app scripts portable template

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:57 PM

I'm currently adding some "fundamental" apps to the multiPE project, like CCleaner, DiskDefrag, AMMYY.
Because there are portable versions of these apps available, I decided to use these portable versions.

When creating the scripts, many commands inside the script were similar. I copied from other scripts and edited to reach the actual goal.

Then I have had the idea "Why not create a template, where only some different data have to be changed".
What are portable app scripts?
  • They download something when necessary.
  • They copy either one file or unzip an archive to the target.
  • Maybe they define one or more files which (PE does not have them) have to be copied to target.
  • Create some shortcuts to start the portable app.
Therefore I tried to put all variable data concentrated at certain places, and have the reminder of the script same code.
The result looks like this:
pTemplate.gif
To create a new portable app script, just use the attached code and edit to your personal demand only the following lines:

[main]
Title=AusLogic DiskDefrag Portable
Description=This script adds AusLogic DiskDefrag Portable to the build
Author=Peter Schlang

[variables]
%ProgramTitle%="AusLogic DiskDefrag Portable"
%ProgramEXE%=ausdiskdefragportable.exe
%DownFile%=ausdiskdefragportable.exe
%ProgramFolder%=Portable\DiskDefrag
%RequiresFiles%=True
%RunFrom.RAM%=True

[Interface]
AttachHint="Before the first use you must (download and) attach ausdiskdefragportable.exe!",1,1,21,191,515,18,9,Bold
DownloadURL=,1,0,127,223,409,21,http://www.auslogics.com/en/downloads/disk-defrag/ausdiskdefragportable.exe
MoreInfo="More info ...",1,10,191,85,82,18,http://www.auslogics.com/en/software/disk-defrag/portable/
AdditionalInfo="AusLogic DiskDefrag Portable is free for home use!",1,1,192,56,343,18,9,Bold

When, and only when some files have to be added to the PE (%RequiresFiles%=True)

[AddFiles]
If,EXISTVAR,%PEF_Type%,MountCD
require_file,...
If,EXISTVAR,%PEF_Type%,UnMountCD

The template is written for use in multiPE, but it can be used also in other projects.
In other projects you
  • may delete the section [UploadClean]. There is no harm when you do not delete.
  • may replace the lines with MountCD and UnMountCD in [AddFiles] with some code valid for your project.
Happy testing!

Peter

Attached File  AusDefragPortable.Script   8.78KB   712 downloads

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: app scripts, portable, template

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users