3 replies to this topic

#1 Sidewinder

Sidewinder

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 04 August 2015 - 12:37 AM

Quick suggestion. I don't k now if you pay Microsoft (or whomever) for the fat file system licensing, but I have a suggestion. To avoid necessitating that, or stop the need to split iso's. I propose using the Linux file system ext4. There are freely available drivers for windows and OS X out there (which could be provided on your site).

Or maybe, the ISO manager could be the ext4 file system viewer AND firmware updater AND automatically do what's currently a custom job of having to create a config/isosel.bin and config/iso_filename.txt etc.

I'm also, essentially, willing to donate my time to writing the software required to make this as simple as possible.

#2 elegantinvention

elegantinvention

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 310 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 August 2015 - 01:43 AM

Sorry for my late reply!

While I appreciate the suggestion and the offer to help, I feel that necessitating installation of ext4 filesystem drivers would be a real hindrance to anyone not running Linux. A good many of my customers are Windows users in corporate environments, for example.

That said, I do plan on having a single portable, cross-platform app in the form of 3 binaries (osx, linux, windows) to keep on your isostick that would perform all the tasks necessary: keeping isosel and the firmware up to date, splitting ISOs when dragged to it, unsplitting ISOs when dragged from it, and in general allowing you to manage your isostick more easily.

My focus right now is on the firmware, but I have the software planned out and will work on it as soon as the new firmware is finished.

#3 Sidewinder

Sidewinder

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:20 AM

Are you open to suggestions?

#4 elegantinvention

elegantinvention

Frequent Member

• Developer