Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 06 June 2008 - 11:49 PM

Hi Nuno and Peter,

Thanks for the update! Many new things and improvements. Well done!

A couple of things:

1. Can we have a scripted example of the structuring of the new 'Loop' command? Multiple 'Else,If' should be straight forward.

2. WebGet function seems broken. Beta 1 was working. Perhaps it's tied to the removal of IE dependency.

Thanks,
Galapo.

#52 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 07 June 2008 - 12:14 AM

Thanks for the feedback, will look into webget and see if a new updated exe can be uploaded with this bugfix within 5~6 hours. (will sleep a bit today since it's late here)

The removal of IE was like taking a bad tooth - it will take a while until everything gets back to normal.. ;)

----------

For syntax regarding the loop, use the code menu inside the source editor at the "Others" section - it contains an example of usage.

The documentation will be made available in a couple of days when Peter gets back since he was the one who implemented that feature and the appropriate person to explain the details.

I will try to provide a working example.

:thumbup:

#53 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 07 June 2008 - 12:21 AM

For syntax regarding the loop, use the code menu inside the source editor at the "Others" section - it contains an example of usage.

The documentation will be made available in a couple of days when Peter gets back since he was the one who implemented that feature and the appropriate person to explain the details.

Yep that's fine. Take your time as there's no rush. I did have a look where you suggest, but it's not entirely clear I guess without a mock scripted example.

Thanks,
Galapo.

#54 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 07 June 2008 - 07:06 AM

Hi Nuno and Peter,

Thanks for the update! Many new things and improvements. Well done!

A couple of things:

1. Can we have a scripted example of the structuring of the new 'Loop' command? Multiple 'Else,If' should be straight forward.

2. WebGet function seems broken. Beta 1 was working. Perhaps it's tied to the removal of IE dependency.

Thanks,
Galapo.

I think NUno forgot to include the release notes.

Peter

Attached File  ReleaseNotes_075_Beta2.txt   3.05KB   667 downloads

#55 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 07 June 2008 - 07:09 AM

Thank you Peter. All explained now.

Thanks,
Galapo.

#56 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 07 June 2008 - 07:14 AM

Also uploaded a new binary with corrected webget, please try again.

;)

#57 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 07 June 2008 - 07:46 AM

Also uploaded a new binary with corrected webget, please try again.

OK, will do. Thanks for the quick fix!

Regards,
Galapo.

#58 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 07:50 AM

Old 75 beta2

rest.jpg
2.jpg

Updated webget 75 beta2
3.jpg

4.jpg

Log:
Attached File  log.zip   39.79KB   386 downloads

#59 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 07 June 2008 - 08:04 AM

Yes, that's the sort of thing I'm getting too. WebGet still seems broken, unless Nuno hasn't yet uploaded the fixed (?) version yet.

Regards,
Galapo.

#60 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 June 2008 - 11:45 AM

Can you make the tree view on the main page and the download page resizable - it would be nice to be able to get rid of the horizontal scroll bar?

Also there used to be an option to easily step to the next script that had a user interface in a project. That seems to have disappeared. For the big projects like VistaPE it can be very difficult to find the scripts with user interface options.

Also it would be nice to have an option to hide a node in the download tree. For example in Vista PE I never want to download 'OtherOS' but every time I go to the download tab it gets re-enabled for download.

#61 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 08 June 2008 - 04:29 PM

Can you make the tree view on the main page and the download page resizable - it would be nice to be able to get rid of the horizontal scroll bar?

I would not suggest this.
If you increase the tree's width, you simultaniously decrease the GUI interface's width.
And then in well constructed GUIs the horizontal and propably also a vertical scrollbar appear ;)

Also there used to be an option to easily step to the next script that had a user interface in a project. That seems to have disappeared. For the big projects like VistaPE it can be very difficult to find the scripts with user interface options.

As far as I remember the code still exists, only the buttons are invisible. If Nuno agrees, I'l try to reanimate. See next answer about 'simple'.

Also it would be nice to have an option to hide a node in the download tree. For example in Vista PE I never want to download 'OtherOS' but every time I go to the download tab it gets re-enabled for download.

No idea whether this can be 'standard' because WinBuilder claims to be as simple as possible. Perhaps it would be better to bring downloadEx from beta to releasable version.

Peter

#62 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 09 June 2008 - 01:09 PM

A couple of bugs that have been around for a long time but I keep forgetting to report:

• Right-click an attached file in the "Attachments" tab and select "Extract to script path". Nothing gets extracted.
  • Right-click an attached file in the "Attachments" tab and select "Delete". Nothing gets deleted.

#63 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 09 June 2008 - 01:12 PM

A couple of bugs that have been around for a long time but I keep forgetting to report:

• Right-click an attached file in the "Attachments" tab and select "Extract to script path". Nothing gets extracted.
  • Right-click an attached file in the "Attachments" tab and select "Delete". Nothing gets deleted.

Thanks, JohnF

I'll try to fix in beta 3.

Please make an entry in the bug tracker. That is 'my memory'

Peter

#64 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 09 June 2008 - 02:00 PM

Here's an interesting one. This is from WinBuilder 075 beta 2, but I don't know if it's specific to that version.

In the log file, there are duplicate anchors, and multiple links to those anchors. For example, in the enclosed there are five <a name="00015"> tags, four at the start of different scripts and one at a warning, and five <a href="#00015"> tags (obviously each one supposedly referring to a different 00015 tag).

In Opera 9.27, clicking on any of the five links takes you to the beginning of the 4NT script section (the last anchor in the file), whereas in IE7 clicking on any of the five links takes you to the first anchor (the warning).

I entered this in the bug tracker but it doesn't allow file attachments so I'm posting it here too.

Attached File  log.7z   80.09KB   447 downloads

#65 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 09 June 2008 - 03:08 PM

Here's an interesting one. This is from WinBuilder 075 beta 2, but I don't know if it's specific to that version.

Thanks for the report. I'm rather sure that it is beta 2 specific, bacause I changed a lot in the log.
(I hope you agree that it is now much better readable ;) )

Peter

#66 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 09 June 2008 - 05:57 PM

Fixed

Will be included in next beta.

Peter

#67 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 09 June 2008 - 06:04 PM

In the log file, there are duplicate anchors, and multiple links to those anchors. For example, in the enclosed there are five <a name="00015"> tags, four at the start of different scripts and one at a warning, and five <a href="#00015"> tags (obviously each one supposedly referring to a different 00015 tag).

In Opera 9.27, clicking on any of the five links takes you to the beginning of the 4NT script section (the last anchor in the file), whereas in IE7 clicking on any of the five links takes you to the first anchor (the warning).

I entered this in the bug tracker but it doesn't allow file attachments so I'm posting it here too.

Attached File  log.7z   80.09KB   447 downloads

Fixed

Will be included in next beta.

Peter

#68 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 09 June 2008 - 06:33 PM

From the Download Center, Click on the "Servers" tab and uncheck the servers from the "OtherOS" this way wb will simply display the servers you like.

;)

-----------

As far as I remember the code still exists, only the buttons are invisible. If Nuno agrees, I'l try to reanimate. See next answer about 'simple'.

This would be great, thank you Peter.

#69 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 09 June 2008 - 06:38 PM

From the Download Center, Click on the "Servers" tab and uncheck the servers from the "OtherOS" this way wb will simply display the servers you like.
;)

Nuno, you misunderstood the background.

In the VistaPE download tree (No other servers activated!) you have one or more checkboxes to download some Linux versions.
I also sometimes have been rather angry if I forgot to uncheck and therefore got 15 miutes long many megabytes of Linux which I really do not need.

Peter

#70 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:01 PM

Ahh..

I mentioned this to nightman a few weeks ago when he asked my opinion about the beta and he was worried that people would find VistaPE too basic without the linux OS options.

Personally, I give no use to the included linux distribution. Would rather use a full sized Linux rather than having to download 50Mb on dialup from the download center just to try a project. (on dial up that's about 30Mb when my modem is on good mood.. ;) )

This is as decision from the project responsible, maybe a topic on VistaPE can help to solve this question.

#71 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:20 PM

Ahh..

I mentioned this to nightman a few weeks ago when he asked my opinion about the beta and he was worried that people would find VistaPE too basic without the linux OS options.

Personally, I give no use to the included linux distribution. Would rather use a full sized Linux rather than having to download 50Mb on dialup from the download center just to try a project. (on dial up that's about 30Mb when my modem is on good mood.. ;) )

This is as decision from the project responsible, maybe a topic on VistaPE can help to solve this question.

To:

I already did ask long time ago. And you see the result. :thumbup:

Not really serious:
Nightman wants to kid the users and just includes these files to make the user 'strictly view to everything'. If you do not, > download until your disk is out of space.

Now serious:
What do you think about
  • Script tree contents menu on folders
    • Include in download query
    • Do not include in download query
  • Store the decision in folder.project
  • Display this as yellow / red color in the tree's folder icons
  • The unwanted folders are never checked in the download tree, even if the corresponding host's folder is empty
This gives the user the possibility, FOR EVER switch off unwanted downloads, but he is nevertheless able to break his own rule in special cases and CHECK individual files.

I know that this means a fundamental change of several WinBuilder modules, but I think that in 3 (German) days it could be done.

Peter

#72 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 09 June 2008 - 10:52 PM

Sounds good to me.

#73 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 10 June 2008 - 12:28 AM

WebGet regularly fails to download the base file http://downloads.fox...xitReader23.zip ... the URL is valid, and it successfully downloads the rest of the package.

Attached File  PDFReader.7z   4.26KB   459 downloads

#74 mamisano

mamisano

• .script developer
  • 94 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:04 PM

WebGet regularly fails to download the base file http://downloads.fox...xitReader23.zip ... the URL is valid, and it successfully downloads the rest of the package.

Attached File  PDFReader.7z   4.26KB   459 downloads

Yeah - same thing has been happening with my Avast Virus Cleaner script (avastvc.script). This was also an issue for me under Beta 1.

#75 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:11 PM

Yes, webget is failing to work well.

Will try to fix later today! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users