#1 boulcat

boulcat

• Advanced user
  • 51 posts
  •  
    Belgium

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:03 PM

Win8.1SE for blind people

For my blinds, visually impaired friends and for my uncle Rémond, who only see the shadows or the light now.

Win8.1SE Blind is based on the awesome ChrisR's Win8.1SE. Thanks a lot.
With the addition of the screen reading software JAWS 15.0.9023 32-bit or NVDA
And also Magnifixer a screen magnifier utility, ZoomIt. These applications are in apps\ScreenReading folder.

Jaws is available in English,French,German and Spanish, to choose, following the 15.0 versions available for the moment.
if you wish, you can selected a Vocalizer Expressive Voices to download first http://www.freedomsc...rExpressive.asp attention to the size, Ram available.

Not by me, I added AbiWord Portable, Adobe Reader XI, HWiNFO32, Teamviewer in addition to other preselected apps as IE 11, better for Jaws, or media player classic for your audio files.
How to read PDF Files in Adobe Reader with JAWS http://www.freedomsc...S-and-MAGic.asp

Download Win8.1SE Blind, 377 Mb :

Build:
If you do not have Windows 8.1 32 bit (x86), there is a button on the main script with a list, url of Windows 8.1 Enterprise evaluations.
The ISO must be extracted in a folder. 
In Winbuilder, Win81SE82_Builder.exe, select your windows 8.1 32 bit in tab source, box directory (%SourceDir%)
Made your settings, Jaws language, perhaps additional audio drivers and then run the project.

The building is quite heavy, with Jaws, 2Gb Ram seems well to work properly.
I would not make support, I do not have time but perhaps a new package later, following your comments or other Apps that seem essential for the blind or visually impaired.
It has been a big job on Jaws, not really easy, I hope you will appreciate.

• devdevadev likes this

#2 devdevadev

devdevadev

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 540 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:44 PM

Download Win8.1SE Blind, 377 Mb :

Hello 'boulcat'............

First tons of thanks for sharing 'Win8.1SE Blind'. I am a visually handicapped student and  'Win8.1SE_x64_Blind' is going to be very useful for me.............

Are above download links of 'Win8.1SE_x64_Blind' ?

If not then please upload 'Win8.1SE_x64_Blind' because I need UEFI booting............

#3 JanuszChmiel

JanuszChmiel

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 201 posts
  •  
    Czech_ Republic

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:45 PM

Dear,

Who have helped You to incorporate Jaws to The live project?

It had to be very difficult.

Was it somebody from reboot pro community or from Win8 Se community from other discussion forum?

Please, if i can plea You, do Yours best to not get in to The copyright conflicts.

Win8 PE project is not in The copyright infringement, so i Am strongly plea all blind users, do not compromite this complex project.

Process of validating copyright from Microsoft anti piracy team have been passed, but some disuse of this project can bring it to non legal watters.

So be very careful mainly while making somethink with Jaws.

Freedom scientifists is powerful company and it deeply and closely cooperate with Microsoft Corp.

May be, that it is not big interest of big companyes, so visually impaired users would be able to repair their computers thanks to live projects.

Ideal live projects is always based strictly only on WAIK installation source or on The Windows assessment and deployment kit. But we can not use NVDA or other screen readers on this environment, because audiosrv.dll, Windows sound service and dependent components are not The part even of The newest Windows assessment and deployment kit.

So to be 100 % legal as a Blind user, every blind user would had to own external USB connectable speech synthesizer such as Dectalk express, Aria palmtop, somebody would had to install .sys drivers for those synthesizers to The Windows live project based on WAIK or newer platform, and project would had to contain some explorer.exe shell replacement and NVDA would to be run manually by pressing first letter of it name.

But how to manage Microsoft visual C++ redistributable dlls?

What about other hydden issues related to .tlb object libraries?

Oleacc.dll is included on Waik and newer platforms.

But those projects would force blind advanced users or system administrators to buy expensive external hardware.

But project would had to be 100 % legal.

If somebody would be able to develop audiosrv.dll with procedures and functions like in original, but codes of procedures would be made completely from scratch, users would use USB audio cart while using live projects based on WAIK or WIndows assesment and installation kit.

But it would be also illegal, because if somebody would dump functions and procedures names from audiosrv.dll, eventhough somebody would be so clever, that somebody would make code of those functions completely from scratch, resulted .dll would work, Microsoft would not like this programmers too much.

There is no legal Windows sound alternative, so i can not find some service, which would work as a Windows sound service, some service made by some other than Microsoft, compatible with Microsoft operating system.

I Am writing about it, because some components will not be available as The part of preinstalled environments.

So developers must take data from original installation sources of full Windows operating system.

But we are helpless, there is no way to overcome this copyright dilema, unfortunately.

#4 boulcat

boulcat

• Advanced user
  • 51 posts
  •  
    Belgium

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:57 PM

Humm, yes but maybe not !

I believe there are no really to worry if you have the Jaws license on your PC.

After all, it can be regarded as a true version of Jaws Portable.

Currently, a blind familiar with Jaws, must have a PC with Jaws installed, it can not therefore read his mails, forums or others if he travels a little.

Without a true portable version (Windows ToGo, WinPE) or the license incorporated into the portable version by Freedom scientific, It can not also repair his PC.

To summarize, if you have purchased a license, I think you can build and use without problem.

Otherwise, you must use NVDA and, in addition, it works with Win8.1SE x64.

You, who have tried both Jaws and NVDA, Is there a significant difference in the use ?

Otherwise, I tell my uncle, a computer fan especially before losing his sight, to stop paying and use NVDA on his home PC and also in PE portable version elsewhere.

Edited by boulcat, 20 June 2014 - 05:03 PM.

#5 Zimmy

Zimmy

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:07 PM

Some people prefer Jaws and some people prefer NVDA. My personal opinion is that NVDA's object navigation is not quite as intuitive as using the Jaws cursor, but as I said it is all a matter of preference. NVDA also lacks some of the more advanced features in Jaws, but that is to be expected since NVDA is open source so the developers invest their time for free. However, what ever your preference might be, since a PE is generally only going to be used in emergency situations, for both legal and technical reasons it is probably simpler to use NVDA. NVDA has more than enough functionality to handle most of what you are likely to do while booted into a PE.

Edited by Zimmy, 20 June 2014 - 09:16 PM.

#6 boulcat

boulcat

• Advanced user
  • 51 posts
  •  
    Belgium

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:02 PM

Thanks for your answer, it is hard for us to have the same resentment. I believe there is, for many also, some familiarity or habit.
When I showed for the first time NVDA, My uncle wanted to show me quickly his dexterity with Jaws that he uses every days. 
I was really impressed, he makes almost everything with his desktop PC, more easily than I could assume, in addition to be a real typist.
For him, who goes frequently with friends or in family holiday, he can not take away Jaws. It is the reason of my development and the pleasure of sharing with him.

As said above, for those who have a purchased license, I think that there is no legality concerns.
However, I can only applaud the NVDA open source project. The latest version 2014.2 is moreover included in the sharing project above for those who prefer but it is not selected by default.
I hope that my sharing remains, nevertheless, a good thing with the choice between the two screen readers.
Good weekend.

ps: I don't know why, but copy, paste (Ctrl C, Ctrl V oru right click) does not work here with IE11 but it works with google chrome.

#7 Zimmy

Zimmy

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:16 AM

I don't know the specifics of the legality of using Jaws in this particular case if you already have a license on your machine, but be aware that companies like Freedom Scientific can occasionally be touchy about such things.

As for copying and pasting with IE 11, that is interesting.  At least one other member and myself had a problem pasting text into the forum editor a couple of weeks ago.  I had assumed that the problem was with the forum, but now that you mention it, it occurs to me that I had just upgraded to IE 11 before the problem began.  I am now using a different machine with IE 10 and I noticed the problem is gone, but it never occurred to me that the cause might be IE.

#8 boulcat

boulcat

• Advanced user
  • 51 posts
  •  
    Belgium

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:39 AM

Zimmy,
I tried with IE 10 and Yes, copy paste works normally
So the problem seems indeed related to IE 11, regardless if Jaws or Nvda runs or not.
It is quite annoying, IE 11 is the default browser in Windows 8.1 and it is installed on most Windows 7 now.
I read that there is also other issues on the forum engine, such as to create a new account,... I hope admins will solve them.

#9 boulcat

boulcat

• Advanced user
  • 51 posts
  •  
    Belgium

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:44 AM

About my sharing, I understand that there may be a legal issues with Jaws.
However, Win8.1SE and the other scripts added seem OK.
I do not get feedbacks from visually impaired people. Let me know if you have any suggestions, improvements to do ?
Maybe you prefer other projects like mutiPE. Maybe it is only me but I never got a good build out of the box, always some errors!
I'm seeing and the work done is for you, not for me, I am not in a competition, 
Tell me if you need somethingwithout promises but I can try.

#10 JanuszChmiel

JanuszChmiel

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 201 posts
  •  
    Czech_ Republic

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:11 AM

Dear,

do You think, that You would try to debug Win 8 PE to support USB audio devices like in Win7 PE?

You would try some kernel debuggers, because Win8 pro members do not have enough time to solve this.

USB audio devices do not work in Win8 PE, but in Win7 PE, there is no issue.

Thank You for YOurs time, it will not be easy. Some utility with .exe is used to detect plug and play devices.

But blind user can not fetch The error message. Because errors are displayed in command Window.

Because other USB devices such as external harddisks are working perfectly.

But USB audio devices no.

I Am suggesting You to review existing scripts to see, if dism.exe is being used for adding USB audio drivers.

Win7 PE project have used dism.exe to add drivers to The registry of resulted .wim file.

So if You have some time, it would be very good.

#11 boulcat

boulcat

• Advanced user
  • 51 posts
  •  
    Belgium

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:31 PM

I did not know there were trouble with the USB audio. The script is the original one and the audio works fine for me.
By looking, the following drivers seem to be integrated by default:
AudioEndpoint.inf, hdaudbus.inf, hdaudio.inf, ks.inf, kscaptur.inf, ksfilter.inf, wdmaudio.inf and wdma_usb.inf for the USB Audio.

Is your audio equipment works in a real Windows 8.1 ? on my side, I  do not have USB Audio hardware to see what happens
It is perhaps not easy for you but can you give details of the drivers with the driver files, the hardware ID number on Windows 8.1 or in Win7PE from device management, right click, properties on the USB audio, once your device connected ?

#12 Ivan Kostov

Ivan Kostov

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
    Serbia

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:18 AM

Hi, i tryed this project on vm ware, but when jaws is loaded i got a message, 1 or more componets are missing, please reinstall this product and try again.

Any help?

#13 boulcat

boulcat

• Advanced user
  • 51 posts
  •  
    Belgium

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:24 AM

Hi,
Jaws is pretty greedy to start, do you have enough RAM ?
Here it works fine with 2 GB of Ram in Virtual machine or in Real computer.

Edited by boulcat, 15 July 2014 - 10:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users