• Advanced user
  • 105 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 18 June 2007 - 08:23 PM

Hello Folks!

Stumbled upon this post over at the Bart Forum:

http://www.911cd.net...showtopic=16315

They've had their share of this problem as well . . .

However, it looks a though there may be some ideas in here to address the severe issues uncovered in my previous post, "The 8 Colors of LiveXP".

Maybe a patch which would detect the presence of the offending Intel chipset(s) should be incorporated into each build produced with the WinBuilder environment? Perhaps, then, a flag could be passed (in some way) to the retooled version of bearwindows' driver (when he finally gets it fixed) to make the necessary video adjustments at boot???

Just something off the top of my head. Dunno whether or not any of this is really useful :1st:

Thoughts anyone???

#2 webmedic

webmedic

• Advanced user
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:34 PM

I actually have this fixed in my builds of barts pe. Or I should say have had this fixed for a few years now. It's been a while since I have really messed with this though since I have a job that keeps me quite busy now and so I have not had much time to do any builds.

I'm currently looking at converting my custom barts pe project over to winbuilder so getting this working in winbuilder is going to be fun also.

To get this working requires a few things. On my end i start with a custom set of autoit scripts for the startup procedure. This means that I use autoit for the complete statup of the system right after Joshuas loader runs I pass control over to my startup scripts. From there instead of registry entires I have a series of autoit scripts that I execute for my startup sequence.

During this startup vbemp does an excellent job of finding the hardware accept for some of those bad Intel chipsets. In this case I think I look at the color depth if it is not high enough then I run hwpnp to find the hardware and then I reset the depth and screen size. There may be a few places this does not work but so far it has worked on everything I have used it on.

The problem with my solution is that it is very dependent on the other parts of my install. Ex autoit plugin, startup plugin, etc.

So the solution is very tightly woven together. Having said that it does work very well.

Oh and last thing my vbemp driver has every hardware id I could find added to it. This help so that the device shows correctly when it is installed instead of just a generic driver. Accept for some reason it still does not find the correct device for Virtualbox but it still works as intended.

#3 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 31 July 2009 - 06:45 PM

(BTW: I'm also a victim of the Intel video chip, and BearWindow's VBEMP solved my issue). If you have any idea how WinBuilder can GENERALLY help here, please post or PM me.

The development team will try to do the best ...

Peter

#4 webmedic

webmedic

• Advanced user
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:36 PM

Also on this subject I noticed that nativeEx? I think has a vbemp driver for it that is reported to work well.

I do have a question on this though.

If I decide to create my own which I most likely will do, how do I ensure that the driver is compatible with all of the different xp related winbuilders. (livexp,naughty,native,etc.)

#5 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:46 PM

If I decide to create my own which I most likely will hos do I ensure that th e driver is compatible with all of the different xp related winbuilders. (livexp,naughty,native,etc.)

Generally scripts of nativeEx_barebone should work in all nativeEx based projects like NaughtyPE, LiveXP.

But there can be a trouble: The published nativeEx project is following the latest (and sometimes not yet published) WinBuilder version, and therefore might not work with your current 'stable' WB version.

But the vbemp script is not changed since long time and therefore works also on 'old' WB versions. So, in this case, no issue.

Peter

#6 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:57 PM

NaughtyPE comes with this driver too, so no need to fiddle. :P

:idea:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users