#51 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 09 December 2021 - 01:21 PM

I do not think anybody meant that custom_*.txt was inappropriate, I am much keener on possibly lengthening the list, if it can be done. the picture I posted on the message above was meant for all intented purposes finalized to improving the vhd. Personalisms is a subject we practically know nothing about.

#52 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 09 December 2021 - 02:22 PM

as for the comfort of always having a "pristine system vhd" on bootup, which is achieved by using it exclusively as ramdisk, I beg to differ. What is it for? having the cleanest system at bootup? how about later? it is still in ram, so who gives a ...? well, up to a point. if I have a system running a whole day, there will be much more to the bulging than the initial 130 something megs. As a gauge, I would suggest the system as filedisk after having done all daily, routine-like, activities. that is a more reliable measure/yardstick, in my opinion --> think of working with pictures, or videos, situations in which the system with only 400megs free space won't even show thumbnails anymore. I am not sure that having a pristine system at bootup with some 700megs used space counts that much at that point.
there is more to it than the system writing to some files for the used size to bulge, or am I wrong?

#53 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  • Interests:Boot and Install from USB
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 09 December 2021 - 03:05 PM

Attached File  Debloat_2021-12-09 155358.png   597.68KB   0 downloads == Attached File  Debloat_2021-12-09 160258.png   574.65KB   0 downloads

Debloat Fresh Windows 10x64 21H2 Online -  Promising Result: After Running Win_Debloat_x64.exe and Reboot then:

Tasks Removed, Services Stopped and Disabled, WindowsApps Removed, WindowsUpdate Blocked and Defender Disabled, Clean Start Menu

• alacran likes this

#54 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 09 December 2021 - 07:41 PM

Good, it sounds the program will be very helpful to disable/remove/uninstall several items.

And as you previously told us you are using PowerShell to uninstall the apps, they should be properly uninstalled, deleting also their entries (Keys) in the Registry too, wich is the right way to do it.

Then it seems so far this program is not using BRUTE FORCE as Win_Reduce does in some cases.

alacran

• antonino61 likes this

#55 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 09 December 2021 - 07:56 PM

I know you are always open to suggestions, then after you evaluate them you take a decision.

I think I have some suggestions, related to add some small utilities/settings/tricks that could be useful for non advanced users, but I don't know if this is the right time to comment about this, please let me know when you have the time to listen to suggestions.

alacran

• antonino61 likes this

#56 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 09 December 2021 - 08:35 PM

I think I have some suggestions, related to add some small utilities/settings/tricks that could be useful for non advanced users, but I don't know if this is the right time to comment about this, please let me know when you have the time to listen to suggestions.

Please give your suggestions for utilities/settings/tricks that can be added to Win_Debloat_x64.exe

There are empty CheckBox places that can be used ....

I am busy now with Install SVBus driver with Win_Debloat_x64.exe

Adding the registry works OK, but instx64 does not work as desired. The confirmation dialogue does not appear.

So I think I will pause the program at that point so that you can launch manually instx64 as Administrator.

Tried several ways but nothing works good to automate running instx64 properly.

PowerRun I have used as Trusted Installer to run PowerShell script for disabling Defender and that works OK

Also PowerRun Trusted Installer is used with succes to remove all Tasks.

I think Win_Debloat_x64.exe is becoming a very useful Tool  :)

• antonino61 likes this

#57 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 09 December 2021 - 08:56 PM

Anytime's the right time.

#58 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 09 December 2021 - 10:29 PM

Please give your suggestions for utilities/settings/tricks that can be added to Win_Debloat_x64.exe

There are empty CheckBox places that can be used ....

I am busy now with Install SVBus driver with Win_Debloat_x64.exe

Adding the registry works OK, but instx64 does not work as desired. The confirmation dialogue does not appear.

So I think I will pause the program at that point so that you can launch manually instx64 as Administrator.

Tried several ways but nothing works good to automate running instx64 properly.

PowerRun I have used as Trusted Installer to run PowerShell script for disabling Defender and that works OK

Also PowerRun Trusted Installer is used with succes to remove all Tasks.

I think Win_Debloat_x64.exe is becoming a very useful Tool  :)

Ok, I will make a post with suggestions latter.

But firsts I will try to help you solve the SvBus driver issue. As I had a similar issue too.

Please allow me to tell you all the history as this way it will be documented for future reference (if required).

After making a new re-capture because of some changes, re-applied Mini VHD of 20H2 v2 (from Nov. 2020), I used SVBus_INST to offline install the SVBus driver, it finished the process fine and said all was made right.

But it wasn't able to Ramboot (the blue screen said device not foud or something like that), when Filedisk booting the SVBus driver didn't appear on device manager, but all its files were copied fine, then deleted the files and tried to install it manually again, even using PowerRun and same thing.

EDIT: Forgot to comment also tried running serviwin by nirsoft (alone and also launched by PowerRun) and saw the driver was in place but stoped, serviwin was not capable to to enable it.

Then booted from my Mini VHD of 20H1 and exported the Registry Key related to SvBus, attached for your convenience.

Rebooted from the VHD of 20H2 and this time using PowerRun repeated all the process, deleting first all the files from previous intents, after this in following order installed:

1. EVRootCA.reg
  2. instx64.exe
  3. SVBus-20H1.reg

After this went to device Manager and under Storage Controlers or drivers (I'm not running an English version, so I don't know the exact name), it was a new unknown device, made right click on it, selected properties and on next screen saw no drivers installed, then selected install/update the drivers and the OS found and loaded the driver very fine, and SVBus was now shown on Device Manager.

SVBus-20H1.7z password = alacran

Hope this can be useful for you, or at least give you some ideas.

alacran

Attached Files

Edited by alacran, 10 December 2021 - 04:53 AM.

#59 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 09 December 2021 - 11:10 PM

JFYI

On post No. 33 attached the new file: Utilities New versions-UPDATED.7z   366.71KB

On post No. 40 the 0 bytes list was updated.

alacran

#60 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 10 December 2021 - 12:04 AM

@ wimb

Thinking in non advanced users, this are my suggestions to include in you new program Win_Debloat:

I know some of them are included in the OS, but a little hiden.

dissable/enable all usual icons on desktop

dissable/enable Hiberboot (Fast Boot)
dissable/enable Hibernate
dissable/enable Pagefile and swap file
dissable/enable Test mode (Testsigning) and integrity checks, BootIce could be used for this.
dissable/enable Meltdown and/or Spectre mitigation, Inspectre could be used for this.
Switch (toggle) GUI mode boot and Legacy mode boot,  BootIce could be used for this.
install/uninstall Context menus, attached, to install and uninstall run as TI using PowerRun.

Of course final decision is yours my friend, and I will not argue it.

EDIT: Attached a photo of context menu shown when we make a right click on PC icon, and select Administrative Tools.

This package also contain the requided Scripts to create the Reg Keys to add context menu entries for a right click on desktop, or on any window, giving us the options to open a Command or a PowerShell window located on that place (drive\folder), both as user or as admin.

NOTE: If latter we cut/delete some parts of the OS, some of this very handy shortcuts may stop working as the target file on certain links may be not present anymore, as an example after apply Win_Reduce the capavility to run Event viewer and Tasks scheduler was lost.

EDIT-2: Forgot to add Context menus.7z file password = alacran

alacran

Attached Files

Edited by alacran, 14 December 2021 - 12:51 AM.

#61 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 10 December 2021 - 05:52 AM

@ wimb

I'm 99 % sure you already know how to deal with the commands and/or reg files required to enable the first four lines suggested in previous post, but just to let future readers know: they are also included into following packages.

Very possibly you can find additional inspiration in some of the files contained into following packages.

Misc_ExtraScripts.7z, password = alacran

It has a set of tricks (Scripts and reg files) applicable from 8.x to 10 on separate folders, included into MDL Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3  NOTE: Requires to be a (free) registered user to fully open the link.

JFX_tweaks.7z, password = alacran

It has almost al tricks (on separate folders for NT5 and NT6 OSs) included in WinNTSetup by JFX

I don't know if you have some of the tricks (Scripts and/or reg files) included on both, but just in case I attached them here.

Some tricks could require to run as TI, as the new OS versions may have increased the registry protected areas.

alacran

Attached Files

Edited by alacran, 10 December 2021 - 07:29 AM.

• antonino61 likes this

#62 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 10 December 2021 - 07:54 AM

@alacran

Thanks a lot for all useful Tweaks and Info.  :)

It helps a lot to Add these utilities/settings/tricks to Win_Debloat_x64 Program.

I am sure that the first version will not yet contain everything,

but my plan is to let it grow in time as we get our shared experiences with the new program.

• alacran likes this

#63 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 10 December 2021 - 08:40 AM

You are welcome my friend, it was a pleasure to share some info I have, that could be useful for your new program.

And yes, I'm agree, it's a good idea to release the test versions of the program so we can start testing it, this will let you know comments about users experiences using it. No matter if there are some parts still blank in its window, as we all know they are for future use as this is a work in process.

I only have two questions:

Did you finaly solved the SVBus driver installation?

Will it be only focused on 21H2, or can it be used let's say from 20H1 up to 21H2?

Because I decided to keep using longer my new versions (LZX and WB) of 20H1 Mini VHD, as they are the smaller possible I was able to achieve.

But in any case, you can be sure I will install 21H2 if required, even if it is only for testing your new program.

alacran

• wimb likes this

#64 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 10 December 2021 - 08:51 AM

Did you finaly solved the SVBus driver installation?

Will it be only focused on 21H2, or can it be used let's say from 20H1 up to 21H2?

I have tried to use your SVBus Service Registry, but no succes ....

I expect the problem to Install SVBus driver by program is the same for 21H2 and 20H1

When I do it Manually by Run as Admin instx64.exe then everything works OK.

So for the time being we do this part Manually .....

• antonino61 likes this

#65 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 10 December 2021 - 09:12 AM

Bad news, but at least it works manually.

By the way I'm not very familiar yet, with some features of WnNTSetup v5.3 and I have some questions, that you can help me to solve:

Is it recommended to always use MergeIDE_XXXX.ini? Is it required in new OS versions? or in which cases it should be used?

Do you use WinNTSetup.ini?  If so could you share it?

alacran

• antonino61 likes this

#66 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 11 December 2021 - 07:22 AM

Download:  from wimb GitHub  -  Win_Debloat-20 - New Magic Experience   :magic:  :newyear:

Download File E = Encrypted PassWord = bootwimb

Manual:   VHD_WIMBOOT.pdf   - Download:  Win10_21H2 x64 ISO

Preferred is to use Win10x64 as Normal Operating System with Defender and AV Software Disabled

- Allows Easy Mount / UnMount of VHD and Prevents Attacks on SVBus Driver

- Otherwise use Win10XPE as Norwal working OS so that there is no problem with Defender attacking SVBus driver

1. WinNTSetup do Fresh Install of Win10x64 in VHD - Take care that Internet Cable is Disconnected - Page 1-2 of Manual and Settings

2. Boot with VHD and Run Win_Debloat_x64.exe - Debloat Online Windows and Install SVBus Driver

3. Reboot VHD first as FILEDISK from Boot Manager Menu - to make Install of SVBus driver effective

in Windows Boot Manager Menu Requires F8 Disable driver signature enforcement needed for SVBus Driver

4. Boot other Win10x64 OS - Mount VHD by Double Click - Run Win_Reduce_Trusted.cmd - Reduce Offline Windows

5. UnMount VHD by Eject - use R-Mouse on VHD Drive in Windows Explorer

6. Use VHD_WIMBOOT_Trusted.cmd for Capture and Apply of WIM file in New Mini-10x64.vhd Size 2.5 GB

7. Boot Mini-10x64 VHD from RAMDISK - Connect first time to Internet using Potable FireFox - All changes in OS are volatile

Booting from RAMDISK - Use Steps 6-10 on page 1 of Manual VHD_WIMBOOT PDF

Thanks to:

W4RH4WK Debloat PowerShell scripts

Windows Update Blocker from Sordum

PowerRun from Sordum

schtrom for making SVBus Virtual SCSI Host Adapter for GRUB4DOS

- Best Answer

- Several times Press Enter key to let the Program Win_Debloat_x64 Continue

- it allows to view intermediate results and give instructions on How to Install Manually SVBus driver

Attached File  Win_Debloat_2021-12-11_082548.jpg   32.99KB   0 downloads == Attached File  Win_Debloat_2021-12-11_082619.jpg   37.66KB   0 downloads == Attached File  Win_Debloat_2021-12-11_101554.jpg   165.48KB   0 downloads == Attached File  Win_Debloat_2021-12-11_104915.jpg   78.63KB   0 downloads

Tasks Removed, Services Stopped and Disabled, WindowsApps Removed, WindowsUpdate Blocked and Defender Disabled, Clean Start Menu

Debloat_2021-12-09 160258.png == Debloat_2021-12-09 155358.png == Mini-10x64_VHD_RAMDISK_2021-12-12_093931.jpg

:cheers:

• alacran and devdevadev like this

#67 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 12 December 2021 - 11:34 AM

POPULAR

By the way I'm not very familiar yet, with some features of WnNTSetup v5.3 and I have some questions, that you can help me to solve:

Is it recommended to always use MergeIDE_XXXX.ini? Is it required in new OS versions? or in which cases it should be used?

Do you use WinNTSetup.ini?  If so could you share it?

Attached you will find my WinNTSetup Settings

- WinNTSetup.ini  - General purpose .ini  - UseWimLIB=2 means Apply with WimGAPI and Capture with wimlib

- WinNTSetup_Inst-10.ini - used for Install of Win10x64 21H2 in Fixed VHD with 1 partition size 25 GB - Apply with WimGAPI in XPRESS4K mode

- WimScript.ini used for Capture with the commonly used Exclusions as we use in our WimBootCompress.ini

- Tweaks and Settings as in WinNTSetup_2021-12-12_114348.jpg

- MergeIDE_xxx.ini is Not used for Install of Win 10/11 ,

but is needed to tweak the registry with xxx in case of XP = 2600 and Win 7 = 7600  and Win 8 = 9200

My Win10_21H2_Dutch_x64.iso Version 19044 is showing wrong Version as 20H1 Version 19041

Attached File  WinNTSetup_2021-12-12_114348.jpg   87.34KB   4 downloads == Attached File  WIM_Info_2021-12-12 140158.png   44.18KB   0 downloads

Attached File  WinNTSetup_Settings.zip   204.02KB   63 downloads

• alacran, devdevadev and antonino61 like this

#68 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 13 December 2021 - 02:47 PM

EDIT: Attached a photo of context menu shown when we make a right click on PC icon, and select Administrative Tools.

This package also contain the requided Scripts to create the Reg Keys to add context menu entries for a right click on desktop, or on any window, giving us the options to open a Command or a PowerShell window located on that place (drive\folder), both as user or as admin.

The Admin-Tools Context Menu as shown in the picture seems interesting.

The ContextMenus_Admin-Tools.cmd is missing, but I assume should have been in the Attachment Context menus.7z

For Admin-Tools there is only the Remove-Admin-Tools-CTMenu.cmd file

#69 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 13 December 2021 - 11:40 PM

The Admin-Tools Context Menu as shown in the picture seems interesting.

The ContextMenus_Admin-Tools.cmd is missing, but I assume should have been in the Attachment Context menus.7z

For Admin-Tools there is only the Remove-Admin-Tools-CTMenu.cmd file

It is into Context menus.7z file, its name is AutoTranslated-PC-CTMenu-names.cmd

alacan

#70 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 14 December 2021 - 04:40 AM

It is into Context menus.7z file, its name is AutoTranslated-PC-CTMenu-names.cmd

That script does NOT work for me. Apparently nothing happens, there is no context menu added in R-mouse on My Computer icon.

Can you give the original script  for PC-CTMenu ?

#71 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 14 December 2021 - 06:45 AM

It is the original and with the original name the author gave to it when I ofered for testing the package in Nov. 2018 (as you can see in files dates).

It workrs fine on 7, 8.x and 10 (I have it so far in all my PEs and OSs up to 10 20H2).

In old 10 versions it was enought to tun it as Admin, but in recent 10 versions I have found it requires to run it as TI (I usually do it by means of PowerRun).

I use to copy into PowerRun folder the Context menus folder renamed to ContextMenus, run PowerRun (x86 or x64 as required), open the ContextMenus folder and drag and drop to PowerRun window:

AutoTranslated-PC-CTMenu-names.cmd  >>> you could try renaming it first to let's say PC-CTMenu.cmd to shorten the path, maybe that could help.
ContextMenus_CommandPrompt.cmd
ContextMenus_PShellPrompt.cmd

After this, on PowerRun window, selecting one by one, and making right click on each one select to Ejecute the File (first option) and make a left click, please see attached picture.

But so far never tested on 21H2.

alacran

Attached Files

• wimb likes this

#72 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 30 December 2021 - 10:02 AM

What is your favorite Win10x64 ISO giving the smallest Mini-10x64 ?

#73 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 30 December 2021 - 03:30 PM

It is:

Release Identifier    : 2004
Build Information     : 19041.1.amd64fre.vb_release.191206-1406
Reference Version     : 10.0.19041.1

1.41 GB used space on a 2 GB VHD, please see attached picture.

alacran

Attached Files

#74 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 30 December 2021 - 05:51 PM

Release Identifier    : 2004

Build Information     : 19041.1.amd64fre.vb_release.191206-1406
Reference Version     : 10.0.19041.1

Great, I will use the English version 2004 to build Mini-10x64

In the mean time I make progress with Un-Install of Windows Optional Features.

Besides Windows Media Player and Internet Explorer, I have made now PowerShell script

that can Un-Install any Windows Optional Feature and  Windows Capability.

I think Mini-10x64 can still evolve and that more reduction of e.g. System32 folder is possible ....

• antonino61 likes this

#75 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 30 December 2021 - 08:38 PM

and u r right again, at least so far - in the meantime, I have come across the new version (12, I think) of msg* toolkit and gave it a try. well I can tell u that at least this version completes the process and leads u to a complete up-and-running system even if u have taken off everything "offtakeable" (u know, minuses in lieu of pluses everywhere). allowing for a completion of an up and running system after "taking off everything allowed" is somewhat unprecedented in my experience. whether it has really taken off all those things or not, I am not yet sure apart from the optional components, at least as shown by win debloat, which rightly debloats none of them if none of them is there anymore. as for the rest of what has nominally been taken off, I repeat, let me check, that is the reason why I said wimb is right again. in a bit then, let me see what winreducer does. i still have the suspicion that the toolkit has not done what it promises because it has come out with an iso twice or thrice the original, but that might as well be a compression failure. Let's see.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wimboot, compact, portables, winpe

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users