193 replies to this topic

#126 Baylink

Baylink

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:28 PM

I don't want to sound like I'm hammering on this, but I know we've had 'English' problems, so I want to take a run at the underlying problem from a practical approach.

This thread:

http://reboot.pro/to...-new-or-legacy/

illustrates why the naming issue is so critical. As Peter points out, there is a very limited amount that he or you, Nuno, can do to force people who write scripts to *label those scripts properly as to what runs them*.

This is why everyone was jumping up and down, more or less informatively :-), about the fact that both scripting engines have the same name:

While they both do roughly the same thing, *they are scripting engines, and they interpret /different, incompatible/ scripting languages*.

*That* was my underlying motivation for asserting that the new one should not have the same name as the original: *they interpret different scripting languages*.

And that's where the pinch point is. For everyone, whether they want to use the new version or the older one.

#127 Scooby

Scooby

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
    Sweden

Posted 15 October 2014 - 07:43 PM

Tried out winbuilder on an arch linux derivative OS

I have no problem with java or cmdline interface.
There could be a little more documentation though.

I like running it through web, seems a little bit clearer to me
but it would be nice to be able to scrollback and look at more than
20 some lines.

Ran AUTO and build proceeded and completed but got this error though

20:03:53 [EXTRACTING] FILES: IEFiles
20:04:00 [ERROR] Error processing file 5/Program Files/Internet Explorer/ieproxy.dll

checking dir winbuilder/output/wim-boot/5/Program Files/Internet Explorer

> ls -l ieproxy.dll
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 160K Oct 15 21:04 ieproxy.dll
> md5sum ieproxy.dll
5fa9311543a7b3ccd36dbe09ea15d5e6 ieproxy.dll

Full log here ( though this was not the first try )

I get a bootdisk.iso but it won't boot, tried with easy2boot, some different ways described by steve
Get to the windows loading files... with progressbar but results in
a message saying: Window failed to load due to kernel is missing

from process ntkrnlpa.exe

See image on below link

http://postimg.org/image/m5uqljs8r/

Any help?

Edited by Scooby, 15 October 2014 - 08:04 PM.

#128 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 16 October 2014 - 03:52 PM

Unfortunatelly, no simple help.

I stepped with debugger through old SVN version 145 (which is base for the published WinBuilder) and found, that there is really a linux / windows path separator bug.

As our SVN version is now above 300 (with many logical changes), it is not so easy to fix the version 145. I'll try nevertheless.

A supposed workaround to get a bootable ISO:

1. In your 'output\wim-boot' directory copy plugins\Internet\InternetExplorer\ieproxy.dll to Windows\System32

2. There are some 'Number' directories like '2' or '5'. Move their contents to the 'Windows' directory. Take care of correct subdirectory levels!

3. In the WinBuilder GUI execute "build wim; build iso;".

That should (I hope) create a bootable win7pe ISO.

Peter

#129 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:19 PM

I stepped with debugger through old SVN version 145 (which is base for the published WinBuilder) and found, that there is really a linux / windows path separator bug.

As our SVN version is now above 300 (with many logical changes), it is not so easy to fix the version 145. I'll try nevertheless.

It would be interesting to know the definition of the "we" that make the "our". :dubbio:

If I get it right :unsure:, there is a "gap" of 155 very minor changes, or 15 not-so-minor ones, or at least 2 major version ones between the "publicly available" Winbuilder and a "private" one in development  and the few[*] users' reports/feedbacks that are of course related to the public release are difficult to implement because of this "gap". :w00t:

Fascinating. :)

:duff:

Wonko

[*] Please notice how the adjective "few" can be indifferently attributed to "users" or to "reports/feedback" :whistling:

#130 Scooby

Scooby

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
    Sweden

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:57 PM

that there is really a linux / windows path separator bug.

As our SVN version is now above 300 (with many logical changes), it is not so easy to fix the version 145.

Is the SVN private or can I do a check out?

Will you fix this issue in the latest SVN-version?

it is not so easy to fix the version 145.

I'll try nevertheless.

As I have a win-install maybe don't waist time fixing 145

but put effort into latest version instead

I also tried winbuilder82 with success

I tried your workaround

1. In your 'output\wim-boot' directory copy plugins\Internet\InternetExplorer\ieproxy.dll to Windows\System32

I don't have that I only have

/output/wim-boot/5/Program\ Files/Internet\ Explorer/ieproxy.dll
/output/wim-boot/5/Windows/winsxs/x86_microsoft-windows-ie-ieproxy_31bf3856ad364e35_8.0.7601.17514_none_acf095821fd4aded/ieproxy.dll

2. There are some 'Number' directories like '2' or '5'. Move their contents to the 'Windows' directory. Take care of correct subdirectory levels!

3. In the WinBuilder GUI execute "build wim; build iso;".

Followed 2. and 3.

build went OK and the resulting ISO was able to boot thank you

Looking forward to updated winbuilder project perhaps with more

alternatives under INSTALL command

Edited by Scooby, 16 October 2014 - 07:59 PM.

#131 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 18 October 2014 - 02:27 PM

The SVN is private.

I made a 145 fix for linux OS. You can download at winbuilder.exec-se.de/Builder/winbuilder.2013.09.01.x.zip
Just unzip into your winbuilder directory and start winbuilder.jar rather than winbuilder.exe.

The current winbuilder version IMO is since a long time ready to publish.

But it is up to Nuno to give green light to publish.

Peter

#132 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 18 October 2014 - 03:02 PM

I see :smiling9:, it's like some some scientific discoveries, they are so advanced that the public is not yet ready for them.

Wonko

#133 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 18 October 2014 - 03:07 PM

When do you start to take lessons to become ready?

Peter :cheers:

• Brito likes this

#134 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 18 October 2014 - 03:57 PM

When do you start to take lessons to become ready?

Actually I was born ready ;).

http://www.imdb.com/...?item=qt0400042

... though for all the other people some actual documentation/syntax may help to introduce the mindboggingly vast quantum leap and make it acceptable/understandable :dubbio: 

Wonko

#135 Scooby

Scooby

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
    Sweden

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:06 PM

I don't understand, Is there any special reasons Nuno

does not wish to publish the latest version?

#136 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:37 PM

I don't understand, Is there any special reasons Nuno does not wish to publish the latest version?

Each release generates aggressive verbal hate, cynicism and plain animosity. This blocked winbuilder since many years to this part because it causes hatred and clashes between the community: http://www.nunobrito...-reboot-empire/

In contrast, developing winbuilder is something we enjoy and keep working on our own.

To get boot disks done with a single click, to overcome platform dependency, to do something that even a visually impaired person can use. It is shared with those who really need this kind of work and have no other options at reach. To all of those out there who just criticize, I prefer not to feed them with further reasons to make our life more difficult.

Only when nobody else cares about winbuilder I foresee some safety in releasing our work for public again. Only then we can work in public with those who need this kind of software. Probably some more years left to wait.

#137 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:06 AM

You could still release it (to a limited number of testers) under a NHA (Non Hate Agreement).  :dubbio:

Wonko

• Brito likes this

#138 Scooby

Scooby

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
    Sweden

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:02 PM

Each release generates aggressive verbal hate, cynicism and plain animosity. This blocked winbuilder since many years to this part because it causes hatred and clashes between the community: http://www.nunobrito...-reboot-empire/

In contrast, developing winbuilder is something we enjoy and keep working on our own.

To get boot disks done with a single click, to overcome platform dependency, to do something that even a visually impaired person can use. It is shared with those who really need this kind of work and have no other options at reach. To all of those out there who just criticize, I prefer not to feed them with further reasons to make our life more difficult.

Only when nobody else cares about winbuilder I foresee some safety in releasing our work for public again. Only then we can work in public with those who need this kind of software. Probably some more years left to wait.

That is sad indeed

Guess I don't truly need it but want it :(

#139 JanuszChmiel

JanuszChmiel

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 201 posts
  •  
    Czech_ Republic

Posted 02 November 2014 - 12:27 PM

Dear Peter,

I would like to try Yours Winbuilder based on Java. I will try it with .iso image with Windows 7 according to The instructions on The computer screen.

If user will have to only type

auto

word to start build, it is not necessary to have access to all parts of Winbuilder GUI.

You would even be able to give blind users atleast most important info by using special C++ dlls to send info to The screen readers directly, so You would even do not had to use SAPI 5 to send somethink to speech engines. The only issue is, if Java support to call DLLS written in C++, call some functions.

To be constructive and useful, here is download link to The special dll, which can be used by Yours Java program to send strings directly to  The memory regions of running NVDA screen reader.

http://community.nvd...ent_20100219.7z

It would be great, if blind users would be informed, that there was AN error during build, if build have been started or finished.

So blind user would have to type command line option

blind

While launching YOurs program. BUt i do not know, how complex is to call dlls from Java, bu as I can see, it is possible, because Mozilla CORP uses complex project based on Java and C++, such as Seamonkey or Mozilla Firefox.

#140 JanuszChmiel

JanuszChmiel

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 201 posts
  •  
    Czech_ Republic

Posted 02 November 2014 - 12:47 PM

Dear Peter,

I have good news for You.

I have been able to start auto build successfully.

You have using good JAVA IDE to develop GUI of YOurs program, info are transferred by using edit box which is perfectly accessible by using Java access bridge calls.

winbuilder (version 2013.09.01) is proudly brought to you by http://reboot.pro

Joakim once said: "More fuel to the fire for the tin foil hat guys" (http://reboot.pro/17785/)

13:39:44 [COMMAND] auto
13:39:44 [INFO] Starting the AUTO build
13:39:44 [INFO] Downloading a valid Windows ISO to use as source, please wait..
13:40:33 [INFO] download -> 25 Mb / 2445 Mb (1% complete)
13:41:18 [INFO] download -> 49 Mb / 2445 Mb (2% complete)
13:42:06 [INFO] download -> 75 Mb / 2445 Mb (3% complete)

Do YOu think, that it would be too complex to enable blind users to create live project with USB audio and screen reader support like in MULTIPE, which is based on Winbuilder?

I know, that it will require some months, but it would be perfect.

Because YOurs program automatically download required Win 7 SP1 iso from The server and then start auto build.

So Yours program would be used for example by typing

c:\winbuilder\winbuilder.jar blind auto

Blind option would inform The project, that screen reader with USB audio support would be used.

Try to thaink about my plea.

For now, I have stable and fully functioning Winbuilder.exe based project, but because this new babby was born to this world based on Java, it is good opportunity to thinkabout screen reader support.

#141 JanuszChmiel

JanuszChmiel

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 201 posts
  •  
    Czech_ Republic

Posted 02 November 2014 - 02:25 PM

Dear Peter,

Thanks to NVDA and its special addon NVDA OCR and thanks to Live project boot logs, i can be more useful for Winbuilder live projects developers.

I can read kernel bugs by using NVDA OCR, and i can examine boot log.

And by The way, here is AN evidence, that YOurs latest stable Winbuilder works.

https://dl.dropboxus...uilder 2013.txt

Thank You very much for Yours complex work.

#142 JanuszChmiel

JanuszChmiel

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 201 posts
  •  
    Czech_ Republic

Posted 15 November 2014 - 09:20 AM

Dear peter,

Winbuilder latest nightly build work perfectly.

I have only one plea to You.

Try to add command which will be able to create bootable USB media by using created live environment.

What do You think about this new feature?

#143 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 15 November 2014 - 06:10 PM

That is not possible by design.
WinBuilder is developed to work platform independent on windows / linux / mac operating systems.

Currently there is no way known to create a bootable USB drive with a platform independent source code.

But you can easily create your UFD:

1: Follow this very good instruction: http://www.easy2boot...sing-rmprepusb/
2: Copy the WinBuilder created ISO <basedir>\output\bootdisk.iso to <UFD drive>\_ISO\WINPE. You may change the root name to something explaining, like SMALL_NVDA_PE.iso
3: Create a text file in <UFD drive>\_ISO\WINPE with the same rooot name, in this example SMALL_NVDA_PE.txt
4: Edit this text file and define the menu line for booting from the ISO: title <display line>. Example title SMALL_NVDA_PE. The display line must not be necessarily the same as the ISO root name.

When you want to replace the ISO, or add a new one, you already have the bootable UFD. Step 1 will not be necessary any more.

Peter

#144 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:45 AM

New WinBuilder version 2015.03.02 is uploaded.

What's New in Version 2015.03.02
  • Added Win7PE embedded
  • Accept user defined plugins
  • Implied dependency handling
  • Added Win7 SP0 sources to be valid sources
  • WinBuilder can extract Win8 WIMs
  • Optional WIM extracting using sevenzipjbinding
  • Bypassed Ubuntu FileChannel "feature" which avoides building valid WIMs under Ubuntu
  • Modified core Win7PE to make development of plugins much easier
  • Fixed several bugs in registry handling.
  • All localised texts, paths etc. are copied from source CD. No "If language equals xyz ..."
  • Added launchEx for updating and restart winbuilder.
  • Store some (possibly going to be changed) download URLs at GitHub

Peter

#145 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 07 March 2015 - 02:24 PM

Uploaded version 2015-03-07

What's New in Version 2015.03.07

• Introduced test new auto-upgrade functionality

When WinBuilder is run for the first time of a day, some information are downloaded about latest version.

When the latest version is smaller than the actual running version, WinBuilder gives a message about that, and suggests the command "UPGRADE".

When you execute the upgrade, the latest vesrion is downloaded, stored and started.

No worries: The user defined items like wallpaper, shortcuts, plugins etc. are NOT reset to factory setting.

Please report about experience with the upgrade function.

For those who are curious: The downloaded information also points (dynamically) to a valid Win7 source CD which can be downloaded. As known, M$ does not longer offer the CDs at digitalriver.

Here the current definitions at

Spoiler

Peter

Edited by pscEx, 08 March 2015 - 11:00 AM.
removed URLs

#146 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 07 March 2015 - 03:02 PM

For those who are curious: The downloaded information also points (dynamically) to a valid Win7 source CD which can be downloaded. As known, M$ does not longer offer the CDs at digitalriver.

Though allow me to doubt that they implied with that removal that the .iso's became redistributable, as they still provide them, but here:

http://www.microsoft...ftware-recovery

where you have to provide a valid Windows 7 install key.

So, besides being "valid", the Win7 source CD should  be tagged also as "unredistributable that we distribute nonetheless". :frusty:

Wonko

#147 lemon

lemon
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 24 March 2015 - 09:29 PM

Awesome tool pscEx, but like everyone else I have a few questions.  Bouncing back and forth through the forums and http://winbuilder.ex...in7PE/index.htmI notice some commands have changed through the revisions and am wondering if the there is a list of the config core commands or do I basically just look in the lib\corefiles directory and use the names of the goodies in there. I've noticed some filenames don't jive with an actual commands, for example config core doscommands says it doesn't find a core doscommands.

Also, some components like autorun and driverpack do not have configurable settings, are they just there for built time checks of what to include?

Thanks boss!

Edited by lemon, 24 March 2015 - 09:48 PM.

#148 Mokeev

Mokeev
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    Russian Federation

Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:38 AM

Greating!

Sorry for maybe stupid question, but how can I add own software?

First, I want to add acrobat reader,

Second, I want to add some own scripts

And third, I want to add some pdf documents to image.

Thank you!

#149 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 01 April 2015 - 08:35 AM

I do not recommend to add acrobat. It is about 120 mb in size. Use Sumatra or PDF XChange Viewer instead.

To write your own scripts, see the instructions at http://reboot.pro/to...te-own-plugins/

To add PDFs, you can

• either write a script just copying them to the build and (optional) having shortcuts (when *.pdf is defined in registry HKLM\Classes).
  • or copy them to a subfolder of <basedir>\lib\Develop, e.g. C:\WinBuilder\lib\Develop\PDF

When Develop contains the empty flag file "docopy", everything under Develop is copied to the PE. In this way you can add applications to the PE bypassing the build functionality. For script development I use this mechanism e.g. to have Depends.exe and ServiWin.exe .

Peter

BTW: I'll see to find some time and write a portable PDF plugin.

• lemon likes this

#150 Mokeev

Mokeev
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    Russian Federation

Posted 01 April 2015 - 02:51 PM

I have a software which reques it. I want to make an minimal image for Virtual Box. I'll try other readers. My software has a certificaton. I don't know if others support it.

Is it possible to add http://reboot.pro/to...dobe-reader-xi/? How?

Edited by Mokeev, 01 April 2015 - 02:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users