Help with UnetBootIn

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 leshcat

leshcat

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:44 PM

I was making a simple usb flash with "Hiren Boot CD" using UnetBootIn (4.19) . It done good, but An option in Loader Menu has no record like "Boot From First Hard Disk" (In my case its harddrive with Windows 7) and its really annoying me to reboot whole computer just to go on with booting, avoiding the Loader.

Clearely, record in syslinux.cfg is missing about it. Could someone copy and paste the code please? :)

Addon:

Installed Ubuntu 9.10 with UnetBootIn on clean USB Flash Drive - option to "Boot From First Hard Disk" still absent, means syslinux.cfg has no info about it too :)

Addon: To completely make myself clear what i want, here is a picture.
I need Last Option of Menu.

Addon:~50 views and no anwser? Maybe i dont get the point? Or wrote smt stupid?

#2 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:30 AM

Actually we don't support the use of WAREZ.

That may be part of the reason.

:)
Wonko

#3 leshcat

leshcat

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:46 AM

Actually we don't support the use of WAREZ.

That may be part of the reason.

Wonko

Well this is something new, never thought about UBUNTU as WAREZ.

If you are refering to Hiren's Boot CD..well,i never asked here about "howto" install or configure it.
(also i am kinda doubt its warez,as i if you look carefully here,you ll see that most of stuff IS FREEWARE,and also YOU can delete the PAID stuff from image by your own hands making it completely LEGIT )

I am asking here about the UNETBOOTIN syslinux.cfg file that is missing the Record, as i said doesnt matter what i ve been installing or HBCD or UBUNTU.

Still awaiting for reply.

#4 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 29 March 2010 - 11:40 AM

If you are refering to Hiren's Boot CD..well,i never asked here about "howto" install or configure it.
(also i am kinda doubt its warez,as i if you look carefully here,you ll see that most of stuff IS FREEWARE

I VERY RARELY fail to look carefully. :)
Last time I calculated it the unlicensed, unredistributable softwares contained in there were worth something like US$3,000.

and also YOU can delete the PAID stuff from image by your own hands making it completely LEGIT )

Sure :), you can also hire someone else to delete the illegal stuff without touching it with your hands, and you can also rob a bank and then burn the money you stole, but that doesn't make it right, and it would be easier/faster to use the UBCD which is ALREADY completely legit.
Or build your own with the stuff you actually have licenses for.
BTW, last time I checked, UBCD did have an entry in main.cfg to boot hard disk:
http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

I am asking here about the UNETBOOTIN syslinux.cfg file that is missing the Record, as i said doesnt matter what i ve been installing or HBCD or UBUNTU.

Well, you asked ALSO this:

and I replied to that part ONLY, giving you a possible answer to it.

If you want it more explicitly, you asked three questions:

Addon:~50 views and no anwser?

There is NO contract that binds any member to reply to questions by any other member, life is tough and sometimes you simply won't have what you want, personally I find that something like "~50 views and no anwser?" falls in the category of whining, a state of mind/approach that personally I don't appreciate:
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/whine
(meaning #2)

Maybe i dont get the point?

It is a possibility, yes. :)
If you took the time, since you are having a problem with syslinux.cfg, to check Syslinux package, or read about it on it's site or in the boot-land section dedicated to it:
http://www.boot-land...hp?showforum=92
you may have found your solution allright.

Or wrote smt stupid?

Remember you asked for it B), IMHO, yes, for two reasons:
  • using WAREZ is foolish
  • whining is foolish

Still awaiting for reply.

Good. :)
In the meantime you may want to read the syslinux.txt in the \doc\ of the syslinux release, where you may find the answer. :)

B)
Wonko

#5 leshcat

leshcat

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:35 PM

Wonko
Well,you asked for it:

About you:I see you are very "smart",probably a software developer as you are standing "so hard" for software rights. Btw,never seen an Italian if to believe to your flag,which is caring so much about cybernetic rights.

About the HBCD: you can calculate whatever you want, if you download this set of tools ,you can easely clearout the "paid-licence there" without even starting it. You can assume this set of programs are trial. Or I have no right to delete trial things?

And as you said:

but that doesn't make it right

well,its just your IMHO, typically closeminded view(no offence).

About the "~50 etc". I can hardly believe that people here in this particular subforum "UNetbootin" DONT use it,just to simply check their syslinux.cfg with tiny part of code (which i in strange circumstances miss) i need.

I am here not to argue,i am here to find a solution. syslinux.txt and correlating forums were checked and double rechecked. And unfortunately i didnt find an anwser,or i would be already celebrating this "small victory".

#6 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:50 PM

About the HBCD: you can calculate whatever you want, if you download this set of tools ,you can easely clearout the "paid-licence there" without even starting it. You can assume this set of programs are trial. Or I have no right to delete trial things?

You have lots of rights, and believe me when I am saying that it is very improbable that I will try to steal ANY of them from you.:)
But this doesn't mean that also members of this board cannot have their own rights, among which there is that of answering (or completely fail to answer) questions posted.
You posted several questions, (most of which unneeded) and I chose to answer to ONLY the unneeded ones, and fail to answer the only real one, it's one of my rights after all.

Now, it would be interesting if you could produce a list of the apps that you "need" to delete from that WAREZ release in order to make it "legit".
Even better if you write a batch, or .vbs, or whatever script that automatically deletes from the download everything that could constitute a copyright infringement or however a form of stealing form the intellectual properties of the Authors.
Since I assume that's what you normally do, you should be familiar with the process. :)

And as you said:
well,its just your IMHO, typically closeminded view(no offence).

Sure, but again you asked a question and I replied with my opinion on the reasons why you got no answer, that has nothing with open or closed mind.

About the "~50 etc". I can hardly believe that people here in this particular subforum "UNetbootin" DONT use it,just to simply check their syslinux.cfg with tiny part of code (which i in strange circumstances miss) i need.

I don't get it. :unsure:
You have a problem with Syslinux - no matter what caused it - wouldn't it be more likely that syslinux experts (i.e. the people that might help you with your issue) populate the Syslinux forum, instead of the Unetbootin one?

I am here not to argue,i am here to find a solution. syslinux.txt and correlating forums were checked and double rechecked. And unfortunately i didnt find an anwser,or i would be already celebrating this "small victory".

Well, the good news are:
  • I am NOT a developer :)
  • I am Italian allright (exception that confirms the rule? :))

And you know, :) :
Posted Image

So, you actually did read the whole syslinux.txt and you missed what LOCALBOOT does? :w00t:

Now, will it work? :unsure:

Wonko

#7 leshcat

leshcat

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:17 PM

Wonko

Since I assume that's what you normally do, you should be familiar with the process.

Wonko,its really childish anwser. Your sarcasm isn't appliable.

if you could produce

I believe i could.

You have a problem with Syslinux

UnetBootIn created it (syslinux.cfg), so its quiet logical to come here for anwsers.

Posted Image

Childish. But its ok. As far as i am aware,most of italians like that.

did read the whole syslinux.txt

Yes,Wonko,i did and if this "localboot" would work i would not be here!

#8 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:56 PM

Yes,Wonko,i did and if this "localboot" would work i would not be here!

Well, the only actually meaningful points I was trying to make were (as always IMHO):
  • You shouldn't be here at all, but rather here:
    http://www.boot-land...hp?showforum=92
  • asking NOT about unetbootin, but posting something like:

I am missing the possibility to "boot next device" or "boot from first hard disk" when booting from USB stick, I have tried different settings for a syslinux.cfg entry for "LOCALBOOT", but it doesn't work.
    How can I have it working?

• whining and mentioning the use of WAREZ isn't usually very productive in inducing other members of this Board try and help you

i.e. simply advice you should follow in order to maximize the probabilities to get (hopefully) a solution to your problem.

I see that these have not "passed through". :)

BTW, "closed minded" was not an offence, according to you, would "childish" be one? :)

Wonko

#9 leshcat

leshcat

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 06:51 PM

Wonko

About Redirecting:This is a good advice,i agree,i guess i ll do it sooner or later.

But:

whining and mentioning the use of WAREZ isn't usually very productive in inducing other members of this Board try and help you

Wonko, you really miss the point. I never said that WAREZ is good thing to use, never agitated to use it.
All i am trying to say here,that in particular case of HBCD, you have a possibility to costumize it at your willing. If you willing - remove the "paid stuff" and leave the freeware only so it wount be a WAREZ. I dont get it,whats the problem you have with this?

About the childish:look pm :)

#10 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:26 PM

Wonko, you really miss the point. I never said that WAREZ is good thing to use, never agitated to use it.
All i am trying to say here,that in particular case of HBCD, you have a possibility to costumize it at your willing. If you willing - remove the "paid stuff" and leave the freeware only so it wount be a WAREZ. I dont get it,whats the problem you have with this?

I have no problems (or noone actually with this).

You started a topic saying that you were using a known warez release AND asked why noone replied to you.
I gave you a number of possible reasons why:
  • mentioning WAREZ is not a smart thing to mention when asking for help on this board. <-this is good advice
  • whining is not a smart thing to do when asking for help on this board. <-this is good advice

Then you came out with the - I have to say rather original - idea of downloading whole WAREZ releases to later delete the "not-legal" stuff, and I pointed you to an alternative, a boot CD with similar functions BUT surely completely legal. <-this is also good advice

I told you that:
  • using WAREZ is foolish <-this is my opinion (see my signature)
  • whining is foolish and I don't appreciate it <-again my opinion
  • downloading a full WAREZ to delete the "not-legal" stuff and keep the freeware is foolish <- and this is again my opinion, and, additionally I consider it being such a tall story that I strongly doubt that anyone is falling for it

About the childish:look pm :)

Got it and replied.

Wonko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users