[app script] Unstoppable Copier

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 02 July 2007 - 10:40 PM

File name: [app script] Unstoppable Copier

Description:

Recovers files from disks with physical damage. Allows you to copy files from disks with problems such as bad sectors, scratches or that just give errors when reading data. The program will attempt to recover every readable piece of a file and put the pieces together. Using this method most types of files can be made useable even if some parts were not recoverable in the end.

You can visit Roadkil's site here: http://www.roadkil.net/unstopcp.html

This script works under any API compatible project, you can place it on a folder you wish.

Have fun!

:1st:

Download file

Edited by Nuno Brito, 07 July 2007 - 09:42 AM.

#2 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4201 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 06:24 AM

Thanks! I tried this program A while back to try to back up some stuff from a scratch CD. I didnt have much luck I think when trying it our before.

#3 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 03 July 2007 - 09:17 AM

I like it because it will try and try until you say that it's ok to ignore and continue copying..

While copying with explorer it would just fail, guess there are more tools out there for this task - but this one works good enough. :1st:

#4 powaking

powaking

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 238 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 17 July 2007 - 12:18 PM

I like it because it will try and try until you say that it's ok to ignore and continue copying..

While copying with explorer it would just fail, guess there are more tools out there for this task - but this one works good enough. :yahoo:

Had made one for VistaPE a little while ago :) I like it for the same exact reasons and its now up to v3.12 If you are just doing a simple folder/file copy then this is the tool to use.

#5 Moon Goon

Moon Goon

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 270 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 02:19 PM

I may be just being paranoid, but, I always place a "\" in front of my source and target paths for Unstoppable Copier.

Like this:
SOURCE: C:\
TARGET: D:\RECOVERED\

Sometimes if I do not do that I get duplicate folders like
D:\RECOVERED\RECOVERED

Doesn't usually make a difference but why tempt fate?

#6 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 18 July 2007 - 02:45 PM

While copying with explorer it would just fail, guess there are more tools out there for this task - but this one works good enough.

Just for the record, this app is often handy:
http://www.ruahine.com/
http://www.ruahine.c...py-utility.html

Ycopy will copy the files from one drive to another just like a regular copy. The difference being that when it encounters a file that it can't copy (for whatever reason) it doesn't just give up. Instead it makes a note of the file(s) that couldn't be copied and moves on to the next one. When the copy process completes you are left with a printable report that you can then give to the client detailing the files which were unable to be copied. Making the job not only easier and much more predictable for you (you set it going and leave it to get on with the job, no more wasted time poring over directories and files) but more professional from the customers perspective (not only did you copy all their precious data that you could but you've given them a detailed list of files that were unable to be saved due to problems with the original disks file system.)

Then you can use a recovery program only on the files in the list.....:yahoo:

jaclaz

#7 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:30 AM

Yes, very good suggestion jaclaz - will create a script for it also! :yahoo:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users