3 replies to this topic

#1 Bull

Bull
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

So I think I'm missing a step somewhere with my new isoStick.  What I've got going on is that the isosel menu never displays!  I have completed the steps in the getting started posts and looked through a variety of troubleshooting posts on this  site.

What I am able to get is my computer to boot to the iso specified in the iso_filename.txt  But no matter how many times I reboot there it just boots back to that iso never to a selection menu.  When booted into windows, I can change the iso named in iso_filename.txt and the virtual CD drive will switch to it.

I've tried both the 1677 and 1658 firmware. And have followed several FAT32 formatting tools mentioned here in the forums.

I feel I must be missing something obvious, but I'm apparently too dense to see it!

#2 Bull

Bull
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:09 PM

Ok so I found the basic answer by looking further down the forum.  The machine I'm using this on is in fact UEFI based.  I'm prepping to test it on a different machine to confirm.  If I don't post here again, please look at this as another bump for getting a UEFI compatible version of isosel onto the "todone" list!

#3 elegantinvention

elegantinvention

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 310 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:32 PM

Sorry for the problems! Hopefully it is a UEFI issue, as I believe this todo item will take care of that. :cheers:

#4 Bull

Bull
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:37 PM

Since it appears that your somewhat close to finishing it, I hope so too!

I was able to get isosel to work on a different computer. However, the third one I tried refused to boot to the vcd in any shape or form.  I can provide you with info on that machine.  Let me know what you need and I'll help anyway I can.

Edited by Bull, 17 May 2013 - 07:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users