Photo
- - - - -

What does your Windows Desktop look like?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 AceInfinity

AceInfinity

Frequent Member

• Team Reboot
  • 228 posts
  • Interests:Windows Security, Programming, Customizing & Crash Dump Analysis.
  •  
    Canada

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:27 PM

Here's my Windows 7 desktop screenshot from today

October 3 2011.png

#2 enciktangankidal

enciktangankidal

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Love to learn about developing software. Hope someday can be developer. ^^,
  •  
    Malaysia

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:03 AM

Posted Image

#3 Kant Oning

Kant Oning
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:04 PM

http://image.ohozaa..../b44/0U19CX.png

#4 Sakimichi

Sakimichi
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    Philippines

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:37 PM

Screenshot:
IpEpVn2s.jpg

. Rainmeter
. Onionskin Windows 7 Theme

Edited by Sakimichi, 16 June 2014 - 03:38 PM.

#5 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:24 AM

Mine is quite boring:

IIFckBA.png

What is good is the hardware. This is an i7 laptop with 8Gb RAM along with a dual hard-drive. I'm running Linux Mint on the internal SSD drive. Fast as heck, running XFCE as desktop environment and happy to finally found a way of emulating the Windows explorer bar. My favorite work method is to place all tasks on a bar at the right-side.

Had Windows 8 on the machine but I don't trust it much nowadays.

:cheers:

#6 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:04 PM

Had Windows 8 on the machine but I don't trust it much nowadays.

Are you implying that you EVER trusted it much (even if for a fraction of a second in the past? :w00t:

:rofl:

:duff:
Wonko

#7 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:26 PM

I'm an optimist my friend. :)

For me what really broke that optimism was the merging of accounts for skype with the system accounts and the fact you're uploading so much more of your private data into "the cloud". I'm still running Windows 7 but only on the older laptop or through a virtual machine.

#8 florin91

florin91

Frequent Member

• Team Reboot
  • 197 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:27 PM

Nuno Brito, on 17 Jun 2014 - 11:26 PM, said:
For me what really broke that optimism was the merging of accounts for skype with the system accounts and the fact you're uploading so much more of your private data into "the cloud". I'm still running Windows 7 but only on the older laptop or through a virtual machine.

I bet you didn't had a Windows Phone 8 Mobile phone. And your mobile phone doesn't do the same thing? Or you have Linux Mint ...

#9 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:09 PM

I bet you didn't had a Windows Phone 8 Mobile phone. And your mobile phone doesn't do the same thing? Or you have Linux Mint ...

I understand what you mean, and agree. Even Ubuntu shares close ties with the British "proactive security" service nowadays. Which sucks because I really enjoyed the Ubuntu phone but can't stand to see my logins "logged" and shipped to either Amazon or someone else willing to pay for such information.

#10 geraldwkoonce

geraldwkoonce
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 08 May 2022 - 06:45 AM

I understand what you mean, and agree. Even Ubuntu shares close ties with the British "proactive security" service nowadays. Which sucks because I really enjoyed the Ubuntu phone but can't stand to see my logins "logged" and shipped to either Amazon or someone else willing to pay for such information.

I absolutely agree with you, especially since the recent discovery of a flaw in the Amazon cloud that allowed usernames and passwords to be logged has made the Internet community question where their privacy lies. Many people do not want to put up with this problem because it means that there is a possibility that information stored in the cloud could be accessed by someone else.

#11 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 08 May 2022 - 03:20 PM

here's mine

Attached Thumbnails

• Image 1.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic