thunn

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 531 posts
  • Interests:computers<br />mechanics<br />distortion<br /><br />
  •  
    United States

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:52 AM

Here's the script for Acronis TrueImage Echo Server some of you have asked about.
Now updated to support all product versions, please note, the script is not finalized, it should be considered beta software!
As Winbuilder scripts use variables all the time, it was easy enough to mold a script into a universal trueimage tool.
This will make keeping different copies for different versions a thing of the past!

bartpecore supports all trueimage echo versions.
livexp, nativeex, nativepe, now also supported.

http://thuun.boot-la.....choOmni95.zip

script status: fairly stable (tested platforms)

*thanks to carfan for performing several tests.
*thanks to dera for spotting an important path inconsistancy.

Please join in some tests and report the results of your version.
Please use script reduction and packing options with care.

For all True Image Echo v9.5 products ..

Attached Thumbnails

• truimgecho_banr.png
  • acroomniscr.png

#2 felix

felix

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Sports
  •  
    Italy

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:18 PM

Here's the script for Acronis TrueImage Echo Server some of you have asked about.
Everthing has worked just fine in my tests, but please report any issues.

Please see my projects for the 'official' release to follow at which time the link may be removed.

http://thuun.boot-la...choServer95.zip

There are minor differences between TI 9.1 Server and TI 9.5 Echo Server so making a Lite version can't be that difficult. ;-)
Anyway good work & thnx for the script.

#3 thunn

thunn

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 531 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:35 PM

Actually this is a major change for ti server, aka, now as ti 'echo'.

The first step was to get the script working perfectly.
Actually, to get an .inf plugin working. And yes it's rather large.

I guess you know what's next ..
:thumbsup:

#4 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:55 AM

Will this work with any of the XP/2003 based projects?

#5 dera

dera

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1335 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 22 January 2008 - 01:55 PM

seems to me the "Add UpperFilters at boot" option not working correctly

and what about to use Frodo's addremfilter.exe?
found here:
http://sourceforge.n...group_id=140774
as I can understand it can change the PEregistry entry 'upperfilters' at runtime
eg.
AddRemFilter.exe -{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318},UpperFilters,PartMgr
AddRemFilter.exe +{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F},UpperFilters,timounter

AddRemFilter.exe +{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318},UpperFilters,PartMgr
AddRemFilter.exe -{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F},UpperFilters,timounter

#6 carfan

carfan

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 196 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:01 PM

Actually this is a major change for ti server, aka, now as ti 'echo'.

The first step was to get the script working perfectly.
Actually, to get an .inf plugin working. And yes it's rather large.\

I guess you know what's next ..
:thumbsup:

maybe you could make it a choice on the gui if they want a full bore or lite version

-c

have problem with rpc service not running in script version thats not there with inf version
- cant perform restore.

#7 dera

dera

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1335 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 24 January 2008 - 11:28 AM

the EnterpriseServer version use the path EnterpriseServer not Enterprise
eg.
Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\TrueImageEchoEnterpriseServer\
Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageEchoEnterpriseServer

i can not see such entry in my registry: Enum\AcroVBus\BACKUPHDD\1&33bc641a&0&0

these lines are not correct:
IniWrite,"%TargetDir%\I386\txtsetup.sif","SourceDisksFiles","snapman.sys","snapman.sys#$c1#$c#$c#$c#$c#$c#$c_3#$c4#$c1"

RegWrite,HKLM,0x1,"WB-software\Acronis\TrueImageEcho%tiVer%\Settings","WorkingDir","%PESysDrv%\%WorkDir%\Common Files\Acronis\%ProgramDir%\"

RegWrite,HKLM,0x1,"WB-software\Acronis\MediaBuilder\Products","TrueImageFullMedia","%PESysDrv%\%WorkDir%\Common Files\Acronis\%ProgramDir%\media_full.config"
RegWrite,HKLM,0x1,"WB-software\Acronis\MediaBuilder\Products","TrueImageRescueCDMedia","%PESysDrv%\%WorkDir%\Common Files\Acronis\%ProgramDir%\media_rescuecd.config"
RegWrite,HKLM,0x1,"WB-software\Acronis\MediaBuilder\Products","TrueImageSafeMedia","%PESysDrv%\%WorkDir%\Common Files\Acronis\%ProgramDir%\media_safe.config"

#8 risolutore

risolutore

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 311 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 24 January 2008 - 04:21 PM

Thanks..I was that one who asked for it because I modified the old 9.1 lite plugin in order to get it working but with no luck. So someone used the image explorer function? does it work? Since it's very useful if you havo to restore only a few files and not the wholde drive or partition. I think that the only thinghs can be left out is the isocreationbuilder, and the media builder, since we are runningfrom a rescue media :-) But I remeber to all that Exho server family it's the enerprise version of TrueImage, and can be compared to TrueImage 11 home, since you can't backup with this to FTP serve or cipher with AES...and many other little change. great work please update the script with new small bugs and also upload do WB vistape server/beta if it is possible.

#9 thunn

thunn

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 531 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 25 January 2008 - 08:01 AM

seems to me the "Add UpperFilters at boot" option not working correctly

and what about to use Frodo's addremfilter.exe?
found here:
http://sourceforge.n...group_id=140774
as I can understand it can change the PEregistry entry 'upperfilters' at runtime
eg.
AddRemFilter.exe -{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318},UpperFilters,PartMgr
AddRemFilter.exe +{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F},UpperFilters,timounter

AddRemFilter.exe +{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318},UpperFilters,PartMgr
AddRemFilter.exe -{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F},UpperFilters,timounter

IMO, You do not need an entire 300 - 400 KB autoit program to switch two registry keys on and off. If you look in the script, there are debugging shortcuts for swapping upper filters, simply using regedit.
Or, use my upperfilters script to suite the build if it helps. You get it by pressing a button in the diskdirector script.

On another note, the enterprise paths were fixed, I don't have that version so I had to do some guesswork. :thumbsup:
No vista pe yet.
Please continue to test and post!

-here's a preview of the script interface.

Attached Thumbnails

• tielite.png

#10 carfan

carfan

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 196 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 25 January 2008 - 12:19 PM

A new script is now minutes from completion, it includes several fixes an some time spent on the interface. Once I build my personal pe image using the script, I'll upload a new project with the item pictured below. Hopefully this evening. I'm looking for testers with TrueImage Echo Enterprise or other very recent versions. UR users are now needed. Please PM me if you're interested. :thumbsup:

ready willing cant wait to test. did you see my pm about rpc error i receieved with script version? also, if you would include a breif description on how and what your preferences in your gui change in the build.

-c

#11 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 09:17 AM

Results from testing:
Tested Script using
"Acronis True Image Echo Workstation 9.5.8018 " on the NativePE Project.

I really like the fact that you add the button option to copy the required files from local install to the Scripts Directory folder named "tifiles" instead of using just "files" folder. Will the end result if you are using the other Acronis scripts and capturing the local files to the same "tifiles" folder effect the other scripts negatively. Would it not be better for each one to have its own folder.

Also liked the way it shows at the end of collecting local files the prompt where the script files collected can be found.

After looking at the files ive noticed that it has copied the BartPE Plugin that was included and I installed when doing a complete install of the True Image Program on my local Computer. Im thinking that plugin should not be copied[Removed it]. Its placed in the tfiles\TrueImageEchoWorkstation\BartPE.

I did not activate any other Acronis Scripts. Will they effect one another or can they be added.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tried building NativePE Project but when it gets to processing the
Acronis True Image Echo Omni 9.5
It stops at the Message " Adding True Image Echo Workstation files and Shortcuts"
So im guessing the script is not for this project.

I will tes it on the BartPE Core tomorrow. That is why I wanted to know on what project it should work on.

#12 dera

dera

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1335 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 27 January 2008 - 02:50 PM

seems to me the tiFiles.cmd does not collect this file:
\Common Files\Acronis\Agent\ag_restore_aw.dll
to the %ScriptDir%\tifiles folder

#13 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 11:13 PM

Seeing this mentioned. I manually copied it to the tifiles folder.

Tested trying to do an FBWF build but I kept getting errors. Browserui and stuff.
I seted up X on Project info, Temp to X, And FBWF. I will test this later with other Drivers and see how that goes.

Tested with Activating NTRamdrive, Project INfo = B Ramdrive
This build ok and the processing seemed fine.
I set the Ram usage in Vmware and VirtualBox to 512.
Netmeter ini failed to initialized or something of that matter on Vmware and VirtualBox. [Unable to write to x:\386] . I think it needs an option to use ini to Ramdrive whatver so that it can write to it. Since I dont have X as ramdrive, im guessing that is why I received the error.

Acronis Seems to show up the shortcut on Desktop and also seems to run when selecting it. The files are present on the build including the \Common Files\Acronis\Agent\ag_restore_aw.dll
after having put them on the tifiles folder.

I did not use boot from Ramdrive because i kep getting error about something. So that is why I was trying boot from CD only at the moment.
As suggested by someone else to use Create BCDWPE and disabling "DIsable PE from CD boot option" and enabling Disable Pe Ramdisk boot option to create a working ISO.

When I downloaded the BartPE core project. THere was no default Ramdrive script selected.

I need to create a virtual Install with a hardrive to test the Acronis echo some more.

When testing Echo on VirtualBox it poped an error that it could not find a hardrive so that is working. lol!
That is why need to setup a new VirtualPC.

Just of note: C:Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Agent\ag_restore_aw.dll

#14 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 02:20 AM

Tested Echo backing up a Windows98 install and reimaging it back. It worked as expected and was able to boot into Windows98 again. Tested it on WIn98 since its smaller when installed.

#15 thunn

thunn

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 531 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 January 2008 - 07:09 AM

Well I'm glad it worked for you..

This script is getting close to running as expected, please let me sort out the final details and try to understand..
:D

It currently works under bartpecore as you'd expect. NativeEX profiles have differences which require additional adjustments in the script. Right now it is possible you'll recieve an rpc client error. It will be fixed, will a little luck, very soon.
I would like this to work in ANY project, it has support for the common api as a shortcut mechanism added. I'm running my tests using Server and Workstation versions with UR. Thankfully I have a couple PCs running for this.
If interested, please continue to check the link from the 1st post, whatever the zip file name, it will contain an updated script. I'll hopefully be able to add it to project servers soon. Like I said, under bartpecore, no real issues, It likely works in vistape as well, shortcuts are not finalized for that project yet, if anyone makes that change, please post it. :thumbsup:

thanks, your right! it was depending on an 'if exist' statement.

this does not work.. :D
TxtAddLine,&#34;%ScriptDir%\tiFiles.cmd&#34;,&#34;if#$sexist#$s/e#$s#$q#$pCommonProgramFiles#$p\Acronis\Agent#$q#$sxcopy#$s/y#$s/e#$s#$q#$pCommonProgramFiles#$p\Acronis\Agent\*.*#$q#$s#$q%pTextBox1%\Common#$sFiles\Acronis\Agent\#$q&#34;,&#34;append&#34;
but I did correct this! :D
I'll try to add a file list attached to the script as a reference soon.

#16 risolutore

risolutore

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 311 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:18 AM

do you think it's better to add PeCompact functionality for those large file? I am not completely sure of it..But you can also integrate some preconfigured script in order to have default beckup operation..using cmd script

#17 dera

dera

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1335 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 28 January 2008 - 12:21 PM

in the script:
Version=902
I see this line:
RegWrite,HKLM,0x2,"WB-setup\ControlSet001\Services\AcrSch2Svc","ImagePath","%pesysdrv%\Programs\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedul2.exe"
to change Programs to %WorkDir% maybe solve Carfan's rpc error in LiveXP Project

#18 thunn

thunn

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 531 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 January 2008 - 05:15 PM

Thank you for the eagle eye, dera. This will be fixed right away, also added removal of bartpe dir. if it exists.

#19 thunn

thunn

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 531 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 January 2008 - 05:21 PM

script v9.0.3 is uploaded (1st post), it's likely going to resolve some issues in other projects. :thumbsup:

#20 risolutore

risolutore

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 311 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:47 PM

great...but there is also the Universal Restore for this TIES? I will look bettere since I thout that was included...BUT i was wrong it contain an utility to make and convert dynamic disk only.... So Pecompact is a good friend for this script.
Maybe it can be helpful if we add it to Tools dir...

#21 carfan

carfan

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 196 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 January 2008 - 12:07 AM

script v9.0.3 is uploaded (1st post), it's likely going to resolve some issues in other projects. :thumbsup:

latest script tested 01/28/08

build:
xpsp2 en
livexp
winbuilder 072a
use pecompact and remove nonessential checked
vmware 6.0 virtual test

result:
backup=passed
restore=passed
explore=passed

build:
xpsp2 en
bartpecore
winbuilder 072a
use pecompact and remove nonessential checked
vmware 6.0 virtual test

result:
backup=passed
restore=passed
explore=passed

good job thuun!!! :D

-c

#22 thunn

thunn

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 531 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 January 2008 - 07:06 AM

cannot really understand you risolutore.
But I get the basic idea.

All UR versions should be added, the ES UR lic. value is 'enterprise'. i.e, It should work.
The script was just updated and works with nativeex based projects now. :thumbsup:
Tomarrow it hits the servers ..TI Echo Omni for the masses.
Time for something else for a bit, enjoy!

#23 risolutore

risolutore

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 311 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 30 January 2008 - 04:47 PM

I was trying under VistaPe :thumbsup:

#24 dera

dera

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1335 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 30 January 2008 - 05:37 PM

testing the Acronis-TrueImageEcho95-Omni.Script
Version=102
I found the "BartPE" folder is not removed
tiFiles.cmd points to wrong location: %pTextBox1%\Acronis\TrueImageEcho%tiver%\BartPE
instead of
TxtAddLine,"%ScriptDir%\tiFiles.cmd","if#$sexist#$s#$q%pTextBox1%\TrueImageEcho%tiver%\BartPE#$q#$srd#$s/s#$s/q#$s#$q%pTextBox1%\TrueImageEcho%tiver%\BartPE#$q","append"

I know the MediaBuilder function is not so essential, but some of the corresponding registry entry are not correct in the [MediaFull] section
should be:
RegWrite,HKLM,0x1,"WB-software\Acronis\MediaBuilder\Products","TrueImageFullMedia","%PESysDrv%\%WorkDir%\Common#$sFiles\Acronis\%ProgramDir%%tiVer%\media_full.config"
RegWrite,HKLM,0x1,"WB-software\Acronis\MediaBuilder\Products","TrueImageRescueCDMedia","%PESysDrv%\%WorkDir%\Common#$sFiles\Acronis\%ProgramDir%%tiVer%\media_rescuecd.config"
RegWrite,HKLM,0x1,"WB-software\Acronis\MediaBuilder\Products","TrueImageSafeMedia","%PESysDrv%\%WorkDir%\Common#$sFiles\Acronis\%ProgramDir%%tiVer%\media_safe.config"

and these are totally missing:
RegWrite,HKLM,0x1,"WB-software\Acronis\MediaBuilder\Products","AgentLinuxRamdiskMediaWithOmni","%PESysDrv%\%WorkDir%\Common#$sFiles\Acronis\TrueImage\bootagent_omni.config"
RegWrite,HKLM,0x1,"WB-software\Acronis\MediaBuilder\Products","TrueImageFullMediaWithOmni","%PESysDrv%\%WorkDir%\Common#$sFiles\Acronis\%ProgramDir%%tiVer%\media_full_omni.config"
RegWrite,HKLM,0x1,"WB-software\Acronis\MediaBuilder\Products","TrueImageSafeMediaWithOmni","%PESysDrv%\%WorkDir%\Common#$sFiles\Acronis\%ProgramDir%%tiVer%\media_safe_omni.config"

#25 timaddamz

timaddamz

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 31 January 2008 - 08:35 AM

Hi Thunn,

I have tested your latest script in post 1 ver 102. I am building on vista ultimate. I have also installed ti echo server. I also have vista DVD mounted using daemon tools lite on J: drive.

I am getting the errors in the attached log.

Any Ideas :thumbsup: ?

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.zip   137.41KB   378 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users