• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#26 nate

nate

• .script developer
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 06:49 PM

support for sata-raid/network drivers , like in bartpe would be great
that way it will be easy to use driver packs like the ones that come with ubcd4win and have much wider compatbility

#27 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 15 December 2006 - 06:59 PM

support for sata-raid/network drivers , like in bartpe would be great
that way it will be easy to use driver packs like the ones that come with ubcd4win and have much wider compatbility

This is more a project feature rather than plain winbuilder.exe but I understand your intention - I personally use a sata drive myself so I understand how tought it is to build a boot disk and not be able to acess the HDD.

Will do my best to integrate them as well!! :P

#28 nate

nate

• .script developer
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 10:44 PM

actually it is a plain winbuilder feature that can be implanted , i wasnt talking on manually integrating various drivers , ill be more clear

bartpe have a "drivers" folder and inside of it theres scsiadapter/net subfolders
in these folders ppl can put their storage controllers/network drivers by creating a folder/subfolders containing em , bartpe knows how to process (or handle more simply) txtsetup.oem and driver format .inf files , therfore bartpe knows where to copy the driver files to and where to add their entries in the registry , this is what i was talking about , the ability to process txtsetup.oem and driver format .inf files , ubcd4win (an oem bartpe) comes with alot of storage controller/network drivers and if youll add the ability to process^ and the drivers\scsiadapter & drivers\net folders it will be easy to get em all integrated

#29 curare

curare

• .script developer
  • 96 posts
  •  
    Philippines

Posted 22 December 2006 - 12:17 PM

Hi Nuno Brito,

I have been wondering if on attachments tab, where files are encoded, if click and drag can be supported...
extract and add files will be as easy as dragging files from and to in it...

:P

Mabuhay!!!

#30 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 22 December 2006 - 12:35 PM

Sure it can be added - I've added shell support on other apps, can also be added here. I'll work on it after 053 is ready - will this be ok?

Obrigado! :P

#31 curare

curare

• .script developer
  • 96 posts
  •  
    Philippines

Posted 22 December 2006 - 12:43 PM

Sure it can be added - I've added shell support on other apps, can also be added here. I'll work on it after 053 is ready - will this be ok?

Obrigado! :P

I should be the one to be thankful...
I can always wait, I'll/We'll wait for the release...

Maraming Salamat...

#32 BJA

BJA
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 06:20 PM

Hi

Early days for me with Winbuilder, and particularly interested in VistaPE. However it would be great if some kind soul could upgrade the Drive Image Plugin from 1.18 to 1.21. The latter is both XP and Vista compatible. If I knew how to do this, I would, but as a starter have not found out yet.

Many thanks,

BJA :P

#33 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 21 February 2007 - 10:59 AM

Hi

Early days for me with Winbuilder, and particularly interested in VistaPE. However it would be great if some kind soul could upgrade the Drive Image Plugin from 1.18 to 1.21. The latter is both XP and Vista compatible. If I knew how to do this, I would, but as a starter have not found out yet.

Many thanks,

BJA :P

I can explain all the needed steps if you want - just post your plugin and I'll detail the needed changes, but wich Drive Image are you refering to? :P

#34 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 02:15 PM

Could we have some sort of cache file, to prevent the scanning of the project scripts every time we connect to the download server?

:loleverybody:

PS I still believe that it would be way smarter to attach the version number and maybe even the build date to the filename. This way the scanning would be way faster.

#35 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 13 August 2007 - 07:57 PM

We already have versioning present on each script - how would we do the same on binary files?

I know we can do it automatically, but imagine the trouble every time we needed to upload them all up again.. :w00t:

Look inside updates.ini - each .script/.project entry contains the data for the expected version to make things faster.

About cache it's not an impossible suggestion, maybe we can work on it in September.. :loleverybody:

#36 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 10:00 PM

When a script Uses a Browse option to point to folder or file.
If the files are within the Winbuilder Folder.

Let say Winbuilder is in

C:\Winbuilder

and the script is in
C:\WinBuilder\Projects\nativeEx_barebone\Apps\Internet\ZoneAlarm Pro - Free v.5.5.94.0.script

When you use the Browse button and you want to point to the License key. Lets say I have put it under the same directory or under another subfolder such as \ZoneAlarm Pro key

So instead of the Browse using
C:\WinBuilder\Projects\nativeEx_barebone\Apps\Internet\
or
C:\WinBuilder\Projects\nativeEx_barebone\Apps\Internet\ZoneAlarm Pro key

I would like it to use something like
%BaseDir%\

instead of
C:\

I hope you undertand what i mean.
I dont know what the %BaseDir%\ thing is but its just an example.

#37 billonious

billonious

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:curiosity

Posted 05 December 2007 - 01:32 PM

1. I saw that it has been asked before, but I believe Nuno should add a find/replace ability in source panel. It is a nice time-saving instead of editing scripts with external notepad.

2. A good idea is the ability to temporary check/tag certain lines in source panel (as notepad++ does) in case there is code of some hundred lines.

3. I would also like to have more extended api commands. If api could support 2 or more executable files in the same script with 2(or more) shortcuts & and more that 2 levels in shortcuts like that:

[variables]
%ProgramTitle%=NortonGhost
%Program1exe%=Ghost32.exe
%Program2exe%=GhostExplorer.exe
%Program3exe%=Castserver.exe
%ProgramFolder%=NortonGhost

[process]
Add_Shortcut,StartMenu,Ghost,%Program1exe%
Add_Shortcut,StartMenu,Ghost,%Program2exe%
Add_Shortcut,StartMenu,Ghost,%Program3exe%

#38 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 05 December 2007 - 05:03 PM

Find and Search is a frustating matter to me - can you believe that I've been planning to add this for over a year and still haven't managed to get it working? :cheers:

I'm using Tsynedit component for delphi 7 - if you (or anyone else) know your way around coding and figure how to use the internal search function I'd say thanks a million times.. :cheers:

-----------

API changes are not directly to WinBuilder.exe - it's all defined inside a script file called api.script inside each project.

This is good because it can be improved quickly without being dependent on WinBuilder.exe itself.

The discussion for this api can be found inside the development sub-forum.

Pedrole15, Galapo and other members around here keep track on the latest changes and make the necessary improvements.

:cheers:

#39 billonious

billonious

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 528 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:13 AM

I'm using Tsynedit component for delphi 7 - if you (or anyone else) know your way around coding and figure how to use the internal search function I'd say thanks a million times

A friend of mine claims that he is genius in coding. I will test him asking about search option. :-)

#40 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 06 December 2007 - 07:28 AM

3. I would also like to have more extended api commands. If api could support 2 or more executable files in the same script with 2(or more) shortcuts & and more that 2 levels in shortcuts like that:

[variables]
%Program1exe%=Ghost32.exe
%Program2exe%=GhostExplorer.exe
%Program3exe%=Castserver.exe

[process]
Add_Shortcut,StartMenu,Ghost,%Program1exe%
Add_Shortcut,StartMenu,Ghost,%Program2exe%
Add_Shortcut,StartMenu,Ghost,%Program3exe%

I do not exactly know how the API works, but this should do what you want:
[variables]

%Programexe%=Ghost32.exe

[process]

Add_Shortcut,StartMenu,Ghost,%Programexe%

Set,%Programexe%,GhostExplorer.exe

Set,%Programexe%,Castserver.exe

Peter

#41 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 06 December 2007 - 08:06 AM

Pedro's api has already got this covered:
[AddShortcut]

//===>  Add_Shortcut,[Type],[Folder],[FullFileName],[Title],[Work Folder],[Parameters],[IconFile( .ico .exe)],[StartMode(1, 2, 3, or 4)]

An example may be seen in my InfraRecorder script:
[variables]

%ProgramTitle%=InfraRecorder

%ProgramEXE%=InfraRecorder.exe

%ProgramFolder%=InfraRecorder

%encodedfolder%=InfraRecorder

%7zfile%=InfraRecorder.7z

[process]

unpack,%encodedfolder%,%7zfile%,True

If,%pCheckBox2%,Equal,True,Add_Shortcut,StartMenu

If,%pCheckBox2%,Equal,True,Add_Shortcut,StartMenu,,%PE_Programs%\%ProgramFolder%\irExpress.exe","InfraRecorder Express"

The last line creates a shortcut to another executable than that listed under [variables].

You could also create extra executable variables under [variables] like in your example if you wanted, too. You would just need to supply the correct syntax.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Galapo.

#42 billonious

billonious

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 528 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 01:30 PM

that 's all? so easy? thnx

#43 carfan

carfan

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 196 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 16 February 2008 - 04:28 PM

it would be a good idea if we could delete script from the winbuilder scripts gui. ex: if under the folder network ther were serveral scripts some of which you didnt use it would be nice to delete them and restart winbuilder.

-c

by the way - welcome back nuno

#44 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 16 February 2008 - 07:30 PM

Thank you for the welcome! :thumbsup:

---

Regarding your request - it could be done for sure, let's discuss it over the next beta.. :D

#45 Alexei

Alexei

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 664 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 03:29 AM

:tabletalk: Nuno!
Can you please add couple ShellExecute to the WB?
I mean call after each command and call after each script.
Of course, they have to be defined in WB ini (off by default).
That would be great for debugging and just tracking the builds :D
Next Beta?
:thumbsup:
Alexei

#46 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 30 March 2008 - 12:53 AM

Based on your latest published work I can understand the reason for this function.

I have no objections and hope to implement it as you expect it to work. It will most definitively have a huge impact on performance as shellExecute calls are needed but will also be optional as you mention and therefore speed won't become such an important factor.

I will need more time as other features/bugfixes are already planned but when time comes I'll ask for more details whenever in doubt.

------

Sorry for my delay in replying - I missed this post somehow and only saw it while browsing this section. (usually only press the "new posts" button).. :tabletalk:

Please add this request on the bug tracker to keep it in memory.

#47 Nixie

Nixie

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 04 April 2008 - 10:32 AM

Hi Nuno
i have a strange request:
can you add a button to stop or pause the image building after i have pressed play ?

tnx

#48 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 04 April 2008 - 10:37 AM

Seems a good suggestion, please add it for reference on the bug tracker: http://www.boot-land...ocom=bugtracker

#49 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 04 April 2008 - 10:38 AM

Hi Nuno
i have a strange request:
can you add a button to stop or pause the image building after i have pressed play ?

tnx

Hi Nixie,

welcome in our forum.

I think you mean this button
stop.gif

Peter

#50 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 23 April 2008 - 04:36 AM

A nice feature for 'Create a new script...' tool would be an option to add an icon/logo automatically by choosing an icon or small image file. The way I do it now is to select the icon or image first (before adding dependencies), run the 'Create' function to encode the file and manually edit the text in the script to recognize the icon/logo like this:
[EncodedFile-AuthorEncoded-jbicon.ico]

lines=0

0=...

[AuthorEncoded]

jbicon.ico=1Kb,1Kb

Logo=jbicon.ico

If there's a simpler way to do this now, I'd appreciate a heads up. If not, could this be added as an option in future builds? Thanks Nuno :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users