ludovici

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 610 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 19 March 2011 - 12:54 AM

Thanks Kage, i will update my truetarsparency script

Magnification.dll,PlaySndSrv.dll need i think. Lots of media player files, wireless connection files (maybe you use only penetwork), tapi files missing.
Windows\System32\en-US\compmgmt.msc -> missing
Windows\System32\en-US\devmgmt.msc -> missing
Windows\System32\en-US\diskmgmt.msc -> missing
Windows\System32\en-US\dxgkrnl.sys.mui -> missing
Windows\System32\en-US\fsmgmt.msc -> missing
Windows\System32\en-US\services.msc -> missing
Windows\System32\en-US\SysFxUI.dll.mui -> missing
Windows\System32\en-US\lusrmgr.msc -> missing
Update thanks Vvurat :(

Add more files under Windows\schemas (just advice) 50kb
All the Schemas directory is copy from installsrc :)

There is lots of driver inf files missing. why removed them? you will not gain space with removing a few kb inf files.
I will update my old drivers script with all sys and inf from installsrc :cheerleader:

ProgramData\Microsoft\window\Caches -> wrong folder name
Users\Defaul\Favorites -> wrong folder name
Users\Default\AppData\Loca -> wrong file name
Users\Default\searche -> wrong file name
Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\microsof -> wrong folder name
Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\window -> wrong folder name
I know but i don't find the bad script who create this error :dubbio:

More later : XPS View, Magnification, virtual keyboard... script

Question : How start remote Access connection manager Service ?

#27 vvurat

vvurat

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 323 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 08:20 AM

Add more files under Windows\schemas (just advice) 50kb
All the Schemas directory is copy from installsrc :)

in my wim. most of the files missing. it means it does not copy schemas directory true.

There is lots of driver inf files missing. why removed them? you will not gain space with removing a few kb inf files.

I will update my old drivers script with all sys and inf from installsrc

i do not say all. forget all printer drivers. forget useless modem drivers start with mdm*.* (not all). forget scanner drivers start with wia*.* there are some really usefull drivers missing else than them put them.

ndiscap.inf -> missing (you have firewall control panel but do not have filter driver)
netnwifi.inf -> missing
netvwififlt.inf -> missing
netvwifimp.inf -> missing

How start remote Access connection manager Service

you do not have modemcsa.inf, uniplat.dll, unimdm.tsp, tapi3.dll, tapi.dll, tapilua.dll, tapisrv.dll, tapiui.dll, modemui.dl, hidphone.tsp, dialer.exe. Rasman means telephony and can not start without them (i did not check all files just writing what i see).

Rasman,rasauto,sstpsvc are main services that have to run. All other services dependent to them. You can not say i do not want to use modem in my build.

#28 what is a cmd.exe

what is a cmd.exe
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 21 March 2011 - 03:47 AM

ProgramData\Microsoft\window\Caches -> wrong folder name
Users\Defaul\Favorites -> wrong folder name
Users\Default\AppData\Loca -> wrong file name
Users\Default\searche -> wrong file name
Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\microsof -> wrong folder name
Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\window -> wrong folder name
I know but i don't find the bad script who create this error :confused1:

I found this very odd also as I looked at the script file "1 - Copy Files" ( 1-files.script ) it all looks good, BUT it would create bad folder names, well I experimented for a bit adding *.* , that didn't work, then I finaly just simply added a \ at the end of the line like so..

If,ExistDir,%InstallSRC%\programdata\microsoft\crypto\rsa,DirCopy,%InstallSRC%\programdata\microsoft\crypto\rsa,%TargetDir%\programdata\microsoft\crypto\

all the other folders that was getting this treatment was fixed by adding the \ at the end

also I found a error happening in another script file "Windows User Control Panel" were it to had a bad copy thing going on..

I/O error 206:  [FileCopy,%InstallSRC%\users\Administrator\*.*,%TargetDir%\users\Administrator]

I adjusted it a little to..

from this..
FileCopy,%InstallSRC%\users\Administrator\*.*,%TargetDir%\users\Administrator

to this..
DirCopy,%InstallSRC%\users\Administrator\*.*,%TargetDir%\users\Administrator\

and it worked for the DirCopy,%InstallSRC%\users\Administrator\*.* coping the files, but not sure wat it was suppose to copy so, this may not be a true fix, but at least its something to look at closer by one of the more knowledgeable .script writers here..

And Last is this I get..

FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\Win7PE_SE\1Mount\BootWimSrc\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\netl160x.inf_x86_neutral_fbd7701d33378479\160x86.sys] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\Win7PE_SE\Windows\System32\drivers\160x86.sys]: The system cannot find the path specified.

in my boot.wim is this here -netl160x.inf_x86_neutral_cef6a4c5e38079d6

seems these are named wrong in the script file from what I find in my boot.wim\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository folder as a lot of these are named differently in en-US .ISO, so this may play a roll with language differences maybe, just a wild guess here, but I fixed these issues with getting the names from my .wim Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository folder and correcting the script file and errors are gone.

Hope this helps in some kind of way to get the bugs out, as this is a real nice PE build.

Edited by what is a cmd.exe, 21 March 2011 - 04:15 AM.

#29 what is a cmd.exe

what is a cmd.exe
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 21 March 2011 - 06:03 AM

Ok, lookin it at all a little closer I find that its not the backlash that is what is missing its the " a double quote that is breaking a few copy lines, here is the original line that is broken..

If,ExistDir,%InstallSRC%\users\administrator\appdata\local\microsoft\windows\caches,DirCopy,"%InstallSRC%\users\administrator\appdata\local\microsoft\windows\caches,%TargetDir%\users\Default\appdata\local\microsoft\Windows

notice were the 1 single double quote is, there is not another one anyhwere in the line, so here is my current fix that made all of them work fine

If,ExistDir,%InstallSRC%\users\administrator\appdata\local\microsoft\windows\caches,DirCopy,%InstallSRC%\Users\Administrator\Appdata\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Caches,"%TargetDir%\Users\Default\Appdata\Local\Microsoft\Windows"

Of course dealing with spaces in folder names it will need the " " double quote were needed for the file/folder copy routine to work correctly..

So there is a bit of code in the script file/s that needs a good bug repellent taken to it.

Edited by what is a cmd.exe, 21 March 2011 - 06:04 AM.

#30 GreatG

GreatG
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:33 PM

Hi Ludope! George here.

I really like the build. I run MalwareBytes to clean computers using the build. I found 3 potential virus' or just posibilities thereof. I contacted MalwareBytes about the 'false positives' and the reply was:

"Posted Today, 03:04 PM

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoSMHelp (PUM.Hijack.Help) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoFind (PUM.Hijack.Find) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

PUM stands for Potentially Unwanted Modifications, malware can hide help and find and as such we fix them for less knowledgeable users. Our assumption is that advanced users will understand this and select ignore if they have done this intentionally.

x:\Windows\system32\hiderun.exe

Hacktools are used by only criminals and knowledgeable users. We protect our novice users from them while assuming that advanced users will understand this and select ignore.

Bruce Harrison
Vice President of Research"

I would hope that you are one of the "knowledgeable or advanced" users right?
If the ladder, what are you using the "hiderun.exe" and why did you modify the help file?

If not, is there a way to re-write the build without the mods so MalwareBytes will not see them as threats?

Thanks, George A. Gill

#31 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:58 PM

You're between a barrel and a hard place, GreatG.
Who do you believe in? The gods of Anti-Virus or the gods of PE-Building?

Hint: You have to choose, both are monotheistic religions! :)

:unsure:

#32 Kage

Kage
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    Switzerland

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:36 PM

I found something else while searching for the reason why my user picture gets changed seemingly for no reason:

In Windows Networking Center script is the archive Net.7z which contains the following folders and files:

ProgramData
ProgramData\Microsoft
ProgramData\Microsoft\Network
ProgramData\Microsoft\Network\Connections
ProgramData\Microsoft\Network\Connections\Pbk
ProgramData\Microsoft\Network\Connections\Pbk\rasphone.pbk
ProgramData\Microsoft\User Account Pictures
ProgramData\Microsoft\User Account Pictures\User.bmp
ProgramData\Microsoft\User Account Pictures\xuantian.dat
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows NT
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows NT\MSFax
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows NT\MSFax\Common Coverpages
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows NT\MSFax\Common Coverpages\zh-CN
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows NT\MSFax\Common Coverpages\zh-CN\confident.cov
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows NT\MSFax\Common Coverpages\zh-CN\fyi.cov
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows NT\MSFax\Common Coverpages\zh-CN\generic.cov
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows NT\MSFax\Common Coverpages\zh-CN\urgent.cov
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows NT\MSFax\VirtualInbox
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows NT\MSFax\VirtualInbox\zh-CN
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows NT\MSFax\VirtualInbox\zh-CN\WelcomeFax.tif
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows NT\MSScan
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows NT\MSScan\WelcomeScan.jpg
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\DeviceMetadataStore
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\DeviceMetadataStore\en-US
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\DeviceMetadataStore\en-US\34e548a8-3268-4dde-bedf-c40f9b6c814a.devicemetadata-ms
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\DeviceMetadataStore\en-US\63921eef-8415-4368-9201-f0df4af5778f.devicemetadata-ms
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Ringtones
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Ringtones\Ringtone 01.wma
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Ringtones\Ringtone 02.wma
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Ringtones\Ringtone 03.wma
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Ringtones\Ringtone 04.wma
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Ringtones\Ringtone 05.wma
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Ringtones\Ringtone 06.wma
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Ringtones\Ringtone 07.wma
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Ringtones\Ringtone 08.wma
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Ringtones\Ringtone 09.wma
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Ringtones\Ringtone 10.wma
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Default Programs.lnk
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\displayswitch.lnk
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Paint.lnk
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Remote Desktop Connection.lnk
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\System Tools
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\Character Map.lnk
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\dfrgui.lnk
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\Disk Cleanup.lnk
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\Resource Monitor.lnk
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Information.lnk
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Restore.lnk
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Wordpad.lnk
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools\Component Services.lnk
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools\Computer Management.lnk
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools\Data Sources (ODBC).lnk
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools\Memory Diagnostics Tool.lnk
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools\Performance Monitor.lnk
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools\services.lnk
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Maintenance
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Maintenance\Backup and Restore Center.lnk
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Maintenance\Create Recovery Disc.lnk
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Windows Fax and Scan.lnk
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Windows Media Player.lnk
ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\XPS Viewer.lnk
Windows
Windows\inf
Windows\inf\btusbflt.inf
Windows\inf\btwaudio.inf
Windows\inf\btwavdt.inf
Windows\inf\btwl2cap.inf
Windows\inf\btwrchid.inf
Windows\inf\btwsecfl.inf
Windows\System32
Windows\System32\Drivers
Windows\System32\Drivers\blue.7z
Windows\System32\Drivers\btusbflt.sys
Windows\System32\Drivers\btwaudio.sys
Windows\System32\Drivers\btwavdt.sys
Windows\System32\Drivers\BTWL2CAP.sys
Windows\System32\Drivers\btwrchid.sys
Windows\System32\Drivers\btwsecfl.sys
Windows\System32\Drivers\ewdcsc.sys
Windows\System32\Drivers\ewusbdev.sys
Windows\System32\Drivers\ewusbmdm.sys
Windows\System32\Drivers\ewusbnet.sys
Windows\System32\Drivers\usb.7z
Windows\System32\PECMD.EXE
Windows\System32\start.cmd

I cannot say which of them are actually needed, but I'm pretty sure that the folders "User Account Pictures", "Ringtones" and the whole start menu stuff don't really belong there :cheers:

#33 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:42 PM

I'm also pretty sure, that everything zh-CN does not belong into a PE build from english source.

:cheers:

#34 Aye Htay

Aye Htay

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 163 posts
  •  
    Myanmar

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:51 PM

I'm also pretty sure, that everything zh-CN does not belong into a PE build from english source.

I suppose it would come from Xuantian source and just need to change en-US instead.
And also replace with your dat file to Xuantian.dat file.

Regards,

ah

#35 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 04:42 PM

From the fact that i also get chinese signs in other places, i doubt that those are the only parts, which have been blindly taken from xuantian fine build.

#36 ludovici

ludovici

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 610 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 08 April 2011 - 02:04 AM

Hello everybody :)
Thanks for your reports and sorry for update :wheelchair:

In Windows Networking Center script is the archive Net.7z
Net.7z Delete

I always desired teamwork else than one person controlled compiles but i see that it is nearly impossible. Everybody wants to be the leader and control everything. Only real developer is here is dera that he makes really good stuff but i do not see him active much any more (like all the else experienced users.)

Probably this will be the last good stuff that will ever compiled so try to have fun
No, i hope not the last :cheers:

I want not all controll, but just add my contribution with my little experience in Winbuilder and WinPE :thumbsup:
Dera is a very good developper and this script progress allways the winpe project (Dera: Can you have transparency in Admin mode in my Project ?)
Max_Real_Qnx is personally my best contributor/developer (Max your project are always fabulous :white_flag: )
Thanks Vvurat :smiling9:
No problem to share my project, i want just a reply, a thanks. And if possible up the project

Actually, i think anybody do not see active much any more...

This projct take a enormous time :merc:
Now, My project :
- The winpe start is more fast (2X)
- The Win7pe build is more Fast (Thanks PSC for the new Winbuilder)
- OpenOffice Integrate
- WebHat script integrate (Thanks Webhat Thnks Webhat)
- Stardock Objectdock script update (Beta...)
- Network Script Update (Thanks Kage)
- Shell&Config script Update Thanks GreatG
- StartMenu is Switch User by default in your WinPE

I have maybe forget all the update but my new link is in here and second part is here also
Good Play :rofl: :happy_dance2: :happy_dance:

P.S : Nun o, i will send to you in the week end my new project for winbuilder, Thanks
More easy, in the futur for user just download Winbuilder (1mo) after select ludovici.winbuilder.net and download just the necessary; not my 400Mo of script :clap:

#37 ChrisR

ChrisR

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 784 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:09 AM

Hi Ludovici,

It seems we have misunderstandings, it would be, perhaps, easier in French for us.

I always desired teamwork else than one person controlled compiles but i see that it is nearly impossible. Everybody wants to be the leader and control everything.

I have a little difficulty understanding your words, no thanks to the Win7PE SE but critics that I take for me :white_flag: .
I always wanted to work in a team spirit. and without all others, Win7PE SE would not be this one. The project is the result of this really big teamwork and not a single leader.
I’m not here to take away the spotlight from anyone but to build with fun a great project well done.
I try to do my role of administrator and give my contribution in that sense, with the time that I have.

Moreover, your work is largely based on Win7PE SE on which you bring additions and applications and this is normal.

Even no credits are required at all, but, by cons I can not let you say that I want to control everything or that I have no team spirit, this is not True.

thank you to homes32 (post 21), sbaeder (post 22) for their support on this topics

I completely agree on the really good developers Dera and Max_Real_Qnx.
You can add many many others, beginning with Yahoouk, JFX, which are built the good foundations :clap: of our common work .

Let us work together and not against each other.
Regards
Chris
:thumbsup:

#38 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:19 AM

P.S : Nun o, i will send to you in the week end my new project for winbuilder, Thanks
More easy, in the futur for user just download Winbuilder (1mo) after select ludovici.winbuilder.net

Please do so. Unfortunately I'm unable of getting a good solution for updating the files online. Dropbox has also reached its limits.

Will have to do this manually until things get fixed.

:white_flag:

#39 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:15 PM

If you are worried about the security of ftp ( although secure passwords remove a lot of the problems ) how about sftp? Or is that cost prohibitive as a certificate would be required?

#40 ludovici

ludovici

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 610 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:50 PM

Salut ChrisR :white_flag:

Je me suis sans doute mal exprimé, désolé. (Je n'ai pas dit que tu etait le leader et que tu n'avais pas d'esprit d'equipe...)
Effectivement mon projet est fortement basé sur Win7PE_SE, et je te remercies ainsi qu'a JFX (Et nightman pour VistaPE, la Base de tout ceci) pour votre travail accompli sur ce projet; encore merci.
Je voulais juste indiquer que mon projet est libre, tout le monde peut apporter sa pierre à l'édifice. Je suis pas le leader du projet et ne le serait sans doute jamais...
Encore désolé ChrisR si cela a pu te blesser, ce n'ètait pas mon intention.

PS: Sorry for this post in french, it's for ChrisR

I always wanted to work in a team spirit. and without all others, Win7PE SE would not be this one. The project is the result of this really big teamwork and not a single leader.
I am agree :clap:

#41 ChrisR

ChrisR

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 784 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 08 April 2011 - 01:10 PM

Salut Ludovici,

Oui, sans doute une mauvaise compréhension, pas toujours facile de s'exprimer en anglais !
Oui, j'étais un peu blessé par les propos, je les prenais pour moi, Merci pour ta réponse.
Je sais que tu ai quelqu'un de bien et que tu founis un gros travail et que tu le partages dans un bon état d'esprit :clap: .
Bonne continuation, tu fais évoluer les choses et c'est bien :white_flag:

Ps : Sorry also for this post in French, it's for Ludovici.

I am agree :thumbsup:

We are agree :happy_dance: .

#42 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 08 April 2011 - 01:18 PM

If you are worried about the security of ftp ( although secure passwords remove a lot of the problems ) how about sftp? Or is that cost prohibitive as a certificate would be required?

There was a point we had way too many FTP accounts and attempts to break their passwords.

We also had pain with PHP/SQL injections that made too many hosted pages turn our server into a mess. I'm working on a solution for this matter, will perhaps announce it within a few months here at the forum.

Ps : Sorry also for this post in French, it's for Ludovici.

No problem for me, I can read it just fine. Perhaps you can start a post announcement for LudoPE at the French language section here at the forum? I'm sure that many people would appreciate it.

#43 dera

dera

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1335 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:00 AM

(Dera: Can you have transparency in Admin mode in my Project ?)

No!

(and for me transparency doesn't work neither in wimb's 'Make-PE3 40' project)

#44 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 08:07 PM

Where can the most up to date version be found? The first post doesn't say, which version or from when the linked file is.

:eek:

#45 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 22 May 2011 - 02:03 AM

Where can the most up to date version be found? The first post doesn't say, which version or from when the linked file is.

:unsure:

My guess is that it is somewhat taken care of by the above posting...

Actually, i think anybody do not see active much any more...

This projct take a enormous time :w00t:

I have maybe forget all the update but my new link is in here and second part is here also
Good Play :cheers: :cheers: :confused1:

P.S : Nuno, i will send to you in the week end my new project for winbuilder, Thanks
More easy, in the futur for user just download Winbuilder (1mo) after select ludovici.winbuilder.net and download just the necessary; not my 400Mo of script :eek:

So, given the first part of that quoted message, it may not be too "active" right now, and it looks as if it never got added to his winbuilder domain server ;) So to get the files, you would use the mediafire links (and it looks as if those are from the end of March or early April, and some of the top level "project" files are just a "copy" of the Win7PE_SE files, so be CAREFUL to unpack them in a different area...

Note: Ludovici has also recently posted several of the Apps in a separate posting in the Development section...

Hope that helps (from a bystanders position)...Further comments and clarifications from the original Author are always going to be superior to mine)... :)

#46 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 10:23 AM

The newly posted app scripts by Ludovici,were what reminded me to check for an improved LudoPE. Cause the origial had quite a few script errors, but it seems those were never fixed. Too bad, a really nice PE.

:eek:

#47 magic12kenneth

magic12kenneth

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:18 PM

What is the difference between Ludope's Win7PE and Win7PE_SE?

#48 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:51 PM

Win7PE_Se is a barebones system, meant to be a basis to crate a own Win7PE.

LudoPE is such a system. Ludovici removed some stuff, whil he added other thigs.

Which is better for suited for you, is up to you.

:)

#49 nosp1

nosp1
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:38 PM

Hi,

I'm trying to add a wired standalone network printer without luck.

1) Click in "Add Printer"
2) Click on "Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer"
3) The wizard searches for available printer and found my printer (correct Printer Name and IP Address are displayed)
4) Select the printer and click on "Next"
5) A pop-up error message says "Cannot load wizard pages for standard TCP/IP port."

BTW, I have added the following files to system32:

tcpmon.dll
tcpmon.dll.mui
tcpmon.ini
tcpmonui.dll
tcpmonui.dll.mui
wsnmp32.dll
NapiNSP.dll
mgmtapi.dll

My source is Win7 Pro 32-bit, en-US.

Thanks

#50 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:59 PM

Printing is disabled in PE by M$.
If you want to use it regardless, you'll need to hack some Windows files.
That's as far as i can elaborate.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users