Photo

Windows 8 Enterprise - And the others versions?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 juandecerro

juandecerro

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
    Paraguay

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:05 AM

I have downloaded the win 8 enterprise evaluation, I'm doing an AIO install of win8/7, but in the menu only show windows 8 enterprise 32 and 64 bits... how I can "active"or "put" the others versions?? example, WIndows 8 home, professional, etc??? It can be??

PD: my english is too baaaaaad :(

#2 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:05 PM

I have downloaded the win 8 enterprise evaluation, I'm doing an AIO install of win8/7, but in the menu only show windows 8 enterprise 32 and 64 bits...

How queer... :whistling:
The Windows 8 enterprise evaluation contains the enterprise (only) version, unsurprisingly.
http://technet.micro...r/jj552442.aspx

Windows 8 Enterprise Evaluation FAQ

Q: Which Windows 8 editions are available for evaluation?

A: Only Windows 8 Enterprise is available for evaluation.

:cheers:
Wonko

#3 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

There is only 3 versions of win8 in each architecture - win 8, win 8 pro, win 8 enterprise. If you have the win8 pro iso and the win 8 enterprise iso then its is possible to merge the two by exporting win 8 enterprise to the win 8 pro install.wim.

If you want version selection during boot create an ei.cfg file in the sources folder that contains the following 2 lines:

[Channel]
Retail

#4 juandecerro

juandecerro

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
    Paraguay

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

How queer... :whistling:
The Windows 8 enterprise evaluation contains the enterprise (only) version, unsurprisingly.
http://technet.micro...r/jj552442.aspx

:cheers:
Wonko

hummm ok.. thanks Wonko!

There is only 3 versions of win8 in each architecture - win 8, win 8 pro, win 8 enterprise. If you have the win8 pro iso and the win 8 enterprise iso then its is possible to merge the two by exporting win 8 enterprise to the win 8 pro install.wim.

If you want version selection during boot create an ei.cfg file in the sources folder that contains the following 2 lines:

[Channel]
Retail

Ah ok.. I only have the enterprise ISO, well.. thank you very much!!

#5 sysprg

sysprg
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    Russian Federation

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:11 AM

There is only 3 versions of win8 in each architecture - win 8, win 8 pro, win 8 enterprise. If you have the win8 pro iso and the win 8 enterprise iso then its is possible to merge the two by exporting win 8 enterprise to the win 8 pro install.wim. If you want version selection during boot create an ei.cfg file in the sources folder that contains the following 2 lines: [Channel] Retail

Sorry, could you comment my understanding of  exporting install.wim from Enterprise DVD-image to Pro image,  I see the following way

1. using ADO DISM mount Enterprise Install.wim and then copy Windows-tree content ( 11 G ) somewhere on my disk ( by Total commander or XCOPY )

2. unmount Enterprise Install.wim, discard

3. mount Win8 Pro Install.wim

4.compare contents of Windows trees with Total Commander and copy files and directories which are absent in Pro.

5. update Install.wim

I see a problem when copiing files: I remember TC failed to copy one or more LOG-type files. And what about non-equal files - should I keep those from Win8Pro or replace them by those from Enterprise?

#6 sysprg

sysprg
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    Russian Federation

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

seems got answer by myself, working with ADK I never need to use ImageX util being sure that PE 4.0 DISM can do anything that previous WAIK-tools ImageX do. But appeared that DISM has no /export function but ADK ImageX has it. Thus a way is clear, sorry for a stupid question.

#7 sysprg

sysprg
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    Russian Federation

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

Have done merge, it can be done as with ADK DISM.exe /Export-Image, as with ADK ImageX  /export, the result is:

02.01.2013  04:45     3 490 564 096 9200.16384.WIN8_RTM.120725-1247_X64FRE_ENTERPRISE_EVAL_EN-US-HRM_CENA_X64FREE_EN-US_DV5.ISO
04.01.2013  18:37     3 494 832 128 ru_windows_8_x64_dvd_915419.iso
10.01.2013  19:18     3 999 635 456 Windows8-x64-Ultimate.iso

That is all the difference between Windows8 Enterprise and Professional is less then 500 Mb and Pro contains two images second being very small.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users