BartPE plugins in WinBuilder project

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:56 PM

Since version 075 beta WinBuilder has powerful functions to 'understand' BartPE plugins.

Generally you can use three different ways:
  • Use WinBuilder's Tools button >> Convert tab to generate a WinBuilder script.
  • Copy the plugin's folder into the WinBuilder project tree, e.g. into 'Apps'
    This means the complete folder inclusive *.inf, *.xml and maybe additional files and / or a files subfolder. Do not copy *.cab files only; they are not recognized!
    Winbuilder will 'translate' the plugin on the fly and process it.
  • Map plugins into your project:
    Inside %ProjectDir%\Apps\folder.project define the plugin(s) in the section [Link].
    Possible is
  • A complete Repository like:
    [Links]
    V:\UBCD4Win\plugin\*.*
  • Some single plugins like
    [Links]
    V:\UBCD4Win\plugin\File\Explorers\a43\*.*
    V:\UBCD4Win\plugin\AntiSpyware\AVG_AS
    etc.
Here also Winbuilder will 'translate' the plugin on the fly and process it.

In all cases the project tree shows the plugins besides the scripts. You can select or deselect them in the known way, to include or exclude them in the build.

WinBuilder needs some [Variables] definitions to work with BartPE plugins.
These definitions are made by including Basic >> Build >> InfSupport.Script to the build.

This script can also be used to add a plugin collection. Attention: this removes all previous present mappings!

InfSupport.Script is for nativeEx_based projects only! Other projects must define the variables in their way.

Please always remember:
WinBuilder does not claim to be a BartPE clone which has all functionality BartPE has.
It gives you however the ability to process many BartPE plugins into your WinBuilder PE.

There are rarelly situations that WinBuilder cannot process a plugin correctly. In this case the issue is mentioned in the log. In this case you can try to convert the plugin manually into a script and to edit the script and add some other necessary information.

One situation which cannot be handled by WinBuilder is e.g. the @GetEnvironment function of Nu2Menu

Have fun with testing!

Peter

BTW: You can download a 'Tutorial' nativeEx_barebone_075 project here.

#2 ispy

ispy

Silver Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 646 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 03:26 PM

Hi Peter :) ,

Tis an honour to see the master craftsman at work :) , Nice one!

Regards & Respect,

ispy :)

#3 rawr

rawr

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 163 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 10:12 AM

i like ! , j'aime , ich mag !!! , eu gosto !!
(sorry if this makes no sence i used a fish to translate 4me :) )

related-info
NativeEx_barebone_075.zip -6.91mb -download

just over 10min to process and build my xp-source.iso

booted into vm when compleet !!! smooth

total iso size just under 70mb ,
90% smaler than xp-source.iso

clearly :) majic of sum sort at work hear ..

:)

#4 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 04 July 2008 - 12:07 PM

It's clearly sorcery without doubt.. :)

Congrats to Peter.

:)

#5 petcomp

petcomp

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
    South Africa

Posted 14 October 2011 - 07:31 PM

I have not felt the magic yet...still cannot convert Seagate Discwizard......all conversions fail!

#6 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 15 October 2011 - 07:51 AM

I have not felt the magic yet...still cannot convert Seagate Discwizard......all conversions fail!

Please always remember:
WinBuilder does not claim to be a BartPE clone which has all functionality BartPE has.
It gives you however the ability to process many BartPE plugins into your WinBuilder PE.

There are rarelly situations that WinBuilder cannot process a plugin correctly. In this case the issue is mentioned in the log. In this case you can try to convert the plugin manually into a script and to edit the script and add some other necessary information.

Can you post the plugin or a link to the plugin?

Peter

#7 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:20 AM

Just an idea :), but maybe if instead of posting n threads about your problems with the conversion of a specific BartPE plugin, you start a new thread asking for help with reaching the actual goal, which is presumably to have that Seagate Diskwizard thingy working in some winbuilder project, you would avaoid reviving a number of old threads AND possibly get some more help.
I mean, it seems like your problem is:
"I would like to have Seagate whatever working in a <project name> build." (as opposed to "I tried the converter and it doesn't work.").
More generally the conversion of a BartPE plugin is not an "exact science", some plugins are converted "by sheer magic", some need manual intervention, and even for those that work, there is the possibility of a conflict with another .script, or if you prefer this:

One situation which cannot be handled by WinBuilder is e.g. the @GetEnvironment function of Nu2Menu

means exactly what it is written :thumbup:, it may work, but YMMV :ph34r:.

:cheers:
Wonko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users