23 replies to this topic

#1 Genfin

Genfin

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 17 March 2011 - 03:31 PM

I'm very new to Sardu and have been struggling to find users guide/tutorials for it.

1a. Will appreciate receiving details on sites or links where i can find the following ISO's for win 7 ultimate 32 bit:
WindowsPE, UBCD4WINDOWS, Win7PE, Windows 7 AIO.

1b. Does Hirens bootCD 13.1 work with Sardu 2.0.2c? What changes if any have to to be made and how?

GenFin

Edited by Genfin, 17 March 2011 - 03:32 PM.

#2 davidecosta

davidecosta

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 678 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 17 March 2011 - 03:38 PM

I'm very new to Sardu and have been struggling to find users guide/tutorials for it.

1a. Will appreciate receiving details on sites or links where i can find the following ISO's for win 7 ultimate 32 bit:
WindowsPE, UBCD4WINDOWS, Win7PE, Windows 7 AIO.

1b. Does Hirens bootCD 13.1 work with Sardu 2.0.2c? What changes if any have to to be made and how?

GenFin

Excuse me....but..you think to open others thread? 4 thread in one our...

All windows iso are copy righted...download the exe and make your copy of your pe with your CD of windows.

You tried hiren's? yes or no. Works fine? yes or no. In my tests works fine....

#3 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 17 March 2011 - 03:56 PM

All windows iso are copy righted...download the exe and make your copy of your pe with your CD of windows.

You tried hiren's? yes or no. Works fine? yes or no. In my tests works fine....

Interesting.;)

Logical flaw detected :) :
How come that Hiren's Boot CD contains quite a few of those copyrighted files BUT is supported by Sardu? :) ;)

:)
Wonko

#4 Doodoo

Doodoo

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 345 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 04:06 PM

How come that Hiren's Boot CD contains quite a few of those copyrighted files BUT is supported by Sardu? :) ;)

Cheeky Wonko ;)

#5 Genfin

Genfin

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 17 March 2011 - 04:06 PM

Yes 4 threads cuz I'm new to this, learnt about Sardu few hours back and all I've been downloading since last few days is downloading ISO's.

I didnt know what Windows7PE, AIO etc are or used for. Thought that all I need to do is click the button to download like I did for other ISO's.

Ive not tried Hirens 13.1 yet cuz I'm scared of corrupting or damaging something in the process. I plan to do it only after I know everything. Few days back I tried to create the SARDU ISO and my downloaded ISO files disappeared from the folder and I've had to redownload all of them again.

Is there any users guide or manual anywhere which guys like me can refer to.

Thanks for all your help and prompt reply.

GenFin

#6 davidecosta

davidecosta

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 678 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 17 March 2011 - 04:18 PM

Interesting.;)

Logical flaw detected :) :

:)
Wonko

SARDU don't have direct download for hiren's, manages the iso but not download them. Last version have "only" minixp....but ....how i can know if have one autorizzation? eSafe....have a pe >2 ...i think with autorizzation...

For video of SARDU see in the sardu official site

#7 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 17 March 2011 - 04:19 PM

Cheeky Wonko :)

Naah, simply fulfilling my new mission :):
http://reboot.pro/11015/page__st__4

...and being d@mn good at it...;)

SARDU don't have direct download for hiren's, manages the iso but not download them. Last version have "only" minixp....but ....how i can know if have one autorizzation? eSafe....have a pe >2 ...i think with autorizzation...

Ah well, then it is different :thumbup:, because if it does not download it, it is not a way of supporting illegally redistributed files....;)
... but still the logical flaw remains :), if you don't have any way to check the redistribution agreement that Hiren may have, why do you say that "all windows iso are copyrighted"?
Why not adding support in Sardu for Tiny 7 (just as an example):
http://reboot.pro/14097/page__st__7
maybe eXperience or whoever makes it has a fully legal redistribution agreement with MS and uses filesharing and torrent sites simply because (like Hiren) he/she cannot afford a "proper" site and/or the great bandwith deriving from downloading hundreds of Mb's. :cheers:

:cheers:
Wonko

#8 davidecosta

davidecosta

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 678 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 17 March 2011 - 04:48 PM

Naah, simply fulfilling my new mission ;):
http://reboot.pro/11015/page__st__4

...and being d@mn good at it...:whistling:

Ah well, then it is different :w00t:, because if it does not download it, it is not a way of supporting illegally redistributed files....:dubbio:
... but still the logical flaw remains :ph34r:, if you don't have any way to check the redistribution agreement that Hiren may have, why do you say that "all windows iso are copyrighted"?
Why not adding support in Sardu for Tiny 7 (just as an example):
http://reboot.pro/14097/page__st__7
maybe eXperience or whoever makes it has a fully legal redistribution agreement with MS and uses filesharing and torrent sites simply because (like Hiren) he/she cannot afford a "proper" site and/or the great bandwith deriving from downloading hundreds of Mb's. :unsure:

:cheers:
Wonko

I don't know tiny7... I can remove hiren's in next version,my problem is who i don't know when i will release next version.

#9 linuxbaby

linuxbaby

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 139 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 17 March 2011 - 07:38 PM

How come that Hiren's Boot CD contains quite a few of those copyrighted files BUT is supported by Sardu?

Wonko, please be quiet over there :white_flag:this is not necessary, right?

We don't want that David gets bored at work.

#10 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:52 PM

Wonko, please be quiet over there :white_flag:this is not necessary, right?

We don't want that David gets bored at work.

Just my personal unimportant opinion:
  • In this forum never "Undistributables" should be made downloadable.
  • In this forum there never should be a link to "How download undistributables". But of course there can be a link to "Download from author"
  • If somebody critisizes the violation of #1 or #2, he should not be asked to "Not disturbe development".
Peter

#11 davidecosta

davidecosta

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 678 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:06 PM

I do not understand why you criticize only me
In SARDU there aren't link to material copyrighted, i added hiren's only after that other software have added it. No one has criticized the other.
I don't like to go through criminal.
I think this section can also close here. This is the only section where everyone are moderators. Why? I don't know. Certainly is a lack of confidence...
It came time to leave?

#12 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:13 PM

I do not understand why you criticize only me
In SARDU there aren't link to material copyrighted, i added hiren's only after that other software have added it. No one has criticized the other.
I don't like to go through criminal.
I think this section can also close here. This is the only section where everyone are moderators. Why? I don't know. Certainly is a lack of confidence...
It came time to leave?

Sorry. I think you misunderstood me. I do not want to critizise only you.
I want that WE ALL think about a way to have a forum with "legal" downloads.
(And maybe the hirens should be omitted ... :dubbio:)

Peter

#13 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:26 PM

Let's clear this thing, once and for all. ;)

Wonko the Sane expressed his personal opinions, he is allowed to do so as long as this is within the Rules, and expecially Rule #7 , and he will NOT stop doing so because of the consequences his expressed opinions may cause if read "incorrectly" or "mistakenly" or if anyone is over-sensitive or has other UNrelated problems that need some good venting or ranting about.

Specifically, Wonko pointed out a logical inconsistency :whistling:.

NOONE is criminalizing anyone else, or at least NOT Wonko.

Wonko has NO control whatever on the board, it's members, the moderating team and/or the administrators.

In case Davide Costa :dubbio: which in Wonko's personal experience and opinion is a really nice guy, should "get bored" or "feel underestimated" or "decide to leave the board", it is essentially his business (and NOT Wonko's), and Wonko won't accept to be blamed as having caused or provoked any of the hypothetical decisions above or *any* other decision Davide Costa took, has taken or will take.

This is called in English "free will" or "self-determination" (in Italian it is "libero arbitrio").

:ph34r:
Wonko

#14 davidecosta

davidecosta

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 678 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 17 March 2011 - 11:21 PM

I remove all links to download SARDU until the next version without Hiren's for violation of rules. Others 22 moderators of this forum can delete,remove all illegal posts.
I apologize for this breach.
The remaining speaks for itself, all Users using the search option can see and repute if i'm the only criminal.
Italian language tell "due pesi due misure", english...i think two weights, two measures"
I invite all users of SARDU to don't comment, please!
Davide Costa

#15 Lewis

Lewis

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 17 March 2011 - 11:56 PM

Okay so I'm a noob but I've seen this thread and I've gotta say, this is a pretty crap way to treat the dev's on this forum. SARDU makes a good booting environment, I have it on my USB key and it works quite well.

Now, none of SARDU's code is illegal to be redistributed (from what I've read, it seems that you have to get the Hiren's ISO yourself, if the program downloads it for you, well, thats a different matter).

If the program DOES NOT contain links or actual code that is capable of infringing upon Microsoft's or other parties copyright then there is no need to remove the version from the site. This is not anti-piracy, its just dense.

If you do this, where do you draw the line? I could pirate a copy of Win7 and SARDU would boot it all the same. Same goes for XP Home/Pro and whatever else it boots up. Just because SARDU enables me to pirate, doesn't mean that it is a tool that is against the law, nor does it have any copyright implications.

The legality of Hirens is disputed, mainly because it does have a multitude of programs in it which require licensing, however that is a HIRENS problem, not SARDU's problem.

Just my 2c.

#16 Doodoo

Doodoo

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 345 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:40 AM

Italian language tell "due pesi due misure", english...i think two weights, two measures"

Ah well... we do have the same saying in French, but for all my love of language and words, I can't help correcting you there (I'm just being cheeky, no offense really)
You probably meant "One weight, two measures" (un poids, deux mesures !)

#17 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 12:27 PM

I find it most disturbing that Wonko, speaks of himself in the third person.
This is always a clear sign of beginning insanity. :)

and Wonko won't accept to be blamed as having caused or provoked any of the hypothetical decisions above or *any* other decision Davide Costa took, has taken or will take.

This is called in English "free will" or "self-determination" (in Italian it is "libero arbitrio").

It doesn't matter what you want to accept or not, you're responsible fall all actions you cause.
That's called in english "responsibility" (in german it is "Verantwortung")

:whistling:

#18 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 18 March 2011 - 12:38 PM

I find it most disturbing that Wonko, speaks of himself in the third person.
This is always a clear sign of beginning insanity. :smiling9:

You joking right? :frusty:
Do you think that Wonko the Sane chose his nick at random? :)
JFYI:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_minor_The_Hitchhiker's_Guide_to_the_Galaxy_characters#Wonko_the_Sane
http://hitchhikers.w.../Wonko_the_Sane

John created his name for two reasons: to reassure people of his sanity, and to remind himself that a scientist, in having no pre-assumed notions, must be like a child; ("Wonko" was what his mother had called him in his youth).

One of the first reasons for which Wonko's sanity was put into question was his insistence of the existence of green-winged angels on scooters, later revealed to be the guardians of God's Final Message to Creation.

It doesn't matter what you want to accept or not, you're responsible fall all actions you cause.
That's called in english "responsibility" (in german it is "Verantwortung")

Sure :hyper:, but LIMITED to rational and connected through a cause-effect link ones ONLY. :whistling:

;)
Wonko

#19 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 01:53 PM

Do you think that Wonko the Sane chose his nick at random? :)

No. I think you choose the name, to throw us off track! :smiling9:

:whistling:

#20 Genfin

Genfin

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:42 PM

Few things that ran through my mind. My two cents ....

1. If I'm not mistaken and remember right all copyright stuff was removed after Hirens BootCD 10.X edition (I'm a newbie and might be wrong). From the post below it seems several utilities were dropped in 11 & 12 and probably 13.1 also might not have them. And since those were dropped in Hirens some started comming out with Hirens restored versions.

---> Link to restored version edited <---

Will I be right in assuming that Hirens 13.1 is ok but Hirens 13.1 restored or 12.x restored are not?

This link gives details of Hirens 13.1 contents. Is it not ok ? Does it contain anything otherwise ?
http://www.hirensbootcd.org/hbcd-v131/

2. I'm planning to use sardu on my home pc and am not into offering maintenance or repair services. Will it create any problems ?

Most of the EULA and licences of even freewares, 30 day trials and open softwares use wording like 'license for personal use', 'not for commercial use' etc. Does this not mean that those offering PC repair, maintenance, help desk services services are violating the EULA by using these free/open utilities/tools/software.

And going by above logic is it right to say that who uses the CD/DVD's , how and for what purpose determines if EULA is violated ?

Pl Note... these are just some thought that came to my mind and has nothing to do with any person/s, posts or comments.

GenFin

removed link by davidecosta

#21 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:21 PM

Will I be right in assuming that Hirens 13.1 is ok but Hirens 13.1 restored or 12.x restored are not?

NO, you would be wrong.
The difference is between completely pitch black and very, very dark grey.
Going from something containing 97.21% (faked number) to 13.98% (other faked number) of illegally re-distributed files is sure a nice improvement but until the number goes down to 0.0000000000% (please note the 10 decimal places after the dot, meaning 0 - zero ), it remains a violation of EULA and of most countries Copyright and Author protection Laws.

This link gives details of Hirens 13.1 contents. Is it not ok ? Does it contain anything otherwise ?
http://www.hirensbootcd.org/hbcd-v131/

Problems reading? :unsure:

Mini Windows 98: Can run from Ram Drive, with ntfs support, 7-Zip, Disk Defragmenter, Notepad / RichText Editor, Image Viewer, .avi .mpg .divx .xvid Movie Player, etc. (Windows Commercial).

Mini Windows XP: Portable Windows Xp that runs from CD/USB/Ram Drive to repair/recover dead windows operating system. It has LAN and WLAN (Wireless) Network includes 300 WiFi/Ethernet card drivers and can also be customized easily to add your own drivers in HBCD\Drivers folder. Added some USB 3.0 and SATA Storage drivers and VBS/WSH scripting support. Supported keyboard layouts are: United States, United Kingdom, Turkish Q, Turkish F, Swiss German, Swiss French, Swedish, Suomi Finnish, Spanish, Slovenian, Slovak, Russian, Portuguese, Polish, Norvegian Norske, Netherlands Dutch, Latin American, Italy, Icelandic, Hungarian, Hebrew, Germany, German Switzerland Luxembourg, Francais Cavier AZERTY, Denmark Daenish, Bulgarian Phonetic, Bulgarian, Brazil Portuguese, Brazil Extended Portuguese and Belgium (Windows Commercial).

The redistribution of related files is FORBIDDEN by the Author or Copyright holder, which means that they are NOT Redistributable.

The miniXP is nothing much different from "our own" LiveXP, the difference is that if you use LiveXP or any other Legal Winbuillder .script/project or any other builder project like Bart's PE builder or UBCD4WIN you build from your own licensed files.

The whole point is that what a user does it is his/her problem (like using in a Commercial environment an app that is limited by personal use only), whilst re-distributing NON-redistributable files is committed by those that actually re-distribute it (by hosting the file), with the "complicity" of those that give links to such NON-redistributable software, or "promote" it, if later the user actually breaks other parts of the EULA (by using something he/she does not have a license for) it is again his/her problem.

:ph34r:
Wonko

#22 Genfin

Genfin

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:35 AM

Thanks for your clarification. Things are a lot clear now.

GenFin

Edited by Genfin, 22 March 2011 - 06:36 AM.

#23 UggaBugga

UggaBugga
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    Faroe Islands

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:25 PM

I read this thread and I would just like to say "I completely agree with everything #Lewis says above".

I could by a new car with a Bluetooth enabled car-stereo, and use illegal devices and/or music to connect to it. That does not mean the car maker should remove the Bluetooth functionality all-together to prevent specific connections/music, becouse I "might" connect/play something illegal :)

Just my 5cents!

By the way, thank you David for SARDU :unsure:

#24 Lewis

Lewis

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:58 AM

Thanks UggaBugga.

Further, I don't understand why we need english > italian translations (or english > german translations) of some of the words said by posters on this forum. If I understand enlgish, theres no need to cross translate what you're saying (unless you're trying to flaunt your linguistical ability in an effort to prove yourself smarter than other posters).

End of day, david you are fully within your legal rights (Assuming david is the author of SARDU) to keep HIREN's support within your program. Logical flaw's do not have legal ramifications, only copyright infringement's do. And I will continue to use big and smart words like "ramifications" to prove my point.

Just my..... 4c? Don't have many cents left...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users