#76 Chefkeks

Chefkeks

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:53 PM

Hi homes32,

would it be possible to add a interface option in winbuilder to enable or disable "Eject CD/DVD" per default?
If yes it would be great :cheers:

Thanks in advance
Chefkeks

#77 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:52 PM

Hi homes32,

would it be possible to add a interface option in winbuilder to enable or disable "Eject CD/DVD" per default?
If yes it would be great :cheers:

Thanks in advance
Chefkeks

I'll probably do that with the next script update, was waiting to see what the general consensus was on this, as almost all live cds have eject by default (without even a choice) and if nobody had a problem with it its kinda pointless to clutter up a script with options nobody will use.

I assume you found the .ini option to toggle this?

what does everybody else think? would you like the script interface to have a checkbox for enable/disable eject selected by default?

-Homes32

#78 Chefkeks

Chefkeks

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:24 PM

Yes I found the .ini option but let me explain why I like to have a option in winbuilder interface.

If a new version of Win7PE_SE or of an application script is released I need to restore/rebuild my preferred configuration. This is much easier when I only need to check or uncheck a button in winbuilder. I even made me a script that (right before the iso is created) applies/tweaks all settings in that way like I want them to be on my PE. But because of the fact that not all settings/options can be done this way I always prefer it to have an option in winbuilder to set or unset a default value.

Offtopic question:
I'm about 1 month now into winbuilder and not so experienced as others and so sorry if this may is kinda noob question, but is there a script or a possibility to backup the default values I set (in winbuilder interface) of all the scripts (or specific scripts) and restore them after an update to a new version of Win7PE_SE or an application script?

Thanks for your scripts and help :cheers:

#79 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:37 PM

Yes I found the .ini option but let me explain why I like to have a option in winbuilder interface.

If a new version of Win7PE_SE or of an application script is released I need to restore/rebuild my preferred configuration. This is much easier when I only need to check or uncheck a button in winbuilder. I even made me a script that (right before the iso is created) applies/tweaks all settings in that way like I want them to be on my PE. But because of the fact that not all settings/options can be done this way I always prefer it to have an option in winbuilder to set or unset a default value.

Offtopic question:
I'm about 1 month now into winbuilder and not so experienced as others and so sorry if this may is kinda noob question, but is there a script or a possibility to backup the default values I set (in winbuilder interface) of all the scripts (or specific scripts) and restore them after an update to a new version of Win7PE_SE or an application script?

Thanks for your scripts and help :cheers:

LiveXP has the myOptions script that tries to do this. only issues are that if the script changes significantly (ie. variable names, interface components change, etc.) it doesn't work.
so it is possible but not feasible, as any significant changes would have to be reviewed anyway.

btw, I noticed the German flag by your username, are you interested in doing a German translation for ShutdownPE?

#80 Chefkeks

Chefkeks

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:22 PM

Thanks, I will have a look for the myOptions script.

I need to disappoint you. I have too many other interests and projects that I do in my spare time (and even here at work :cheers: ). I started translations for other projects and sadly needed to quit them, because with every interest the time for each of my interests is getting less and less. Btw: The scripts, windows, linux etc. I only use in English and so I am always a bit confused :cheers: when I see a operating system etc. in german, even though it is my native language :hyper: .

#81 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:56 PM

Script only updated for ShutdownPE

v11
-----------
added Spanish translation - thanks carloscape
added checkbox to deselect Eject CD/DVD by default

#82 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:16 AM

Update!!!

v12
-----------
added options for integrating ShutdownPE and ClearLock with Windows Explorer Start Menu (x86 only)
ShutdownPE.exe updated for better compatibility with new integration features

have fun!

-Homes32

#83 ChrisR

ChrisR

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 784 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 02 December 2010 - 02:27 PM

Update!!!

v12
-----------
added options for integrating ShutdownPE and ClearLock with Windows Explorer Start Menu (x86 only)
ShutdownPE.exe updated for better compatibility with new integration features

have fun!

-Homes32

I have a little bug on the reboot function, it stops well, but it doesn't restart properly (operating system not found). I tried with the older version with the same error.

Thank you for the beautiful integrating ShutdownPE and ClearLock with Windows Explorer Start Menu on x86 :cheers: .

#84 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:02 PM

I have a little bug on the reboot function, it stops well, but it doesn't restart properly (operating system not found). I tried with the older version with the same error.

Thank you for the beautiful integrating ShutdownPE and ClearLock with Windows Explorer Start Menu on x86 :cheers: .

I noticed that that happens on vmware but don't ever remember it happening on a physical machine. when used on PE2/3 based projects ShutdownPE will call wpeutil.exe for shutdown/reboot if it is available so if it doesn't work with ShutdownPE it should also not work with reboottrace, etc. will have a look.

there is a small bug in the explorer integration for the Open ShutdownPE GUI option.

the last lines of GenerateConfigFile should read
// Hook Settings

If,%RG_Integration%,Equal,1,IniWrite,%target_sys%\ShutdownPE.ini,SPEHook,ShowGUI,1

// copy files

If,%CB_CopyFiles%,Equal,True,Filecopy,%CopyTheseFiles%\*.*,%target_sys%

instead of

// copy files

If,%CB_CopyFiles%,Equal,True,Filecopy,%CopyTheseFiles%\*.*,%target_sys%

// Hook Settings

If,%RG_Integration%,Equal,1,IniWrite,%target_sys%\ShutdownPE.ini,SPEHook,ShowGUI,1

I'll update the script to fix in the next couple of days, as there are some other things I am looking at at the moment.

#85 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:32 PM

figured it out. this happens on vmware with eject cd option because the "virtual CD" is ejected from vmware.

#86 ChrisR

ChrisR

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 784 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:07 PM

I noticed that that happens on vmware but don't ever remember it happening on a physical machine. when used on PE2/3 based projects ShutdownPE will call wpeutil.exe for shutdown/reboot if it is available so if it doesn't work with ShutdownPE it should also not work with reboottrace, etc. will have a look.

I have also this error with VitualBox, I have not tried it in a physical machine. reboot.dll works well with in VmWmare and VirtualBox.
Otherwise it's a beautiful integration :cheers: .

there is a small bug in the explorer integration for the Open ShutdownPE GUI option.

I'll update the script to fix in the next couple of days, as there are some other things I am looking at at the moment.

I have not tried the Open ShutdownPE GUI option yet.

:cheers:

#87 ChrisR

ChrisR

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 784 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:38 PM

I just test the integrated reboot function (with ejectCD), on a physical machine, it works well :cheers:

Yes, Indeed, this is caused by the eject option unmounting the CD image from VmWare or VirtualBox, preventing it to restart correctly.

I normally do not restart often during virtual test, but here, I wanted to test this beautiful feature.

Thank you.

#88 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:31 PM

Updated for ShutdownPE

v13
-----------
Update ShutdownPE.exe to 1.4.2 fixes crash when no CDROM drives are found.
Added German translation - thanks to MaineCoon
Added warning message to script interface regarding RebootTrace incompatibly.
Fixed bug in script for Start Menu integration.

#89 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 18 December 2010 - 09:17 PM

Script Only update to v.13a

Adds Turkish language translation thanks to siranusta :happy_dance:

#90 siranusta

siranusta
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 19 December 2010 - 12:44 AM

(Lancelot), I said that I did the actual translation of the need to thank him

Thank You homes32 :cheers: :happy_dance: :w00t:

#91 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:25 AM

Script Only update to v.13b
Small fix to keep new win7pe_se from preventing Lock option from showing up in the shutdown menu when using Explorer Start Menu Integration.

#92 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:17 PM

Script Only update to v.13c
Added Danish translation - thanks to manfredletz

#93 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 09 April 2011 - 01:01 AM

Script Only update to v.13d
Added Italian translation by acus

Thank you! :cheers:

#94 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:38 PM

Have a little problem with ShutdownPE.
When i run Win7PE_SE straight of a CD, without ramloading, shutdownPE will only work, as long as i don't select 'Eject CD'.
If i do select it, the progessbar keeps moving along for a while, but eventually just feezes and nothing happens.

I tryed reboot and shutdown, both lead nowhere.

#95 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:30 PM

because the drive that ShutdownPE is on has been ejected and it can no longer find itself! :)

the next generation of ShutdownPE (being rewritten in C++) shouldn't have this issue as it will know which drive is the host and not eject until last. I may find the time to sneek that into the current generation. we shall see...

regards,
Homes32

#96 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:40 PM

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users