#1 Dovakin94

Dovakin94
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    Israel

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:29 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm working with the winbuilder 082 and the win7pese project, with a win7x64.

What are my possibilities to increase the default 512MB cache size in order to get more writable space on the boot drive(at least 3GB and yes I have enough ram for this).

I do need to extend the boot X: size not just create another drive with ImDisk Virtual Drive Management in order to get enough space to install .net framework 4.0(I could not find a working script for .netFx 4.0).

Thank you for your help.

#2 Tony4219

Tony4219

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 24 March 2015 - 08:13 PM

It would be great to have a lot more space on X: !!

I don't really know enough to help you with this, but having used Winbuilder 080 for a while, and knowing it is very similar to 082, there are limitations on what MSFT calls the 'scratch space' (free area on the preinstalation environment) for WindowsPE (WIM systems).  Winbuilder 080 seems to use 128MB as default scratch space. Not sure if 082 uses 512MB or not. I didn't see anything in the changelog from 080 to 082 mentioning scratch space.

I left a script that can be run to increase to 512MB on Winbuilder 080, which is the LIMIT you can do with the DISM.exe tool.

There is a way to manually hack registry, after building the WIM, to go up to 1024MB scratch space. I was able to finally try this. joakim left some forum notes in 2009 that he tried higher than that and found other problems.

From what I have read, I don't think you'll ever get to 3GB scratch space on WIM system, like Winbuilder 080 or 082. MSFT  started WinPE as a Recovery or  Rescue Disk method. similarly Winbuilder is not a fully functional operating system. You can do amazing things, but it still has limitations.

see http://reboot.pro/to...at-1024-ramdisk-size/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users