• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  • Interests:Boot and Install from USB
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 04 January 2022 - 07:55 AM

Update Download:  from wimb GitHub  -  Win_Debloat-34

Download File E = Encrypted PassWord = bootwimb

Update Manual:   VHD_WIMBOOT.pdf   - Download: Win10_2004_English_x64.iso for smaller size

- Changed - remove-default-apps.ps1 script - Unpin Tiles in Start Menu to Remove Tiles of All Removed Microsoft Apps

keep Screensketch App - Otherwise Microsoft.UI.Xaml.2.0 is removed which is needed for Taskbar Network User Interface

- Changed - disable-windows-defender.ps1 script - Disable Windows Defender Cloud - Spynet - Upload Sample to Microsoft

- Make List of Installed Packages before and after Removal of Features and Capabilities - See Begin_List_Features.txt and End_List_Features.txt

- Added LoadedDllsView displays the list of all DLL files loaded by the running processes

Update Download:  from wimb GitHub  -  Win_Reduce-53

- Added LoadedDllsView displays the list of all DLL files loaded by the running processes

useful to determine what DLL files can be removed from System32 folder

- Changed - Custom_remove_folders.txt - Remove Accessability from Start Menu

- Changed - Custom_remove_files.txt - Remove unused Links from Start Menu

- keep Screensketch App - Otherwise Microsoft.UI.Xaml.2.0 is removed which is needed for Taskbar Network User Interface

- Changed - remove_files_System32.txt - remove extra 34 larger files from System32

Mini_2004_US.vhd - UsedSize = 1.58 GB  with 18.054 files and 1.45 GB Size on disk

Including Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319 for support of PowerShell

Mini_2004_US_2022-01-03_161132.jpg

• antonino61 likes this

#802 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 04 January 2022 - 02:20 PM

it seems to work fine. the space gain is in the order of 150megs

• wimb likes this

#803 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 04 January 2022 - 02:33 PM

it seems to work fine. the space gain is in the order of 150megs

Thanks for testing  :)

I try now to remove only from System32 folder a list of DLL files

I know what is the list of Loaded DLL files that I need certainly to keep.

But, I need to keep more DLL files, but don't know which files.

Until now I have removed too much and get Boot Failure.

Do you have a list of DLL files that are certainly needed to make the Mini VHD Bootable ?

So the idea now is to focus on DLL files and and try to make list of System32 DLL files that can be removed.

Initially there are about 4000 files in the root of System32 from which about 3000 are DLL files.

According to LoadedDllsView.exe there are about 700 System32 DLL files Loaded when a lot of programs are running.

• antonino61 likes this

#804 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 04 January 2022 - 03:11 PM

yes I do have a few lists concerning my "vital" software; I can make them all into one. so ... in a bit.

#805 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 04 January 2022 - 03:36 PM

well, now I have a directory of all dlls I have reintegrated into system32 in the past few months. now, would u pls tell me how to turn it into a list, 'cause I have forgotten how it's done. I have 7zipped the folder but it won't go thru, as it is over 2.44mb.

ps.: I have made it, here is the list

Attached Files

#806 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 04 January 2022 - 03:49 PM

well, now I have a directory of all dlls I have reintegrated into system32 in the past few months. now, would u pls tell me how to turn it into a list, 'cause I have forgotten how it's done. I have 7zipped the folder but it won't go thru, as it is over 2.44mb.

In Win_Reduce_Trusted-53 there is folder Dir_List-24

Run Dir_List_x64.exe and Select the folder with your DLL files

Then in folder sys_info the File_List_drv_folder.txt is made that you can share on this forum

• antonino61 likes this

#807 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 04 January 2022 - 03:50 PM

beware, they do not necessarily belong to the same build and some of them might already be among the initial ones, I haven't checked it out.

thanx 4 ur answer, wimb, in the meantime I have already done it with swiftsearch

#808 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 04 January 2022 - 04:21 PM

ps.: I have made it, here is the list

Thank you for sharing your list of essential System32 DLL files.

I will add it to my keep_DLL_System32.txt list that is used to filter the DLL of System32 that can be removed by Win_Reduce program.

• antonino61 likes this

#809 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 04 January 2022 - 04:28 PM

i am not sure this is the ultimate list. i guess it'll want successive adding and pruning, but of course, we gotta start somewhere.

#810 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 04 January 2022 - 06:11 PM

last minute additions:

elscore.dll

mstask.dll

oledlg.dll

pcacli.dll

don't kill me for the delay

#811 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 04 January 2022 - 06:49 PM

I have combined your DLL list with my Loaded DLL List + DLL List of 10XPE as keep_DLL_System32.txt file to FILTER removal of System32 DLL files.

Now at least I can reach Desktop, but functionality of Taskbar Menu fails ... However also I have working Items like Device Manager ....

Anyway I think that moving with DLL files and using Process Explorer can help me further to find the important missing DLL files ....

It is misty but gradually there will be light I hope ....

• antonino61 likes this

#812 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 04 January 2022 - 07:09 PM

taskbar failure did happen to me a couple of times too. Let me recollect what restoration solved it. it musta been some windows.something.somethingelse.dll but I do not remember which. I do remember ur mentioning something of the kind when it came to windowsapps. I now remember mentioning my taskbar dancing a couple of days ago. let me backtrack here and get-alladafluff-out and I will give u that clue.

ps: sorry, no further details on that taskbar dancing comment of mine. I can tell u, though, that during my latest custom remove folder editions and pruning sessions, the Apprepository subfolder gave me most of the hell with the taskbar, followed by windowsapps and systemapps. 

r u proceeding by combining "remove system32 rootfiles" and the list of keep system32 files. I suggest u place 30 by 30, or 100 by 100 dlls in the remove system32 files text and leave the keep files alone, if u do not succeed with process explorer, I know for sure that it will be one file needed to enable taskbar functionality.

is there anything I can do to help u in the meantime? i don't know, probably juggling on what not to delete from among the 4000 files, 2000 each? or do u have some other idea?

#813 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 05 January 2022 - 10:07 AM

making some progress .... Taskbar and Start Menu are working now (must have been missing System32 DLL file in region F-M)

Now problem with Settings > Apps Menu as given in Picture

Have Added already all Windows.*.dll files but that did not solve the problem.

Any idea ?

Mini_UI_X_2022-01-05_110049.jpg

• antonino61 likes this

#814 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 05 January 2022 - 10:20 AM

do u have tweaking.com windows repair? I think the dll's want re-registering. sometimes I solved it that way.

dllcare is another program that will definitely solve all problems, but does so by filling ur system with all possible dll's, which is what we ultimately do not want.

• wimb likes this

#815 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 05 January 2022 - 10:24 AM

do u have tweaking.com windows repair? I think the dll's want re-registering. sometimes I solved it that way.

I don't have that yet, but will try to use it.

May be problem is related to moving DLL Files Outside to folder \Windows\Sys32_DLL and again Inside System32 in trying to repair as I did ?

• antonino61 likes this

#816 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 05 January 2022 - 10:53 AM

the system does not know of their proper logical existence, even though they are physically present. u might have changed their permission scenario while moving them about, but ... who else would not have done it? we're talking 4000 files, which takes some doing!!!

• wimb likes this

#817 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 05 January 2022 - 11:54 AM

Now problem with Settings > Apps Menu as given in Picture

Have Added already all Windows.*.dll files but that did not solve the problem.

Issue solved by Adding DLL Files beginletter S ....... probably SystemSettings.*dll Files are needed  :unsure:

Starting to learn what DLL Files are needed for System functionality ....

Stll believe that about 1000 out of 3000 DLL files are really required for Mini OS to work ....

This really can be a spacesaver .... But will take time to get good list of keep_DLL_System32.txt

That File_List file is now used in automatic way to FILTER what DLL files of System32 must Not be Removed.

Testing all the time booting from RAMDISK so that System is not damaged by experiment.

ProcMon is quite useful to get list of DLL files needed for System functionality.

ProcMon with ShellExperienceHost.exe and RuntimeBroker.exe and StartMenuExperienceHost.exe and ctfmon.exe ......

Moving DLL Files Out of System32 to folder \Windows\Sys32_DLLand again Inside System32 does not give issues  :)

• antonino61 likes this

#818 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 05 January 2022 - 12:05 PM

now I will run dllcare on a full system and ... do u want f-m dll list, s dll list, system* dll list, or all of them?

#819 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 05 January 2022 - 12:10 PM

now I will run dllcare on a full system and ... do u want f-m dll list, s dll list, system* dll list, or all of them?

What I need is finally the list of System32 DLL files that we must keep for Mini OS to work.

I don't know what dllcare can do, but if you come with keep_DLL_System32.txt of good quality then I will be happy  :rolleyes: 

#820 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 05 January 2022 - 12:20 PM

according to the registry and software on the system, dllcare will provide one list of system32 dlls and one list of syswow64 dlls that are missing, i will give u the system32 list in a bit.

#821 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 05 January 2022 - 12:52 PM

here u go

Attached Files

#822 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 05 January 2022 - 07:08 PM

r we sure we really want the new apps menu? would we not be happy with the legacy control panel and a few reg and cmd or bat tweaks if we could? in my case, the new apps menu has long gone.

#823 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 05 January 2022 - 07:39 PM

r we sure we really want the new apps menu? would we not be happy with the legacy control panel and a few reg and cmd or bat tweaks if we could? in my case, the new apps menu has long gone.

You mean we can remove completely the Immersive Control Panel (System Settings) User Interface for Windows Settings 

and only have the old Control Panel ?

How to do this ? Can you give details ?

#824 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 05 January 2022 - 07:54 PM

If I send u my custom remove files text u will see how it is done. As for the legacy cpl, I think universal windows tweaker
Or even ur sysiNfo panel can bring up all cpl items, although we still need some reg, cmd, bat and/or any command line tweaks for functions that could not be assessed thru the cpl instance by instance (she'll::* is one of them).

#825 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1525 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 05 January 2022 - 09:12 PM

btw, I have come across 2 different keep_syswow64 files.txt's, 1 ur usual 1, and the other my plethoric 1 that I used for some time lest my favorite software should not work. so everytime u posted the new version I would "take good care" to copy mine over urs. for a couple of recent versions i forgot to do that, so I have been left with ur version that works perfectly well, still provided I reintegrate winsxs. now can the following proportion

my big keepsyswow64 / ur small keepsyswow64 = the present system32 files we still keep / x 

hold good for our aim as well (x being the small keepsystem32 files we should hopefully come up with). are they parallel? if they are, we can more easily find our way thru.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ramdisk, grub4dos, wimlib, svbus, windows 10, ssd, usb, wim, vhd, wimboot

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users