Task when Disabled is causing trouble in entering chars for WiFi code

For now all Lines have Leading # so that Tasks are Not Disabled - I have no idea about what is useful for Tasks to be Disabled - Knowledge about it will evolve ....

Win_Debloat_2021-12-16_155422.jpg

EDIT:  Update 17-12-2021 - disable-tasks.ps1 file since the List of Tasks was Incomplete - ### Items Require Trusted Installer to Disable Task

EDIT UPDATE-2 17-12-2021 - disable-tasks.ps1 file modified so that 31 Tasks will be Disabled related to Update, Install Or Feedback

• antonino61 likes this

#718 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 16 December 2021 - 03:41 PM

is the task list  a list of all tasks possible, or is it a list of all possible deletion candidates?

#719 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 16 December 2021 - 04:42 PM

is the task list  a list of all tasks possible, or is it a list of all possible deletion candidates?

It is a list of All Tasks that can be Disabled by removal of Leading #

Some Tasks cannot de Disabled this way and have Leading ###

### "\MicrosoftEdgeUpdateTaskMachineCore"
     ### "\MicrosoftEdgeUpdateTaskMachineUA"
     ### "\OneDrive Standalone Update Task-S-1-5-21-284250054-1556130802-3558055662-1000"
     # "\Microsoft\Windows\.NET Framework\.NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319"
     # "\Microsoft\Windows\.NET Framework\.NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319 64"
     # "\Microsoft\Windows\.NET Framework\.NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319 64 Critical"
     # "\Microsoft\Windows\.NET Framework\.NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319 Critical"
     # "\Microsoft\Windows\Active Directory Rights Management Services Client\AD RMS Rights Policy Template Management (Automated)"
     # "\Microsoft\Windows\Active Directory Rights Management Services Client\AD RMS Rights Policy Template Management (Manual)"
     # "\Microsoft\Windows\AppID\EDP Policy Manager"

• antonino61 likes this

#720 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 16 December 2021 - 05:07 PM

thank you ever so much wimb, the Flying Dutchman, my congrats can never be enough. I have un#'d all I thought I safely could, even the ### instances, and here I am, rebooted with the browser working. U probably meant, whether u un### strings or not, u r doing nothing at all to the system - am I correct? pls. say.

for all intended purposes, let me check if the other things expected to work do; if so, Can I send u my version of the scripts so u can see if I can disable other things? i can tell u what works like this, but some tasks read cryptic to me.

#721 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 16 December 2021 - 05:28 PM

well, wimb, everything seems to work as before here, now I will check autoruns for missing files and, if u wanna check my deletions, pls say. No issues SO FAR.

#722 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 17 December 2021 - 02:57 PM

Moreover, the deletion of all inet* folders from anywhere in the vhd has caused no issues SO FAR, probably because I do not use internet explorer for a browser.

All in all, the same debloat settings as in win10 can safely be applied to win11 too, I have just tried it, but if anyone knows differently, pls say.

#723 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 17 December 2021 - 06:03 PM

Big question, or stupid question, as u prefer: after this wonderful debloat purge, would a run of win_reduce produce any further reduction of the vhd?

#724 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 17 December 2021 - 06:26 PM

Big question, or stupid question, as u prefer: after this wonderful debloat purge, would a run of win_reduce produce any further reduction of the vhd?

Win_Debloat will only give a small Reduction in UsedSize, whereas Win_Reduce is the real Reducer of UsedSize.

I think you need both for a Clean Mini 10x64 having a very small UsedSize of 1.5 GB

The Advantage of Win_Debload is that it Uninstalls All Apps and OneDrive, so that Start Menu and Registry are Cleaned.

Win_Reduce will Remove files and folders, what Win_Debloat is Not doing.

#725 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 17 December 2021 - 07:11 PM

sure, but, is first debloat and then reduce better/worse than the other way round or is the order indifferent? in a nutshell (to use an expression so dear to wonko), will winreduce reduce more on account of not finding the registry and startmenu scraps that one has previously cleared or will it remove the same whether the debloater has already been run or not?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ramdisk, grub4dos, wimlib, svbus, windows 10, ssd, usb, wim, vhd, wimboot

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users