5 replies to this topic

#1 AdamW

AdamW
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 20 November 2009 - 07:14 PM

Hi, folks. I haven't yet confirmed this myself, but I've received reports from multiple users who've tried to use unetbootin on the Fedora 12 final live images, but with no success - the boot of the finalized USB stick fails. When I advise them to use the Fedora livecd-iso-to-disk or liveusb-creator tools instead, it works. So it seems like unetbootin has trouble with Fedora 12 final, for some reason. Are you aware of this? Working on a fix? Thanks!

#2 Wonneproppen

Wonneproppen

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 09 January 2010 - 03:39 PM

use the liveusb-creator from Fedora and all works fine. ----- tested by myself :D

https://fedorahosted...3.9.1-setup.exe

#3 AdamW

AdamW
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 04 February 2010 - 08:44 AM

I know that, thanks - I'm not asking because I need it to work for me, but because I work on Fedora and I get a lot of people asking why unetbootin-created F12 images don't work, so I thought it would be nice to pass on the issue to upstream. You know, the way things are supposed to work.

#4 N8 the Gr8

N8 the Gr8
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 February 2010 - 06:51 PM

There are several options when you use unetbootin in Fedora12 live cd on a usb stick. If you click on Fedora-12-Live, you will get an error that it can not find a boot device part way through the boot process. If you select "Boot" (At least for me) you should have no problems

#5 Gostep

Gostep

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
    Vietnam

Posted 11 April 2010 - 03:02 PM

The Fedora 12 LiveCD didn't work with Unetbootin for me neither, but the DVD ISO worked.

#6 tuxcantfly

tuxcantfly
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 April 2010 - 03:03 AM

With the current upstream version of UNetbootin (393 and above) Fedora 12 LiveUSB creation should correctly work. Please report a bug at http://bugs.launchpad.net/unetbootin if you encounter any issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users