#1 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 18 August 2015 - 06:04 PM

Well it looks every day more people and also sofware companies are starting to try to stop this spying tactics in Win10 see here for more info and download: http://www.oo-softwa...onewsletter2262

fGhIZ90.jpg

Here's what the program changes when you apply all settings: (all green)

Spoiler

If you want a batch file:

Spoiler

Source: http://forums.mydigi...-amp-O-ShutUp10

Best Regards

#2 Guest_AnonVendetta_*

Guest_AnonVendetta_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2015 - 06:22 PM

I think ericgl's tweak guide (http://reboot.pro/to...-tweak-scripts/) should accomplish nearly everything if not everything alacran has listed.

#3 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 18 August 2015 - 06:48 PM

I think ericgl's tweak guide (http://reboot.pro/to...-tweak-scripts/) should accomplish nearly everything if not everything alacran has listed.

This is not the point my friend (I greatly appreciate erigl's efforts), the point is that it is not only single users or a few programers fighting alone against it, it is that at least one software company started this route too.  This is starting to look as a snow ball.

#4 Agent47

Agent47

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 164 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 21 August 2015 - 04:18 AM

What is the big deal in MS decision to collect info about their customers ?. If you don't agree to that, simply switch to alternate OS. 

#5 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 21 August 2015 - 07:36 AM

What is the big deal in MS decision to collect info about their customers ?. If you don't agree to that, simply switch to alternate OS. 

I was waiting for your great advise.

Thanks.

#6 Guest_AnonVendetta_*

Guest_AnonVendetta_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:15 PM

The big deal is that Microsoft, like Google, Facebook and others, is probably planning to use some people's info for less than honorable things, in addition to making a profit. Like, selling your info to other companies. A certain amount of data collection is fine, but it can go too far. We can all argue that we should read the fine print, and this is correct, but in the end MS should be in service to their users, not the other way around, and this includes respecting certain boundaries and common-sence unspoken rules.

"The people should not be afraid of their govt, the govt should be afraid of its' people".

Businesses and govts should always be in service to whom they serve. But instead people are treated like cattle, their privacy invaded, rights taken away one by one, and all the while they try to brainwash us into believing it's for our good. What they really seek is money, power, control, etc, all of which are things that are anathema to a free civilization.

Back an animal into a corner and it will revert to its' natural instincts, which is survival. Things will reach a breaking point where people will take no more BS, and then we will do the very thing that comes natural. Strip away the technology, clothes, etc, that leaves us as just humans that have to eat, sleep, relieve ourselves, etc. Just the basics.

Our world, IMO, wont come down to us being annihilated by a Armageddon, an Anti-Christ, World War III, terrorism, or any of the things many are scared into believing. Instead it will be people rebelling against big business and the govt in an effort to take back our rights. We are our own biggest enemy and threat to ourselves, we must learn to master our potential and exercise self-control, while doing whatever is necessary to bring under control traits we possess that can potentially destroy us, our world, and other living beings we share Earth with. This must happen on a personal and social scale. It has nothing to do with religion, spirituality, politicking, etc.

I for one believe that we shouldnt have to, in essence, be forced to use an OS like Linux that respects user freedom, just because of MS's increasely encroaching policies like what is seen in 10, all will only get worse no matter how much progress is made elsewhere. Intead we should be able to use a Windows that respects our rights. This is something people should *demand*.

• alacran likes this

#7 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 22 August 2015 - 06:42 AM

And let my add a single Question:

How long do you think is going to take the hackers to break MS servers and get all this info (including bank accounts data we all have in our home PC)?

Best Regards

#8 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 23 August 2015 - 10:40 PM

Shutup10 DO NOT BLOCK all is required.

First during install I deselect all related to info going out of the PC, latter after first boot once again did same thing, I also put a very long list in host file redirected to 0.0.0.0, (just in case it blocks some of them) then ran Shutup10 blocking every thing and rebooted.

After reboot and make a copy of Firewall Policies ran Windows Firewall Notifier and there were a lot of connections on line, so Shutup10 DO NOT BLOCK all is required.

It has a good collection of changes required in registry, but that is not enough. We need to make a second filter using Firewall in OS, and maybe a third one using Router settings, and blocking all ports we don't have an specific need for them.

It has to be a way to stop this "phone home" behavior on 10. 

BTW I'm using Win7 on other PC and running Windows Firewall Notifier on it there is almost nothing to block.

Windows Firewall Notifier: https://wfn.codeplex.com/

Best Regards

alacran

#9 Agent47

Agent47

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 164 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 24 August 2015 - 04:24 AM

It has a good collection of changes required in registry, but that is not enough. We need to make a second filter using Firewall in OS, and maybe a third one using Router settings, and blocking all ports we don't have an specific need for them.

My point is that 'Windows" is a closed source OS and nobody except the Windows core team knows it's source code. How do you know that tweaking some registry settings, editing host or configuring firewall in a particular way will stop Windows from calling home ?. If M$ want, they can integrate some secret code in the OS to call home. Hell, they can even exploit Windows update process for spying purpose. How do you suppose to stop that ?. 

#10 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 24 August 2015 - 07:24 AM

How do you know that tweaking some registry settings, editing host or configuring firewall in a particular way will stop Windows from calling home ?. If M$ want, they can integrate some secret code in the OS to call home. Hell, they can even exploit Windows update process for spying purpose. How do you suppose to stop that ?. 

Well, the idea of a firewall is exactly that to prevent/block/reroute unwanted traffic, of course the good MS guys can change (daily) the way they phone home, still some traffic will need to be generated....

:duff:

Wonko

#11 v77

v77

Silver Member

• Team Reboot
  • 602 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 24 August 2015 - 08:56 AM

It's also because it's closed source, and traffic is encrypted, that you cannot say for sure that Microsoft still transmits data. A connection attempt does not mean that personal data are transmitted.
Windows 10 lacks at least 6 months of development. So, the new code is not optimized, and this behavior would not surprise me.

Too bad, I wanted to check the changes made by OOSU, but it does not work for me (virtual machine with Windows 10 Enterprise RTM freshly installed). I get no window, and the process ends after 2 or 3 seconds. Like a virus. :)

By the way, the host file blocks nothing, it only redirects requests to another IP address, especially with 0.0.0.0 which is not even the localhost.

There is also something that practically nobody speaks: since Windows 8.1, and it's still present on 10, if we block the outgoing connections in the firewall, Windows Update does no longer work. Even if we add a rule for the Windows Update service, it still don't work. And even by adding rules for all installed services (tested with a script on 8.1), it still don't work. We need to add a rule for the whole svchost.exe process.
Nobody cares about something that forces us to allow most of the installed services to transmit all the data they want.
But this may be a bit too technical for vulgarization websites...

#12 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:04 PM

Too bad, I wanted to check the changes made by OOSU, but it does not work for me (virtual machine with Windows 10 Enterprise RTM freshly installed). I get no window, and the process ends after 2 or 3 seconds. Like a virus. :)

Did you try running it as administrator?.   If it also don't work that way,  all registry settings are in first post and as a batch file too.

#13 v77

v77

Silver Member

• Team Reboot
  • 602 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:06 PM

Did you try running it as administrator?.   If it also don't work that way,  all registry settings are in first post and as a batch file too.

It requests administrative privileges automatically.

About the batch file... Did you use something to catch the registry changes?
There is a few things that don't look very pretty... ControlSet001 instead of CurrentControlSet, 2 services that have their start type changed but without being stopped... And these services: what the hell have DiagTrack and dmwappushsvc to do with the privacy?!
I see that everywhere, but nobody is able to explain why disabling these services. And I see nothing suspect in the descriptions.
It's like saying to disable the defragsvc service for removing telemetry. I just have to create a new topic with this "trick" and you can be sure than in a few days, dozens of sites will say the same thing.

Sorry but I'm not used to do something without knowing why. We need more strictness to get rid of this problem.

#14 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:57 PM

@ v77

Info source is in first post but as you need to log in to see the post in that forum I copied relevant info found there to make it available here. So I didn't collect the registry changes myself.

Latter I tried the tool on my testing machine as said in post #8 and reported my findings.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: win10, free antispy tool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users