#1 edborg

edborg

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 387 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 13 July 2007 - 12:14 PM

I've been using successfully Opera 8.54 from NativePE, which worked perfectly, even in qEmu.
After migrating to Winbuilder 071B11 the program starts well but shuts down after a few seconds.

I think it's neither the script, nor Winbuilder, but rather a combination of inappropriate settings (?).

I'm using a fresh download of nativeEx_Core as a core (plus some scripts, including Opera) and noticed that a lot of changes have been made to the build, including the use of ImDisk instead of RamDisk.
I've played a bit with the default settings by increasing the memory and trying a FAT filesystem instead of NTFS, but didn't get any improvement.

Any idea?

I've tried the other browser Off by One, which works perfectly.
edborg

#2 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 08:25 PM

The Opera script from NativePE is a modified version of my CD-Opera script. Only thunn can give you support for it.
But you are welcome to try out the original version and if you should have trouble with it, i can help you.

:yahoo:

#3 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 13 July 2007 - 11:50 PM

Tested Opera under liveXP yesterday and it is working ok.. :yahoo:

#4 edborg

edborg

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 387 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 16 July 2007 - 02:29 PM

Tested again in WB 072.
It doesn't shut down if it doesn't find an Internet connection at start up.
Afterwards, once the connection is established by connecting the PC to the LAN, it works regularly! :yahoo:
But if it's started again it shuts down. :)
I'm really lost. It must be something related to its default configuration (start page, reject cookies, etc).
edborg

#5 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 04:19 PM

Sorry, but there is just no point in complaining here, if you insist on using thunns version.
Pm thunn to fix it, as he doesn't seem to be around at the moment.

PS: Just in case you didn't get it, Nunos test was performed with the CD-Opera script, that's included in the LiveXP project.

#6 edborg

edborg

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 387 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 16 July 2007 - 05:16 PM

I'm not complaining. Just trying to solve a problem.
I'll try the original script from LiveXP, then.
edborg

#7 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 07:22 PM

Edborg i didn't ment complaining in a negative sense, sorry if you've got that impression.

#8 edborg

edborg

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 387 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 17 July 2007 - 12:52 PM

Edborg i didn't ment complaining in a negative sense, sorry if you've got that impression.

:)

OK, thanks for the info anyway :) .
Actually, the CD-Opera.script from LiveXP doesn't have the reported behaviour. :yahoo:
The strange thing is that neither has it the Opera.script modified by thunn, if built from whithin NativePE.
It might be something related to the building core (nativeEX_Core vs. old nativeEX_barebone).
It would be interesting to find out the reason as the latter (having taken out the skins, I think) is a bit smaller and more suitable to a PE environment.
May be thunn will answer this question, when he comes back.
edborg

#9 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 01:09 PM

As far as i know, thunn did, among some other things, some compressing, but the way i understand it, the compression only reduces the size of the script, not of the installed program.

btw. thunn seems to be back, saw today a post of him.

#10 pedrole15

pedrole15

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 731 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 17 July 2007 - 10:10 PM

OK, thanks for the info anyway :) .
Actually, the CD-Opera.script from LiveXP doesn't have the reported behaviour. :yahoo:
The strange thing is that neither has it the Opera.script modified by thunn, if built from whithin NativePE.
It might be something related to the building core (nativeEX_Core vs. old nativeEX_barebone).
It would be interesting to find out the reason as the latter (having taken out the skins, I think) is a bit smaller and more suitable to a PE environment.
May be thunn will answer this question, when he comes back.
edborg

Hello Edborg
I have try the opera of thunn under winbuilder 072 and it work well for me
Cut my modem and work no problem show a page for error don't find connection
Try with liveXP standard and BootSDI no error , start 2 3 time and still working well

#11 edborg

edborg

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 387 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 20 July 2007 - 10:21 AM

Hello Edborg
I have try the opera of thunn under winbuilder 072 and it work well for me
Cut my modem and work no problem show a page for error don't find connection
Try with liveXP standard and BootSDI no error , start 2 3 time and still working well

Thanks Pedro, I'll try as you suggest with BootSDI.
Actually i was'nt using BootSDI, but CreateISO, a script that I had contributed to modify/improve by adding a RAM boot option and has been "democratically" removed from official projects/scripts. See here.
In any case, MedEvil's CD-Opera works fine even with CreateISO.
edborg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users