#351 misty

misty

Gold Member

• Developer
  • 1069 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 21 January 2018 - 10:20 PM

Forgot to mention MistyPE\MistyPE.Project.Output is another big folder mine is now 1.04 GB. Perhaps it deserves same treatment as MistyPE\Projects\Cache\source.

This folder is automatically deleted on project reruns, however it seems sensible to add an option to delete it if required without the need to run the project - for those too lazy to manually delete it! :whistling:

Misty

P.s. A new release is on it's way. Hope you are in the mood for testing it!
  • alacran likes this

#352 misty

misty

Gold Member

• Developer
  • 1069 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:12 PM

Project updated -

* PEBakery updated to 0.9.2 beta 2

* Changes to source file caching. Multiple caches can now be stored and will be named based on source build number and processor architecture. E.g. 6.3.9600.x86 - Windows 8.1 32-bit.

* ADK project script removed.

* Opera updated to OperaUSB 12.18.

* SumatraPDF updated to 3.1.2.

* New ADK project included in the MistyPE download. Select using the directory tree in the left panel in WinBuilder / PEBakery. Documentation for the new ADK project is also included in the MistyPE download(readme_ADK.htm)

* FileBox fixed to browse for a directory and not a file in relevant scripts.

* Error checking improved.

* Additional option added to Boot.media > Create ISO script to create an iso file using a dynamic name (based on date and time) that will be created in the project root directory. Refer to the help information under the Advanced tab > option 6] WinPE.iso.

* Additional options added to Tools > Advanced Options.

* Tools > Update Project script updated to include two new options. This will allow future project updates if running PEBakery.

* Erwan.l's Offlinereg added to tools. This great program allows offline editing of registry hives - bypassing ACL restrictions.
  • alacran and Atari800XL like this

#353 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 22 January 2018 - 03:53 AM

Update button on project said all was update, downloading manually from download page, by the way you need to update this page too.

Attached Thumbnails

• MistyPE.png

• misty likes this

#354 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 22 January 2018 - 04:28 AM

I do not see an option to disable ADK if I want to run only MistyPE.

All scripts on MistyPE can be disabled one by one or block by block.

It seems to me we need an option to disable totally ADK part in a single option button, also it may be good same thing for MistyPE Part.

I do not want to go against your decisions in any way but I liked better when they were separate projects.

Also smaller download if you only want one part and not both.

#355 misty

misty

Gold Member

• Developer
  • 1069 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 22 January 2018 - 07:57 AM

Update button on project said all was update, downloading manually from download page, by the way you need to update this page too.

The version number on the update page has been fixed. Thanks. :thumbsup:

I'll update the file on my server that is executed when using the update button in builds prior to the new 2018-01-21 release later. I'm away from home for the day.

I've had to implement a way of updating the build engine that was never previously an issue before the inclusion of PEBakery - which is a moving target. As WinBuilder is no longer in development, only scripts and tools ever needed updating in the past - WinBuilder (running and executing the updates) always remained untouched.

I do not see an option to disable ADK if I want to run only MistyPE.

All scripts on MistyPE can be disabled one by one or block by block.

It seems to me we need an option to disable totally ADK part in a single option button, also it may be good same thing for MistyPE Part....

Only the project selected in the directory tree is executed. This is the default behaviour in both WinBuilder and PEBakery.

...I do not want to go against your decisions in any way but I liked better when they were separate projects.

Also smaller download if you only want one part and not both.

I'm happy to consider other opinions. I will definitely be keeping the ADK as a separate project and will consider removing it from the MistyPE download. Consider though - the ADK project and instructions add less than 1 MB to the MistyPE download package - and not much more than this when unpacked. There is a lot of duplication in tools used across both projects, and the only tool in the ADK that is not used in MistyPE (yet) is Erwan.l's TinyDISM.

Also, the previous MistyPE ADK script was getting rather complicated and the new project adds functionality and keeps this rarely used part of MistyPE separate.
  • alacran likes this

#356 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 22 January 2018 - 09:36 AM

...the ADK project and instructions add less than 1 MB to the MistyPE download package - and not much more than this when unpacked. There is a lot of duplication in tools used across both projects, and the only tool in the ADK that is not used in MistyPE (yet) is Erwan.l's TinyDISM.

Also, the previous MistyPE ADK script was getting rather complicated and the new project adds functionality and keeps this rarely used part of MistyPE separate.

If this is the case, keep it together.

Made a new build from 10x64 Pro OS using as source Win10 Fall Creator Update 1709 and PEBakery as builder.

Build was sucessfull, no problems.  Booting fine too.

#357 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 24 January 2018 - 11:02 PM

Just in order to keep all info available for future visitors of this thread:

Using boot.wim from ADK Project on MistyPE Project http://reboot.pro/to...e-2#entry205800

alacran

#358 misty

misty

Gold Member

• Developer
  • 1069 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 29 January 2018 - 01:40 PM

Project updated. Thanks to Slore and Darren Rose and the files required to get a drag drop and b file copy progress working in pe topic the following has been added -
  • File Copy Progress dialog in Windows 10.0.15063 and 10.0.16299
  • WallpaperHost.exe is removed from WinPE as it causes screen refresh issues - for example may file managers are not refreshing after files are copied/moved/renamed, etc. Screen refresh is now working on Windows 8.* and Windows 10.* builds.
  • Offlinereg updated
  • Browse For Folders changed to add the file dependencies to \Windows\System32\
  • Some improvements if the program folder is copied and used in a different WinPE (e.g. basic ADK) - if the Windows file versions in the new WinPE match the source file versions in the MistyPE build then File copy Progress and Drag N Drop and Browse for Folders will be added. WARNING - processor architectures are not checked at the moment - this will be added to a future release.
Update from the most recent 2018-01-21 build, select the Tools > Update Project script and click on any of the three buttons to apply the update.

Please let me know if any issues arise from the removal of WallpaperHost.exe.

:cheers:

Misty
  • Atari800XL likes this

#359 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:02 PM

Made a build using as source Win10 x64 1709 and PEBakery as builder.

Build was sucessfull, no problems.

• misty likes this

#360 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:24 PM

@misty

Just made a build using as source Win8.1_Spanish_x64.iso and WB082 as builder. Running OS 7x64, AV turn OFF

Build failed (Twice):

[Failed]  (common.script) FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Projects\Cache\source\6.3.9600.x64\Dependencies\Windows\System32\OneCoreUAPCommonProxyStub.dll] to: [%BaseDir%\MistyPE.Project.Output\ROOT\Programs\FileCopyProgress\6.3.9600\OneCoreUAPCommonProxyStub.dll]: The system can not find the specified file.

Tryed with 2 diferent 8.1x64 Isos (to check if Iso was corrupt), and same problem

About an hour before I made another build: 10x64 1709 to test WiXSell Builder WB082. Running OS 7x64, AV turn OFF

This Build was sucessfull, no problems.

alacran

• misty likes this

#361 misty

misty

Gold Member

• Developer
  • 1069 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:30 PM

@Alacran
Thanks for the information.

My apologies. I'll try and fix this later.

Misty

#362 misty

misty

Gold Member

• Developer
  • 1069 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 31 January 2018 - 01:01 PM

@alacran
I've uploaded a fix - I hope it works as I've not actually been able to test it!

Misty
  • alacran likes this

#363 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 31 January 2018 - 01:14 PM

@misty

I will download updates and make a new build and report back, thanks for your fast answer.

alacran

#364 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 31 January 2018 - 03:11 PM

@ misty

After update:

8.1x64 Build was sucessfull, no problems.

7x64 Build was sucessfull, no problems.

#365 misty

misty

Gold Member

• Developer
  • 1069 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:43 PM

The download for the most recent version of MistyPE (MistyPE.2018.01.21.zip) is working. Click on the link in the Download Portal (the Required Software link).

My site has been hosted with 123-reg for nearly a year. It has unfortunately been suspended without explanation (or notification!) and the customer service is frankly awful - I am in the process of migrating to a new host. I anticipate delays with the domain name being switched over so please have some patience.

I had hoped that the hosting issues would be resolved when I started paying for hosting :frusty:

Misty

#366 seanpowell

seanpowell

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 03 May 2018 - 05:03 AM

Hi there,

I can see the Add Custom Folder/Files option to add files/folders and have run a test with that however this script adds the files selected to the path \Programs\User.Added.Files.  Is there a simple way to add, for example, dll files that might be required to run applications that we want to include in to the \windows\system32 folder?

On a previous winpe project, I found a folder for custom files where I could copy in the files required, and the build process would mirror those files into the boot disk - so I used this to add missing dll files, short cuts on the desktop and start menu etc.  Can that be done through this project as it exists or would I need to write a new script to do this (or perhaps modify the existing Custom Folder/Files script)?

rgds

#367 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 03 May 2018 - 12:46 PM

Hi there,

I can see the Add Custom Folder/Files option to add files/folders and have run a test with that however this script adds the files selected to the path \Programs\User.Added.Files.  Is there a simple way to add, for example, dll files that might be required to run applications that we want to include in to the \windows\system32 folder?

rgds

To add *.dll files (dependencies), just edit: MistyPE\Projects\Tools\wimlib.file.lists\dependencies.USER.ADDED.txt

#368 seanpowell

seanpowell

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 04 May 2018 - 03:44 AM

thanks Alacran, sounds like an easy option where you just have a few missing files.

What I was hoping for was an option where I could create directory structure and just point a script at it and have it copy any files that exist there, across to the build (and create any necessary folders in doing so).  That way, I'd just create a \windows\system32 folder copy my dll's into that, any applications I could copy into a \Program Files (x86) folder, if I wanted a desktop shortcut I can just create it and copy it to Users\Public\Desktop etc.

I tried editing the txt file you pointed me to but couldn't get the files to copy across, and I can't see which script refers to this to debug any further.

I have tried prefixing the lines in my dependencies.USER.ADDED.txt file either just with a \ as the example entry shows, or specifying a full path on the C:\ and also omitting spaces in case that was an issue - eg, each of

\Tools\__Additional Files\Windows\System32\mfc140u.dll
C:\Windows\system32\mfc140u.dll
\Tools\__Additional\Windows\System32\mfc140u.dll

However, I still don't get the required dll(s) copies across.

Can you point me to the script or any debug information where the dependency txt file should get processed so I can try and see why it is failing?

In the meantime I might try and edit one of the existing scripts to try and copy a whole directory structure (back to the original goal).

rgds

#369 seanpowell

seanpowell

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 04 May 2018 - 07:28 AM

Managed to tweak one of the existing scripts enough so that it did what I wanted (largely the existing "add Custom Files" script) - thanks to Misty for having a nicely set out script to follow.

Its probably not too elegant, but its doing the job.  Not sure why the dependencies.USER.ADDED.txt file didn't work for me, but think that gets me around the immediate problem.  

thanks

#370 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 08:28 AM

Post the updated script. It might be useful to someone else or it can be used to update the script being used.

#371 seanpowell

seanpowell

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 04 May 2018 - 09:50 AM

Hopefully this link works... 
InjectAdditionalFiles.script 1.0
Last Updated May 04 2018 09:46 AM

I make no claim that its well written, being my first winbuilder script.  "Functional" is what I'm aiming for here...  I won't take offense if anyone feels like tidying it up at some point.

#372 Atari800XL

Atari800XL

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 192 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 04 May 2018 - 02:33 PM

If I understand ir correctly, the file list Alacran is talking about is handling files that exist in your Windows source.
For your personal files (that obviously don't exist on a Windows iso), this will not work.

But I'm sure Alacran will reply soon...

#373 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 04 May 2018 - 10:37 PM

@ seanpowell

From my previous post:

To add *.dll files (dependencies), just edit: MistyPE\Projects\Tools\wimlib.file.lists\dependencies.USER.ADDED.txt

This is very useful to add missing dependencies (required to run your programs, but not included in portable) when you want to run some Portable Programs, added in Programs\User.Added.Files, to the root of your build or on a separate USB stick.

As Atari800XL said: The files (dependencies) are taken from your Windows install.wim file (usually from Windows\System32 as the example), not from another source.

In order to add new program(s) to the build, you need to create a new script where you give WinBuilder the instructions where to copy (usually directory Programs on ISO) and source location (MistyPE\Projects\Cache\Programs), also this way you can add required dependencies and the instructions to include your program on the Menu to easy launch it.

I downloaded and saw your script, as you said it is very basic and unfortunatelly do not give enought info to try to help you better.

If you want to improve your script first select as an example a script of same architecture (x86, x64 or both) as your program, if you already have the files/folder requided make sure you do not select as example a script who download the program, then make a copy of it and rename as your program and start making the appropiate changes on it, WinBuilder Editor is a very good tool for this.

EDIT: Don't forget to put your program on a folder on MistyPE\Projects\Cache\Programs

alacran

#374 Guest_XenonKilla_*

Guest_XenonKilla_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2018 - 12:28 AM

I know that MistyPE hasn't been updated for Win10 April 2018 update v1803.17134, but today I attempted to use MistyPE 2018.01.21 to make a build anyways. WinBuilder completed the build without any errors, I booted the image up in a VM which worked fine. The only issue seems to be SysWOW64 not working properly. I can't launch any of my 32-bit apps and only get "missing xxxxx.dll" errors when I try.

Image was built using...

- MistyPE 2018.01.21

- Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1803.17134.1.iso

Just a heads up for anyone else thinking of trying.

Let me know if you'd like me to provide anymore info.

#375 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 10 June 2018 - 08:12 PM

@XenonKilla

I haven't tested a MistyPE build from Win10 April 2018 update v1803.17134.  At the moment I'm not able to make a test build from the source you used. The more recent source I have used is Win10 Fall Creator Update 1709 from Dec. 2017, and it works flawlessly.

I suggest to make a test build using as source any one confirmed. And then if all your Applications are working fine we may say there is a problem using as source Win10 April 2018 update v1803.17134.

As you don't clarify if your Applications are working in previous sources (all applications included in project download do not require this fixes).  In case you have missing dependencies for your 32 bits portable aplications, you may edit syswow.USER.ADDED.txt when making a build from 64 bits Windows source, And/or dependencies.USER.ADDED.txt, when making a build from 32 bits Windows source, both files located on MistyPE\Projects\Tools\wimlib.file.lists\

alacran

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: winpe10, winpe5, winpe4, winpe3, winpe2, winpe

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users