Windows 7 gets new updates to spy as much as Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#26 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 01 September 2015 - 04:15 PM

we talk about the usa and what they give to us ["mostly bombs"]

Sorry, you are wrong.

This topic is not about the usa and what they give to us.

This topic is about Win7.

Peter

#27 sixcentgeorge

sixcentgeorge

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 191 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 01 September 2015 - 05:10 PM

win7 and spying user...

may be an other movie made before 9/11/2001 :  

Enemy of the State (1998)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120660/

all of us saw it , is it what happens to assange of wikileaks ...

spying users directly under windows , is the last step after telecoms of being too much intrusive in others life .

plus that has no sens , is it the job of police to be a spy ...later a thief using what was acquired like that...?

one other question : have read something about journalists being killed "during live" , by an other one of the same tv ?

stopping this kind of crime should be the usa top priority....not using tools to steal others brain work , money ....

#28 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 01 September 2015 - 06:06 PM

one other question : have read something about journalists being killed "during live" , by an other one of the same tv ?
stopping this kind of crime should be the usa top priority....not using tools to steal others brain work , money ....

Sure, why do you believe that "they" are profiling all citizens?

Of course next step will be to have Precrime (another concept put on paper well before 2001):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precrime

I will however cite something that was written even earlier, dating back to 1755:
https://en.wikiquote...njamin_Franklin

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

:duff:
Wonko

#29 sixcentgeorge

sixcentgeorge

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 191 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 01 September 2015 - 06:31 PM

when a country has in the public hands nearly one gun per human...i think there is something wrong...[ especially for visitors non usa citizens ]

[i was able to load the svg [ first image ] of the wiki page but posting was not accepted ...]

from wiki : https://en.wikipedia...pita_by_country

searching all guns there is an ant or Hercule's job

#30 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 02 September 2015 - 12:02 AM

Simple batch to remove Windows 10 offer/spam and tracking from Win 7/8

Custom brute-force batch (paste code to notepad and save as cmd):

powershell get-hotfix -id kb2977759,kb2990214,kb2952664,kb3021917,kb3022345,kb3068708,kb3035583,kb3044374,kb2976978,kb3050265,kb3075249,kb3080149
@ECHO off
COLOR 16
ECHO
ECHO Removing Windows 10 Update offers
ECHO ver 08/20/2015
start /wait wusa /uninstall /kb:2977759 /quiet /norestart
start /wait wusa /uninstall /kb:2990214 /quiet /norestart
start /wait wusa /uninstall /kb:2952664 /quiet /norestart
start /wait wusa /uninstall /kb:3021917 /quiet /norestart
start /wait wusa /uninstall /kb:3022345 /quiet /norestart
start /wait wusa /uninstall /kb:3068708 /quiet /norestart
start /wait wusa /uninstall /kb:3035583 /quiet /norestart
start /wait wusa /uninstall /kb:3044374 /quiet /norestart
start /wait wusa /uninstall /kb:2976978 /quiet /norestart
start /wait wusa /uninstall /kb:3050265 /quiet /norestart
start /wait wusa /uninstall /kb:3075249 /quiet /norestart
start /wait wusa /uninstall /kb:3080149 /quiet /norestart
ECHO
ECHO Spyware were sucessfully uninstalled!
ECHO ===========================================
ECHO
ECHO Don't forget disable these updates:
ECHO Windows 7:
ECHO KB2977759, KB2990214, KB2952664, KB3021917,
ECHO KB3022345, KB3068708, KB3035583, KB3075249
ECHO and KB3080149
ECHO Windows 8/8.1:
ECHO KB3022345, KB3068708, KB3035583, KB3044374
ECHO KB2976978, KB3075249 and KB3080149
ECHO
ECHO Press any key to restart.
ECHO
PAUSE
C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe /r /t 10 /c "This system will restart in 10 seconds"
EXIT

Source:  http://forums.mydigi...ng-from-Win-7-8

• Brito and sixcentgeorge like this

#31 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 02 September 2015 - 02:58 AM

And a very drastical Script:  Block Windows Spying Simple Script to Stop Spying

Page link: https://blockwindows.wordpress.com/

Download link: https://github.com/W...s/BlockWindows/

I strongly suggest DO NOT use it if you don't know what changes it makes, check yourself the Scrip and all the other files the Script calls,  in order to make the required changes for your preferences, and make a Restore Point before run it.

• sixcentgeorge and Blackcrack like this

#32 Blackcrack

Blackcrack

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 458 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 02 September 2015 - 06:03 AM

cool.. on something did i not thinking.. batch and easy let remove..

well, where you on it, can you maybe binding into also disable these updates in the "Windows Update" :dubbio: ?

is this possible.. i have since more as 2 years nothing do any more in this direction ..

alacran :good: , you be one of the peoples who have really make something, thank you ! :1st:

best regards

Blacky

#33 sixcentgeorge

sixcentgeorge

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 191 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 02 September 2015 - 07:14 AM

this solution shows well win10 is still made on 7...8.1...
as removing use windows update...

in win 7 or 8 click with right mouse button above the selected updates , then hide in menu

ECHO Don't forget disable these updates:
ECHO Windows 7:

#34 Blackcrack

Blackcrack

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 458 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 02 September 2015 - 07:24 AM

well, if possible, why not all in once in one shellscript... if works .. why not..

and if not installed.. disable directly to be not possible to install by

install/update the whole windows ..  so if you have an fresh install win7

and before the update runs, run this script and disable it all directly (if not install'd )

if this possible, would be very fine, because,then it is at start blocked .. by windows update

if this possible.. for disable per c0mm4andl1n3 "windowsupdate disable update 1234313" and so on ..

something in this direction .. and this in the script ..

set winupds = "2977759 2990214 2952664 3021917 3022345 3068708 3035583 3044374 2976978 3050265 3075249  3080149"

start /wait wusa /uninstall /kb:%winupds% /quiet /norestart

(

and if this works :

start /wait wusa /disable /kb:%winupds% /quiet /norestart

)

if this works with setting up it with variable, tell me :) it's only a suggestion/idea

best regards

Blacky

#35 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 02 September 2015 - 05:42 PM

cool.. on something did i not thinking.. batch and easy let remove..
well, where you on it, can you maybe binding into also disable these updates in the "Windows Update" :dubbio: ?
is this possible.. i have since more as 2 years nothing do any more in this direction ..
alacran :good: , you be one of the peoples who have really make something, thank you ! :1st:

best regards
Blacky

Scripts in post #31 uninstall and hide updates, also blocks many MS sites (Including OUTLOOK, HOTMAIL, LIVE.COM, WINDOWS UPDATE) using the hosts file (not working in Win10, it bypasses hosts file).
That's why I strongly recommend to check and make required changes for your preferences. Just open the Scripts in edit mode, read it carefully and follow the instructions in them. DON'T forget to make a Restore Point before run it.

Best Regards

alacran

#36 erwan.l

erwan.l

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3041 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 02 September 2015 - 06:12 PM

Disabling updates to me does not seem wise : many of these updates are useful if not necessary.

The proper process would be to review each update (they are documented) before applying and disabling the ones you dont want but ppl are too lazy to do that.

As a whole, is it worth installing windows 10 if one disable many features (some of them  being core) and live in fear of being spyed upon?

I am more concerned about my government spying on me for obscure reasons and potentially using informations against me (read 1984 from G.Orwell).

Whats the worse than can happen with MS retrieving informations ? targeted advertisements? illegal software disabled?

Not to mention that it is not proven yet right?

Are you applying the same drastic countermeasures on your IOS device? against your android device? on gmail? on facebook?

Also, how much your postman? your doctor? your car repair man? :)

Dont get me wrong, I am not saying we should not care about our privacy.

I am saying that maybe this whole discussion about the bad guys at Microsoft and the evil windows 10 is may be a bit over exagerated.

• v77 likes this

#37 sixcentgeorge

sixcentgeorge

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 191 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 02 September 2015 - 06:30 PM

i wonder why you do the M$-Dog..?

M$ is a great and easy way for govs to install spying software and "as they listen" all the bandwith , use the infos ...

by the way , you seem to say windows is and always has been a good os ...

you should check "services" , i made a study of them with win7 and for helping NTLite author...

you can see that from nt4 , print spooler is always on...even when there is none...

if your pc has a tpm module...the hardware driver is installed but not the dedicated service ...same goes with fingerprints readers...

these two service "should be very useful for privacy" and can make passwords that are really hard to break...

i mean that M$ does not search to really be a bff for its customers...like most stars of instagram or tweeter ..that never make post to their fans ...[ may be someone here has an exemple saying i am wrong ] but these stars never forget to take as much money as they can from their fans... of course with only one big thank you for all...

i am a bit "evil" but it s nearly that

#38 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 02 September 2015 - 06:48 PM

Disabling updates to me does not seem wise : many of these updates are useful if not necessary.

The proper process would be to review each update (they are documented) before applying and disabling the ones you dont want but ppl are too lazy to do that.

Well it was fine some time ago, but now MS doesn't give accurate info, all info is not clear anymore.

#39 erwan.l

erwan.l

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3041 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 02 September 2015 - 06:55 PM

i wonder why you do the M$-Dog..?

M$ is a great and easy way for govs to install spying software and "as they listen" all the bandwith , use the infos ...

by the way , you seem to say windows is and always has been a good os ...

you should check "services" , i made a study of them with win7 and for helping NTLite author...

you can see that from nt4 , print spooler is always on...even when there is none...

if your pc has a tpm module...the hardware driver is installed but not the dedicated service ...same goes with fingerprints readers...

these two service "should be very useful for privacy" and can make passwords that are really hard to break...

i mean that M$ does not search to really be a bff for its customers...like most stars of instagram or tweeter ..that never make post to their fans ...[ may be someone here has an exemple saying i am wrong ] but these stars never forget to take as much money as they can from their fans... of course with only one big thank you for all...

i am a bit "evil" but it s nearly that

a "M$-dog"? :)

I have never been called that way.

I have been an IT admin managing thousand of devices using many different OSes : I liked them all with their pros and cons.

I am just saying :

-if you dont like it, dont use it. As simple as that.

-if you like it, read the EULA, buy the license and enjoy !

Just wondering : what OS did you use to type this message?

I could add that the irony is that most user cursing "M$" dont even buy their licences but I'll stop that discussion right now before being called other nicknames.

/Erwan

#40 Zoso

Zoso

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 640 posts
  •  
    Isle of Man

Posted 02 September 2015 - 06:57 PM

hi all,

I am saying that maybe this whole discussion about the bad guys at Microsoft and the evil windows 10 is may be a bit over exagerated.

youve made some good point here. like why bother with it at all if you dont trust it, thats what Ive been thinking too but some folks are suggesting the stuff is getting into W7 now too.

you mention also it is not your government but microsoft, I see them both as corporations which serve the same master but my perspective on this is way beyond any normal one.

corpse/corporation, the dead world. idol worship, man acting as, fictions, legal fictions, identity crisis.

and your point about other devices and actors (postman, doctors, etc.) is a great one too! because you are right, it is not only W10, it is all corporations and incorporated (men and women with identity crisis AKA Agents)

I kinda like what is happening with this whole W10 deal, it is helping people become more aware of these things.

my thoughts about it FWIW

thanks

#41 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 02 September 2015 - 06:58 PM

As a whole, is it worth installing windows 10 if one disable many features (some of them  being core) and live in fear of being spyed upon?
I am more concerned about my government spying on me for obscure reasons and potentially using informations against me (read 1984 from G.Orwell).

Whats the worse than can happen with MS retrieving informations ? targeted advertisements? illegal software disabled?
Not to mention that it is not proven yet right?

Are you applying the same drastic countermeasures on your IOS device? against your android device? on gmail? on facebook?

Also, how much your postman? your doctor? your car repair man? :)

Dont get me wrong, I am not saying we should not care about our privacy.

It's sad :( to see how you use the same fallacious argument of "and what about this other thing".

The risk (which is NOT about the "evil" guys at MS particularly or about Windows 10 only it is also about EVERY OTHER guy, good or bad and EVERY OTHER OS including, to name one so that the good Linux guys can intervene, UBUNTU, as Canonical is not "so much better") is about the gathering of ALL data and WHERE these data is stored and WHO will have access to the WHOLE stuff.

To follow you on your (otherwise senseless ) example of the postman+doctor+repairman, the infos that they SEPARATELY know about you is not a problem in a city (where they will never meet and exchange their info on you) but it may become an issue in a small village where they know each other and have occasions to disclose some partial info to the one or other (and since all three are good guys and noone records them the potential damage is still marginal).

Wonko

#42 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 02 September 2015 - 06:59 PM

Sorry, double post, please ignore.

Wonko

#43 erwan.l

erwan.l

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3041 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 02 September 2015 - 07:08 PM

It's sad :( to see how you use the same fallacious argument of "and what about this other thing".

The risk (which is NOT about the "evil" guys at MS particularly or about Windows 10 only it is also about EVERY OTHER guy, good or bad and EVERY OTHER OS including, to name one so that the good Linux guys can intervene, UBUNTU, as Canonical is not "so much better") is about the gathering of ALL data and WHERE these data is stored and WHO will have access to the WHOLE stuff.

To follow you on your (otherwise senseless ) example of the postman+doctor+repairman, the infos that they SEPARATELY know about you is not a problem in a city (where they will never meet and exchange their info on you) but it may become an issue in a small village where they know each other and have occasions to disclose some partial info to the one or other (and since all three are good guys and noone records them the potential damage is still marginal).

Wonko

The example of the doctor was to challenge us : how sure can you be that they dont store your datas in some cloud? worse : how sure can you be that they dont trade some informations (partial or not) with some organizations?

My point is :

-Microsoft is actually "transparently" (i am going to get nailed for that..) stating what they could eventually do if you use their software (when many others wont tell you).

-It has not yet been proven that private datas is actually been sent out of your OS at the moment (couple of security experts did their sniffing and could not find anything peculiar)

-Again, if you dont like it, dont use it

-Lets stick to facts

-Lets be consistent : dont be paranoid after MS while using gmail and facebook all day long.

#44 sixcentgeorge

sixcentgeorge

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 191 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 02 September 2015 - 07:18 PM

most of the time i use win7x64..

the computer i use most of the time for browsing , torrents ...is a hp touchsmart that is having win 10 pro insider preview build 10122 .

i killed win update by disabling service ...by now it does not want to upgrade itself...

the win 10 has the first drivers ati dx12 ...that works smoother with a hd7770 mobile but there are a lot of crash when memory is fully used...

i did a backup of its files ...i ll go back to win7 soon ...i have to create the install dvd with its drivers using ntlite . but the pc having ntlite , has its psu died twice in a row...europe corsair support is very good and test very quickly hardware he gets . they send me the new psu the day they had the broken..

#45 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 02 September 2015 - 07:23 PM

My point is :
-Microsoft is actually "transparently" (i am going to get nailed for that..) stating what they could eventually do if you use their software (when many others wont tell you).
-It has not yet been proven that private datas is actually been sent out of your OS at the moment (couple of security experts did their sniffing and could not find anything peculiar)
-Again, if you dont like it, dont use it
-Lets stick to facts
-Lets be consistent : dont be paranoid after MS while using gmail and facebook all day long.

Yep, and part of your point may well apply to Windows 10 but hardly so on this "retro-fitting" on Windows 7/8/8.1, but again nothing that the good MS guys do very differently from other people.

And, consider this as an exercise, go try and find all the personal info you can on me on Facebook and on Twitter. :whistling:

Wonko

#46 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 02 September 2015 - 07:23 PM

Another double post, sorry. :(

Wonko

#47 v77

v77

Silver Member

• Team Reboot
  • 602 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 02 September 2015 - 07:25 PM

What the system is supposed to do if you have a printer that is unplugged? Should it consider that you have a printer or not?
And what about the non physical printer, such as the "Microsoft XPS Document Writer", and other things such as fax?
Your "study" seems a bit limited...

It's like all these new "evil" updates for Windows 7: are these new features really used to get informations on what the user is doing? Do these features really bypass the consent to the "Customer Experience Improvement Program"? If there are connections to some Microsoft servers, are there really personal data sent?
Without answering these questions, the whole topic is useless.

And about Windows 10: what are the services related to the telemetry? I have read the description of each installed service, and I found no service related to that. No service at all!
There is so many things that are funny... or frightening, such as people who are using the hosts file as a firewall (I have never read anywhere that the hosts file was meant to block connections).

#48 sixcentgeorge

sixcentgeorge

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 191 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 02 September 2015 - 07:36 PM

erwan.l , M$ installs spywares to make money ...not fun...

but like tracking cookies , you can use it to have "better webpages" : go visit some websites offering ukraine or russian women for $...then all adds will be showing sexy girls...

or use addblock either....

v77 : does winnt4 or 2000 has xps "printer" , fax printer are out dated they were invented by modem makers before 2000...by now no one has it anymore ...does ebay use fax ?

what do you think about tpm and fingerprints "not fully loaded" ...?

#49 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 02 September 2015 - 07:43 PM

There is so many things that are funny... or frightening, such as people who are using the hosts file as a firewall (I have never read anywhere that the hosts file was meant to block connections).

Then my dear friend you need to read a few more.   :idea:    :clown:

http://www.msfn.org/...-in-windows-10/

http://www.msfn.org/...ock-by-default/

#50 erwan.l

erwan.l

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3041 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 02 September 2015 - 07:56 PM

Then my dear friend you need to read a few more.   :idea:    :clown:

http://www.msfn.org/...-in-windows-10/

The hosts file is definitely not a pseudo firewall nor a safe way to block connections.

It is only used for hostname resolution and actually the dnsapi provides ways to bypass this file (to directly use dns servers) which means many softwares/services will be clever enough to resolve a hostname to ip and connect to that hostname.

The builtin firewall would be a more efficient way (by adding rules) but here again, a developper can easily bypass it.

It is seems that the common knowledge about this windows features is not there yet.

Too bad as this can be scripted as well.

But we are deviating from the topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users