[script]Network support

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1 HighwayStar

HighwayStar

• .script developer
  • 71 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 12:17 PM

Good news everyone! Since Alexei's network script that we waiting for a long still not work we (members of forum.ru-board.com :P ) have made our own network script. NIKZZZZ search for registry entries and I test and search for files. Now it work. TCP\IP, Microsoft Network client, DHCP, File Sharind, Network Drives.
Everyone welcome for tests.
You need net.script and Alexei's penetconfig.script. Just build with this scripts, start your VM and run penetcfg.exe from system32 directory.
I have tested script on Winbuilder 051 and its sandbox. It seems fine. :P
Have fun! :P
EDITED

My Scripts for network suport:
net.script,
also you need alexei's penetconfig.script,
and VMWare NIC driver script for comfort testVMWareNIC

Alexei has made his network script working too.
http://alexei.boot-l.../Network.script
You also need:
Network configurator - http://alexei.boot-l...PEnetCfg.script
NIC drivers (RTL8139 and DEC21140, OK with VPC) - http://alexei.boot-l...blic/NIC.script

Holger made replacement for bartpe.exe you can find it in downloads area

#2 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 04:14 PM

Thanks! Will test as soon as possible. Will be back with results. :P

start your VM and run penetcfg.exe from system32 directory

Can you temporaraly have a Shortcut for that file. Untill the scripts are more cleaned up to automatically work.

#3 Holger

Holger

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 534 posts
  • Interests:- programming / scripting
    - scooter driving / modifying
    - writing poems
  •  
    Germany

Posted 29 October 2006 - 04:27 PM

The "net.script" seems to be very interesting.
I will test it with the bartpe-replacement-exe I started to develope weeks ago.
The networking things I couldn't implement completely until now.
Maybe I don't need to finish it if the "hardware-scan-exe" works together with the net.script.
I will let you know next week...

So long :P
Holger

#4 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 05:47 PM

I cant get it to work because the PEnetCfg wont download the zip file. As reported to the Alexie thread the zip file is not being downloaded and there is no way to point to an alternative folder where the files can be found. Why not embed the files within the Script.

#5 HighwayStar

HighwayStar

• .script developer
  • 71 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 06:19 PM

cant get it to work because the PEnetCfg wont download the zip file. As reported to the Alexie thread the zip file is not being downloaded and there is no way to point to an alternative folder where the files can be found. Why not embed the files within the Script.

@TheHive
You can find all you need here http://highwaystar.b...cripts/network/
Just put all files in one folder.

#6 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 12:06 AM

Ok i put all files in one folder. They should be embeded in the script I think. I guess I have to ask Alexei if it can be done like that. Might have to email TheThruth to see if that is ok by him.

Here is how I feel right now with testing this and I guess it expresses my results with the scripts you posted.

Posted Image

This is a nice gift for Nuno. Networking ability on his birthday. :P

Dont mind the time. It is actually 6:00 PM right now. My Vmware is messed up on the time. Testes under Winbuilder 051. Created a Quick Iso with Opera to test and it seemed to run fine without reporting errors from running from the CD. Nice.

Posted Image

Great job guys.

I did get 2 errors in the build.

#898 [Failed] FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Projects\Standard\Test\penetcfg.txt] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\i386\system32]
#920 [Failed] Expand - Failed to expand file: [N:\I386\RASSCRPT.DL_] Dir:[%BaseDir%\Target\i386\system32]
2 error(s) while processing.

#7 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 03:35 AM

You happen to know what Qemu uses for its Network Card. Or do you have a script that will add it similar to the Vmware one.

#8 Holger

Holger

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 534 posts
    - writing poems
  •  
    Germany

Posted 30 October 2006 - 03:47 AM

Yeah, and without "BartPE" all "PeNetCfg" is useless.
And that Bart has a problem with this project here is known...
One fact you should not forget.

#9 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 30 October 2006 - 09:24 AM

And that Bart has a problem with this project here is known...
One fact you should not forget.

Could you elaborate on this?

jaclaz

#10 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 30 October 2006 - 11:09 AM

Take a look here:

http://www.boot-land...?...post&p=1843
http://www.boot-land...?...post&p=1954

Might help.. :P

#11 Alexei

Alexei

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 664 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 07:48 PM

I just re-checked PEnetCfg.script in WB 051
It downloads PEnetCfg and BartPE.exe, so there is no legal problems with them.
See the log below
Alexei
BTW, I have same error with HighwayStar's networking as I had with mine.

#509 [Script] Processing script: PEnetCfg

#510 [Info] File [%BaseDir%\Projects\Standard\Test\PEnetCfg\PEnetCfg.script] Version [2]

#511 [Success] IF - Sucessfully tested if file doesn't exist: [%BaseDir%\Projects\Standard\Test\PEnetCfg\penetcfg.exe] executing command: [WebGet,%PENetCfg_WEB%,%ScriptDir%\penetcfg.zip] 

#512 [Success] WebGet - Downloaded file: [http://www.geocities.com/pierremounir/bin/penetcfg.zip] to directory: [%BaseDir%\Projects\Standard\Test\PEnetCfg\penetcfg.zip]

#513 [Success] IF - Sucessfully tested if file doesn't exist: [%BaseDir%\Projects\Standard\Test\PEnetCfg\bartpe.exe] executing command: [WebGet,%BartPE_WEB%,%ScriptDir%\pebuilder.zip] 

#514 [Success] WebGet - Downloaded file: [ftp://dl.xs4all.nl/pub/mirror/nu2files/pebuilder3110.zip] to directory: [%BaseDir%\Projects\Standard\Test\PEnetCfg\pebuilder.zip]

#515 [Success] Shellexecute: [Hide] using: [cmd.exe] with parameters: [/C echo pushd %BaseDir%\Projects\Standard\Test\PEnetCfg > "%BaseDir%\Projects\Standard\Test\PEnetCfg\_tmp.cmd" ] 

#516 [Success] Shellexecute: [Hide] using: [cmd.exe] with parameters: [/C echo if not exist penetcfg.zip goto SKIP1 >> "%BaseDir%\Projects\Standard\Test\PEnetCfg\_tmp.cmd" ] 

#517 [Success] Shellexecute: [Hide] using: [cmd.exe] with parameters: [/C echo "%BaseDir%\Tools\7z.exe" E -Y penetcfg.zip penetcfg.exe >> "%BaseDir%\Projects\Standard\Test\PEnetCfg\_tmp.cmd" ] 

#518 [Success] Shellexecute: [Hide] using: [cmd.exe] with parameters: [/C echo "%BaseDir%\Tools\7z.exe" E -Y penetcfg.zip penetcfg.ini >> "%BaseDir%\Projects\Standard\Test\PEnetCfg\_tmp.cmd" ] 

#519 [Success] Shellexecute: [Hide] using: [cmd.exe] with parameters: [/C echo "%BaseDir%\Tools\7z.exe" E -Y penetcfg.zip license.txt >> "%BaseDir%\Projects\Standard\Test\PEnetCfg\_tmp.cmd" ] 

#520 [Success] Shellexecute: [Hide] using: [cmd.exe] with parameters: [/C echo "%BaseDir%\Tools\7z.exe" E -Y penetcfg.zip readme.txt >> "%BaseDir%\Projects\Standard\Test\PEnetCfg\_tmp.cmd" ] 

#521 [Success] Shellexecute: [Hide] using: [cmd.exe] with parameters: [/C echo copy readme.txt+license.txt penetcfg.txt >> "%BaseDir%\Projects\Standard\Test\PEnetCfg\_tmp.cmd" ] 

#522 [Success] Shellexecute: [Hide] using: [cmd.exe] with parameters: [/C echo erase readme.txt >> "%BaseDir%\Projects\Standard\Test\PEnetCfg\_tmp.cmd" ] 

#523 [Success] Shellexecute: [Hide] using: [cmd.exe] with parameters: [/C echo erase license.txt >> "%BaseDir%\Projects\Standard\Test\PEnetCfg\_tmp.cmd" ] 

#524 [Success] Shellexecute: [Hide] using: [cmd.exe] with parameters: [/C echo erase penetcfg.zip >> "%BaseDir%\Projects\Standard\Test\PEnetCfg\_tmp.cmd" ] 

#525 [Success] Shellexecute: [Hide] using: [cmd.exe] with parameters: [/C echo :SKIP1 >> "%BaseDir%\Projects\Standard\Test\PEnetCfg\_tmp.cmd" ] 

#526 [Success] Shellexecute: [Hide] using: [cmd.exe] with parameters: [/C echo if not exist pebuilder.zip goto SKIP2 >> "%BaseDir%\Projects\Standard\Test\PEnetCfg\_tmp.cmd" ] 

#527 [Success] Shellexecute: [Hide] using: [cmd.exe] with parameters: [/C echo "%BaseDir%\Tools\7z.exe" E -Y pebuilder.zip bartpe.exe >> "%BaseDir%\Projects\Standard\Test\PEnetCfg\_tmp.cmd" ] 

#528 [Success] Shellexecute: [Hide] using: [cmd.exe] with parameters: [/C echo "%BaseDir%\Tools\7z.exe" E -Y pebuilder.zip bartpe.txt >> "%BaseDir%\Projects\Standard\Test\PEnetCfg\_tmp.cmd" ] 

#529 [Success] Shellexecute: [Hide] using: [cmd.exe] with parameters: [/C echo erase pebuilder.zip >> "%BaseDir%\Projects\Standard\Test\PEnetCfg\_tmp.cmd" ] 

#530 [Success] Shellexecute: [Hide] using: [cmd.exe] with parameters: [/C echo :SKIP2 >> "%BaseDir%\Projects\Standard\Test\PEnetCfg\_tmp.cmd" ] 

#531 [Success] Shellexecute: [Hide] using: [cmd.exe] with parameters: [/C "%BaseDir%\Projects\Standard\Test\PEnetCfg\_tmp.cmd"] 

#532 [Success] Shellexecute: [Hide] using: [cmd.exe] with parameters: [/C erase "%BaseDir%\Projects\Standard\Test\PEnetCfg\_tmp.cmd"] 

#533 [Success] FileCopy - Copied [%BaseDir%\Projects\Standard\Test\PEnetCfg\penetcfg.exe] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\i386\system32] 

#534 [Success] FileCopy - Copied [%BaseDir%\Projects\Standard\Test\PEnetCfg\penetcfg.ini] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\i386\system32] 

#535 [Success] FileCopy - Copied [%BaseDir%\Projects\Standard\Test\PEnetCfg\penetcfg.txt] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\i386\system32] 

#536 [Success] FileCopy - Copied [%BaseDir%\Projects\Standard\Test\PEnetCfg\bartpe.exe] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\i386\system32] 

#537 [Success] FileCopy - Copied [%BaseDir%\Projects\Standard\Test\PEnetCfg\bartpe.txt] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\i386\system32]

#538 [Info] Processing time: 4 seconds and 6 miliseconds

Finished processing script: PEnetCfg

#539 [Info] Duration: 34 seconds and 189 miliseconds

#12 HighwayStar

HighwayStar

• .script developer
  • 71 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 12:16 AM

@Alexei

BTW, I have same error with HighwayStar's networking as I had with mine.

What error you got? It maybe if you download my script in 10 minutes after I post it. First 10 minutes was wrong version with wrong encoded infs
Can I merge your PEnetCfg.script with my net.script ?

#13 Alexei

Alexei

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 664 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 07:07 PM

Can I merge your PEnetCfg.script with my net.script ?

I don't think Net and PEnetCfg should be merged.
The result would not allow end-user to use networking without PEnetCfg (it's possible).
PEnetCfg has some improvements to be done (I mean creation of pre-defined INIs from WB).
I'm also thinking about moving download from run-time to design-time button.
Anyway, it will be several scripts for NIC drivers, at least following:
- most common NIC drivers
- all other NIC drivers
Future development to provide all networking "features" is also possible.
Generally, merging scripts decreases WB flexibility and complicates further development, though as of now it may look beneficial. I expect in the future we will have ability to manipulate groups of related scripts as one entity, which most probably would resolve your concern.

What error you got?

It's "can't start TCPIP service". I'll check up INFs and let you know.
Interestingly, your and mine registry entries in the Setupreg are almost identical (with some differences in security settings). I'm going to investigate it further, though I have to take care of other stuff :P
:P
Alexei

#14 Holger

Holger

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 534 posts
    - writing poems
  •  
    Germany

Posted 31 October 2006 - 07:31 PM

Don't know if it is the right topic here.
However, good news from the network front. :P
I got networking working :P with my replacement utility which is based up "snetcfg", "devcon" and ideas from Bart's "bartpe"-tool.
It's just more simple and provide only the "detecting" of pnp-devices and "installation" of some components, so I mean no showing or uninstalling of components is possible which is known from "snetcfg" and "bartpe".
Maybe I will put the exe here tomorrow in the evening.
At the moment the code is a little bit ugly and I have to clean up some things.
More error checking I will buildin later, maybe on Thursday.
So long...
Holger
Posted Image

#15 Yorn

Yorn

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 178 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 07:39 PM

Don't forget about WLAN:
http://www.driverpac...hp/DriverPacks/

#16 Alexei

Alexei

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 664 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 08:32 PM

At the moment the code is a little bit ugly and I have to clean up some things.

While doing this, can you please provide some logging suitable for troubleshooting :P
Alexei

#17 Alexei

Alexei

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 664 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 08:35 PM

Don't forget about WLAN:

Obviously, it's gonna be separate script :P
Alexei

#18 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 31 October 2006 - 10:12 PM

..good news from the network front. :P

Really good news to hear!! Will be looking forward to test it out.. :P

#19 Holger

Holger

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 534 posts
    - writing poems
  •  
    Germany

Posted 01 November 2006 - 09:46 PM

I put the file to the download section for testing (had no time today for much code cleaning...)
Don't forgot, it's just a testing version, no other files are included, no script, no inf's, so you have to know what you doing/testing.
At the moment the logfile will be written always to the "TEMP"-folder (RAMDrive mostly).
The easiest way to include it in a test-iso is to delete an existing "bartpe.exe" and put the file named "bartpe.exe" into the dir.
If you have any problems/suggestions please let me know.
Greets :P
Holger
BTW: I will primary now work on a script now to make it easy to use the utility and create/change the right inf-files.

#20 Alexei

Alexei

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 664 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 11:44 PM

BTW: I will primary now work on a script now to make it easy to use the utility and create/change the right inf-files.

Congratulations :P
Of course, it must be too early to talk about things like that, but you may want to think in that direction:
I mean, MS designed its networking "structure" to allow dynamic install/uninstall/reinstall all networking protocols, etc. It also had to be able to adjust existing structures at change of network adapter, etc.
In PE we don't need all that flexibility (just hardware changes). So, it may be benefitial (and simpler) to create most of the networking during the Build. It would also make booting faster :P Again, it's not for now, byt maybe you may prefer to add some stuff to the build instead of making INFs :P
Alexei

#21 smiley

smiley

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 905 posts
  •  
    Greece

Posted 02 November 2006 - 01:13 PM

Congratulations :P
Of course, it must be too early to talk about things like that, but you may want to think in that direction:
I mean, MS designed its networking "structure" to allow dynamic install/uninstall/reinstall all networking protocols, etc. It also had to be able to adjust existing structures at change of network adapter, etc.
In PE we don't need all that flexibility (just hardware changes). So, it may be benefitial (and simpler) to create most of the networking during the Build. It would also make booting faster :P Again, it's not for now, byt maybe you may prefer to add some stuff to the build instead of making INFs :P
Alexei

John

#22 Holger

Holger

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 534 posts
    - writing poems
  •  
    Germany

Posted 02 November 2006 - 03:01 PM

Yeah, maybe in the future.
However, at the moment I see no faster booting with direct integrating of network here but slower booting cause you have to load some more drivers and start services during boot.
We will see what the future brings :P
Holger

#23 Yorn

Yorn

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 178 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 08:35 PM

Has anyone asked TheTruth about using penetcfg or whatever it is? I know you guys said Bart said no, but I don't think Bart made that utility.

#24 Holger

Holger

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 534 posts
    - writing poems
  •  
    Germany

Posted 02 November 2006 - 08:52 PM

I asked him for his permission some month ago :P
However, I think Nuno also contacted him...

#25 Alexei

Alexei

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 664 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 03:06 AM

I just uploaded my Network.script to http://alexei.boot-land.net/Public/
It's finally working :P
You'll also need NIC.script (drivers), and of course, PEnetCfg.script

I bit of history (how I did it):
- I discovered HighwayStar's script somehow doesn't work :P
- By accident I found that when both (mine and HighwayStar's) scripts were enabled it worked :P
- Numerous iterations allowed me to find what was missing in my script (not much though).
- I also found that HighwayStar's script includes encoded INFs from BartPE with russian localization :P
- With INFs from eng BartPE it also worked, but I didn't want it this way :P
- Finally I managed to modify original MS INFs directly from the script, so no INFs need to be encoded :P

So, the differences from HighwayStar's are:
- No Bart's INFs encoded
- No problems with localization (no localization in encoded INFs)
- More DLLs are included (it's potentially more stable as they are referred),
- I also included ipconfig and ping (maybe move them away later)

Finally, I'd like to note that without work done by many other people, including HighwayStar, I wouldn't be able to do it, see "Credits=" in the script.

Possible future development:
- ability to preset networking parameters from the script dialog
- control over disabling non-essential services (Messanger, Alerter, etc.) from the script dialog
- pre-build most of networking initialization into setupreg.hiv (less inf-processing means faster booting)

Alexei

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users