#1 Olafbj

Olafbj
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    Norway

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:33 PM

Hi there

Maybe some of you can help me out. I've tried anything that I could think of but am stuck. I made a XBOOT Multiboot USB on a 64bit PC with the XBOOT 64bit program. The problem is that the USB boots perfectly on a 32bit machines but not on a 64bit. Have any of you had that problem, or even better, know the solution to this problem?

#2 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7566 posts
  • Interests:computers, programming (masm,vb6,C,vbs), photography,TV,films
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:21 PM

Since no one else has reported this issue AFAIK, maybe you can give precise details like how many 1000's of 64-bit systems you have tested and what were these systems and what CPUs they contained and what the exact symptoms were?

#3 Olafbj

Olafbj
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    Norway

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:18 PM

Nice attitude steve6375, had a rough saturday night ?!?! I have tried on a several laptops that I have here at home, both 32bit and 64bit. Still havent figured out what the problem is, but I tried installing syslinux with RMPrepUSB and that did the trick, works on all machines now, dont know why. And that no one has reported this problem doesnt change anything, no one knows a problem exists until someone reports it or stumbles upon it for the first time. Work on your manners Steve.

#4 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7566 posts
  • Interests:computers, programming (masm,vb6,C,vbs), photography,TV,films
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:53 PM

Well, I saw that you had no replies to your question after 1 day (due to lack of information) and so tried to elicit more details from you in the hope that someone could help with your problem.

I believe XBOOT can use either grub4dos or syslinux and from your last post I assume you chose syslinux??? Still no idea what ISO/payloads you were trying though???

We are still no wiser and still nowhere near understanding the original problem or solving it.

By '32-bit' and '64-bit', I assume you are talking about the processor?

So are you saying that XBOOT did not boot at all, or tried to boot but something happened (what exactly)?

Does an XBOOT drive (that shows the same problem) boot OK from a VM (e.g. VBox with 64-bit CPU configured)?

Are you sure it is the 'bitness' of the system that is the problem - if so why do you think that, rather than the problem being to do with the system chipset or BIOS?

P.S. XBoot is no longer supported as the author (shamur) has passed away and we have no sources. You could try my Easy2Boot project instead which is supported (even after a heavy Saturday night!) :loleverybody:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users