#1 llewis

llewis

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff.
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:14 PM

Hello! I'm super new to this building WinPE environments. I am currently trying to figure out how to build a WinFE kit for my job. I figured out the wp.script and I can get it to boot to an environment. So I'm pretty stoked that I figured that much out.
However, I cannot for the life of me figure out adding applications. I have tried YouTube video tutorials, internet tutorials I have even been ghosting this site for awhile before signing up today.

I have tried to create a script which was a disaster since I'm sort of guesstimating on what I am supposed to do and when I tried to do the P-Start apps when I booted the program nothing worked that was in there. For instance, I downloaded FTK Imager Lite 3.1.1 which in theory should run without installation. So I placed the folder in the PStart folder (C:\WinBuilder\Projects\Win7PESE\Apps\Portable\Pstart) and also followed a YouTube video (outube.com/watch?v=Dy27R34MDkE ) step by step but I still cannot get it to work. It pops up saying it can't run, sometimes it says it can't find some .dll file even though those files are in the folder I put in originally. (Does that make sense?) :(

So, with everyone saying that it super quick and easy to make a WinFE kit, I feel like I am making it harder than it needs to be. Is there a tutorial that I am missing that will help explain how to make scripts that is updated? (There was a script video on YouTube but that didn't work for me either.) :fool:

If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. Even though I will probably pop back on here and ask a million more questions until I can get this down!

Thank you for your time!

Edited by llewis, 12 September 2013 - 07:15 PM.

#2 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:36 PM

WinFE or WinPE?

If using Winbuilder to use a WinFE, there is a section here (for WinFE ONLY):

http://reboot.pro/forum/109-winfe/

More "general" WinPE questions (if related to the "base" Win7PE or Win7PESE project) are better suited here:

http://reboot.pro/forum/91-win7pe/

(this is the "hello world" section, where you are supposed to post just "hello world" ;))

:cheers:

Wonko

#3 llewis

llewis

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff.
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:41 PM

Thank you!!!!!!! See? I didn't even know where to post on here! :doh7: So HELLO WORLD! I'll jump over there. Thank you again.

#4 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:18 PM

Hello! Welcome aboard! :)

I guess Wonko already pointed you on the right direction.

Don't worry, getting started is not so easy and the learning curve right now is steep but doable. There is a lot of work going on to improve the building process, just keep asking questions whenever you feel stuck.

:cheers:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: script, portable, build, winfe, winpe, applications

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users