35 replies to this topic

#26 jmcswain

jmcswain

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 16 March 2009 - 12:58 AM

If you still don't get access to your disk, open up the script in the WB Editor or a text editor and change this line

IniWrite,"%target_win%\txtsetup.sif","HardWareIdsDatabase","PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_5275&CC_0101","#$qultra#$q"
to
IniWrite,"%target_win%\txtsetup.sif","HardWareIdsDatabase","PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_5275&CC_0100","#$qultra#$q"

If that still doesn't work, change the line to
IniWrite,"%target_win%\txtsetup.sif","HardWareIdsDatabase","PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_5275&CC_0104","#$qultra#$q"

Thanks,
Galapo.

OK, Will do. Getting late on this side of the world so may not get back to you for a few hours. Will let you know what I find when I finish the runs.

#27 jmcswain

jmcswain

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 16 March 2009 - 12:35 PM

If you still don't get access to your disk, open up the script in the WB Editor or a text editor and change this line

IniWrite,"%target_win%\txtsetup.sif","HardWareIdsDatabase","PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_5275&CC_0101","#$qultra#$q"
to
IniWrite,"%target_win%\txtsetup.sif","HardWareIdsDatabase","PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_5275&CC_0100","#$qultra#$q"

If that still doesn't work, change the line to
IniWrite,"%target_win%\txtsetup.sif","HardWareIdsDatabase","PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_5275&CC_0104","#$qultra#$q"

Thanks,
Galapo.

Last change worked!! I can see all drives. For some reason I now don't have USB but maybe that has something do do with error about the USB script being obsolete. Will investigate further.

Thanks for all your help in this!

#28 jmcswain

jmcswain

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:50 PM

Last change worked!! I can see all drives. For some reason I now don't have USB but maybe that has something do do with error about the USB script being obsolete. Will investigate further.

Thanks for all your help in this!

All working now! Had to download to get an updated USB script. Again, thanks for all your help!

#29 cdob

cdob

Gold Member

• Expert
  • 1469 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:30 PM

@jmcswain

I'm confused:

From Post #5

Hardware ID's:
PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_5275&SUBSYS_B0011458

This match motherboard_driver_raid_promise_20276\RAID_chip20276\Driver\WinXP\FASTTRAK.INF

%PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_5275.DeviceDesc% = FasttrakPCI133_2 , PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_5275&SUBSYS_B0001458

This is a strong match. The motherboard manufacturer recommends driver fatstrack.sys.

The device does use RAID mode.
You may use one hard disk at a RAID mass storage controller.

From Post #20

I separated out the ATA 133 Drivers years ago since I didn't use raid.

This causes confusion today.
The device does use RAID mode. And running windows does use non RAID drivers.
Fasttrack.sys dosn't work today.

Galapo solved this special case already.

@Galapo
Great work.
There is no need to change global driverpacks solution.

#30 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 16 March 2009 - 08:23 PM

@jmcswain
I'd like you to also test this script for completeness: http://galapo.boot-l...fasttrak.script

Make sure you disable the other script for this test.

Thanks,
Galapo.

#31 jmcswain

jmcswain

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:07 PM

@jmcswain
I'd like you to also test this script for completeness: http://galapo.boot-l...fasttrak.script

Make sure you disable the other script for this test.

Thanks,
Galapo.

I tried it and no luck.

#32 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:27 PM

I tried it and no luck.

Now, isn't that interesting! The driver that the manufacturer recommends doesn't work for your situation. Even though your device is set up as raid, the raid driver doesn't work for you.

My advice to you would be that since you aren't using the device for it's raid capabilities you should change the bios settings to non-raid setting. Then the driverpack should work as the ultra.sys driver should be used rather than fasttrak.sys.

Regards,
Galapo.

#33 jmcswain

jmcswain

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:48 PM

Now, isn't that interesting! The driver that the manufacturer recommends doesn't work for your situation. Even though your device is set up as raid, the raid driver doesn't work for you.

My advice to you would be that since you aren't using the device for it's raid capabilities you should change the bios settings to non-raid setting. Then the driverpack should work as the ultra.sys driver should be used rather than fasttrak.sys.

Regards,
Galapo.

Maybe I'm confused or I have confused you. I have never used the raid configuration. That is why I separated out the ATA 133 ultra driver from the Gigabyte driver pack years ago because it is the only one I need. The XP ultra driver does not work, it requires the Gigabyte ultra driver.

#34 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:58 PM

I have never used the raid configuration.

Nevertheless, your device is recognised by the system as raid. Hence these non-raid HWIDs weren't recognised in your tests above: PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_5275&CC_0101, PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_5275&CC_0100 but instead this raid HWID was the one that got you access to your disks: PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_5275&CC_0104. That means that your device is configured by the system as raid, not as something else. It is that configuration which causes the DriverPacks mass storage pack to not work in your situation, as that situation is non-predicatable.

The XP ultra driver does not work, it requires the Gigabyte ultra driver.

Yes, I realise that. We've only ever been discussing the OEM drivers here as far as I was aware.

Regards,
Galapo.

#35 jmcswain

jmcswain

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:15 PM

Nevertheless, your device is recognised by the system as raid. Hence these non-raid HWIDs weren't recognised in your tests above: PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_5275&CC_0101, PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_5275&CC_0100 but instead this raid HWID was the one that got you access to your disks: PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_5275&CC_0104. That means that your device is configured by the system as raid, not as something else. It is that configuration which causes the DriverPacks mass storage pack to not work in your situation, as that situation is non-predicatable.

Yes, I realise that. We've only ever been discussing the OEM drivers here as far as I was aware.

Regards,
Galapo.

I just went into the bios. The controller has two options RAID and ATA. I have it set for ATA. But what you are saying is that the MB still reports it as a raid device which then causes the DriverPack to load the incorrect driver? I sure appreciate your sorting all that out for me. I have on numerous occasions regretted having ever put the system drive on that controller. This case is just one of the pains it has caused! (But never quite enough pain to go back and undo it!)

Again, many thanks!

#36 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:25 PM

But what you are saying is that the MB still reports it as a raid device which then causes the DriverPack to load the incorrect driver?

Yes, that's what I'd have to suggest is happening. If in the bios you have set it to a non-raid setting, there seems no other explanation which explains the fact that the HWID used by the system for the device remains PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_5275&CC_0104. To me it seems that altering that bios setting is doing nothing.

Regards,
Galapo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users