#1 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:11 PM

Here is one of the ways for LODR-U method.

1) Prepare a batch with unattended switch to install ;).

For Visual C++ 200X support: "vcredist_x86 Install.cmd":
vcredist_x86.exe /Q
"winpcap Install.cmd":
winpcap-nmap-4.02.exe /S
also winpcap script available here

"ghostwall Install.cmd"
ghostwall_setup.exe /silent

ps: we will have a set of ready batches in time.

1b) One can use junction when available. Check here post 13.
1c) If there is an unattended switch to install other than %programfiles% , with some little batch tricks one can find nice ways for big sized applications :cheers:

Method is I hope explaining itsself.
Idea is having setups of these applications on a removable media Ready for usage with a batch (.cmd) file, like amalux's marvelous collection of portable application.
Also when available it maybe preferred to have junctions with especially big sized applications or 1c).
Advantages/Disadvantages of the mentioned method exists , it is up to users, however I guess most of you like the Advantages part :cheers:

LiveXP Notes:
For a general easy to use:
I strongly advice to use this method with BootSDI (you can use wimpack) + some free space. :cheers:
ps: When you use wimpack, keep default settings for "Pack 'Program Files' folder + Individuallly" to have junction when available.
Besides well known scripts that are used on most builds like mmc, penetwork, ....,
Enabling Windows Installer (msi.script), ScriptingCore.script, ScriptingSup.Script (Basic-->Shells-->Addons) and LODR-loader.script, LODR-Thinstall_Support.script (Apps--->Supplementary) will help many installers work without problem.
As usual script selection is about your aim, list here only to point the available scripts in the project. Further is up to user.
Out-of-the-box LiveXP even with selecting additional LODR-script you may miss some dependancies, We hope user support will lead us some new LODR-Script(s) to provide dependencies in future :(.
For vc2005 applications, here is the trick, ready & packed. (Thanks to Colin Finck's BartPE plugin for old days ;) )
http://lancelot.winb...Colin_Finck.rar
example: after booting LiveXP, use vc2005rt_install.cmd. Than use "vcredist_x86 Install.cmd" you prepared before. :)

VistaPE Notes:
So far i only know, joakim's lodr packages work on VistaPE :angry:
I will be glad to add any notes to post#1 here from VistaPE users. :cheers:.

Historical Notes:
sanbarrow is THE man behind the whole LODR idea.
I am sure he have lots of tricks in his pockets since he is the man who has a wide set of LODR ready packages.
I hope he share his wisdom for LODR-U idea too :).
Thanks to sanbarrow, providing this switches through topics reminding other users there is another way naturally exists.

Lancelot (I :angry: ) asked for "General LODR" packages many times to sanbarrow in past......

Than one day, a LODR hero came from the west when sun was just going down , joakim.

joakim is our LODR-U man who made first "special" LODR-U packs. He prefered Universal than General and why not :angry: .
-U refers universal meaning (preferably) project independant.
Comparing with sanbarrow's LODR packages (some of which are already LODR-U), joakim's LODR-U packages aim to work on moa, LiveXP, VistaPE, xxxPE...... :cheers:.

And Story goes on with current section, with the voice of a cowboy song behind the scene.

CU :cheers:

Edit:
lodr virtual-box code that can be converted to lodr-u easly to use on livexp, thanks to sanbarrow
http://sanbarrow.com...php?p=6095#6095

#2 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:11 PM

@sanbarrow

Recently we have a section to discuss LODR-U :)
Also a topic now for unattended switch ;)

I wish you post here a switch and point other users to this topic ;) , as a result we can keep things for LODR-U easy to find and other topics less scattered :). I hope you like the idea, if not no problem.

I would like to add proper tutorial notes, new switches, links, etc, you would want for LODR-U idea for simple used setup packages to post #1 if you like/send.

CU :angry:

#3 sanbarrow

sanbarrow

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 788 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:00 PM

;) I wonder why it is necessary to add the -U ?

Seems to be a habbit here at bootland to make things more cryptic than necessary ;)

Anyway - here some more examples ...

RDP 6 can be installed nicely like this
start /wait WindowsServer2003-KB925876-v2-x86-ENU.exe /quiet /nobackup

Starwind iSCSI-server installs nicely like this
start /wait starwind.exe /VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES

Hanewin NFS-server installs nicely like this
rmdir /s /q %programfiles%\nfsd

start /wait nfs1162.exe /VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES
make sure you delete old directory first - otherwise you will be asked if you want to overwrite the exports-file

Dreamweaver 6 can be LODRed easily like this
- assuming you edit path and serial and already have the files in place
start with batch:
echo off

regedit /s R:\programs\dwusmx\Dreamweaver.reg

"R:\programs\dwusmx\Dreamweaver MX\dreamweaver.exe"

exit

reg-patch:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Macromedia\Dreamweaver]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Macromedia\Dreamweaver\6]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Macromedia\Dreamweaver\6\Installation]

"InstallPath"="R:\\programs\\dwusmx\\Dreamweaver MX"

"Language"="De"

"Default Editor For"="asp,jsp,cfm,cfc,aspx,ascx,php,php3,js,css,xml,lbi,dwt,mno,ste,as,asr,dwr"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Macromedia\Dreamweaver\6\Installation-0]

"InstallPath"="R:\\programs\\dwusmx\\Dreamweaver MX"

"Language"="De"

"Default Editor For"="asp,jsp,cfm,cfc,aspx,ascx,php,php3,js,css,xml,lbi,dwt,mno,ste,as,asr,dwr"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Macromedia\Dreamweaver\6\Registration]

"First Name"="blablabla"

"Last Name"="blablabla"

"Serial Number"="******-*****-*****-*****"

"Validation"="*************"

"Register"="0"

"Location"="R:\\programs\\dwusmx\\Dreamweaver MX\\Dreamweaver.exe"

VirtualBox 2.1 can be LODRed like this - assuming you have the files in place already
or load them from a WIM.
Adjust paths a needed

@echo off 

if not exist R:\vm\virtualbox\Virtualbox.exe md r:\vm\virtualbox

if not exist R:\vm\virtualbox\Virtualbox.exe imagex /mount virtualbox21.wim 1 r:\vm\virtualbox

if not exist R:\vm\virtualbox\Virtualbox.exe exit

regsvr32 /s R:\vm\virtualbox\VBoxC.dll 

copy R:\vm\virtualbox\drivers\network\netflt\protocol\VBoxNetFltNotify.dll X:\i386\system32\VBoxNetFltNotify.dll

copy R:\vm\virtualbox\drivers\network\netflt\miniport\VBoxNetFlt_m.inf X:\i386\inf\VBoxNetFlt_m.inf

copy R:\vm\virtualbox\drivers\network\netflt\protocol\VBoxNetFlt.inf X:\i386\inf\VBoxNetFlt.inf

copy R:\vm\virtualbox\drivers\network\netflt\protocol\VBoxNetFlt.sys X:\i386\system32\drivers\VBoxNetFlt.sys

snetcfg -v -l X:\i386\inf\VBoxNetFlt.inf -c s -i sun_VBoxNetFlt

snetcfg -v -l X:\i386\inf\VBoxNetFlt_m.inf -c s -i sun_VBoxNetFltmp

regsvr32 /s VBoxNetFltNotify.dll

drv_ctl --inst-nostart VBoxDrv R:\vm\virtualbox\drivers\VBoxDrv\VBoxDrv.sys 

drv_ctl --inst-nostart VBoxUSB R:\vm\virtualbox\drivers\USB\device\VBoxUSB.sys 

drv_ctl --inst-nostart VBoxUSBMon R:\vm\virtualbox\drivers\USB\filter\VBoxUSBMon.sys 

net start VBoxNetFlt

net start VBoxDrv 

net start VBoxUSBMon 

start R:\vm\virtualbox\VBoxSVC.exe 

start R:\vm\virtualbox\Virtualbox.exe 

exit
To prepare the directory simply install once and keep the files - you only need the install-directory.
No need to grab any files from system32 ...

Wireshark can be LODRed easily - just keep the install directory somewhere
first run
start /wait winpcap-nmap-4.02.exe /S
then Wireshark should already work - you do not need the portable version.

Cain and Abel can be silently installed like this
ca_setup.exe /s

FTK-imager from access-data
just works - install once and keep files - thats all

TRILEAD VMX-explorer can be installed silently like this - assuming you have already loaded dotnet2
msiexec /i r:\_sfx_\TrileadVMX-1.5.106.msi /qn

PowerGUI installs rather slow but acceptable like this - assuming you already loaded dotnet2
msiexec /i r:\_sfx_\PowerGUI[1].1.5.2.550.msi /qn

hope that helps ...
keep in mind that with out-of-the-box LiveXP even with additional LODR-script you may miss some dependancies.
Listed apps all work flawlessly in out-of-the-box MOA-2.4.1

Ulli

By the way - LODR works best if you use a reasonable path to %programfiles% such as B:\programs or R:\programs and do not use such a strange path as X:\programs or %systemdrive%\programs

#4 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:22 PM

;) I wonder why it is necessary to add the -U ?

;) Well written around and...... I hope joakim write definations in a sticky topic, since joakim is The Universal LODR Man .
Himm, you give good examples for sub specific categories (which will be hopefully less in number :cheers: ),
LODR-U - Specific PE1
LODR-U - Specific PE1 2k3
maybe in future :)
LODR-U - Specific PE2
LODR-U - Specific PE2 2k8
LODR-U - Specific PE3

I will check the batches you give :) and add to post#1 , need time :angry:.

keep in mind that with out-of-the-box LiveXP even with additional LODR-script you may miss some dependancies.

yep i know. :cheers: and tried to point out that on post1 too but better to write with your words (just edited, thanks)

Thanks for all Ulli :(

#5 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:25 PM

By the way - LODR works best if you use a reasonable path to %programfiles% such as B:\programs or R:\programs and do not use such a strange path as X:\programs or %systemdrive%\programs

Just seen this note (either missed, or you edit, no problem)

And now the expected question comes, why X:\programs strange?

#6 sanbarrow

sanbarrow

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 788 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:25 PM

I still do not know what the -U stands for ?

For me LODR means install with minimal work required - procedure does not matter. Just make it fast

#7 sanbarrow

sanbarrow

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 788 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:37 PM

And now the expected question comes, why X:\programs strange?

Hey - I am sure we will never agree on this point ;)

Why X:\programs is strange ? - now I only speak with MOA layout in mind ...
Average MOA build uses a 280 MB image and loads it into RAM - that means I usually start with about 60 - 70 Mb of free space in X:\programs
60 - 70 MB is not much ...
In typical MOA usage size in R:\programs on the other hand is virtually unlimited - only limited by the size of your USB-device.

The MOA that I just use right now for posting has a R:\programs directory of about 9 Gb with 350 different apps.
If I would use the LiveXP way of first creating a junction in X:\programs\myapp to B:\myapp
like we discussed in the ghostwall-discussion I would go nuts with maintaining a script for the junctions I need.

The way with R:\programs is much easier - I simply install everything to default location and keep the files ...
To add a desktop-icon I simply right-drag the associated exe-file to the desktop - same with startmenu ...
No automatic creation of shortcuts necessary ...
To me that seems so much easier ...

But as already said - I doubt we will ever have the same opinion on this question ;)

Ulli

#8 joakim

joakim

Silver Member

• Team Reboot
  • 912 posts
  •  
    Norway

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:52 PM

I still do not know what the -U stands for ?

Universal, meaning (preferably) project independant.

#9 sanbarrow

sanbarrow

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 788 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 11:09 PM

Should have guessed that - so then above I posted some examples for
LODR-U-SI = Load on demand universal with silent installation - like Cain and ABel
LODR-U-BR = Load on demand universal with batch + reg-patch - like with Dreamweaver
LODR-U-JDI = Load on demand universal - just do it - like with FTK-imager
LODR-U-SMI = Load on demand universal - with a "speed manual install" - like with VirtualBOX

hey - this will be fun ;)

#10 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 22 June 2009 - 11:18 PM

sanbarrow

Should have guessed that - so then above I posted some examples for
LODR-U-SI = Load on demand universal with silent installation - like Cain and ABel
LODR-U-BR = Load on demand universal with batch + reg-patch - like with Dreamweaver
LODR-U-JDI = Load on demand universal - just do it - like with FTK-imager
LODR-U-SMI = Load on demand universal - with a "speed manual install" - like with VirtualBOX

hey - this will be fun :cheers:

Welcome to the Fun Side of Cryptologic approach ;).

(answer to X:\Programs post)
nope, this was not the answer i was looking for. But i learn one more thing about you ;). (learning never ends)

But it will be nice to continue writing sth more,

Average MOA build uses a 280 MB and loads it into RAM

280-60=220, wow, guessing it is ntfs compressed and optimized, wovvvvv :) .

only limited by the size of your USB-device

himm :)

But as already said - I doubt we will have have the same opinion on this question :)

We dont have to :angry: , I always like options and i even like to provide the options others use but i dont (or dont like) :cheers:. Options are good to make everybody happy and in time i may need and like them :cheers:

Theory always work, now with LiveXP one can set %programfiles% location to R: O: K: .... and set R: O: K: .....as his UFD with a flag file.
Recently a friend did this for his Z:\Programs on UFD and we added an option to LiveXP for program files location drive letter. Only ufd searcher for flag file to set ufd Z: is not a ready script. This shouldnt be a problem for a good user to find out how (will be in project in time, and you will be able to choose R:...) Timeeeeee

My preferred way (which I am sure you wouldnt like at all :cheers: ) is following VistaPE and Win7PE methods, which is having %ProgramFiles% on an unknown drive letter and only known and added after booted :cheers:. Well I love junctions But reading recent topics of joakim and making wim boot tests showed me that junction is not available on %systemdrive% when program files is in it (ex: %systemdrive%\Programs). Further, to have the -U idea in mind i get cold feelings for junction :( but still it is nice to have at hand as it is easy to use on tests :angry::cheers:.

You know, I am neither a programmer nor and advanced user sanbarrow, just going slowly (and slower) over things. Like having a LODR section and current topic, things goes one by one :angry:.

I guess enough lodr today :)
CU :)

#11 sanbarrow

sanbarrow

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 788 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 11:48 PM

(answer to X:\Programs post)
nope, this was not the answer i was looking for. But i learn one more thing about you ;) (learning never ends)

Hehe - what did you expect then ? ;)
Well - moving programs, temp and home into R:\ simply was the easiest way I could make up to get rid of the usual size limitations.
The benefit now is that in most booting scenarios I do not need a ramdrive anymore - I hate to waste RAM for ramdrives ...

#12 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 23 June 2009 - 12:10 AM

Hehe - what did you expect then ? ;)

;) answers given below are given with the known expectations. :)

Well - moving programs, temp and home into R:\ simply was the easiest way I could make up to get rid of the usual size limitations.

size limitations, :), well space is no problem for livexp too as i described previous post, All we need a tutorial for ufd users+ some little more improvments. I wrote before somewhere lots ot time easiest way is having all with fixed names R: and folder names........ :angry:. I like the hardway, which results having a Flexy & Beatiful LiveXP..... http://www.photoforu...56/156336_6.jpg

The benefit now is that in most booting scenarios I do not need a ramdrive anymore - I hate to waste RAM for ramdrives ...

I love it for emotional and flexible reasons. Beside you can disable it on LiveXP when using BootSDI.

Well you know all, and as i wrote at the begining i have my expectations. :cheers:. I do not compare LiveXP, only write the things that are and will be available for all.
Reminding the old days i was saying General LODR, Now we have a official name "LODR Universal" :cheers: All long way start with a single step. We come to here, and still wheels are turning.
Meanwhile keep in mind that Joakim is our Universal LODR man and I am the one who fully support LODR idea with LiveXP since my very first days of boot-land and very happy to see Joakim on the baord

Enough for today, I wrote to check post3 on my todo list, need time and thanks a lot again.

CU :( on the Fun side :angry:

edit1: add italic
edit2: minor bad english fix :angry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users