210 replies to this topic

#176 bloodhand

bloodhand

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 22 June 2019 - 07:20 AM

You could also post the drivers that worked for you, would be useful.

This is my guide for Acer Spin 5: http://forum.noteboo...-laptop.829379/

Edited by bloodhand, 22 June 2019 - 07:22 AM.

#177 bloodhand

bloodhand

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 22 June 2019 - 04:42 PM

Ill be uploading a video on my youtube channel, ill make sure to edit in credit for cannon king, and make it for kabby lake processors only, hopefully we can get the video views. Ill try getting it uploaded by tomorrow

WIth my driver it works only for kaby lake.

WIth canonkong's driver works for coffe lake (which you also have).

So you could do 2 separate videos.

#178 popoof22

popoof22

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 127 posts
  •  
    Tajikstan

Posted 22 June 2019 - 05:02 PM

You could also post the drivers that worked for you, would be useful.

This is my guide for Acer Spin 5: http://forum.noteboo...-laptop.829379/

I think you shoud acutally have all the drver links

https://yadi.sk/d/XbeizsLv1W3HsAthis was for the usbs, i installed them using mini 10, and then i had to update them in device manger

I went back to device manager and found the none working ethernet driver, get the compatible hardware id for it at the top, and searched it online, turns out the drivers from this site do work

https://drp.su/en/hw...s=windows-7-x64so myabe have a look around their and you might get something

Also for my wirseless internet they have a driver here as well https://drp.su/en/hw...=windows-10-x64Just install it the same way as the Ethernet

And the only last driver i had to then use was my gtx 1050 https://www.geforce.com/drivers, you dont need to modify it, just use it normally.

See if you go to intels site and install the wireless driver for windows 7 all you keep getting is no intel r device found, i dont know why that is.

I also have one more question in terms of drivers. Im trying to hook up my gamecube controller to dolphin, using the smash bros wii u port thingy, is their any drivers i would need to install for that?

If theirs any specific drivers ill be sure to send them to you

Ill have a search for blue touth drivers too

#179 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 22 June 2019 - 06:17 PM

@ popoof22

I'm curious about what driver you used finally for UHD 630, including all modifications, catalog and signature, etc.

Could you upload it somewhere and post a link?

I don't require it since my install on SSD is with MBR partition and also I can enable CSM, so Win7 don't have any problem during install using its included generic video driver, but I think it can be very useful for other members or future readers of this topic.

I'm glad you finally make your equipment work on Win7 OS. Congratulations.

alacran

• popoof22 likes this

#180 bloodhand

bloodhand

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 22 June 2019 - 07:42 PM

@alacran read the whole topic, use the driver from yadisk link with my guide, except you don't modify the driver anymore, you only need to sign it, then follow the guide.

@popoof22 the first link is NOT for usb, it's the canonkong's uhd video driver. Post the correct link for USB 3.0 driver

Edited by bloodhand, 22 June 2019 - 07:45 PM.

#181 popoof22

popoof22

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 127 posts
  •  
    Tajikstan

Posted 22 June 2019 - 09:06 PM

OOF xd sorry bout that blood hand, uhhh uhhhh ill send you the driver link in private dm ill ask him for permission if i can link them public

#182 popoof22

popoof22

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 127 posts
  •  
    Tajikstan

Posted 22 June 2019 - 09:08 PM

@ popoof22

I'm curious about what driver you used finally for UHD 630, including all modifications, catalog and signature, etc.

Could you upload it somewhere and post a link?

I don't require it since my install on SSD is with MBR partition and also I can enable CSM, so Win7 don't have any problem during install using its included generic video driver, but I think it can be very useful for other members or future readers of this topic.

I'm glad you finally make your equipment work on Win7 OS. Congratulations.

alacran

I sent you an dm

#183 popoof22

popoof22

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 127 posts
  •  
    Tajikstan

Posted 23 June 2019 - 05:07 PM

For some reason wufuc just wont work, i always keep trying to install updates but it never works. Maybe i should have had not used the slimed iso. Some features like making cmd files arent working too.

#184 bloodhand

bloodhand

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 23 June 2019 - 06:14 PM

With my slimmed versions you will never get windows update to work. I really don't recommend it, it makes windows bigger and bigger and it will be slower. On my old laptop i'm using a version with updates until may 2016 and it's still working great, no issues.

Wufuc takes care of some drivers to work, without it they won't.

Edited by bloodhand, 23 June 2019 - 06:15 PM.

#185 popoof22

popoof22

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 127 posts
  •  
    Tajikstan

Posted 23 June 2019 - 06:49 PM

With my slimmed versions you will never get windows update to work. I really don't recommend it, it makes windows bigger and bigger and it will be slower. On my old laptop i'm using a version with updates until may 2016 and it's still working great, no issues.

Wufuc takes care of some drivers to work, without it they won't.

Is their any to get them to work? Saves the time of installing a new iso. All i just need is the secuirty updates.

Maybe i just need to install sp1.

If i do it might be a good idea to install server 2008, cause it can provide me more, it works on vista but not sure on 7

#186 bloodhand

bloodhand

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 24 June 2019 - 05:03 AM

You need to use untouched iso for updates to work.

#187 popoof22

popoof22

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 127 posts
  •  
    Tajikstan

Posted 24 June 2019 - 04:36 PM

It says i was able to install KB4495606 and a secuirty update too

if perhaps say i wanted to switch the ios version is their any way to do so without losing my data? Cant get the os installed with the part where you choice your drive and upgrade, dont think just applying the image again would work either.

#188 bloodhand

bloodhand

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 25 June 2019 - 05:18 AM

Upgrade won't work. Do a fresh install.

#189 bloodhand

bloodhand

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 29 June 2019 - 08:30 PM

Don't make confusion between our CPUs. So be careful when you make the tutorial videos that my method is for Kaby Lake and yours (my guide with special uhd 630 driver) is for Coffee Lake.

You have a Coffee Lake (H series, that means 3rd generation Coffee Lake), not a Kaby Lake: https://en.wikichip....ore_i5/i5-8300h

I have a Kaby Lake (R series, this is a 2nd generation Kaby Lake): https://en.wikichip....ore_i7/i7-8550u

#190 popoof22

popoof22

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 127 posts
  •  
    Tajikstan

Posted 29 June 2019 - 10:07 PM

Don't make confusion between our CPUs. So be careful when you make the tutorial videos that my method is for Kaby Lake and yours (my guide with special uhd 630 driver) is for Coffee Lake.

You have a Coffee Lake (H series, that means 3rd generation Coffee Lake), not a Kaby Lake: https://en.wikichip....ore_i5/i5-8300h

I have a Kaby Lake (R series, this is a 2nd generation Kaby Lake): https://en.wikichip....ore_i7/i7-8550u

Okie dokie, i was about to upload, however due to "terroism" yotuube gave me a strike on my channel for no reason. I should be able to upload it now.

#191 popoof22

popoof22

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 127 posts
  •  
    Tajikstan

Posted 01 July 2019 - 06:12 AM

Okay its uploaded

Note i lost my sony vages project file so all i had left was the rendered video so i just made it so that people knew to use coffe lake in the description.

Ill need to add more credits into the video tho.

#192 popoof22

popoof22

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 127 posts
  •  
    Tajikstan

Posted 03 July 2019 - 03:16 PM

Upgrade won't work. Do a fresh install.

I am just a tad bit consider about my secuirty on the slimmed version now.

What is the easyiest way to get all my data from this version to the normal version? Because i have a good amount of stuff on here now.

I could install it on a different partition, and then when its installed i could just copy all the stuff from this pc, every thing in the users folder and programs folder and app data and all that.

#193 bloodhand

bloodhand

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 03 July 2019 - 05:11 PM

Use partition magic or something similar to divide the hdd in multiple partitions. Then move all data to 2nd partition. Then using our guide do not clean the hdd using diskpart. Only mount EFI partition as S: and then just format them maintaining the existing file system. Then you already have an empty C drive for windows and an empty S drive for the EFI, then follow the guide. Meanwhile you have everything sitting in D.

If you ever plan to reinstall, when creating the first partition with ntfs you can specify "size=" in MB, so 20GB in MB would be 20x1024+1=20481MB, always use this formula to get perfectly rounded size, otherwise you get 19,9GB.

Easier is using external hdd, backup what you need and start over.

Further you cannot just move installed apps and stuff from one installation to another. Won't work.

Edited by bloodhand, 03 July 2019 - 05:16 PM.

#194 popoof22

popoof22

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 127 posts
  •  
    Tajikstan

Posted 04 July 2019 - 03:07 PM

I forgot to mention something very important. And explains why i was confused in the comments.

When i got 7 to work, i used a the slimmed version and the driver from cannonking just how it was, i didnt modify anything.

I am trying now on a clean boot with the larger normal versions of 7 and they just will not install. They are coming up as the same issue as last time. Rebooting but just stays on black screen.

Slimmed version will reboot fast, only takes 5 minutes for it, and will then be on a completely blank screen for just a minute, then the screen will get power and then it will say checking device performance.

I believe the issue is maybe because their old, what i might try doing is using the newer full 2018 ones and see if they work. Because of right now only the slimmed version is working for me.

#195 bloodhand

bloodhand

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 05 July 2019 - 05:23 AM

Yes, that may be the cause, because some updates would take care of some issues. Always use recent versions with updates integrated, do not use outdated versions. I always use recent versions and further never use windows update.

Use this: https://www.teamos-h...-team-os.76902/. This is what I used as source for the slimmed version. All updates till March 2019.

#196 popoof22

popoof22

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 127 posts
  •  
    Tajikstan

Posted 05 July 2019 - 07:30 AM

So i retested, the only two versions i can find to be installed is the slimmed, and i got an ultimate version from microfosft witch has updates from august last year.

I tried with the driver how it was, and how we did it in the guide but it didnt effect anything for me, Home premium, Home Basic, Professinal, didnt try enterprise, or all in one, would not work.

It only seems that ultimate seems to be working. Hopfulley ill be able to do some guide to get ultimate to professinal for the extra 3 years of secuirty updates with my volume license.

#197 popoof22

popoof22

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 127 posts
  •  
    Tajikstan

Posted 05 July 2019 - 08:39 AM

For somereason wufuc doesnt seem to be doing anything at all, i install and restart, but after antoher restart, it doesnt do anything

#198 popoof22

popoof22

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 127 posts
  •  
    Tajikstan

Posted 08 July 2019 - 08:41 PM

i also made this https://www.youtube....h?v=g-bNUGywUYQ

#199 bloodhand

bloodhand

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 09 July 2019 - 04:08 PM

Nice, but remember using Windows Update destroys your installation in terms of disk usage and performance. Whenever you install an update, it makes a backup copy so you basically have both (unupdated and updated) of some files. This increases disk usage unnecesarry because come on why would you uninstall an update? So it is better to have an ISO with updates untill present and never use Windows Update because come on you are not a vital company that would lose billions of dollars due to a security breach. I'm more than an average Windows user and I still use my selfmade Windows version which has updates untill May 2016. I've never had any problems. When it's really time to reinstall simply make yourself or download an iso with the most recent updates included and you're good to go for another long while. Trust me, I don't speak just like that.

#200 popoof22

popoof22

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 127 posts
  •  
    Tajikstan

Posted 09 July 2019 - 09:51 PM

Eh, im not the biggest on loading speeds so im okay. My last laptop toke 40 minutes eatch time just to get started.
See i wouldnt do that with all the updates just up to one point, as it would be annoying to reinstall the iso espically in our situation. It may run okay for you but theirs also slight chances that trojans can get on their.

Honestley i hope moderen micorosft dies in a fire, and finnaly realeases a new version of windows. Witch has themes like 7 did.So that the people who maybe feel home sick from xp can get an offical made proper theme. Not no crappy classic shell stuff. And gives you controll back over your pc and is like an operating system, not a service.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows, windows7, usb, codeing, acer, nitro5, laptop, intel, cpu, drivers

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users