26 replies to this topic

#1 Earthling

Earthling

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:13 PM

Not used Winbuilder for a couple of years but wanted to get Win7PE as my old VistaPE build has an old version of Acronis that is of no use to me. However every time I run winbuilder with Win7PE selected my download fails at some stage, though never yet more than once at the same file. I don't have any other problems so I'm sure it's the server that is failing me. All these failed downloads are greatly inflating my capped usage so is there an alternative server I can try?

Edited by Earthling, 09 January 2011 - 03:14 PM.

#2 al_jo

al_jo

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1218 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:41 PM

Not used Winbuilder for a couple of years but wanted to get Win7PE as my old VistaPE build has an old version of Acronis that is of no use to me. However every time I run winbuilder with Win7PE selected my download fails at some stage, though never yet more than once at the same file. I don't have any other problems so I'm sure it's the server that is failing me. All these failed downloads are greatly inflating my capped usage so is there an alternative server I can try?

There is some info here:
http://win7pe.winbuilder.net/

#3 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:39 PM

Do you mean the server on mediafire? Or something else??? If your still having issues, PM me for an alternative...

#4 Earthling

Earthling

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:37 PM

I clicked the download link here

http://reboot.pro/forum/22/

and it took me here

http://www.fileserve.com/file/YhsVqBD

I then simply ran that version of winbuilder.exe with Win7PE checked. It fails during file download every time.

#5 Earthling

Earthling

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:28 PM

I tried the same procedure when logged in using IE8 and this time it completed without errors. In all previous attempts I was using Chrome and not logged in.

#6 PaPeuser

PaPeuser

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 787 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:30 PM

Download package from this link
http://www.mediafire...4vug4adgbavjs2c

You can not download Win7PE_SE from in winbuilder download

download and extract to a folder on C:

package has all you need to make a Win7PE_SE x86 or a x64 build.... :huh:
package includes Winbuilder 080 this works best with Win7PE-SE

when updates for Win7PE_SE come out there will be a new package, updates can not be downloaded from in Winbuilder using Download Center..

#7 Earthling

Earthling

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:47 PM

Yes, I have already done that and it's sitting in its own folder on C ready to run. The one I was having problems with is the one you can select from the list of projects at the bottom of the screen when you first open winbuilder.exe. I shall build both and see if they differ.

I should be OK now, and thanks for responses.

#8 Earthling

Earthling

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:31 PM

Download package from this link http://www.mediafire...4vug4adgbavjs2cYou can not download Win7PE_SE from in winbuilder downloaddownload and extract to a folder on C: package has all you need to make a Win7PE_SE x86 or a x64 build.... :smiling9:package includes Winbuilder 080 this works best with Win7PE-SEwhen updates for Win7PE_SE come out there will be a new package, updates can not be downloaded from in Winbuilder using Download Center..

Just to say this worked without a hitch, so I won't bother with the Download Center version.

Thank you :(

#9 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:49 PM

@Nuno:

I think that it is "High Noon" now to try to give the serious .script developers the ability to upload their projects to "Any Place" provided by reboot.pro.

IMO the FTP choice is not as dangerous as you are suspecting.
FTP access is very sure, depending on the PWD.
If there have been successfull hackings in the past, they have been possible because of the "logical" passwords you have given. E.g. "nativeex" for a domain "NativeEx" can be hacked by bruteforce within some nanoseconds.

A password like A7nX0R1y6NJ5mtZSZRHY IMO is sure enough. (This PWD I just generated with keypass, and it has no correspondence to any existing target)

Maybe we come go back to the 'Old Fashioned Time' when a developer has been able to upload to "his" area.

Peter

#10 al_jo

al_jo

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1218 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:17 PM

I have a small question:
Why is it not possible to make something similar to this for at least one Win7PE project:
http://vistape.winbuilder.net/

Ps. Long live JonF!

#11 PaPeuser

PaPeuser

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 787 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:22 PM

@ al jo
Multi Win7PE
can be found here
http://win7pe.winbuilder.net/Projects/

and i think someone has updated Multi Win7PE around Nov.

I just downloaded Multi Win7PE With WB 080 i did get a message
not all servers are available... close message and it downloaded ok... :(

@pscEX will Win7PE_SE thats almost perfect now, have to be rewritin or redone to work with WB 080T or WB 082???????????????????????????????????????????

why should ChrisR redo a very fine project??

if not then it should not be downloaded in Winbuilder

Remember JFX, JohnF, Lan, Gal, :wodoo:

#12 Earthling

Earthling

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:57 PM

Well, to complete my picture, I just ran Multi WinPE as downloaded from Winbuilder and was immediately informed I would have to find 21 files from somewhere or other. After the simplicity of building Win7PE_SE I just cancelled it. It may be OK for the experts here but for simple users like me who just want a good boot disk it's no use at all.

#13 PaPeuser

PaPeuser

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 787 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:00 PM

Well, to complete my picture, I just ran Multi WinPE as downloaded from Winbuilder and was immediately informed I would have to find 21 files from somewhere or other. After the simplicity of building Win7PE_SE I just cancelled it. It may be OK for the experts here but for simple users like me who just want a good boot disk it's no use at all.

Ok you have many tools you need... look in tools for Win7PE_SE i gathered most tools from other projects
some you can find in programs WAIK folder... :( :wodoo:

#14 al_jo

al_jo

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1218 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:17 PM

@ al jo
Multi Win7PE
can be found here
http://win7pe.winbuilder.net/Projects/

and i think someone has updated Multi Win7PE around Nov.

I just downloaded Multi Win7PE With WB 080 i did get a message
not all servers are available... close message and it downloaded ok... :(

Remember JFX, JohnF, Lan, Gal, :wodoo:

What can you do with this:
win7pe.winbuilder.net
Nothing!!!
Of course I know that there are packages to download but WITHIN winbuilder maybe some people want to have the option to download at least one project!

#15 PaPeuser

PaPeuser

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 787 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:29 PM

What can you do with this:
win7pe.winbuilder.net
Nothing!!!
Of course I know that there are packages to download but WITHIN winbuilder maybe some people want to have the option to download at least one project!

Nothing...????????

I completely agree with you a user should be able to download a win7 project in winbuilder i guess you have not tried MultiPE Lepopard v2 or Multi Win7PEs

you can down load both in WB.. :(

#16 al_jo

al_jo

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1218 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:40 PM

Nothing...????????

I completely agree with you a user should be able to download a win7 project in winbuilder i guess you have not tried MultiPE Lepopard v2 or Multi Win7PEs

you can down load both in WB.. :(

You can NOT!!!
You MUST download the full package first!!!!!

#17 PaPeuser

PaPeuser

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 787 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:52 PM

You can NOT!!!
You MUST download the full package first!!!!!

Well you may have to add a server,, if gathering tools or adding a server is to much :(

I think you need to chill, :wodoo:

GoodLuck Earthling

#18 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:54 PM

@pscEX will Win7PE_SE thats almost perfect now, have to be rewritin or redone to work with WB 080T or WB 082???????????????????????????????????????????

why should ChrisR redo a very fine project??

Can you explain the sence of that?
ChrisR's project is one of the projects I used to do 081?? compatibility checks, and it works for 100% under 081??

I only reported some syntax errors I found during this tests, which will lead to wrong results under 07???, 080, 081, ..

Remember JFX, JohnF, Lan, Gal, :(

JFX disappeared after he called me a "complete idiot" and did not find the applause of the forum for that.
About the other persons: Not my issue. Maybe Nuno explains, if he thinks the time to explain is worth.

Peter

#19 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:55 PM

OK - enough back and forth... :(

1. we long timers (anyone who has been on the forum for 9-12 months and active) knows that there have been some "issues" with the hosting, DDOS's, etc. and that even the original "winbuilder.net" site is long gone.

2. There are still some remnants of projects not well supported or updated or in the winbuilder.ini for pointing to a proper web server that has the projects.

3. without giving anything away, some of the close developers for Win7PE_SE *DO* have a web server that is used to pass things in development.

4. Not sure there is a clear "policy" on this going forward, especially since the demise of the older winbuilder.net. The question before us is SHOULD we have a common winbuilder, with multiple projects in it, and pointers to multiple web servers (as stored in the .ini), etc. -OR- as many current projects have been doing for a while, have a pointer to the current "installer" or compressed archive - often on a site like mediafire - that has a specific tested version of the tool, the ini, the help, the project, etc.

Either is OK. What I think was confusing here was that there is a mixture of things, and inconsistency.

In either case, let's not hijack this thread to thrash that out... :wodoo:

In this case, the question was clarified by pointing the user at the correct files to download for the complete set of files for the project.

Scott

#20 Earthling

Earthling

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:33 PM

...In this case, the question was clarified by pointing the user at the correct files to download for the complete set of files for the project.Scott

... and that's what your users need, unless this site just wants to be a talking shop.

#21 al_jo

al_jo

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1218 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:08 AM

In this case, the question was clarified by pointing the user at the correct files to download for the complete set of files for the project.

Scott

And that I already did in the second post in this topic!
http://reboot.pro/13...847#entry118847
Don’t treat other members as fools!
The fact is:
If somebody have a Winbuilder.exe and start it he/she will have these servers available:
vistape.winbuilder.net
livexp.boot-land.net
maxrealqnx.winbuilder.net/Leopard
naughtype.winbuilder.net
win7pe.winbuilder.net/Projects
win98livecd.winbuilder.net
uxp.winbuilder.net
www.paraglidernc.com/winbuilder

None is usable for making a win7pe ISO rootb!
For me, it’s no problem, but perhaps for newcomers…

Ps. Suggestion:
Remove at least win7pe.winbuilder.net/Projects
until there will be a working downloadable win7pe project using Winbuilder.exe

#22 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:52 PM

Don’t treat other members as fools!

Sorry if you took offense - none was intended, and given the quality of your posts, you're no fool...

The fact is:
If somebody have a Winbuilder.exe and start it he/she will have these servers available:

vistape.winbuilder.net

livexp.boot-land.net

maxrealqnx.winbuilder.net/Leopard

naughtype.winbuilder.net

win7pe.winbuilder.net/Projects

win98livecd.winbuilder.net

uxp.winbuilder.net

www.paraglidernc.com/winbuilder

Actually this depends on the contents of the winbuilder.ini file that is in the winbuilder directory. *IF* one came with winbuilder, it may have different content. (the executable will create one if it doesn't exist, and yes, the default version 80 as linked to from the big button on the main forum does create that listing.

But, since it wasn't 100% clear where it came from, and there are lots of other links and pointers on the forum to different beta/RC versions, etc. I didn't want to assume all of those were present...

BUT, yes, there is room for improvement in the default DL package, and this is clearly a case where many of the older pointers to the project specific web servers are out of date...

That was my point (at least what I was trying to get at) - we should make sure we have a clear direction and a consistent approach...and think about ease of update vs. initially getting a good build, etc.

None is usable for making a win7pe ISO root!
For me, it’s no problem, but perhaps for newcomers…

Yep - it can be an issue if all they see is winbuilder without going to the project specific forum landing page to look at what it says

Ps. Suggestion:
Remove at least win7pe.winbuilder.net/Projects
until there will be a working downloadable win7pe project using Winbuilder.exe

My point was to make a decision first - do we want to have server based pointers at all? If we do, they certainly we should make sure that they work and are documented as such, etc.

BUT if we want to move toward a more "all in one" distribution, where winbuilder becomes just like any other tool in the package - and different projects continue to work with very specific versions of winbuiilder, then we should remove them all...I personally don't have a strong opinion wither way...both are valid choices that depend on what you want to achieve, and only the project "owner" (i.e. of the master copy of winbuilder) can really decide.

And again, sorry if you took any offense at my previous way of explaining this...

Scott

#23 ChrisR

ChrisR

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 784 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:14 AM

I prefer to deliver Win7PE_SE in a complete package, like today in a downlad server, without using the integrated Winbuilder download tools.
I know there was a small issues problem with Multi7 PE Yahoouk's project.

i can solve this issue with this winbuilder.ini and putting it in the package.

[Main]

Enable_RefreshButton=True

WebServer=updates.boot-land.net,vistape.winbuilder.net,livexp.boot-land.net,maxrealqnx.winbuilder.net/Leopard,naughtype.winbuilder.net,win98livecd.winbuilder.net,uxp.winbuilder.net,www.paraglidernc.com/winbuilder

WebServer_Selected=updates.boot-land.net

#24 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:37 AM

That works great for a first time install. However if you update a few scripts its a pain to have to re-download the complete install and overwrite custom settings.

#25 ChrisR

ChrisR

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 784 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:27 PM

Yes, this is true, but it is a choice with a complete and functional package. There have been enough to worry with downloading some projects in the past, to not relive that.

And I really lack time currently to organize the project otherwise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users