#26 vvurat

vvurat

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 323 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:34 AM

openGL error continues. it complains i have only openGL1.1

infcachebuild.exe -p %target%\"folder contains inf drivers"

you can just make an "emptly" folder put nv_lh.inf in it. infcachebuild.exe -p %target%\empty. and use that inf in your inf and filerepisory folder.

#27 gogetax64

gogetax64

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
    Puerto Rico

Posted 22 February 2011 - 02:32 AM

One thing that I like is that with the VGA driver installed you get:
Adobe flash 10.x Hardware-VIDEO acceleration!

#28 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:02 AM

nv_lh loads in make_pe3 PE without running infcachebuild. Anyway tried running infcachebuild on the inf and this time it fails to load the driver and reports the inf file is invalid.

#29 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:30 AM

Makes sense, original nVidia drivers get renamed while being copied.
But that shouldn't apply to the drivers Win7 comes with.

:confused1: What kind of drivers are we talking about again?

:cheers:

#30 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:59 AM

I was talking about the:

Windows\system32\driverstore\FileRepository\nv_lh.inf_x86_neutral_bbe628dbdd6fce25

drivers. If they work then they are considerably smaller ( 20Mb ) than the current ones nvidia provide ( 92Mb ) which I also tried and they fail in the same way with code 37.

Maybe the next step is to create my own winbuilder project which uses as the source the built boot.wim from make_pe3.

#31 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:28 PM

I was talking about the:

Windows\system32\driverstore\FileRepository\nv_lh.inf_x86_neutral_bbe628dbdd6fce25

I had a look at the problem and have a question, infcachebuild is run on the inf folder, but the named driver is in FileRepository. :D

So A:) Why would anyone run InfCacheBuild on that folder? and B:) How is that driver to work, when the CopyFiles lines are killed? The dll and sys are still in the wrong place!

Or were the driver files copied by a script into the right places and there make troubles?

:smiling9:

#32 vvurat

vvurat

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 323 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:01 PM

Or were the driver files copied by a script into the right places and there make troubles?

yes. if winsxs driver folders missing. also keep same drivers in FileRepository. same files will not get wim size bigger. keep driver files where they should be and let only inf file to load without copy anything.

#33 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:39 PM

@paraglider
I tryed MakePE today and it couldn't get my GeForce GTX260 to work.
Did you add/change anything, that it works with your nVidia card?

:thumbsup:

#34 dera

dera

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1335 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:47 PM

in Win7PE_SE project if i use this display script instead of the original,
then i can load the nv_LH.inf successfully

Edited by dera, 13 April 2011 - 09:57 PM.

#35 ludovici

ludovici

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 610 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:56 PM

You are a Magician Dera ;) :) :thumbsup:
Need now to compare original display script (Dera Link) and Display script from CrisR Project
Less of Files and registry in dera script :thumbsup:
MedEvil can you test the Display script dera in ChrisR project instead of the original ?
No access to my PC for test :smiling9:

#36 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:24 PM

Yes i can and will do so tomorrow.

:thumbsup:

#37 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:32 PM

Yes. That fixed it for me with win7pe SE 2011/2/10. Nvidia drivers 8.15.11.8593 now load for my GTX 280.

#38 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:39 PM

I have build a Win7PE_SE_2011_02_10 all settings default, like they were, just the display script got exchanged.
Terrible result. Not only did the graphics card not get a driver, but neigther did all the hardware, which worked fine in the build made with Make_PE3_40.

What do i have to enable to get a PE, similar to the media build in Make_PE3_40, to try again?

:dubbio:

#39 LaVerne

LaVerne

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:25 PM

Cheers guys,

luckily I've been following this thread the last few days, because I have the same problem about the graphics driver. I'd like to share my pain:

On my desktop computer (Core i7, nVidia GTS250) I had the mentioned problems, as well as on my notebook (Santa Rosa Chipset, Intel T7300, Intel GMA Graphics) - on both I had a notice that "The driver could not be successfully installed (Code 37)". So I just tried the "patch" provided by Dera 15 minutes ago and loaded the result via USB stick on my desktop computer, and actually it worked for me, too (with some problems, see below).

I will also try it on my notebook and will tell you if it worked, but after playing around with WinBuilder the last two weeks I somehow have no doubt that the provided script will also fix the graphics driver problems on my notebook.

Just one problem left for me: I am using the driver packs from driverpacks.net, which works great, but has a flaw - I get the setup screen from nVidia telling me to restart the computer to make the changes take effect ... which is quite useless for a live system ;D Does anyone of you have a tipp off how to solve that?

Last but not least - thank you to ALL of you who take part in this great project ... it saved my life already two times, and it will do a heck load of more times for sure!

Cheers,

LaVerne

#40 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:36 PM

but has a flaw - I get the setup screen from nVidia telling me to restart the computer to make the changes take effect ... which is quite useless for a live system ;D Does anyone of you have a tipp off how to solve that?

Someone wrote, that this message can be ignored, the drivers work regardless.

#41 LaVerne

LaVerne

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:45 PM

Someone wrote, that this message can be ignored, the drivers work regardless.

:smiling9:

Thanks for the tip off MedEvil (sweet avatar btw), but I am afraid that this is only half of the story (for me).

The driver is NOT showed in the hardware manager here, neither as VGA compatible nor as an nVidia card (it's just completely gone from the list), I still have no crisp screen as I am used to with an nVidia driver but a bit of a blurry screen, and my Internet Explorer still is lagging like hell, which for me is the main reason to implement the drivers so far.

Sure this all is no big deal, but since I am quite done with the big deal of setting up most of what I planned, I am quite keen on the details now :dubbio:

Any more tipps are highly appreciated - I will investigate about this myself and will post the results here.

#42 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:58 PM

Run DirectX diagnostics. They should tell you, what graphics driver is used on your system.
But your description sounds, like the install did not went through.

#43 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:25 AM

Did you try the built in nvidia drivers instead of the driver pack drivers? That's the ones I am running. They claim to support the gts 250:

NVIDIA_G92.DEV_0615.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v1.1)"

%NVIDIA_G92.DEV_0615.1% = nv_G9x, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0615

#44 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:44 PM

I have now run a Win7PE_SE(with dera Display.script) and a MakePE on 4 different computers. 3 had Win7 installed, one just XP.
On the XP computer, both PE were pretty much useless, but on the other 3, the majority of devices got a driver and became functional.
In MakePE, every device became functional, except for the graphic cards, those never worked. Both nVidia and ATI!
In Win7PE, a few additional devices were as unfortunate as the graphic cards and also did not load drivers.

So far it looks to me, that there is a general bug regarding installation of graphic drivers, if the drivers are taken from the HostOS.

Can anyone contradict?

#45 LaVerne

LaVerne

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:09 PM

In MakePE, every device became functional, except for the graphic cards, those never worked. Both nVidia and ATI!
In Win7PE, a few additional devices were as unfortunate as the graphic cards and also did not load drivers.

So far it looks to me, that there is a general bug regarding installation of graphic drivers, if the drivers are taken from the HostOS.

Can anyone contradict?

I promised to report my results, and I have to say: I can't contradict. I didn't try MakePE so far, just Win7PE, but I have the same problems on two totally different computers with that as MedEvil has (using a desktop system with an Nvidia GTS250 and a notebook with an Intel GMA965 Express).

With deras Script and a little fiddling I was quite close to get the drivers up running on both systems, but then I either had the device manager message "Device could not be initialized (Code 37)" or "Driver Problem (Code 1) - System needs to be restarted for the driver change to take effect" (rough translation of the german error codes shown in the Device Manager)... trying to verify with DirectX Diagnostics or CPU-Z failed due to the driver problem.

If I have some spare time at the weekend I'll have a quick look with ProcMon if I can find some hint into some direction, maybe I am lucky and can help out a bit here.

Oh, and paraglider: Thanks for the tip, I have just tried the 266.58 so far, not the Microsoft ones. After digging into that problem last night I found out that these drivers, that I expect in Windows\system32\driverstore\FileRepository\ (file nv_lh.inf_x86_neutral_bbe628dbdd6fce25) were NOT present. I then rechecked the install.wim on my Windows 7 install medium, where they ARE present. Therefore I assume that the driver is not copied at build time. Also trying to change to full copy for the file copy script didn't work for me. Could you tell me what script I have to modify so ALL files from the driverstore folder are copied?

LaVerne

Edited by LaVerne, 25 February 2011 - 02:19 PM.

#46 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 03:46 PM

Using MakePE with the included driver and fixes described by gogetax64 here. http://reboot.pro/11...post__p__122917
Get's the graphic card going. :dubbio:

:ph34r:

#47 skyide

skyide

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 218 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:10 PM

I am on WIN7_PE and tried dera's script and I keep getting "Windows Encounter Problems" and further down the dialog box "There is not enough space on the disk". I have a GeForce 9650M GT on my laptop. I tried increasing the X: drive space from 128MB to 256MB in WIN7_PE's build config but made no difference. It always has about 4MB of free space out of the total when right clicking X: and yet when you enter the drive, it has an entire GB of used space. I don't quite understand what is happening.

#48 dera

dera

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1335 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:20 PM

Therefore I assume that the driver is not copied at build time.

i think there is a little misunderstanding here

in the 'Win7pe_SE' winbuilder project the 'Drivers\Driver Integration' script
(\Projects\Win7pe_SE\Drivers\zz_Drivers.script)
intended to integrate the driver into your PE

this script - as default - points to the folder
'%GlobalTemplates%\Drivers_x86\'='\Workbench\Common\Drivers_x86\'
in this folder should supply the driver files what you want to integrate into your PE

so in the case of the nvidia graphic card you should manually open the install.wim and get the suitable driver files from install.wim from the folder
'\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_lh.inf_x86_neutral_bbe628dbdd6fce25\'
then have to enable the 'Drivers\Driver Integration' script
and have to copy these file into the folder '\Workbench\Common\Drivers_x86\' (of course if you want to build an x86 PE)

or simply copy these files into a folder what is accessible from your booted PE
(e.g. copy these files to an USB stick or simply copy these files via the 'Build\1 - Copy Files' script using the 'Copy Custom Folder' checkbox)
then in the booted PE load the driver via command-prompt using the
'drvload.exe inf_path' command

do not know ATI cards
but in the case of nvidia graphic cards only these files
what come from install.wim from the folder 'nv_lh.inf_x86_neutral_bbe628dbdd6fce25' can work

no-one said that the actual driver files - downloaded from the nvidia site or what come from driverspack - can work

once more
JFX said here:
"However the new nvidia diplay driver can't be installed without reboot
But the old one in \Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_lh.inf* does work"

#49 gogetax64

gogetax64

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
    Puerto Rico

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:37 PM

I use the " :dubbio: DERA'S :ph34r: " script whith the nvidia 266.58 VGA driver and the old one that's come with W7, and is working!!!

I play "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas", it work perfect...

But there something strange:

My card(nvidia Gforce G210-PCI Express 2) in the device manager display the name: STANDARD VGA ADAPTER,but the diretx diag tool tell me that all the accelerations are enabled. I also run a DirectX/OpenGl game (18 Wheels of Steel: Extreme Trucker 2) in both modes and the Log-file of the program tell me that is using the nvidia driver not the generic vga one...

#50 gogetax64

gogetax64

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
    Puerto Rico

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:54 PM

I am using for my build's: The Windows7 Enterprise RTM-x86 DVD...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users