spaceB

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:23 PM

Hi all,

Happy New Year everyone!

I need to create a URL shortcut on the PE 2.0 desktop. I have searched in the forum but don't found any related topic(seems to be very easy :)).
In my boot image I have IE 7 and firefox 3.6.x I need a URL which should be opened with firefox and not with IE.
Is this possible and how can I create this link?

Greetz,

space
  • MichaelPr likes this

#2 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:51 PM

Try
Add_Shortcut,Desktop,,<path to firefox>,,,<url> 

First use a hardcoded <path to firefox> like X:\Program files\Browsers\firefox.exe. Enclude in quotes when there are spaces in the path.

When that works, try to use known aliases, like e.g.

Add_Shortcut,Desktop,,%PE_Programs%\%ProgramFolder%\firefox.exe,,,<url> 

Peter
  • MichaelPr likes this

#3 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 07 January 2011 - 05:04 PM

I have searched in the forum but don't found any related topic(seems to be very easy :)).

And as a reminder, the "magic wand" in the WB editor is a real good way to see the calling syntax of the API - and on the API script, using the link to the help files on line http://www.paraglide...lp/default.html which has more docs on the API is also a good tool to use...

But Peters suggestions Are (as always) right on!
  • MichaelPr likes this

#4 spaceB

spaceB

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:43 AM

Hello pscEx,

thx for your tip! But for me as a noob, I have to create a script with the line: "Add_Shortcut,Desktop,,<path to firefox>,,,<url>" or "Add_Shortcut,Desktop,,%PE_Programs%\%ProgramFolder%\firefox.exe,,,<url> " in the [Process] block, is this correct? Or is it possible to modify the original Firefox shortcut so that my URL is opening when i click on the firefox shortcut on the desktop?

Space

#5 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:41 PM

Hello pscEx,

thx for your tip! But for me as a noob, I have to create a script with the line: "Add_Shortcut,Desktop,,<path to firefox>,,,<url>" or "Add_Shortcut,Desktop,,%PE_Programs%\%ProgramFolder%\firefox.exe,,,<url> " in the [Process] block, is this correct? Or is it possible to modify the original Firefox shortcut so that my URL is opening when i click on the firefox shortcut on the desktop?

Space

Well it is possible to go into the firefox script, and change the parameters passed to the executable (i.e. add the commas and <url> you want, but you can also create a different shortcut.

As for the use of %PE_Programs%\etc... as opposed to what Peter originally said as <path to firefox>, they mean the same thing (for the most part) You can use variables to specify the path.

Best to look at the full docs for the Add_Shortcut API...This should help you understand all the parameters that this API can use to set all the things that are available in the "properties" of the shortcut...

#6 spaceB

spaceB

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:03 AM

Hello sbaeder,

big thx for the docu link, this really helps me!!! :lol:

space

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users