WinBuilder 074

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 15 December 2007 - 12:56 PM

After 6 months of beta testing I thought it would be time to release a fresh stable to replace some things in version 072 that needed to be updated.

Beware that labeling a version as "stable" doesn't necessarily mean that all possible bugs were ironed out - it just means that this version is definitively better than the last stable in regard to overall improvements.

For bug fixing - a new beta testing version 075 should be released soon to ensure that we can continue with the debugging process.

Here is the complete log of changes for this version:

beta 1

- Modified UI to keep tabs well separated and enlarge the size of the work window.
- Web tab now defaults to http://boot-land.net/forums instead of http://boot-land.net/forums/wb.php to give direct access to the forums
- fixed bug on web tab which kept the progress whell rotating even after the page concluded loading
- Added right-click menu to add commands on the New Script tool
- Added right-click copy/paste/cut function to codebox and New Script Tool
- Fixed the CheckList component on the interface section
- Added standalone editor mode for editing script - use winbuilder /open="mydir\myWork.script"

beta 2

- Added NativeEx server on the download list
- Corrected error messages that ocurred when editing the script's description in standalone editor mode
- Added option on standalone editor to run buttons and checkboxes
- Running a single script in unattended is much simpler, new syntax: Winbuilder.exe /run="c:\test\apps\myApp.script"
This mode will automatically try to find it's respective project file and read all default values from there if none is specified on command line
- Unattended mode can run files with any .project filename (example: winbuilder.exe %basedir%\Projects\LiveXP\LiveXP.project)
- Added stop button when running in unattended mode
- Added confirmation box when deleting attached files.
- Added button to run script inside the source code editor
- Added auto-save option inside source code editor
- Server list is directly updated from the internet instead of using built-in server addresses.
- Added button on the download tab to refresh list of available servers on the web

[beta 3]

- Added support for reading the default webpage from each web server when selected
- Changed icon for download button inside the download center
- Reverted back to default internal project processing
- Web server list is now available as a tab to keep things tidy
- Added two new commands to the IF function - question and notquestion. Example syntax: if,question,"Continue?",echo,"Hello world!"

[beta 4]

- Removed - message that appeared after saving a script in the source editor - save button automatically detects when script is modified.
- Fixed - bug that erased the contents of the script whenever using a spinedit object on the interface
- Fixed - bug that prevented loading any .script file outside the projects folder
- Fixed - Bug which appeared when selecting an error on the log window after running a script "Cannot focus disabled window"
- Fixed - bug that prevented loading .script files in editor mode using command line parameters
- Added - IniDeleteSection - support for unicode files
- Added - IniAddTextLine - support for unicode files
- Added - button to edit listed web servers inside the web server list.
- Added - missing <If,Question,"My Question?",Command> option on the right click menu of the source code editor
- Added - option to launch external editor in source code editor
- Corrected - FileCopy command with progress bar - it was only outputing the name of the filename being copied after completing the copy
- Corrected - After clicking on button inside UI - big play button is disabled
- Corrected - System,RefreshInterface is not working after pressing button on script UI
- Corrected - edit with right-click button on explorer erased everything except interface
- Corrected - Text box won't remember changes made on UI editor
- Corrected - Play button inside source code editor was not saving latest changes
- Replaced - old inimerge code was replaced with newer version (please test)
- Replaced - logo icon for source code editor tab
- Replaced - navigation icons on main window

beta 5

- Disabled - SystemRefreshInterface is not executed when called from script UI buttons
- Corrected - FileCopy was not allowing to copy a file from one location to another using a different filename
- Corrected - Replaced all "wich" typo keywords by "which"
- Corrected - IniDeleteSection was not working with UNICODE files
- Solved - bug when encoding files using beta 4 - incompatibilities between unicode vs ansi
- Added - Main script treeview is locked when changing selected status to avoid flickers.
- Added - Switch to TxtAddLine - using "unicode" as last parameter on the append line operations will write with unicode support

[beta 6]

- Fixed - bug that appeared when running the script inside the source code editor window
- Modified - Single script upload button was moved to the "Options" tab inside the script editor
- Enabled - MD5 tool to calculate MD5 checksum was readded on the "Options" tab
- Fixed - bug that "forgot" adding last folder on the "Create New script" tab

The new version can be downloaded on the winbuilder site following this link --> http://winbuilder.ne...oad.php?view.25

Hope you enjoy this new version - please let me know if something still needs to corrected or bug fixed.

Have a good weekend! :cheers:

#2 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 15 December 2007 - 03:11 PM

My first test with standard nativeEx_barebone: Boots into qemu, no troubles visible :cheers:

But, Nuno, do not hurry up to be too proud :cheers: !
My current nativeEx_barebone contains a couple or walkarounds / workarounds, i coded to circumvent some known 'features'.

Let me try with the 'usual' coding

Peter

BTW: when trying to download 074, I came into the page:
stable.gif
Question: Are nativeEX_barebone and nativeEx_moa-lite not stable, or what's the reason to omitt them?

BTW2: How come into this page from the 'usual' bootland download tab?
I only came here using the EinBuilder074 link.

Peter

#3 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 15 December 2007 - 04:42 PM

I think I found a real bug, not only an issue, which has to be fixed soon.

Try following:
  • First with WinBuilder 072:
    • Create an empty dir with WB 072 inside
    • Click 'Download' tab and choose 'Recommended'
    • Unselect everything besides 'nativeEx_barebone'
    • Do the download
    • Define XP SP2 as source and run the project
    • When asked to restart, exit WinBuilder and restart.
    • Run the project again
    • When the project booted into qEmu, test that it is working: Try a URL in OB1
    • Exit qEmu
    • Click the 'Log' tab: You see something
  • Now try exactly the same with WinBuilder 074
    • Create an empty dir with WB 074 inside
    • Click the 'Log' tab: WinBuilder hangs
Peter

#4 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 15 December 2007 - 05:58 PM

Hi Peter!

Thanks for testing - I did mentioned debugging is a continual process but it is very important to release an update so that other good features can be used instead of waiting too long and still having a very outdated "stable" version available.

Was this behavior you refer mentioned on the last 073 beta versions? :cheers:

I'm only worried about FileCopy and some of the text handling commands (IniDeleteSection and TxtAddLine) - but these were modified on beta 3 and I've been using the latest betas to build liveXP without any issues.

Version 074 has only a few minor changes since beta 5 and none "critical" to script processing.

- Fixed - bug that appeared when running the script inside the source code editor window
- Modified - Single script upload button was moved to the "Options" tab inside the script editor
- Enabled - MD5 tool to calculate MD5 checksum was readded on the "Options" tab
- Fixed - bug that "forgot" adding last folder on the "Create New script" tab

-------------------

Question: Are nativeEX_barebone and nativeEx_moa-lite not stable, or what's the reason to omitt them?

Please make available nativeEx as a single download package and it will be included on the project section.

It is possible to place a direct link to a file on your web space and this way you'd be able to update this single package file whenever needed.

I also noticed that the VistaPE project wasn't mentioned either - these are things that should be corrected soon - sorry for this annoyance.

BTW2: How come into this page from the 'usual' bootland download tab?
I only came here using the WinBuilder074 link.

You hadn't yet visited the new winbuilder site? :cheers:

#5 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 15 December 2007 - 06:23 PM

Was this behavior you refer mentioned on the last 073 beta versions? :cheers:

On beta 1 I did not find it (but maybe there have been different conditions)
Sorry, I did not test later betas.
I've had some troubles with beta 1(I hope I posted) and because of beeing rather busy with other tasks, I did not test later betas.

I'm only worried about FileCopy and some of the text handling commands (IniDeleteSection and TxtAddLine) - but these were modified on beta 3 and I've been using the latest betas to build liveXP without any issues.

Maybe these are responsible for the behaviour?

Please make available nativeEx as a single download package and it will be included on the project section.
It is possible to place a direct link to a file on your web space and this way you'd be able to update this single package file whenever needed.

Please give a sample what to do.

You hadn't yet visited the new winbuilder site? smile.gif

Imagine, I'm a newbie and Google leads me to 'www.boot-land.net'
How coming to www.winbuilder.net?

Peter

#6 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 08:46 PM

We should have a visible link from the forum to
http://winbuilder.net

"Psc" if you have youre old Stable project for Winbuilder 52. It would good to release is as a package with Winbuilder52.

And the latest stable release for Winbuilder72a and so on. That way we can always have an older ones just to bring it up in the future and see all the changes.

I was looking at the changes from where we started from Batcher and man. What a difference. We forget all the stuff that has been put into these projects.

Things are looking more polished from my perspective.

As for Vista Project.
This is a good base.
http://www.vistape.n...ape010-base.rar

The full project might want to be created of the one from the server before it is changed to v11 soon.

#7 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 15 December 2007 - 09:07 PM

Maybe you could compare version 073 beta 3 to confirm if this is the case - hopefully just a quick update should solve this specific matter.

At the time UNICODE was mentioned here: http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=3573

FileCopy was recoded - all other commands remain mostly intact.

-----------

Please give a sample what to do.

- Create a fresh folder with winbuilder.exe and all your project files including common files like tools and such
- Clean any personal informations like %sourcedir% paths for example and delete any temporary files
- Make a single zip file with all the contents of this folder

----

If a user comes into boot land it shouldn't be too hard to find enough information to know where to get the latest versions - the fixed topic for winbuilder is also pointing to the new site --> http://www.boot-land...Builder-t5.html

---

TheHive - you're right, I've also been visiting "older" versions and have things moved on a fast pace or what? :cheers:

Unfortunately most of my archives weren't kept as I often overwrite older versions with more recent ones - if you (or anyone else) have any good packages to include on the site then it would be good to have them as reference and finally start creating some sort of library where everyone can download these resources as necessary.

Will add the VistaPE 10 rar file in the meanwhile.

btw: WinBuilder 052 package can already be found here --> http://winbuilder.ne...load.php?view.2

:cheers:

#8 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 16 December 2007 - 09:26 AM

Maybe you could compare version 073 beta 3 to confirm if this is the case - hopefully just a quick update should solve this specific matter.

At the time UNICODE was mentioned here: http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=3573

FileCopy was recoded - all other commands remain mostly intact.

Test with 073 beta 3:
Hangs, too.

Peter

#9 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 16 December 2007 - 11:07 AM

Testing with 074

- Placed 074 on a clean folder
- After initial project download and restart everything looks ok.
- Running initial script downloads several tools required by the project
- WBverify script outputs the following message

Generated by psc program 'WBVerify' version 2.0.0
Date: 2007-Dez-16 09:43:32

[Counts]
Missing=0
Obsolete=5
Errors=0
Warnings=0

Obsolete: \Tools\ReOpen.Link (Renamed and moved)
Obsolete: \RestoreBase\RestoreBase.Link (Renamed and moved)
Obsolete: \Basic\Tweaks\pscNamePC.Link (Renamed and moved)
Obsolete: \Basic\Tweaks\autoLocalization.Link (Renamed and moved)
Obsolete: \Basic\Tweaks\autoKeyboard.Link (Renamed and moved)

After this it took a while to load on qemu but no errors were reported on the log.

Look here --> Attached File  log.7z   89.56KB   550 downloads

--------------

I was thinking that there was any sort of error going on the script engine but now I understand that this is not the case.

The log window needs to be optimized for speed - somehow it became sluggier (on my 1Gb dual core it takes a minute to update all entries on a full xp build)

It has nothing to do with Unicode or the FileCopy - this is a relief.

-------

I'll try to debug and see why it became so slow on extensive log lists.

#10 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 16 December 2007 - 11:33 AM

The log window needs to be optimized for speed - somehow it became sluggier (on my 1Gb dual core it takes a minute to update all entries on a full xp build)

I can confirm that.
Really no hang, only a long time for the log to come up.

I have been too impatient.

Peter

#11 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 16 December 2007 - 02:41 PM

This is something that can hopefully be improved quickly, in the meanwhile I've also added nativeEx and VistaPE on the project section.

#12 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 16 December 2007 - 08:37 PM

The log has been seriously optimized.

I've replaced the older binary with this new one - please redownload.. :cheers:

#13 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 16 December 2007 - 11:53 PM

Don't know where to place this suggestion since 074 stable has just been released and so there is currently no new beta discussions etc.

Anyway, I'd like to suggest the addition of the script version to the script gui, something like this:

version_suggestion.png

That way, it is easy to see differences between script versions in different projects -- helpful for seeing a script which requires updating from a different project.

Regards,
Galapo.

#14 frodo

frodo

• Advanced user
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 01:12 AM

Theres nothing quite like going to a netcafe, downloading the new WB, running it, selecting the complete option and watching it download the full 400+Mb package :cheers:
Of course other users on the netcafe network tend to frown upon this, but i think you know by now that im not really saying this as if i really care:)

What can i say, im a bandwidth whore

Oops, just a quick note the Nightman's Linux - initrd.gz isnt downloading

And looking at my profile summary on the left, thats clearly not the only error......im listed as a newbie :cheers:

#15 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 03:48 AM

Hi, frodo

About time you decided to join us. Welcome to the board.

Ive reported, "Linux - initrd.gz", not downloading before. The only way Ive found to download it, is to manually download with a download manager.

#16 frodo

frodo

• Advanced user
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 04:07 AM

Hi, frodo

About time you decided to join us. Welcome to the board.

Ive reported, "Linux - initrd.gz", not downloading before. The only way Ive found to download it, is to manually download with a download manager.

Ive been here before :cheers:

Lol, when i logged in today it said: Last visit April.....

But then ive been out of PE totally since then, not just here.

I didnt bother doing it manually yet, i wanted the complete package automagically, now i just feel cheated :cheers:

I put it down to dodgy coding by the writer, Nuno is slipping, i mean, you wouldnt find bugs in any of my stuff... :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Okay, bugs (using complete download option) these files fail to download:

* VistaPE Multiboot/VistaPE/OtherOS/Nightman's Linux/initrd.gz - not downloadable via the WB gui, manually downloaded from: http://vistape.net/p...Linux/initrd.gz, but going to http://vistape.net/project/VistaPE/OtherOS...'s Linux/ and right clicking the .gz. Doesnt download via direct link, even in firefox.

* LiveXP/Tools - 7z.exe - Appears to download, but doesnt appear in folder, solved by copying the one in main tools folder, but no, every time you do an update check, theyre flagged for download again?

* NativeEx_barebone/!WBManager/BootSDI/* - files appear to download, and actually do appear in folder, but every time you do an update check, theyre flagged for download again?

Just thought id point those little quirks for anyone else a bit perplexed. The problems can be solved manually, but for newbies i guess they'll go round in circles and start doing unacceptable thinsg like post in the forum for answers. And we cant have that!

#17 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 20 December 2007 - 12:25 PM

* NativeEx_barebone/!WBManager/BootSDI/* - files appear to download, and actually do appear in folder, but every time you do an update check, theyre flagged for download again?

Thanks for the hint, frodo!

There was a small typo in updates.ini.

I fixed that.

Peter

#18 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 20 December 2007 - 12:40 PM

I put it down to dodgy coding by the writer, Nuno is slipping, i mean, you wouldnt find bugs in any of my stuff... :cheers: :cheers:

It is well known:

A working person usually makes some mistakes.
And as more you work, as higher the propability of making mistakes.
And only a person avoiding work never makes mistakes.

Unfortunatelly a person never making mistakes, seems to be the best ... :cheers:

:cheers: Peter

#19 frodo

frodo

• Advanced user
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 12:50 PM

Thanks for the hint, frodo!

There was a small typo in updates.ini.

I fixed that.

Peter

No worries.

Sorry that i have to plead ignorance at how the downloading/updates work as i havent really done much in WB (only built about 2 builds back in march), and therefore couldnt offer a fix:)

#20 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 20 December 2007 - 12:55 PM

No worries.

Sorry that i have to plead ignorance at how the downloading/updates work as i havent really done much in WB (only built about 2 builds back in march), and therefore couldnt offer a fix:)

Don't worry, too.

I'm glad if I get a good description about a bug which makes me able to find the bug just by thinking, not by searching in the code. :cheers:

Peter

#21 frodo

frodo

• Advanced user
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 01:19 PM

It is well known:

A working person usually makes some mistakes.
And as more you work, as higher the propability of making mistakes.
And only a person avoiding work never makes mistakes.

Unfortunatelly a person never making mistakes, seem to be the best ... :cheers:

:cheers: Peter

Hehe true

I was just stirring Nuno :cheers: In good humour of course.
Its like a pattern thing with me....i tend to think, for reasons best left unprobed, that if i am away for a while, i need to catch up on the stirring...
It seems like a reasonable thing to do, at least to me :cheers: :cheers:

Don't worry, too.

I'm glad if I get a good description about a bug which makes me able to find the bug just by thinking, not by searching in the code. :cheers:

Peter

Ahh i just found the updates.ini file and now understand...better, theres a lot going on in there :cheers:

Night, im off to bed

#22 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 02:53 PM

Oops, just a quick note the Nightman's Linux - initrd.gz isnt downloading

Already PMed Nightman about this last week, he said that he wont fix it anymore since VistaPE11 is around the corner and taking up all his time.

btw. Manually downloading does also only work sometimes. So keep trying! :cheers:

#23 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 20 December 2007 - 08:18 PM

* LiveXP/Tools - 7z.exe - Appears to download, but doesnt appear in folder, solved by copying the one in main tools folder, but no, every time you do an update check, theyre flagged for download again?

I've reuploaded, so that should fix the issue. If not, the issue could be that you have multiple projects in the one directory and one or more have differing versions of 7z.exe. nativeEx and LiveXP should be standardised.

Regards,
Galapo.

#24 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 20 December 2007 - 08:27 PM

I was just stirring Nuno :cheers: In good humour of course.

That was the reason that I responded. :cheers:
Anywhere in the board's rules there is something about 'fun'.

If I would really think that you want to make troubles here, I wouldn't react with an answer, and would not have any doubts to ask jaclaz to delete your post or in the extreme case to bann you.

BTW: It is difficult tu judge your intention!
At least for me, a Non-English person, a lot of your posts is difficultv to understand. Even WorlLingo translates some of your 'English' words one-to-one with the same word.

Peter

#25 frodo

frodo

• Advanced user
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 08:56 PM

Already PMed Nightman about this last week, he said that he wont fix it anymore since VistaPE11 is around the corner and taking up all his time.

btw. Manually downloading does also only work sometimes. So keep trying! :cheers:

Thats understandable. I managed to do the manual download, so for me at least its not an issue anymore. Thanks.

I've reuploaded, so that should fix the issue. If not, the issue could be that you have multiple projects in the one directory and one or more have differing versions of 7z.exe. nativeEx and LiveXP should be standardised.

Regards,
Galapo.

Yes its actually VistaPE Multiboot that is actually causing the issue, copying the @180Kb 7z.exe from the main Tools folder to try and overcome this does some odd stuff....for one it doesnt change the flag when you do another update check, its still there and its looking for a @140Kb 7z.exe, and when you actually do the download, for god knows what reason the @140Kb 7z.exe that is supposed to go into the VistaPE Multiboot project ends up overwriting the @180Kb one in the main Tools folder. From there its just circular....

That was the reason that I responded. :cheers:
Anywhere in the board's rules there is something about 'fun'.

If I would really think that you want to make troubles here, I wouldn't react with an answer, but ask jaclaz to delete your post or in the extreme case to bann you.

BTW: It is difficult tu judge your intention!
At least for me, a Non-English person, a lot of your posts is difficultv to understand. Even WorlLingo translates some of your 'English' words one-to-one with the same word.

Peter

Hehe jaclaz is used to me. Having said that, even im surprised at times that ive survived so long at 911cd.net forums without being banned :cheers: :cheers:

Sorry for the english :cheers:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users