4 replies to this topic

#1 amltzy

amltzy
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 17 June 2015 - 07:43 AM

How to create a bootable usb? with what tool? I find a tool called AOMEI PE builder, which bootable usb is based on Winpe, following is official turorial:

http://www.aomeitech...e-usb-1004.html

easy,right?

#2 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7566 posts
  • Interests:computers, programming (masm,vb6,C,vbs), photography,TV,films
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 17 June 2015 - 07:48 AM

The problem with that tool is that it if you have a 64-bit Windows, it cannot create a 32-bit PE (and vice versa).

It has already been posted  too

#3 amltzy

amltzy
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 17 June 2015 - 07:53 AM

The problem with that tool is that it if you have a 64-bit Windows, it cannot create a 32-bit PE (and vice versa).

It has already been posted  too

Thank you, it official has said like:

• If you run AOMEI PE Builder on a 64-bit operating system, then the bootable Windows PE media that you created supports both UEFI/GPT boot mode and Legacy BIOS/MBR boot mode.
  • If you run AOMEI PE Builder on a 32-bit operating system which cannot support UEFI/GPT boot, therefore, the bootable Windows PE media that you created only supports Legacy BIOS/MBR boot mode.

Before adding portable software to Windows PE, you need to figure out whether your system is 32bit or 64bit. If AOMEI PE Builder is installed on a 32bit computer, the applications you add to Windows PE should also be 32bit; if the computer is 64bit, the applications should be 64bit. Only doing like this, the programs included in Windows PE can work normally. To check the type of your computer, you can right click the “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Properties” as follows

Not perfect, right?

#4 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7566 posts
  • Interests:computers, programming (masm,vb6,C,vbs), photography,TV,films
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 17 June 2015 - 07:56 AM

My Windows system is 64-bit, but I want to create a 32-bit PE because it will boot on both types of systems (32-bit and 64-bit).

How can I do this with AOMEI PE Builder?

#5 amltzy

amltzy
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:03 AM

My Windows system is 64-bit, but I want to create a 32-bit PE because it will boot on both types of systems (32-bit and 64-bit).

How can I do this with AOMEI PE Builder?

yes, not perfect now. but you can create on your friend's 32-bit machine. It seems here 32-bit is more useful

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bootable, usb

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users