USB Disk Ejector

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Aeolis

Aeolis

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:I am just trying to learn and help.
  •  
    Brazil

Posted 15 January 2012 - 06:57 PM

Posted Image

File Name: USB Disk Ejector
File Submitter: Aeolis
File Submitted: 15 Jan 2012
File Category: App scripts

CREDITS: My BIG THANK YOU for the Reboot.pro community!

DESCRIPTION: This is a USB Disk Ejector script that gives user the ability to use it inside a PE build. It has some features to help the integration and customization, like adding shortcuts, setting it to run at Windows PE Startup and there is also the possibility to customize it. This script comes with instructions on how to do that.

THE PROGRAM: A program that allows you to quickly remove drives in Windows. It can eject USB disks, Firewire disks and memory cards. It is a quick, flexible, portable alternative to using Windows’ “Safely Remove Hardware” dialog.

NOTE: Due to "How to determine if a file is redistributable" (link: http://reboot.pro/3251/) I will not be able to attach the USB Disk Ejector files to this script and integrate its extraction. So, please, do not ask for this feature. You will have to download the files yourself.

FROM AUTHOR: I hope you like using it as much as I liked creating it. I hope you can test and post your comments here. I would like suggestions on how to clean/improve this script.

Best regards,

Aeolis

Click here to download this file

#2 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:30 PM

NOTE: Due to "How to determine if a file is redistributable" (link: http://reboot.pro/3251/) I will not be able to attach the USB Disk Ejector files to this script and integrate its extraction. So, please, do not ask for this feature. You will have to download the files yourself.

And, AGAIN, NO.

Noone - with a very few exceptions - has ever considered the referenced thread as "binding" (and it wasn't actually - it was just an attempt to provide some common sense).
For the record that attempt has been widely regarded as irrlevant and blatantly ignored by - say - 4/5th of the .script developers.

So, you are doing IMHO the "right thing" :thumbup: (if the app has a non-redistributable clause) BUT you are doing it on your free will, and NOT because that thread constitutes a "Rule" of some kind, and anyway also the actual Rules are ignored.

:cheers:
Wonko

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users