• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#51 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 08:52 PM

Ok, most is clear now. Except the CDROM, FIXED, Removable sections. What are those for? What's the difference?

;)

#52 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 15 April 2010 - 10:56 PM

The manual looks like ( hence the reason I said it needs some reformatting )

zPNP.exe The utility searches and automatically establishes the driver, found found in the specified places. Syntax: zPNP.exe [/?] [/i] [/p:path] [/l:LogFile] [/n] [/f] [/g] [/e] [/mi:RegExp] [/me:RegExp] [/t:] zPNP.exe without parametres searches and establishes the drivers described in zPNP.ini zPNP.ini ******************************************************************************* [Config] ; log file Log = %Temp%\zPnp_Log.txt ;wim file mask. For the command line - /w:mask Wim=*.wim [DevicesMask] ; The regular expression, describing the driver for which search is carried out. ; For example: Include=Externet ; Empty value - to hiccup all. For the command line - /mi:RegExp Include = ; Similarly, but for an exception of search ; For example: Exclude=Secondary ; Empty value - not to exclude anything. For the command line - /me:RegExp Exclude = ; Ways of search of drivers, at parametre instructions /p:path are ignored [CDROM] Path=Drivers [REMOVABLE] Path=Drivers [FIXED] ; Disks for search, * - all Drive = Path=PeDrivers [Execute] ; To execute after installation, at parametre instructions /n are ignored 2=MountStorPe.exe -h 3=systray.exe ******************************************************************************* /q - to ignore by search drivers from Microsoft /i - Gui mode, the inquiry of a way of search of drivers stands out /e - Gui mode, the inquiry about installation of the found drivers stands out /t: - (1 - default) the number of passes of search of drivers, is necessary, for example at installation HD Audio when at first it is put HD Audio Bus Driver /f - force installation of the driver from.inf a file /? - Help zPNP.exe comprises a database on drivers # # List of PCI ID's # # Version: 2010.04.09 # Date: 2010-04-09 03:15:02 # # Maintained by Martin Mares and other volunteers from the # PCI ID Project at http://pciids.sf.net/. # # New data are always welcome, especially if they are accurate. If you have # anything to contribute, please follow the instructions at the web site. # # This file can be distributed under either the GNU General Public License # (version 2 or higher) or the 3-clause BSD License. # For job zPNP.exe in the catalogue from it should be DevCon.exe Examples: zPNP.exe/2 - Automatic search and installation of drivers the number of passes - 2 agrees zPNP.ini, zPNP.exe /i /e - Inquiry of a place of search and installation of the found drivers if to specify the catalogue established Wimdows, the driver will be imported. For acceleration of search of drivers index file Drivers.idx by means of Idx2.exe can be created Syntax: Idx2.exe [Path]

#53 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:08 PM

Must be the php redirection or something. The direct link displays much nicer for me: http://nikzzzz.winbu...P/ReadMeEng.txt

Regards,
Galapo.

#54 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:21 PM

Yes that's much easier to read but no easier to understand.

#55 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:28 PM

As nikzzzz already said, his english isn't the best.
Would be great, if someone, who speaks better english and who has managed to use zpnp successfully, could provide a better understandable Readme.

;)

#56 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:31 PM

I have reworded alot of it. This bit has me confused:

; Ways of search of drivers, at parametre instructions /p:path are ignored

[CDROM]

Path=Drivers

[REMOVABLE]
Path=Drivers

[FIXED]
; Disks for search, * - all
Drive=
Path=PeDrivers

[Execute]
; To execute after installation, at parametre instructions /n are ignored
2=MountStorPe.exe -h
3=systray.exe

#57 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:39 PM

The way i understood it was like this:

[FIXED]
; Disks for search, * - all
Drive=
Path=PeDrivers

To search all fixed Drives use:
Drive=*
The Path thing though still confuses me. Search on all Drives in the same Path sounds strange.

[Execute]
; To execute after installation, at parametre instructions /n are ignored
2=MountStorPe.exe -h
3=systray.exe

Those are programs that should get executed after detect and install of drivers is done.
Presumably, if zpnp.exe is called with parameter /n this section is ignored. ?

;)

#58 nikzzzz

nikzzzz

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 263 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:48 AM

The Path thing though still confuses me. Search on all Drives in the same Path sounds strange.

Those are programs that should get executed after detect and install of drivers is done.
Presumably, if zpnp.exe is called with parameter /n this section is ignored. ?

;)

Hi all

If the system (bootsdi or wimboot) is loaded with hdd, the letter of a loading disk is not known. It is possible to create a unique name of the catalogue of drivers, it will be found (Drive = *).
Command line - /n ignored section [Execute]
I will be grateful, if someone corrects curve ReadMe. ;)

Regards,
Nikzzzz.

#59 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:42 AM

So for [FIXED] what is the difference bewtween

[FIXED]
Drive=*

and

[FIXED]
Drive=

Does [FIXED],[REMOVABLE],[CDROM] refer to the boot drive type or is it saying regardless search this type of media for the specified root directory.

So if you specify

[CDROM]
Path=Drivers

[REMOVABLE]
Path=Drivers

[FIXED]
Drive=*
Path=Drivers

Is that saying if I boot from cdrom only search the cdrom for the drivers folder or regardless of what mechanism I use to boot search all types of drive looking for a folder named Drivers?

#60 nikzzzz

nikzzzz

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 263 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 12:26 PM

For [FIXED] :

Drive=* - all fixed drives
Drive=xy - drives x: y:
Drive=empty - no search

For [REMOVABLE] or [CDROM] :

Drive=* - always, similarly fixed

If Drive=empty or Path=empty - no search

Irrespective of loading (CD, HDD...) search goes on all paths.

#61 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 12:27 PM

So for [FIXED] what is the difference bewtween

[FIXED]
Drive=*

and

[FIXED]
Drive=

I understood it like this. But i hadn't had time to play with it yet.
Drive=* - Search all Drives
Drive= - Search no Drives

Does [FIXED],[REMOVABLE],[CDROM] refer to the boot drive type or is it saying regardless search this type of media for the specified root directory.

So if you specify

[CDROM]
Path=Drivers

[REMOVABLE]
Path=Drivers

[FIXED]
Drive=*
Path=Drivers

Is that saying if I boot from cdrom only search the cdrom for the drivers folder or regardless of what mechanism I use to boot search all types of drive looking for a folder named Drivers?

I don't think there is any connection to boot type. The point i don't get is, why distinguish between the 3?

;)

#62 nikzzzz

nikzzzz

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 263 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 12:59 PM

I don't think there is any connection to boot type. The point i don't get is, why distinguish between the 3?
;)

4 - (+NETWORK drive)

At Ram booting it is impossible to define, the system whence is loaded, it is recommended to leave only existing boot devices.

#63 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:19 PM

it is recommended to leave only existing boot devices.

Do you really mean existing boot devices or just existing devices?

;)

#64 nikzzzz

nikzzzz

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 263 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 05:34 AM

Do you really mean existing boot devices or just existing devices?

;)

I meant, if loading goes for example from CD, it is better not to specify other devices, there there can be "correct" catalogue. It will increase time and can cause the conflict.

Regards,
Nikzzzz.

#65 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:02 AM

btw. In a Ramboot situation, you can identify the PE-CD, by looking for a tag file, you have put on it. That's how setupldr does it.

;)

#66 nikzzzz

nikzzzz

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 263 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:21 AM

btw. In a Ramboot situation, you can identify the PE-CD, by looking for a tag file, you have put on it. That's how setupldr does it.

;)

In quality tag file it is possible to use a unique name of the catalogue with drivers, it is registered in ini file.

#67 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:30 AM

If you need a different ini file for different media then it makes the program very difficult to use. Some of for example use one build of PE on different media - CD, USB, hard drive. You should not have to rebuild PE to switch between different boot media.

#68 nikzzzz

nikzzzz

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 263 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:40 AM

If you need a different ini file for different media then it makes the program very difficult to use. Some of for example use one build of PE on different media - CD, USB, hard drive. You should not have to rebuild PE to switch between different boot media.

It is possible to adjust ini a file on all devices, but it will a little slow down work. By default zPnp.script supports CDROM and USB flash.

#69 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 17 April 2010 - 12:12 PM

If multiple drivers folders exist and are present on different media will they all be used for device installation or will just the first folder found be used?

If multiple drivers are found that support a device which one is used? Is some sort of driver ranking used or is the first one found used?

What does zpnp use devcon for?

#70 nikzzzz

nikzzzz

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 263 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 12:48 PM

If multiple drivers folders exist and are present on different media will they all be used for device installation or will just the first folder found be used?

If multiple drivers are found that support a device which one is used? Is some sort of driver ranking used or is the first one found used?

What does zpnp use devcon for?

Search in all catalogues, is used the first found on ID the driver.
Devcon it is used for the analysis of the devices and installation of drivers, I tried to use standard means a microsoft.

#71 nikzzzz

nikzzzz

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 263 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 04:47 PM

Update zPnp,script
The search algorithm of drivers is changed
The basis of devices is updated

zPnp.script

Regards,
Nikzzzz.

#72 nikzzzz

nikzzzz

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 263 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 12:00 PM

Update zPnp,script

Fixed bug - incorrect handling of section "Strings" in inf files.
Speed is raised.
It is updated idx2.exe

Attached File  zPNP_2010_08_29.7z   806.85KB   767 downloads

Regards,
Nikzzzz.

#73 Max_Real Qnx

Max_Real Qnx

Gold Member

• Patrician
  • 1382 posts
  • Interests:To be or not to be that is the question.
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 30 August 2010 - 01:56 PM

Hi nikzzzz :cheers:

Nice work but I did not see the any advantage of this program. pnputil can do this job with less effort.

For example network card:
pnputil -i -a x:\windows\inf\net*.inf

http://www.autoitscr...howtopic=118513

Best regards ;)

#74 nikzzzz

nikzzzz

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 263 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 07:18 PM

Hi nikzzzz ;)

Nice work but I did not see the any advantage of this program. pnputil can do this job with less effort.

For example network card:
pnputil -i -a x:\windows\inf\net*.inf

http://www.autoitscr...howtopic=118513

Best regards :ph34r:

Hi Max_Real Qnx

I did not test pnputil, I will try.
Advantages:
Speed of search considerably above (the index file is used) !!!!!
The path is defined automatically
Wim package of drivers
Manual setting of drivers
It is optimized for WinPe

Regards,
Nikzzzz.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users