Privatefirewall

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Aeolis

Aeolis

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:I am just trying to learn and help.
  •  
    Brazil

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:07 PM

Posted Image

File Name: Privatefirewall
File Submitter: Aeolis
File Submitted: 20 Oct 2012
File Updated: 20 Oct 2012
File Category: App scripts

CREDITS: My BIG THANK YOU for the Reboot.pro community!

DESCRIPTION: This script is designed to increase the security of PE builds by adding a reliable firewall to it: Privatefirewall. Private firewall has a firewall module as well as a HIPS module and both work well under PE environment. With it you can add shortcuts to Desktop, Start Menu, a Start Menu custom folder and choose to run at Windows PE Startup. There could be more configuration options for Privatefirewall on users' demand and author's availability, for now only the safer and simpler were implemented. For now due to Privatefirewall's system integration nature it's limited on running only from RAM, but it could be changed in future.

THE PROGRAM: Privatefirewall multi-layered endpoint security software protects 32 and 64 bit Windows desktops and servers from malware and unauthorized use. Personal firewall, packet inspection, URL filtering, anti-logger, process monitor, and application/system behavior modeling and anomaly detection components stop hackers, spyware, viruses and other forms of malware before they can cause damage.

FROM AUTHOR: I hope you like using it as much as I liked creating it. I hope you can test and post your comments here. I would like suggestions on how to clean/improve this script.

Best regards,

Aeolis

Click here to download this file

#2 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4202 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:25 AM

Thanks for the script.

#3 Aeolis

Aeolis

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 145 posts
  •  
    Brazil

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

Hello folks,

Thank you TheHive, you're welcome. Have you tested it?

Best regards,

Aeolis

#4 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4202 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:22 AM

Tested on multiPE 55 and using Windows XP source. Get an error of not being able to find sc.exe and pfgui.exe.

PrivateFirewall.jpg
PrivateFirewall 2.jpg

Log
Attached File  log.7z   121.59KB   545 downloads

Errors

[Failed]  (Privatefirewall.script) FileRename - Failed to rename file: [%BaseDir%\Workbench\Common\Privatefirewall\Privatefirewall Files\pwipf6.sys1] to:[%BaseDir%\Workbench\Common\Privatefirewall\Privatefirewall Files\pwipf6.sys] :The system cannot find the file specified

[Failed]  (Privatefirewall.script) FileRename - Failed to rename file: [%BaseDir%\Workbench\Common\Privatefirewall\Privatefirewall Files\pwipf6.exe1] to:[%BaseDir%\Workbench\Common\Privatefirewall\Privatefirewall Files\pwipf6.exe] :The system cannot find the file specified

[Failed]  (Privatefirewall) FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Workbench\Common\Privatefirewall\Privatefirewall Files\dpf.ini] to: [%BaseDir%\Workbench\multiPE_XP\UserData\AppsRAM\Privacyware\Privatefirewall 7.0\dpf.ini]: The system cannot find the file specified.

[Failed]  (Privatefirewall) FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Workbench\Common\Privatefirewall\Privatefirewall Files\PFGUI.exe] to: [%BaseDir%\Workbench\multiPE_XP\UserData\AppsRAM\Privacyware\Privatefirewall 7.0\PFGUI.exe]: The system cannot find the file specified.

[Failed]  (Privatefirewall) FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Workbench\Common\Privatefirewall\Privatefirewall Files\PFHelp.chm] to: [%BaseDir%\Workbench\multiPE_XP\UserData\AppsRAM\Privacyware\Privatefirewall 7.0\PFHelp.chm]: The system cannot find the file specified.

[Failed]  (Privatefirewall) FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Workbench\Common\Privatefirewall\Privatefirewall Files\pfnames.ini] to: [%BaseDir%\Workbench\multiPE_XP\UserData\AppsRAM\Privacyware\Privatefirewall 7.0\pfnames.ini]: The system cannot find the file specified.

[Failed]  (Privatefirewall) FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Workbench\Common\Privatefirewall\Privatefirewall Files\pfports.html] to: [%BaseDir%\Workbench\multiPE_XP\UserData\AppsRAM\Privacyware\Privatefirewall 7.0\pfports.html]: The system cannot find the file specified.

[Failed]  (Privatefirewall) FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Workbench\Common\Privatefirewall\Privatefirewall Files\pfprotocols.html] to: [%BaseDir%\Workbench\multiPE_XP\UserData\AppsRAM\Privacyware\Privatefirewall 7.0\pfprotocols.html]: The system cannot find the file specified.

[Failed]  (Privatefirewall) FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Workbench\Common\Privatefirewall\Privatefirewall Files\PFReport.exe] to: [%BaseDir%\Workbench\multiPE_XP\UserData\AppsRAM\Privacyware\Privatefirewall 7.0\PFReport.exe]: The system cannot find the file specified.

[Failed]  (Privatefirewall) FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Workbench\Common\Privatefirewall\Privatefirewall Files\pfsvc.exe] to: [%BaseDir%\Workbench\multiPE_XP\UserData\AppsRAM\Privacyware\Privatefirewall 7.0\pfsvc.exe]: The system cannot find the file specified.

[Failed]  (Privatefirewall) FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Workbench\Common\Privatefirewall\Privatefirewall Files\capicom.dll] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\multiPE_XP\I386\System32\capicom.dll]: The system cannot find the file specified.

[Failed]  (Privatefirewall) FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Workbench\Common\Privatefirewall\Privatefirewall Files\SSCProt.dll] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\multiPE_XP\I386\System32\SSCProt.dll]: The system cannot find the file specified.

[Failed]  (Privatefirewall) FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Workbench\Common\Privatefirewall\Privatefirewall Files\pf6.lic] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\multiPE_XP\Documents and Settings\All Users\Privacyware\Privatefirewall\pf6.lic]: The system cannot find the file specified.

[Failed]  (Privatefirewall) FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Workbench\Common\Privatefirewall\Privatefirewall Files\pwipf6.exe] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\multiPE_XP\Documents and Settings\All Users\Privacyware\Privatefirewall\pwipf6.exe]: The system cannot find the file specified.

[Failed]  (Privatefirewall) FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Workbench\Common\Privatefirewall\Privatefirewall Files\pwipf6.inf] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\multiPE_XP\Documents and Settings\All Users\Privacyware\Privatefirewall\pwipf6.inf]: The system cannot find the file specified.

[Failed]  (Privatefirewall) FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Workbench\Common\Privatefirewall\Privatefirewall Files\pwipf6.sys] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\multiPE_XP\Documents and Settings\All Users\Privacyware\Privatefirewall\pwipf6.sys]: The system cannot find the file specified.

[Failed]  (Privatefirewall) FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Workbench\Common\Privatefirewall\Privatefirewall Files\reports.dat] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\multiPE_XP\Documents and Settings\All Users\Privacyware\Privatefirewall\reports.dat]: The system cannot find the file specified.

17 errors occured!

#5 Aeolis

Aeolis

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 145 posts
  •  
    Brazil

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:13 PM

Hello folks,

TheHive I have checked your log and I have the following requests:

1) Is your build x86 or x64?
2) The reason for most of the log errors is that you have not provided a valid msi file for the script to work on the "Source file" box. You must provide a valid "Privatefirewall 7.0.msi" file read the instructions in the script on how to obtain it.
3) I have enforced the dependencies requirement in the script. Please, test this version 2: Attached File  Privatefirewall.script   387.92KB   772 downloads
4) Just to be sure. Remember you must integrate private firewall driver installation in "PENetwork.ini". Please read the instruction, provide a valid one to the script and use the "Integrate" button.

Post your results. I hope it work now.

Best regards,

Aeolis

#6 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4202 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:36 PM

1) Is your build x86 or x64?

x86

Ok! 2 problems im having.

2) The reason for most of the log errors is that you have not provided a valid msi file for the script to work on the "Source file" box. You must provide a valid "Privatefirewall 7.0.msi" file read the instructions in the script on how to obtain it.

1. downloaded the Privatefirewall installer. Its in exe format not msi.

2. When you point to the exe as the extraction file the 7zip.exe is not found in the ProjectsToolsnativeEx folder.
Its in the ProjectsToolsnativeExx86 or ProjectsToolsnativeExx64 folder.

#7 Aeolis

Aeolis

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 145 posts
  •  
    Brazil

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:53 PM

Hello folks,

TheHive thank you for testing. Yes, the installer is a exe file not a msi. The msi file is inside the exe. There is a instructions field in the script GUI with all the information you need to extract the msi from the exe, please read it first.

Regarding the missing 7zip.exe I don't know what could be wrong because I have used the "Unpack" command which should find the necessary files (7zip.exe) in the right place. I thought it was a Project directive not a script directive.

Feel free to contact me if you need more help.

Best regards,

Aeolis

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users