•  
    Netherlands

Posted 04 November 2021 - 09:22 AM

Update System_Info-49

Download:  System_Info  from GitHub

File is is Encrypted with password = bootwimb

- Hard_Link_List organisation improved with subfolder for Selected Drive_Folder

- FileList of multiple HardLinks is given e.g. Hard_Link_Drive_Folder_Date.txt

- EDIT Update: Added System_Info_x86-E.zip Encrypted contains System_Info_x86.exe

The Maximum number of 36 HardLinks for data is found in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps  :wacko:

This HardLink List can serve to find Files that must be removed by Win_Reduce-45 to make minimal Windows 10/11

Removal of C:\Windows\assembly only saves space when the files connected by Hardlinks to the same data are also removed.

2:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.Ink\6.1.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\Microsoft.Ink.dll 
3:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ink\Microsoft.Ink.dll 
1:\Windows\WinSxS\wow64_microsoft.ink_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.19041.1_none_473ddd5674164f79\Microsoft.Ink.dll 

2:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.Interop.Security.AzRoles\2.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\Microsoft.Interop.Security.AzRoles.dll 
1:\Windows\WinSxS\wow64_microsoft.interop.security.azroles_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.19041.1_none_d7d8a1f4b3fbf1d0\Microsoft.Interop.Security.AzRoles.dll 

2:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_srmlib_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.19041.1_none_5bdb1eef4de17ae1\srmlib.dll 
3:\Windows\SysWOW64\srmlib.dll 
1:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\srmlib\1.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\srmlib.dll 

31:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.HEIFImageExtension_1.0.42621.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Assets\AppList.targetsize-48.png 
32:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.HEIFImageExtension_1.0.42621.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Assets\AppList.targetsize-48_altform-unplated.png 
33:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.HEIFImageExtension_1.0.42621.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Assets\BadgeLogo.scale-200.png 
34:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.HEIFImageExtension_1.0.42621.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Assets\contrast-black\AppList.targetsize-48_altform-unplated_contrast-black.png 
35:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.HEIFImageExtension_1.0.42621.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Assets\contrast-black\AppList.targetsize-48_contrast-black.png 
36:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.HEIFImageExtension_1.0.42621.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Assets\contrast-black\BadgeLogo.scale-200_contrast-black.png 
1:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.VP9VideoExtensions_1.0.41182.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Assets\AppList.targetsize-48.png 

Sys_Info_HL_cmd_2021-11-04_100721.png == Sys_Info_HL_2021-11-04_100925.png

• alacran and antonino61 like this

#78 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 04 November 2021 - 06:36 PM

My Dear Wimb, 

I am not sure I have understood correctly. I have drawn hard link lists of "c:\program files", "c:\program files (x86)", "c:\programdata" and "c:\windows" by pointing the hardlink list button 4 times accordingly. now, what do I do with them? will I make use of them in winreduce_trusted for accurate deletion? or do u suggest I do something else?

#79 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  • Interests:Boot and Install from USB
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 05 November 2021 - 08:42 AM

I am not sure I have understood correctly. I have drawn hard link lists of "c:\program files", "c:\program files (x86)", "c:\programdata" and "c:\windows" by pointing the hardlink list button 4 times accordingly. now, what do I do with them? will I make use of them in winreduce_trusted for accurate deletion? or do u suggest I do something else?

I am studying such Hard Link Lists and may be it results in changes in the Win_reduce\File_List files for Saving more space.

At the moment I have not yet ready to use info about it.

The only thing I can say already is that the enormous amount of Hard Links for C:\Program Files\WindowsApps all refer to Files inside WindowsApps.

Since we remove as much as possible from WindowsApps, it means that for WindowsApps we cannot save more space.

• antonino61 likes this

#80 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 05 November 2021 - 12:23 PM

sorry to insist on this, wimb, but ... correct me if I am wrong, ... it is not only a matter of space; I guess it is also a matter of ... file/folder structure - the less intricate (the simpler) the structure, the cleaner and swifter (and more controllable) the system. Ain't it so?

#81 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 07 November 2021 - 03:15 PM

sorry to insist on this, wimb, but ... correct me if I am wrong, ... it is not only a matter of space; I guess it is also a matter of ... file/folder structure - the less intricate (the simpler) the structure, the cleaner and swifter (and more controllable) the system. Ain't it so?

You are right. Considering Hard Links:

\Windows\servicing\Packages can be removed which makes the FileList simpler and saves 2420 lines in the FileList

\Windows\System32\CatRoot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE} - cannot be removed - data have Hard Link with \Windows\servicing\Packages files

Additionally we can remove safely:

\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ink
\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation
\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ink
;
; x86 ink is required for Office 2003
;
\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation
; \ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\AppRepository - cannot be removed completely, but items related to WindowsApps can be removed
;
\Windows\servicing\Packages
; Hard Link with \Windows\System32\CatRoot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE} - cannot be removed

I think to modify the program so that WindowsApps related stuff is removed from  \ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\AppRepository

#82 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 07 November 2021 - 11:58 PM

My dear Wimb,
I will definitely not go into hl details, u r the hard link expert, so I will have to wait for ur findings.
As regards the folders u have mentioned,

\Windows\servicing\Packages has already been removed here, along with all other subfolders, the only thing present in servicing being the executable (and I do not even know why I kept it).
\Windows\System32\CatRoot\ has 2 folders in braces, an empty one I won't even bother taking out and your {F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE} - if I bulkerase the latter I will not boot again, and I have not found out which files I have to keep in order to boot again, so I will not dare take anything out until u say which ones I can.
The ink subfolders in program files and program files x86 went out safely (I do not use msoffice).
nvidia and nvidia corporation can be safely deleted from any program* and nvidia corporation limits itself to being recreated with some fewmeg stuff somewhere in there (no big deal).
\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\AppRepository here contains the packages subfolder and a whole lotta files which can "safely" be deleted, the only ones left being those which are open at the time of deletion (3 staterepository-deployment and 3 staterepository-machine). this way you will boot ok, but if u try taking them all out from the outside (with the vhd as anything other than c:\), u won't boot again.

now let me see if there are any side effects beyond the rebooting stage, which is for now assured. If u already know what should not work with these modifications I have just mentioned, pls let me know, as I have a copy of the vhd that I can always resort to.
catcha later

P.S.: no issues so far, but pls tell me if u know otherwise.

#83 a1ive

a1ive

• Developer
  • 58 posts
  •  
    China

Posted 08 November 2021 - 01:04 PM

Hi, I've written a small console application that prints hardware information that may help you.
It lists information about network, disks, CPU, ACPI, SMBIOS, USB, PCI, etc. Use "nwinfo --help" to get help.
Note that "pci.ids" and "usb.ids" are PCI/USB databases which should be placed in the same directory as nwinfo.exe. 

#84 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 08 November 2021 - 01:51 PM

Hi, I've written a small console application that prints hardware information that may help you.
It lists information about network, disks, CPU, ACPI, SMBIOS, USB, PCI, etc. Use "nwinfo --help" to get help.
Note that "pci.ids" and "usb.ids" are PCI/USB databases which should be placed in the same directory as nwinfo.exe. 

Thank you a1ive for the nwinfo console app.

When trying to use it I get message VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing, which means that some Visual C++ Redistributable package must be installed.

How does results of nwinfo compare to my Save Hardware IDs option that is using devcon ? 

• antonino61 likes this

#85 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 08 November 2021 - 01:51 PM

just downloaded and uncompacted it; what shall I do now? me, I don't get any messages but I do not get anything doing either. in other words, it is as if I did nothing at all.

#86 a1ive

a1ive

• Developer
  • 58 posts
  •  
    China

Posted 08 November 2021 - 02:00 PM

Thank you a1ive for the nwinfo console app.
When trying to use it I get message VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing, which means that some Visual C++ Redistributable package must be installed.

How does results of nwinfo compare to my Save Hardware IDs option that is using devcon ?

You could use static build. nwinfo_static.exe

1.png

#87 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 08 November 2021 - 02:29 PM

btw, the packages subfolder inside \ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\AppRepository can "safely" be deleted as well, with no apparent issues so far, unless anybody proves otherwise. 

#88 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 08 November 2021 - 02:43 PM

You could use static build. nwinfo_static.exe

Yes it is working now and gives a lot of details for hardware info, eg. Vendor and Friendly Device Name.

Also I tried option --smbios which gives a lot of info.

The nwinfo app is good and gives a lot of info.

#89 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 08 November 2021 - 09:03 PM

I have tried the modifications above on windows 11 as well, and it works even better (after total deletion, the packages subfolder gets recreated with 3 subfolders inside) and everything is apparently back to normal.

#90 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 08 November 2021 - 09:46 PM

well, what can I say? at least from my humble pointa view, win11 is faring sorta better than win10, namely more consistently and conservatively, everything is working, whereas I am having canon AIO scanner issues in win10 after taking exactly the same action.

#91 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 09 November 2021 - 06:58 AM

Hi a1ive,

nwinfo is a very nice small console app that gives a lot of detailed hardware information.

Do you allow me to integrate your app in System_Info GUI App to make a Hardware report ?

Does my System_Info App and the other Apps of wimb GitHub work properly in Chinese Windows OS environment ?

#92 a1ive

a1ive

• Developer
  • 58 posts
  •  
    China

Posted 09 November 2021 - 09:37 AM

Do you allow me to integrate your app in System_Info GUI App to make a Hardware report ?

Yes. See LICENSE.

Anyone is free to copy, modify, publish, use, compile, sell, or
distribute this software, either in source code form or as a compiled
binary, for any purpose, commercial or non-commercial, and by any
means.

Does my System_Info App and the other Apps of wimb GitHub work properly in Chinese Windows OS environment ?

Yes, it works properly.

#93 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 09 November 2021 - 12:21 PM

Yes. See LICENSE.

Anyone is free to copy, modify, publish, use, compile, sell, or
distribute this software, either in source code form or as a compiled
binary, for any purpose, commercial or non-commercial, and by any
means.

Yes, it works properly.

Thank you very much for testing my Apps and for allowing me to Add your nwinfo console App  :)

#94 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 10 November 2021 - 10:51 AM

Update System_Info-50

Download:  System_Info  from GitHub

File is is Encrypted with password = bootwimb

Thanks to:

- Added Hardware Info App nwinfo made by a1ive -  https://github.com/a...nwinfo/releases

- Added NTFSLinksView App made by NirSoft - https://www.nirsoft....links_view.html

System_Info_2021-11-10.png

#95 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 10 November 2021 - 07:40 PM

thanks again and again wimb,

now would u like me to give u my instances of hardlinks in both detection systems (nirsoft's and a1ive"s) from windows, program files, program files (x86), program data and users in order to get a clue of how to proceed?

#96 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 20 November 2021 - 01:19 PM

@ wimb

Maybe is not a bad idea if you add one or two options for driver backup to System_Info program.  It is very useful to make the mentioned backup on some machines before connecting to Internet for the first time, sometimes the OEM do not provide a CD/DVD with drivers and also they are not available on its page, as it happend for a laptop that my brother just bought. As an example if the LAN and WIFI drivers are not recognized by the OS, there is no way to let the OS download the drivers from MS servers.

The old free program Double Driver (for XP/Vista/7) that I have being using for long time, is not available anymore on the author page but it can still be downloaded here.

I tested it in Win 10 and it works fine, if running it from the OS, to make a full backup of all our drivers or only of 3rd party drivers (only the option to save as an SFX do not work). Supposedly if running it as Admin it should be capable to backup the drivers from an off-line system, but unfortunately it does not work.

Another option for Win10 online backup 3rd party driver packages could be the MS tool pnputil.exe located in C:\windows\system32 (command line).

Some examples of use:

Open a command prompt as admin and type:

pnputil.exe /enum-drivers >>> Enumerates all 3rd party driver packages in the driver store.

pnputil.exe /export-driver * E:\Drivers >>> Exports all 3rd party driver packages in the driver store to the the pre-created E:\Drivers folder

pnputil.exe /? >>> Info.

NOTE: pnputil.exe is in Win OSs since Vista but it works to its full capacity only on 10.

For more info about pnputil.exe parameters available on different versions of 10, please see this page on GitHub.

alacran

• antonino61 likes this

#97 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 20 November 2021 - 01:55 PM

Maybe is not a bad idea if you add one or two options for driver backup to System_Info program.  It is very useful to make the mentioned backup on some machines before connecting to Internet for the first time, sometimes the OEM do not provide a CD/DVD with drivers and also they are not available on its page, as it happend for a laptop that my brother just bought. As an example if the LAN and WIFI drivers are not recognized by the OS, there is no way to let the OS download the drivers from MS servers.

WinNTSetup  has Local Windows Installations Menu Item with an Excellent option to Export the non-Microsoft drivers.

The Export_Drivers Folder has Driver Type Folders and as subfolders the same folder names as occur in DriverStore.

pnputil.exe /export-driver * E:\Drivers >>> Exports all 3rd party driver packages in the driver store to the the pre-created E:\Drivers folder

I can Add such option to System_Info program, since it is working quite OK and is easy to implement and gives similar result as WinNTSetup  :)

WinNTSetup_Export_Drivers_2021-11-20 144353.png

#98 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 20 November 2021 - 02:05 PM

Yes, just tested it on 10x86 from the old v4.2.5, and it does exactly same as:

With this version no Driver Type Folders, only folders with the same folder names as occur in DriverStore.

alacran

#99 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 20 November 2021 - 03:16 PM

JFYI

Also tested saving 3rd party drivers on Win7x64 using WinNTSetup_v4.2.5 and it doesn't work.

But WinNTSetup_v5.0.3 works very fine on Win7x64, and with this version, as you said: the Drivers Folder has Driver Type Folders and subfolders with the same folder names as occur in DriverStore.

alacran

• wimb likes this

#100 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 20 November 2021 - 03:43 PM

I will Add Save Driver button that will use pnputil /export-driver to Export the Non-Microsoft Drivers and use pnputil /enum-drivers to Save Driver Info.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: system, usb, gpt, mbr, bios, uefi

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users