drivers sp1 win7 win7pese

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Van Loggins

Van Loggins
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:29 PM

Guys I'm using the latest version of the win7pe se project trying to build using a win7 Ultimate X86 SP1 refresh disk (iso downloaded from digital river)

I downloaded the latest driverpacks for mass storage, lan, and wlan from driverpacks for x86 win7 and then added the unzipped folder with drivers for each pack to the appropriate location in the workbench.

I'm able to build my iso but am getting problems with the added drivers when I try to boot the iso in virtualbox, it's crapping out while trying to boot giving errors about all of the intel sata raid drivers (iastor, iastora, etc) so I had to go back and completely remove those drivers and then rebuild.

now it proceeds normally past the windows 7 logo during boot but immediately blue screens with an error about bad hardware info.

Any ideas on how to get it to boot normally?

If it helps I've tried building it on a system that is running windows 7 ultimate SP1 X64 and on a system that is running windows 7 ultimate SP1 X86 with the same results.

#2 u2o

u2o

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 257 posts
  •  
    Argentina

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:38 AM

Hi! and Welcome!

To save hours of suffering, I recommend you: start from scratch. Uncompress again (http://w7pese.cwcodes.net/Compressed/ Win7PE_SE to another folder (you don't delete the project wich has a fail, maybe you have added more scripts ... and while you aren't sure, better not delete anything).

To avoid further problems, also I suggest to you that the first time, try to build Win7PE_SE, without adding anything. Just set the directory where is the origin of installation of Windows7 (iso uncompressed) and press the play button in WinBuilder.

If it works well.... then you can add more features.

Please comment the results obtained.

Greetings!

#3 Van Loggins

Van Loggins
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:51 AM

OK I've got it working, had to change how I was integrating the driverspack.

just have one thing remaining, are there any other antivirus scripts that work in less than 2GB of system ram? I ran into an issue with how Avira was setup to work. The sophos script seems to work ok, but I'd like to be able to have two different programs to scan with on my PE disk..

#4 u2o

u2o

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 257 posts
  •  
    Argentina

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:52 AM

1GB of RAM should be enough ...

I always try to Win7PE_SE (the WIM image) not greater than 300MB. That is, not to include all applications to be loaded into memory.
If you have a WIM image (Win7PE_x86.ISO - >> \sources\boot.wim) with 1GB in size, you need 2GB of RAM on the machine.
With my 300MB WIM image, I can use Win7PE_SE on machines with only 768MB of RAM.

After you load Win7PE_SE, depends on the application that you open, the memory that it consumes.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: drivers, sp1, win7, win7pese

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users