#1 TERRY C SR

TERRY C SR
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 May 2007 - 11:07 AM

hello world from san diego ca.
this is my first post here and i hope that i am in the right place and on the same script as everyone. ok, i have been playing with VMware,livepc and 2007 virtual pc from m.s. I dont know if you all have done what i am tring to do but if you can help or give out a pointer or 2... well, thanks in advance and hats off to you.
I have a 2gig u3 from sandisk.i dis-like those programs it runs but like it better after i broke down the 4 partions, reformated, and installed an "xpfromcd" livepc from moka5.it seems too sir-real and i think it is not 100% solo.
question: is there a way to shrink winxp,convert it or other wise wave wonde over it and run it as the u3 program did of my flash drive?
question 2: i am still unfamilliar with most of linux but should i be running linux as a base os? if so, which flavor?
question 3: is there anyone here age 35-45 from Karlsrue or one of its communities?
I am not tring to do multi posting as only the first question is needed. For the other 2 questions, you can reply here or back to me by email.
thanks again Terry

#2 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 12 May 2007 - 12:02 PM

Hi Terry - welcome to boot-land.net!! :confused1:

I doubt you'd be able to do exactly as you've mentioned on U3 flash drives.

Maybe moka5 would present itself as a good solution for what you seek, but here you will only find OS that work when you use them to boot from your pendisk or CD/DVD.

You could try out WinBuilder's projects - especially mobileOS for a full XP type of boot disk, althought it might require some more work to get it done.

The other projects (VistaPE, LiveXP, nativeEx, nativePE) are considerably smaller/easier/faster to test and create - but are mainly a reduced version of windows not supporting all features you're probably looking for.. :confused1:

Why would you need linux?

You should however get yourself a Windows XP/Vista CD or DVD to create our projects here.

There are also plenty of ready to download ISO's with linux OS's inside, but our works are mostly done on Windows XP SP2 and Windows Vista as base OS.. :confused1:

What is Karlsrue? Is it a city? :confused1:

:confused1:

#3 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 12 May 2007 - 01:16 PM

question 3: is there anyone here age 35-45 from Karlsrue or one of its communities?

Maybe you mean the city Karlsruhe in Germany.
Then repeat your yuestion in the German forum.

Peter

#4 TERRY C SR

TERRY C SR
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 14 May 2007 - 06:17 AM

Maybe you mean the city Karlsruhe in Germany.
Then repeat your yuestion in the German forum.

Peter

sorry guys, it looks like i responded directly back to peter and not the forum. anyway i do have a lic. copy of win xp pro full install. a livexp from cd running just fine from a 10 Gb partition on a toshiba gigabeat f40 mp3 player and as of about 4 hours ago, a stripped down version i did with nlite that i can grab for gaming. i droped the size on the install disk down to 142 mb. it in flaited to just over 2gb and shows 16 processes in task mngr with the task mngr B N 1 of them. it is not a big reduction but helps alot when i oc my rig and go big gameing
got to go . back after work

#5 blackmirror

blackmirror

Frequent Member

• Lady
  • 302 posts
  • Interests:Art music and computers
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 03 June 2007 - 07:14 AM

Hello and welcome from me to you

1 user(s) are reading this topic